Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--3--"The Fullness of the Time"  (Read 17831 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--3--"The Fullness of the Time"
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2018, 03:00:17 AM »
The plot thickens. The unfallen worlds are again watching to see what will happen at this time in earth's history. There are so many parallels to the time when Jesus was born to when He is about to return. Jesus came to reshape the marred, sinful characters of men. Will evil triumph? Will God take the weakest of the weak and use them as His adopted sons to reveal, as did Christ, His true glory? He will--and He so desires to use you and me to be one of His adopted children, to reveal the ineffaceable characteristics of the divine nature--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we gladly follow in the humble path of willing obedience to every known principle from God's holy law. The greatest miracle is the miracle of redeeming, healing grace in its work to make us like Christ in mind and character! The fruition of God's glory in sending His Son to this dark world culminates in His final work to seal a people who will stand faultless before His throne through the time of Jacob's trouble without a mediator, for Christ's grace will have done its work. I thank God for His healing grace at work in my life!

"With intense interest the unfallen worlds had watched to see Jehovah arise, and sweep away the inhabitants of the earth. And if God should do this, Satan was ready to carry out his plan for securing to himself the allegiance of heavenly beings. He had declared that the principles of God's government make forgiveness impossible. Had the world been destroyed, he would have claimed that his accusations were proved true. He was ready to cast blame upon God, and to spread his rebellion to the worlds above. But instead of destroying the world, God sent His Son to save it. Though corruption and defiance might be seen in every part of the alien province, a way for its recovery was provided. At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled." {The Desire of Ages, page 37, paragraph 1} 
     "Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 37, paragraph 2} 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2018, 06:18:10 AM »
God's timing is perfect. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1). And when God's timing is appreciated, because we realize His purposes and experience His character, we can know how true this promise is: "He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end" (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Waiting on God is a beautiful thing when we know the love Christ has for us! "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him" (Psalm 62:5). Learning to wait on God's timing, and learning to see how God waited for the perfect time for Jesus to be born in our world when the gift would mean the most and fulfill the prophecies of His word can give us immense encouragement to surrender our lives fully to God so His timing is all we desire, and we come to more fully reflect Jesus every day! 

"But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God's purposes know no haste and no delay. Through the symbols of the great darkness and the smoking furnace, God had revealed to Abraham the bondage of Israel in Egypt, and had declared that the time of their sojourning should be four hundred years. 'Afterward,' He said, 'shall they come out with great substance.' Genesis 15:14. Against that word, all the power of Pharaoh's proud empire battled in vain. On 'the self-same day' appointed in the divine promise, 'it came to pass, that all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.' Exodus 12:41. So in heaven's council the hour for the coming of Christ had been determined. When the great clock of time pointed to that hour, Jesus was born in Bethlehem." {The Desire of Ages, page 32, paragraph 1}

"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2018, 07:10:47 AM »
"For hundreds of years the Scriptures had been translated into the Greek language, then widely spoken throughout the Roman Empire. The Jews were scattered everywhere, and their expectation of the Messiah's coming was to some extent shared by the Gentiles. Among those whom the Jews styled heathen were men who had a better understanding of the Scripture prophecies concerning the Messiah than had the teachers in Israel. There were some who hoped for His coming as a deliverer from sin. Philosophers endeavored to study into the mystery of the Hebrew economy. But the bigotry of the Jews hindered the spread of the light. Intent on maintaining the separation between themselves and other nations, they were unwilling to impart the knowledge they still possessed concerning the symbolic service. The true Interpreter must come. The One whom all these types prefigured must explain their significance."

This is both thrilling and sad at the same time. God will not let Satan accomplish his plan without a fight. And what a battle it is.  You and I are the actors as the universe looks on. When it's all over there won't be one doubt in anyone's mind that God is a God of love and truth and it will be clearly seen who Satan really is. A deceiver, liar and everything false and sin will be forever ended never to raise it's ugly head again.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »
Learning to wait on God's timing, and learning to see how God waited for the perfect time for Jesus to be born in our world when the gift would mean the most and fulfill the prophecies of His word can give us immense encouragement....

Amen, Pastor Sean!  What an important concept.  In my life, I wondered why God waited so long to convert me. It is because God can see the end from the beginning. He knew me better than I knew myself, as He still does. He knew when it would most successful for me and for His cause to wait until He did. So it is with all who we work with. We are to patiently wait upon the Lord to see the fruit of conversion in others. Some plant and it may be that others will harvest. Or, we may participate in the harvest where others had done the initial planting.

Knowing the character of our God is so very important. The tools being used to spread that knowledge are important to understand. The Word, nature, the Holy Spirit, and very important is the character of God as revealed in converted Christians. We live in the time of the end where the witness of the church is the great accomplishment of God's grace. To us is given the joy of preparing a people that will demonstrate that God is indeed love and truth.

Through heathenism, Satan had for ages turned men away from God; but he won his great triumph in perverting the faith of Israel.

