Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--3--"The Fullness of the Time"  (Read 17735 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--3--"The Fullness of the Time"
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2021, 05:40:11 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!

There is incredible hope for all who let Christ restore the character from sin to holiness! He can do it as we behold Him, yield to Him, and abide in Him! Then He gives us a new heart and a new mind imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Gladly we obey the law of God as our highest delight!

"Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 37, paragraph 3}

The glory of God is seen in Jesus! Keep looking to Him and let Him finish what He has started in your life for His glory--a character after His pattern to reach souls in repopulating heaven!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2021, 05:41:32 AM »
" At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited."

" When the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled. Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity."

"Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. "

None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin.

He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory.

What will be your response and mine to such an amazing offer of forgiveness and restoration? 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »
What a blessing to see unity of Spirit and doctrine!  I am reminded that the perversion of the gospel message is the all important issue in the church. As we draw near the end,  we will see the line between truth and error becomes ever so fine. There is a common teaching today that our characters will be perfected after probation closes or just before probation closes, but not today. There is so much truth in what is being taught. The latest I have had to contend with is that Jesus is our substitute today, but not when probation closes. In other words, Jesus will cover my defects of character until the end when He makes His final atonement which cleanses the 144,000 from all sin (their defects of character). It is taught in the context of the sanctuary message. Only those who have spiritual discernment will see the difference between the truth and the error.

Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory. 

He is still exulting that he has succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity, even as Jesus is ready to come. Christ can fashion anew the character of fallen man, not only in the 144,000, but in you and me today. And, it does not take the final atonement to do this. Enoch walked into heaven. You and I may have all of the fruits of the Spirit today. God wants the heart, the whole heart. Then it will be as white as the fresh fallen snow. But, this is not what all want to hear. They want to hear they are fine the way they are and God will finish the work of overcoming sin wit the 144,000. Until then we are taught that we are defective and only have the "imputed righteousness of Christ." It is His righteousness that covers our filthy righteousness. He will be your substitute in the investigative judgment because you are still filthy. But, for the 144,000 Jesus will in the final atonement impart His righteousness to the living saints.

It is so very sad to see 100% of the people buy into this false doctrine. After 35 years of watching this, you cannot understand my joy of seeing those who understand. Praise God! It may take awhile of studying and asking questions, but standing on the gospel truth, the lie will be seen for what it is through prayer and study.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2021, 06:13:48 AM »
..."Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled."

What touched me most deeply this morning was the contrast between our perfect and sinless Saviour and the depths of degradation He had to come and live in. He didn't have to do this but God's love for every soul, no matter how sinful, willingly offered Jesus to come and pay the penalty for every past, present and future sin. The most expensive gift ever offered. All He asked for in return was a heart fully surrendered to Him. Was that too much to ask? But there is more. He promises to abide in our hearts as we come to Him and gives us power to not just resist sin but to be transformed into His character. This always amazes me. May hearts be touched with this truth as we share with them the true gospel of Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2021, 06:51:58 AM »
This morning I was impressed with the following profound statement from the Bible found in the book of Galatians 4:4

"But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son."

I think it's safe to say that we all at sometimes in our life's journey find ourselves passing through experiences hard to bare and we are tempted to doubt, murmur and complain and we might even say..." Where is God? "  But this chapter from Desire of Ages should remind us once again of God's great love for all mankind and that if we put our trust in God and spend time with Him on a daily basis trusting in His Divine leading We will not be disappointed.

King David expressed it this way..

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."  Ps. 23

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »
There are so many parallels to the spiritual condition of the world on the verge of the first coming of Jesus and the second coming of Jesus. What is hopeful is that the same power of the gospel is still accessible to us to find victory to overcome sin and experience a complete renewal of the heart and mind fully to surrendered to Christ Jesus so He can manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 37, paragraph 3}

May we never grow discouraged as we reflect upon the power of God's grace to restore the character into the image of Christ's loveliness. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. The key is being in continual union and communion with Christ so His will is revealed in our lives by the Holy Spirit as we affectionately obey God from a new heart and mind!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2021, 08:40:49 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean! So my mind was encouraged by the same truth.

Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory.

This promise is not restricted to those who are sealed at the very end. No, it has happened in the past, is happening today, and will be seen more often from here to the end. The power of grace is very powerful to transform the worst sinner into a saint. Pray for a vision of His grace today!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2022, 09:00:11 PM »
"At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race."

"Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited."

"When the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled.

"Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity."

"Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. "

"None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin."

"He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory."

What will be your response and mine, to such an amazing offer of forgiveness and restoration?

