Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--4--Unto You a Saviour  (Read 23394 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--4--Unto You a Saviour
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2023, 08:02:12 PM »
"We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall."

"Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence."

"Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension."

"It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin."

"Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity."

"What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors."

"He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life."

What tremendous condescension is shown here on the part of our Lord Jesus Christ. Lets sing a hymn of commitment and let Jesus know that we want our lives to Glorify Him.

====================
All my doubts I give to Jesus;
  I’ve His gracious promise heard:
I shall never be confounded,
  I am trusting in that word.
    I am trusting, fully trusting,
  Sweetly trusting in His word;
I am trusting, fully trusting,
    Sweetly trusting in His word.
All my sins I lay on Jesus,
  He doth wash me in His blood,
He will keep me pure and holy,
  He will keep me close to God.
All my fears I give to Jesus,
  Rests my weary soul on Him;
Though my way be hid in darkness,
  Never can His light grow dim.
All my joys I give to Jesus,
  He is all I want of bliss;
He of all the worlds is Master;
  He has all I need in this.
All I am I give to Jesus;
  All my body, all my soul;
All l have, and all I hope for,
  While eternal ages roll.

Lyrics:J. C. Morgan
Music:George Coles Stebbins (1846-1945)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2023, 04:26:21 AM »
"Men know it not, but the tidings fill heaven with rejoicing. With a deeper and more tender interest the holy beings from the world of light are drawn to the earth. The whole world is brighter for His presence. Above the hills of Bethlehem are gathered an innumerable throng of angels. They wait the signal to declare the glad news to the world. Had the leaders in Israel been true to their trust, they might have shared the joy of heralding the birth of Jesus. But now they are passed by."

Have you ever given a gift to someone in need that absolutely refuses to receive it because they don't accept charity? Imagine how heaven must have felt as their joy of sharing Jesus turns to astonishment to see the continual rejection of the most precious gift offered to a world in desperate need of rescueMay it never be said of any of us, "But now they are passed by."But not all were passed by. There were some whose hearts were open to truth and their stories have been recorded for our benefit and encouragement. May we be brought into a closer walk with Christ as we once again focus on the life of Christ.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2023, 08:30:08 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

You'll never run out of things to learn or appreciate from it...

"The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden 'the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God.' Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life." {The Desire of Ages, page 48, paragraph 6}

As we contemplate the infinite loveliness of Jesus and His mission to save a lost world, well would it be for us to grow more like Christ in character as we incarnate with a world that is six thousand years fallen in sin, weakened as generation after generation has sunk lower and lower in moral worth, in physical strength, and in mental power. Now, more than ever, we need to uplift Jesus who alone can restore the souls He created and cooperate with Him in bringing hope to the hopeless, and courage to those who feel like they have no purpose. God is love and His love is steadfast from generation to generation. We can look to Christ in His amazing condescension to become a human being and also contemplate His sacrifice at Calvary, being afresh motivated to do God's will from a sincere heart out of a true conversion experience in complete surrender to Him. Such a full surrender to God supernaturally gives Him the freedom to produce in the heart, mind and life all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as the born again soul is led in true obedience to all of God's Ten Commandments because love is awakened for the One who first loved us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2023, 09:33:44 PM »
Amen my dearest friends!  There are some things that rise above all others. God's grace is the power that transforms sinners into saints. It is God's love we do not deserve. Here is the greatest revelation of that grace extended to all of humanity at infinite cost, the risk of loving His innocent Son forever:

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.
     Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2023, 01:39:43 AM »
When an earthly father welcomes the birth of his first child, a new relationship begins that had no pre-existence. But when Jesus was born into the human family, our Heavenly Father's yearning love over His Son had eternal pre-existence, for Christ was the Word made flesh who has existed from eternity past, fully God, but upon His birth, also fully man. Oh, what deep love the Father felt over His Son, and from this, we can learn of the depth of His love over us, as Christ's birth into our human family is a pledge of God's infinite love for us which led Him to give His Son to become one of us, live for us, die for us as our perfect sacrifice, and rise from the grave to take away the sting of death so we could live bold, fearless lives in harmony with heaven and be ready to live with God forever! What an amazing gift God has given us in Jesus! Praise the Lord for the Holy Spirit who woos our hearts to behold Christ, appreciate His love, and in yielding all we have and are to Him, God fills us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we gladly obey God from the heart up to the light of truth He has shown us!

