Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--4--Unto You a Saviour  (Read 23180 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--4--Unto You a Saviour
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2019, 08:46:30 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean! Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!!!  Christ came to this Earth to reveal the character of God. What more do we need to see!! Man is saved by grace. What is grace? Who is Jesus and who is our heavenly Father? Where are we to go to learn of them? Faith cometh by hearing. Hearing what? If we want to trust God with all we are and all we have, how can we learn this trust? We must first know the character of the One in whom we shall place our lives and every thing we have. In today's reading is revealed the character of God. It is grace, for it is undeserved favor bestowed upon sinners and saints. How can it be grace for saints?  It is indeed grace for the unfallen worlds, for our heavenly Father allowed His innocent Son to come to this dark spot in the universe where Satan claimed dominion in fallen flesh, not just to give us an example of what we might become through Him. He came to reveal His character that the entire universe might be protected from sin for eternity!! He came a helpless babe subject to our weakness to fight the battle of life as we must fight it at the risk of failure and eternal loss!! Eternal loss? What is that?

If Jesus had sinned He would have been separated from His Father for eternity. Think about that. Think about the risk our Father took when He allowed Jesus to become our Savior. Satan did all he could with the evil angels to assault Jesus when a baby, in His childhood, His youth, and as a man. It was not easy for our heavenly Father to allow this. He wanted to protect His Son as we want to protect our children. Jesus came to His Father and asked to become our Intercessor and Savior, to stand between the sinner and death. But, His father did not consent, even though they had agreed before the foundation of the Earth. Jesus came a second time and His Father did not agree. It was the third time Jesus sought permision to come as a helpless babe to our fallen world that our Father gave Him permission. It was not easy! And His Father suffered so very much all of those years watching His innocent Son suffer! Herein is grace! It is more than a Word, it is the power that transforms sinners into saints. Yes, wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!! What a God we serve!!

How many times have I shared this truth? Go back and see how many times I have in this forum. And, as long as I live, I will continue to repeat the very same thing. For it is by beholding this love, that we are transformed into saints. We need grace daily and I have never seen such a revelation of grace as this truth. I testify that it is by remembering this love that I am lifted above the suffering and sorrow in this world. God does not take away my trials, but empowers me to think of Him and what He has done for me. This is the power that keeps us from sin. I pray that as you read this, the Holy Spirit will open your eyes to see what I have seen. The unfathomable love of God for us when we were yet sinners and even love that He has for all of His creation when we all are not!

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.
     Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! 

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2019, 05:56:51 PM »
  "The King of glory stooped low to take humanity. Rude and forbidding were His earthly surroundings. His glory was veiled, that the majesty of His outward form might not become an object of attraction. He shunned all outward display. Riches, worldly honor, and human greatness can never save a soul from death; Jesus purposed that no attraction of an earthly nature should call men to His side. Only the beauty of heavenly truth must draw those who would follow Him. The character of the Messiah had long been foretold in prophecy, and He desired men to accept Him upon the testimony of the word of God."

We can't begin to comprehend what Jesus did for us. Leaving the beauty and glory of His heavenly home and family to come to a place that will hate Him, torment Him, and crucify Him. I want to know more of that love. I want to allow Him access to my heart that He may bestow that love within me; so that I may introduce Him to others with that same irresistible love that originates only with God.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2019, 07:46:56 PM »
 "Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss."

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!"

What more can one say except THANK YOU FATHER - THANK YOU JESUS along with a FULL COMMITMENT of Willing Service! Take my heart and let it be Consecrated Lord To Thee.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2019, 06:47:56 AM »
Amen, Bother Beacon!