"One sat alone beside the highway begging,
  His eyes were blind, the light he could not see;
He clutched his rags and shivered in the shadows,
  Then Jesus came and bade his darkness flee.
    When Jesus comes the tempter’s pow’r is broken;
  When Jesus comes the tears are wiped away.
He takes the gloom and fills the life with glory,
    For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay.
From home and friends the evil spirits drove him,
  Among the tombs he dwelt in misery;
He cut himself as demon pow’rs possessed him,
  Then Jesus came and set the captive free.
“Unclean! unclean!” the leper cried in torment,
  The deaf, the dumb, in helplessness stood near;
The fever raged, disease had gripped its victim,
  Then Jesus came and cast out every fear.
Their hearts were sad as in the tomb they laid him,
  For death had come and taken him away;
Their night was dark and bitter tears were falling,
  Then Jesus came and night was turned to day.
So men today have found the Savior able,
  They could not conquer passion, lust and sin;
Their broken hearts had left them sad and lonely,
  Then Jesus came and dwelt, Himself, within."

Lyrics:Oswald Jeffrey Smith (1889-1986)
Music:Homer Rodeheaver

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2022, 07:22:11 AM »
Amen! And then Jesus came!! Some things are worth repeating!!

With intense interest the unfallen worlds had watched to see Jehovah arise, and sweep away the inhabitants of the earth. And if God should do this, Satan was ready to carry out his plan for securing to himself the allegiance of heavenly beings. He had declared that the principles of God's government make forgiveness impossible. Had the world been destroyed, he would have claimed that his accusations were proved true. He was ready to cast blame upon God, and to spread his rebellion to the worlds above. But instead of destroying the world, God sent His Son to save it. Though corruption and defiance might be seen in every part of the alien province, a way for its recovery was provided. At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled.

By beholding this "healing grace" we are transformed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18). This is a much wonderful promise for all who will spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes where He died for our sins. By His stripes we are healed.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2022, 07:28:16 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard! Jesus can make us fully new!

Praise the Lord for what Jesus can do to transform our characters! He is able to make us like Him in mind and character and give us a new heart and a new mind so we can overcome sin by abiding in Jesus! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be in our characters as we are vitally connected to Christ!

Let us walk in Christ's healing victory today!!

Beacon

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2022, 08:46:07 PM »
"At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the message of divine grace."

"Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race."

"Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited."

"And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled."

"Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker."

"He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will."

"He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory."

As we celebrate another Sacred Sabbath Day together may our Thoughts and Prayers be ascending with Praise and Thanksgiving for the Great Love which has been given to Each One of US.

========================

Redeemed—how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.

Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
  His child, and forever, I am.
Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose way I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2022, 03:21:17 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Happy Sabbath! Jesus is coming again! Praise the Lord that God can set our will free to love and serve Him wholeheartedly! Let us look to Jesus continually with the eye of faith so we may be strengthened to reflect all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we affectionately obey God from the new heart He gives us in true conversion!

God will lead us in the path that is best for His glory to be seen in and through our lives! What a joy it is to walk by grace through faith in Jesus and point others to Him as a perfect Savior from all sin!

Dorine

« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2022, 04:09:38 AM »
"With intense interest the unfallen worlds had watched to see Jehovah arise, and sweep away the inhabitants of the earth. And if God should do this, Satan was ready to carry out his plan for securing to himself the allegiance of heavenly beings. He had declared that the principles of God's government make forgiveness impossible. Had the world been destroyed, he would have claimed that his accusations were proved true. He was ready to cast blame upon God, and to spread his rebellion to the worlds above. But instead of destroying the world, God sent His Son to save it. Though corruption and defiance might be seen in every part of the alien province, a way for its recovery was provided. At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled."
God's ways are not our ways and our ways are not God's ways. As I ponder the workings of God this morning as revealed in His word I am again amazed and grateful to God for His love and grace. As disheartening as it is to read of the wickedness that exists in this world it helps us get a glimpse of the depths of God's love for man. He actually has pity on the most degraded of humanity. Not disgust or contempt but love. Humanities problem with that is unless we know God as we should we will want vengeance and immediate justice. By beholding Jesus we see how God hates the sin but loves the sinner. Only as Jesus abides in our hearts can we be like Him. With God's love in our hearts we will treat all people with gentleness and kindness just as Jesus did and leave the vengeance to Him.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2022, 09:08:24 AM »
Amen, amen, and amen!  Such a wonderful revelation of the unity of Spirit and doctrine! We are surrounded by grace as thick as the air we breathe. It is an amazing miracle that God can reshape my character after the patter of His own character!! It is a daily battle to help Him do this. We must eat His flesh and drink His blood every single day!

And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled.

Beacon

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2022, 08:01:03 PM »
"Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race."

"Notwithstanding the perversity of men,
the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited."

"And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was...

"NEVER" to be obstructed or withdrawn, till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled."

Praise Him -- Praise Him - JESUS OUR PRECIOUS REDEEMER!! He came, lived and died so that we can have Ever Lasting Life with Him. He is waiting to see what "OUR" decision will be??