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. 'Herein is love.' Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!" {The Desire of Ages, page 49, paragraph 2}

Especially in these last days, let us point each child to the loving example of Jesus and His blameless life, giving us hope and courage to go forward in the love of Christ to serve and bless, seeking to reach others in the way Jesus did it!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2023, 07:21:06 AM »
Amen   Pastor Sean!  Herein is love!!

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.
     Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!

Knowing this, then how can this be:

The priests and teachers of the nation knew not that the greatest event of the ages was about to take place. They rehearsed their meaningless prayers, and performed the rites of worship to be seen by men, but in their strife for riches and worldly honor they were not prepared for the revelation of the Messiah. The same indifference pervaded the land of Israel. Hearts selfish and world-engrossed were untouched by the joy that thrilled all heaven. Only a few were longing to behold the Unseen. To these heaven's embassy was sent. 

And why do we see the same today? "The minds of many are clouded with unbelief because those who unite with the church as the chosen of God do not reveal the virtues that are the fruits of the Spirit. Joining the church is not a sure evidence that a man has joined himself to Christ. The new birth is a rare experience in this age of the world. This is the reason why there are so many perplexities in the churches. Many, so many, who assume the name of Christ are unsanctified and unholy. They have been baptized, but they were buried alive. Self did not die, and therefore they did not rise to newness of life in Christ."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2023, 08:11:05 PM »
]"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God."

"He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned."

"He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners.
"

Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss."

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. "

"To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! "

It is my prayer that you and I may be filled with this same type of "selfless love" for all we come in contact with on our daily journey.

==============================
Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
  Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2023, 05:48:45 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  Grace is more than a word, it is the highest form of love. Here is a revelation of that grace by which we are transformed.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2023, 09:22:39 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Let us appreciate God's protection and guidance from the angels! God will lead us as we let Him! Jesus came to become our Brother and Savior, and in stepping down to this earth, He offers us His very life! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow in and through the life completely surrendered to Christ! He empowers us to obey Him up to the light He has revealed, guiding us by His divine grace!

"Heaven and earth are no wider apart today than when shepherds listened to the angels’ song. Humanity is still as much the object of heaven's solicitude as when common men of common occupations met angels at noonday, and talked with the heavenly messengers in the vineyards and the fields. To us in the common walks of life, heaven may be very near. Angels from the courts above will attend the steps of those who come and go at God's command." {The Desire of Ages, page 48, paragraph 5}

Praise God for His love to us in every moment of our lives, and the greatest gift of all--His Son--so we can appreciate His leading and blessing for us in the path to heaven through Christ!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2023, 03:50:19 AM »
Happy Sabbath!!

Are you thankful for how far Jesus came to save us?

"The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden 'the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God.' Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life." {The Desire of Ages, page 48, paragraph 6}

By His incarnation, His perfect life, His sacrificial death, His glorious resurrection, His effectual high priestly ministry, and His promise to come again to take us home to heaven, we have an INTENSE PURPOSE to share the ONLY GOSPEL that can actually change people's lives for eternity! We cannot save ourselves, for we need Jesus to save us to the uttermost! As we realize how much He gave up to leave heaven to come to our sin-darkened earth, we can rejoice with fullness of joy in appreciating more fully the gift our Heavenly Father gave us in His Son! The Holy Spirit comes into the fully surrendered heart to reproduce Christ's character experience with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in a life of true obedience to God's holy commandments! Let's keep our eyes fixed on Jesus day by day so He can lead us in His perfect way!

Beacon

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2023, 05:13:34 AM »
"It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors.

"He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.

Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity.

"He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss."

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict."

"To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones".

"Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!
How can we dare to be so careless when God has made such grand provision for our Salvation??
========================
Alas! and did my Savior bleed?
  And did my Sov’reign die,
Would He devote that sacred head
  For such a worm as I?
Was it for sins that I had done
  He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown!
  And love beyond degree!
Well might the sun in darkness hide,
  And shut his glories in,
When the incarnate Maker died
  For man, His creature’s sin.
Thus might I hide my blushing face
  While His dear cross appears
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
  And melt mine eyes to tears.
But drops of grief can ne’er repay
  The debt of love I owe;
Here Lord, I give myself away:
  ’Tis all that I can do.

Lyrics:Isaac Watts (1674-1748)
Music:Hugh Wilson (1766-1824)

Beacon

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2024, 08:04:11 PM »
"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners."

"Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss."

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict."

"To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones."

How should "WE" show our gratitude?? Are "WE" willing to say....All To Jesus I surrender All?

====================

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Dorine

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2024, 04:45:28 AM »
"Heaven and earth are no wider apart today than when shepherds listened to the angels' song. Humanity is still as much the object of heaven's solicitude as when common men of common occupations met angels at noonday, and talked with the heavenly messengers in the vineyards and the fields. To us in the common walks of life, heaven may be very near. Angels from the courts above will attend the steps of those who come and go at God's command."

May we not be like the Jewish nation that was looking for the Saviour's appearing yet did not know Him when He came. We have promise after promise of heaven's intimate interest and care for those who walk with Him moment by moment, day by day. They will not be deceived.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2024, 06:06:58 AM »
AMEN  my dear brother and sister! Knowing God is everything. The only way we can love the Lord our God is to know Him. Every time we read the below, the more we shall love our Savior and our heavenly Father. What a risk they took!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2024, 06:39:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

When we think of the depth of the love and sacrifice God has revealed in sending His Son, it is a tragedy that at His first coming, so few even gave a care. Hearts were selfishly focused on other things of minor importance. How is it today? Jesus is about to come the second time, and there remain unreached people groups that He loves with an infinite love. Are our hearts touched by the needs of those yet to receive the light of the loveliness of Christ's character in the context of the everlasting gospel (Revelation 14:6-12)? Are we living in eager readiness to receive afresh the light of heavenly truth that God desires to impart to us as we are nearing His coming in glory? Oh, let us be daily in prayer, beholding Jesus who moves and converts the heart so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in the life of affectionate obedience to all of God's commandments! There are still hearts longing for love and truth. Let us cooperate with the Holy Spirit in going to reach them as God leads!

"With amazement the heavenly messengers beheld the indifference of that people whom God had called to communicate to the world the light of sacred truth. The Jewish nation had been preserved as a witness that Christ was to be born of the seed of Abraham and of David's line; yet they knew not that His coming was now at hand. In the temple the morning and the evening sacrifice daily pointed to the Lamb of God; yet even here was no preparation to receive Him. The priests and teachers of the nation knew not that the greatest event of the ages was about to take place. They rehearsed their meaningless prayers, and performed the rites of worship to be seen by men, but in their strife for riches and worldly honor they were not prepared for the revelation of the Messiah. The same indifference pervaded the land of Israel. Hearts selfish and world-engrossed were untouched by the joy that thrilled all heaven. Only a few were longing to behold the Unseen. To these heaven's embassy was sent." {The Desire of Ages, page 44, paragraph 1}

As we take hold by faith of unseen realities in the light of the love of God in Christ, the things of this earth start to grow dim. Yes, we still can and are to be good stewards in all our earthly relationships, choices, and responsibilities, but they cease to eclipse the sacred and eternal. Our purpose of knowing and loving God--giving Him glory--constrains us in each life experience. Our lives, like testimonies of living music to the glory of God grow sweeter and more harmonious each day. Each moment can be like heaven on earth in the soul that cherishes the presence of Christ through a constant living union and communion. Don't let anything get in the way of what Jesus has for you. It just keeps getting better and better--even in the most trying moments we face!