Our Heavenly Father has already taken the greatest risk of all in sending His Son to be born in this dark, sinful and dangerous planet where the devil is roaring like a lion to try to destroy. Yet Jesus came, lived a sinless life, died as our Sacrifice, and is preparing a place for us in heaven; and because He did this, those who have children even in these last days can remember how Jesus walked in this life, and that God the Father considered it worth the risk to send us His love in His Son. Love requires risk. God loved us so much that instead of making us robots, He gave us free will. He longs for us to know His love so our freedom will be exercised in the happiest way possible--according to the pattern of life revealed in Christ, and individually wrought according the unique personality of the tribe God ordained for us to reveal! As we learn of Christ today, let us remember the value God has placed upon each of us in the risk He already took to redeem us! What wondrous love is this, O my soul!!

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. 'Herein is love.' Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!" {The Desire of Ages, page 49, paragraph 2}

If parents today would remember that Jesus has made a safe path for them and their children (not free from trial, but a path in which we will never be forced to sin, for we can always choose Jesus), they would be encouraged to go to God and find encouragement to be filled with His heavenly love that transforms and renews the heart and mind to walk even as Jesus walked! Such lives breathe fragrance and beauty in this sinful, hurting world, repairing the very gladness of the Father's heart (whose heart has been deeply pained by sin's inception from when Lucifer first rebelled). Our Savior longs to see us redeemed and reinstated to our full privileges as sons and daughters of the Most High God, bearing all of the fruits of the Spirit in this life without one missing and even more abundantly forevermore!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2019, 07:55:30 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  God gave His Son to us! Forever He will be our Brother. What a thought!! What a Savior!! Who ought ever question their love for us while we were yet sinners!

"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss."

What more can one say except THANK YOU FATHER - THANK YOU JESUS

Amen Brother Beacon! Then let's say it again with no need of commentary.

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.
     Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2020, 02:03:37 AM »
"God declares, 'I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground.' 'Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness.' Isaiah 44:3; Psalm 112:4. To those who are seeking for light, and who accept it with gladness, the bright rays from the throne of God will shine." {The Desire of Ages, page 47, paragraph 2}

Do you thirst for Jesus? He will more than abundantly supply the desire of the heart that desires Him! His Spirit has wrought upon your heart to desire that which He longs to impart--a revelation of His loveliness and a fresh experience in abiding in Him, that He may reveal all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing through you!!

"For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked" (1 Corinthians 12:24).

God loves to honor those who truly sense their deep need of His grace and will give Him ALL the glory for what He has done and will do in the life unreservedly yielded to Him!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2020, 10:12:52 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. God will give us today exactly what we need to know if we're willing to follow the light. And the light has never shined more brightly than the following:

What more need be said. What a God we serve!

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
"In the temple the morning and the evening sacrifice daily pointed to the Lamb of God; yet even here was no preparation to receive Him. The priests and teachers of the nation knew not that the greatest event of the ages was about to take place. They rehearsed their meaningless prayers, and performed the rites of worship to be seen by men, but in their strife for riches and worldly honor they were not prepared for the revelation of the Messiah. The same indifference pervaded the land of Israel. Hearts selfish and world-engrossed were untouched by the joy that thrilled all heaven. Only a few were longing to behold the Unseen. To these heaven's embassy was sent."

" Are "WE" preparing to meet the ONE who made our salvation possible??  Are "WE" telling others of His 2nd Coming and how to be ready? Are "WE" spending a thought hour in prayer and reading or are "WE"also too BUSY?  Will "WE" hear the words  " Well Done " or the most horrible words to reach human ears..." Depart from Me I never knew you."?  There is no middle ground...Jesus said, " You are either for Me or Against Me. What will your choice, my choice, be today??

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2020, 04:10:11 AM »
Have you ever heard someone say, "I get you"? Well, there is good news in the person of Jesus, and that is that He "gets us." He understands you better than your spouse, your father, your mother, your siblings, your best friend, or anyone you know. He understands what you are thinking, He knows the depths of your temptations, and He is RIGHT THERE WITH YOU NOW to help you in EVERY TRIAL to find help and strength to choose what He did: willing obedience from a heart that knows the love of our Heavenly Father. Jesus' favorite theme to dwell upon was the paternal tenderness of our heavenly Father, and it is incredible to behold the love the Father has for us in sending His Son, Jesus, to this speck of a planet to be our sin-bearer and to live among us and finally die for us as our Savior! Let us look up and find in Him all we can truly desire!!