Satan had won a battle in deceiving Israel, but while many think that he has done the same with God's church today, they are wrong. The Laodicean Church has been deceived, but it will not end as did Israel. No, the church will see revival and reformation. It is prophesied in Scripture. From the prophet Ezekiel we read:

36:22   "Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not [this] for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. 
 36:23   And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 
 36:24   For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 
 36:25   Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 
 36:26   A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 
 36:27   And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. 

Yes, as a people we are filthy and worshiping idols. But, that is only evidence that God knew where the last church would be shortly before the second coming. He is now pouring out clean water upon His church. Open your hearts and receive the "living water" that cleanses the soul. God's grace is powerful enough to not only cleanse an Enoch, but a church. Then the demonstration will be complete and Satan's great lies revealed to the watching universe. As Sister Dorine has pointed out, it is necessary so that God's promise of establishing a universe where sin will never arise again will be fulfilled. What a promise!! And how amazing that Jesus is asking us, the weakest of the weak living the end of time, to play a part in this great drama! Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth! Herein is love unimagined!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2019, 02:24:19 AM »
So it is now. Just before Jesus came the first time, things were very dark morally in the world. And as the darkness of sin and misapprehension of God's character again overspreads our world, God is actively working to bring about revival and reformation by having His people deeply become imbued with His character, to reveal the last warning message of hope and mercy to a world soon to perish (see Revelation 14:6-12). As we ourselves become vitally connected to Christ by a full-heart surrender to Him, the light of His divine nature will be revealed in its full spectrum, like light containing every hue: "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance" (Galatians 5:22-23). This light will dispel the darkness and invite others to a full surrender wherein is deliverance from the power of sin by becoming partakers of "the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4).

"Sin had become a science, and vice was consecrated as a part of religion. Rebellion had struck its roots deep into the heart, and the hostility of man was most violent against heaven. It was demonstrated before the universe that, apart from God, humanity could not be uplifted. A new element of life and power must be imparted by Him who made the world." {The Desire of Ages, page 37, paragraph 1}

When Jesus has the whole heart, He makes it new and implants selflessness which is impossible for a fallen being to produce. Only He who is divine can change the heart and mind and make it the abiding place for the Holy Spirit. As we experience the reality of the gospel's transforming power of grace that makes fallen sinful beings like us into redeemed, repentant saints, we can rejoice that God loves us so much that He not only sent His Son into the world, but that as we are converted and daily abide in Him, He sends us forth to reveal His character to prepare for Jesus' VERY SOON second coming!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2019, 07:39:44 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean.  There is a word being used that we need to better understand.  The righteousness of Christ is a phrase being used frequently. But, often it is twisted to support Satan's charge against God. What was his charge?  What has it to do with the word "impart"?    A new element of life and power must be imparted by Him who made the world." Impart means to give, not to stand in place of. Impute means to stand in place of. Christ not only imputes His righteousness to repent man, He also imparts it. What was the charge of Satan?

With intense interest the unfallen worlds had watched to see Jehovah arise, and sweep away the inhabitants of the earth. And if God should do this, Satan was ready to carry out his plan for securing to himself the allegiance of heavenly beings. He had declared that the principles of God's government make forgiveness impossible. Had the world been destroyed, he would have claimed that his accusations were proved true. He was ready to cast blame upon God, and to spread his rebellion to the worlds above. But instead of destroying the world, God sent His Son to save it. Though corruption and defiance might be seen in every part of the alien province, a way for its recovery was provided. At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled.
     Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory. 

It the power of grace to "impart" the righteousness of Christ to repentant sinners, to "reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character." This is also seen in the Words of Peter found in 2 Peter 1:4. "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." All who have made a full surrender of the whole heart will receive the Holy Spirit and each one of the fruits of His Spirit at that moment. Not one will be missing. It is the motive of the heart that is perfect. Abiding in Christ and Christ abiding in us is the result of loving Jesus more than anything else. And this only can  be when we know of His unfathomable love for us while we were yet sinners.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2019, 08:19:50 AM »
"When the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, . . . to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons." Galatians 4:4, 5.

I find it so comforting to know that God has a "Master Plan" and because nothing takes God by surprise His timing is always dependable and  perfect.

"When the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son." Providence had directed the movements of nations, and the tide of human impulse and influence, until the world was ripe for the coming of the Deliverer. The nations were united under one government. One language was widely spoken, and was everywhere recognized as the language of literature. From all lands the Jews of the dispersion gathered to Jerusalem to the annual feasts. As these returned to the places of their sojourn, they could spread throughout the world the tidings of the Messiah's coming."

Often in our humanity, we wonder sometimes why things happen when they do, but we must rest upon the promise that " All things work together for good to those who love the Lord. " (Romans 8:28)   and be willing to praise the Lord at all times even in the darkest hours of our earthly journey.
[/b]

Look up and listen for the shout.

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2019, 04:01:51 AM »
"The message of salvation is communicated to men through human agencies. But the Jews had sought to make a monopoly of the truth which is eternal life. They had hoarded the living manna, and it had turned to corruption. The religion which they tried to shut up to themselves became an offense. They robbed God of His glory, and defrauded the world by a counterfeit of the gospel. They had refused to surrender themselves to God for the salvation of the world, and they became agents of Satan for its destruction."