========================

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound,
  That saved a wretch; like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
  Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
  And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
  The hour I first believed!
The Lord hath promised good to me,
  His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
  As long as life endures.
When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
  Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
  Than when we first begun.

Lyrics:John Newton (1725-1807)
Music:Traditional American melody

Dorine

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2022, 06:14:33 AM »
  Through nature, through types and symbols, through patriarchs and prophets, God had spoken to the world. Lessons must be given to humanity in the language of humanity. The Messenger of the covenant must speak. His voice must be heard in His own temple. Christ must come to utter words which should be clearly and definitely understood. He, the author of truth, must separate truth from the chaff of man's utterance, which had made it of no effect. The principles of God's government and the plan of redemption must be clearly defined. The lessons of the Old Testament must be fully set before men.

And He did exactly that but so few accepted or believed His message. We see the same situation today. We have God's word and the SOP that speaks to us clearly of His Mission. We will be held far more responsible for the knowledge and truths that we have available to us.  Do we appreciate it? Do we treasure it? Do our hearts thrill at the revelation of who Jesus is and the grace that is so freely given to each one of us? Are we sharing it with family, friends and neighbour's? Let us praise God from whom all blessings flow for Jesus has made a way for each soul ever born to have the peace and joy He brings to every surrendered heart and the promise of a future home in heaven.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2022, 09:38:32 PM »
Amen dear brother and sister! My heart thrills as I hear the gospel message being posted over and over. Jesus did come and present the plan of redemption that all might understand, yet like Israel of old, many are just as blind to the very foundation of our faith. But, this is God's church and the light is shining brightly upon her. There will be revival and reformation. I see many seeking to understand that which because of false watchmen teaching another gospel are very confused. But, the Holy Spirit is revealing our great need of Jesus in order to do any good thing, and the grace that surrounds us as thick as the air we breathe. Many are awaking from a long sleep and will join with us in reflecting the righteousness of Christ to a world soon to perish. Jesus is coming!!

Yes, characters have been ruined, but Christ not only can, but will fashion anew these ruined characters to reflect His glory to all who will love the Lord our God with the whole heart. We can make it, if we will learn of Him and cling to Him who gave all that we might live.

Beacon

« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2022, 08:51:33 PM »

"He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will."

He came to lift us up from the dust.

He came to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory.

YES, He came to set us free but...."WE" MUST OPEN THE DOOR OUR HEARTS, FOR HE ENTERS ONLY BY INVITATION.

===============================

To God be the glory, great things He hath done,
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life our redemption to win,
And opened the life-gate that all may go in.
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
  Let the earth hear His voice;
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
  Let the people rejoice;
Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
  And give Him the glory; great things He hath done.
Oh, perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport when Jesus we see.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Dorine

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2022, 07:35:21 AM »
"Sin had become a science, and vice was consecrated as a part of religion. Rebellion had struck its roots deep into the heart, and the hostility of man was most violent against heaven. It was demonstrated before the universe that, apart from God, humanity could not be uplifted. A new element of life and power must be imparted by Him who made the world.....

.....Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory."

We have no power within ourselves to resist Satan. He plays havoc and appears to win because humanity is persuaded and pulled in by his enticements. But no one need be deceived or taken captive because God has made a way of escape for each one in His dear Son.  I want to remain in the atmosphere of heaven at all times so that my eyes will not focus on anything earthly but on Jesus. We fall because we allow the lusts of our carnal natures cry out for attention. Jesus waits for our plea for help with outstretched hands to pluck us from the devils grasp. Thank you Jesus for the numberless times you have rescued me.

Philip T

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2022, 08:50:53 AM »
  With intense interest the unfallen worlds had watched to see Jehovah arise, and sweep away the inhabitants of the earth. And if God should do this, Satan was ready to carry out his plan for securing to himself the allegiance of heavenly beings. He had declared that the principles of God's government make forgiveness impossible. Had the world been destroyed, he would have claimed that his accusations were proved true. He was ready to cast blame upon God, and to spread his rebellion to the worlds above. But instead of destroying the world, God sent His Son to save it. Though corruption and defiance might be seen in every part of the alien province, a way for its recovery was provided. At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled.

We see Jesus came at the appointed time of the Father. The unfallen worlds were watching intently the inhabitants of the world, wondering what God would do, instead of destroying this world, we see His love and mercy for it. It was the fullness of time, and He sent His only begotten son to fulfill the plan of salvation. At the moment Satan seemed to be on the verge of winning, Jesus was sent to this world to redeem it. God loves us, victory only comes through Jesus, when we win when we surrender to Him completely.  So, it will be at the end of time, just before Jesus' 2nd advent, it will seem Satan is about to win again, but He will again be defeated by Jesus, this time once and for all.