As we learn of Christ, He gives us new desires--a new heart and a new mind imbued with His Spirit so that all of the fruits of the Spirit are manifest in our lives--not one will be missing! We cannot live without sin except Christ the Savior abides in us! It is a union and communion of the divine nature giving us power over our fallen nature on a moment-by-moment basis! Let us realize the power of God's grace and encourage others to look to Jesus continually!

Dorine

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2020, 04:34:16 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. My thoughts this morning are along the same lines.

"Heaven and earth are no wider apart today than when shepherds listened to the angels' song. Humanity is still as much the object of heaven's solicitude as when common men of common occupations met angels at noonday, and talked with the heavenly messengers in the vineyards and the fields. To us in the common walks of life, heaven may be very near."

I shall tuck this promise away in my memory as I go through this day. There is no bond here on earth that compares to the bond that Jesus has with those who love Him and keep Him in their hearts. We can mention 'marriage', 'parent and child', but sin has marred the beauty of these relationships. Only as we make Jesus our all in all can we realize what an intimate relationship with Jesus really means. "Angels from the courts above will attend the steps of those who come and go at God's command."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2020, 06:58:06 AM »

I can't help but ask myself and you also....Should we not spend at least a thoughtful hour a day meditating on the selfless Love of Jesus who was willing to risk everything to secure our rescue from the grasp of Satan thereby guaranteeing the future happiness not only of planet Earth but THE WHOLE UNIVERSE! Giving us also a promise that " SIN WILL NEVER ARISE AGAIN!! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »

The most beautiful truth every there was!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2020, 06:01:32 AM »
When we think of the risk that our Heavenly Father took in sending Jesus to our dark planet to bring light and salvation, it can be an immense encouragement to know that God will provide for each of us and lead us in the path that leads to eternal life. Let us receive His word, His plan, and His character so He may reveal His grace in and through us!

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. 'Herein is love.' Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!" {The Desire of Ages, page 49, paragraph 1}

What wondrous love we see in Christ! The goodness of God leads us to repentance whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in and through our lives! What joy to abide in Christ!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2020, 06:30:30 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! What love God has for us, even when we were yet sinners!

It is hard to imagine that there is a chapter that could bless more than Gethsemane, Calvary, and It is Finished, but chapter four has been the greatest blessing I have ever received.

Because the days are short, I will not spend a lot of time, but will get to the point quickly. After all, the chapter is here for all to be similarly blessed. I do not have to tell others what is here. But, I must testify to the blessing God has given me through this chapter that others may come and taste and see if it not so.

The King of glory stooped low to take humanity....
Only the beauty of heavenly truth must draw those who would follow Him.... (not anything else, wild music, exciting movies, or novels created to tell the story)

To those who are seeking for light, and who accept it with gladness, the bright rays from the throne of God will shine.

And here comes truth so powerful that on my face I was too high before the God revealed.

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the
beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.  {DA 48.5} 
     Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.  {DA 49.1} 
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! DA 49

Amen, amen, and amen!!

Beacon

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2020, 07:04:45 AM »

"We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life."

"In the temple the morning and the evening sacrifice daily pointed to the Lamb of God; yet even here was no preparation to receive Him. The priests and teachers of the nation knew not that the greatest event of the ages was about to take place. They rehearsed their meaningless prayers, and performed the rites of worship to be seen by men, but in their strife for riches and worldly honor they were not prepared for the revelation of the Messiah. The same indifference pervaded the land of Israel. Hearts selfish and world-engrossed were untouched by the joy that thrilled all heaven..."

"Only a few were longing to behold the Unseen. To these heaven's embassy was sent."

Are "WE" preparing to meet the ONE who made our salvation possible??  Are "WE" telling others of His 2nd Coming and how to be ready? Are "WE" spending a thought hour in prayer and reading or are "WE"also too BUSY?  Will "WE" hear the words  " Well Done " or the most horrible words to reach human ears..." Depart from Me I never knew you."? There is no middle ground.

Jesus said, " You are either for Me or Against Me. Mathew 6:24

What will your choice, my choice, be today??

Beacon

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2020, 05:50:37 AM »
"The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life."

The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict.

To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!

What more could be done for earth's inhabitants?? What greater demonstration of redeeming love could have been shown by Jesus??  We have been told that we should spend a "Thoughtful hour each day" meditating on this great sacrifice. Are we doing it?? Or are we too BUSY
( Being Under Satan's Yoke ) ?? We each have 24 hrs/day. How we use that time may determine our destiny.

i.e. A young teenage boy ask his grandpa...Grandpa how come you spend soo much time reading your Bible?  The wise old grandpa thought for a moment and then said..." Well it's like preparing for one's Final Exams."  That's something to think about isn't it?

Dorine

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2020, 06:00:17 AM »

Jesus didn't have one advantage over us. In fact because of His heritage He was at a disadvantage. Yet in spite of every evil thing being hurled at Him, He never sinned. How was that possible? Only by His constant connection with His Father in heaven could He remain sinless. What should that tell us? Shouldn't we who are sinners have that same relationship with Jesus that Jesus had with His Father? Jesus was our example of a sinless life. Just because we are sinners we have no excuse to be sinning. That's what Jesus came to show and teach us. He came in love to set the captive free from the bonds of sin. Because heaven was willing to come down and dwell among us we now can rejoice in Jesus for He has made a way for us to spend eternity with Him. What wondrous love and grace He bestows upon us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2020, 08:46:25 PM »

Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2020, 07:10:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

What joy it is to behold Jesus' loveliness and by beholding to become changed! Then the heart renewed by the Holy Spirit will bring forth the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, and we can gladly walk in the path God chooses for us because He so loved us that He would risk sending His Son so we could walk safely by faith into heaven! The more we contemplate this love in a yielded union and communion with God, the more He imbues with His Spirit as we experience that "heaven begins in the soul, and as heavenly-mindedness increases, Christ is more and more appreciated, and finally becomes the Chiefest among ten thousand, the One altogether lovely" {Heaven, page 171, paragraph 4}

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. 'Herein is love.' Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!" {The Desire of Ages, page 49, paragraph 2}

Little children walking the earth in these perilous last days can know that Jesus walked the path before, and has made a way for them! Parents and teachers may rejoice that they have a loving Heavenly Father who so loved all of us as to give His Son to die that we might live lives that measure with the life of God forever! What wondrous love!!

Dorine

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2021, 04:53:05 AM »
"With amazement the heavenly messengers beheld the indifference of that people whom God had called to communicate to the world the light of sacred truth. The Jewish nation had been preserved as a witness that Christ was to be born of the seed of Abraham and of David's line; yet they knew not that His coming was now at hand. In the temple the morning and the evening sacrifice daily pointed to the Lamb of God; yet even here was no preparation to receive Him. The priests and teachers of the nation knew not that the greatest event of the ages was about to take place. They rehearsed their meaningless prayers, and performed the rites of worship to be seen by men, but in their strife for riches and worldly honor they were not prepared for the revelation of the Messiah. The same indifference pervaded the land of Israel. Hearts selfish and world-engrossed were untouched by the joy that thrilled all heaven. Only a few were longing to behold the Unseen. To these heaven's embassy was sent."

This truly is a chapter of love and sacrifice beyond anything human minds can comprehend. While meditating on the incredible condensation of God to come to this sin sick world to rescue fallen man, the heart swells with such gratitude and awe that human words seem so inadequate. May our hearts be touched with the 'joy that filled all heaven' as we carry Jesus in our hearts and minds to a world that is dying without Him.