What a sad commentary about a people that had been so blessed with great opportunity both Spiritually and Physically. Is there a message  here for us today who belong to God's Remnant Church ?? Jesus said in Matthew 6:24  "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

"From the Book Mount of Blessings Pg. 101 we read this counsel which I feel is very relevant...." If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved. " {MB 101.3}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2019, 09:49:46 AM »
The world today is in a very similar condition to when Jesus first came. But it is getting even worse, and the only answer to the debased image of God in man is the power of the gospel of His grace to renew sinners--no matter how sunken in sin--if they would but behold the loveliness of Jesus and yield the whole heart to Him, so that they may become partakers of the divine nature! This divine nature offered us in the promises of Scripture brings to the repenting soul love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, goodness, faith and temperance--all of the fruits of the Spirit--so that not one is missing. Jesus is the only one who can renew us from the inside out. Let us experience this miracle ourselves and then invite others to behold the miracle-working Savior who died for us on Calvary and expressed a love that is incomprehensible!

"Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 37, paragraph 3}

Let us allow Jesus to be the beautiful character Artist that He is and work in our characters to reveal His grace in new and beautiful ways. I heard a message on Sabbath about how to walk by faith means to keep stepping out of what we have done before and to let God give us the strength and faith to have an experience based on His word. To really believe that God loves us and means to do us good, we shall cease to worry about the future, trusting God like a little child, and knowing that He who sees the end from the beginning will work all things together for His glory and our eternal and even present good!   

Dorine

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2019, 10:37:08 AM »
"Through heathenism, Satan had for ages turned men away from God; but he won his great triumph in perverting the faith of Israel. By contemplating and worshiping their own conceptions, the heathen had lost a knowledge of God, and had become more and more corrupt. So it was with Israel. The principle that man can save himself by his own works lay at the foundation of every heathen religion; it had now become the principle of the Jewish religion. Satan had implanted this principle. Wherever it is held, men have no barrier against sin." 

The great controversy rages on. As I read these sentences it's as if today is being described. There's nothing new under the sun and we see so many of God's professed people falling under the deceptions that Satan is proclaiming as truth. There's always a different slant to keep it deceivingly new. Our only safety is in God's word. That is the only place we will find the answer to sin and the only place we will find the path to eternal life.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2019, 12:54:59 PM »
Amen, amen, and amen! If only our people would see such truth!  Many will come from the East and from the West seeking truth that those to whom it was given heed it not. God has spoken to the world through one who came in the power and Spirit of Elijah. The light we behold every day we must not take for granted. A knowledge of God has been preserved and given in a language we can understand. God is breathing out His Spirit upon all who are seeking truth. God's kingdom is being formed and will succeed over all the empires of this world.

By Satan's falsehoods, he has deceived not only the world, but much of professing Christianity. But God has His agencies today as He always has. While despised and hated, His children will reveal the character of God. At the same time Satan has brought "decoys" into God's church. They misrepresent the character of our God, thus deceiving if possible the very elect. But, it is not possible to deceive them, for they are looking unto Christ for their wisdom and power. They understand the mission of Christ and the mission to which they have been called.

The world today is in a very similar condition to when Jesus first came. But it is getting even worse, and the only answer to the debased image of God in man is the power of the gospel of His grace to renew sinners--no matter how sunken in sin--if they would but behold the loveliness of Jesus and yield the whole heart to Him, so that they may become partakers of the divine nature!....

"Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 37, paragraph 3}

From Ministry of Healing we find this also:

Our Lord Jesus Christ came to this world as the unwearied servant of man’s necessity. He “took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses,” that He might minister to every need of humanity. Matthew 8:17. The burden of disease and wretchedness and sin He came to remove. It was His mission to bring to men complete restoration; He came to give them health and peace and perfection of character. pg 17.

Amen! And it is our mission to allow Christ to transform us that by our conversion we will manifest perfection of moral character. We may eat the wrong food, wear the wrong clothes, keep the wrong day, because we do not understand, but our motives will be pure and holy. This is the reward due Christ for all He has suffered.

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2019, 05:57:10 PM »
Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled...Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory.

As we once again approach the time that the world celebrates Christmas Season I would like to invite you to contemplate what it must have been like for Jesus as He and our Father God knew that the " Fullness of Time had Come." What must have that conversation been like?? Jesus knew that He would forever retain His Human Form and that some aspects of His current Divinity would be limited forever. Yet His Love for You and I was soo great that He choose to accept the price -- what ever it would cost Him -- So that we could have the opportunity of Divine Forgiveness even if it took Him to the cross with all its horrible Mental, Psychical, and Spiritual torture. Let there be No Doubt - We are Loved with a Divine/human Love.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2019, 02:00:39 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

The way God loves us, the evidence presented in Him sending Jesus, should assure us of His relentless commitment to save us to the uttermost and remake us into the image of Christ. As we look away from the world, the flesh and the devil and turn our eyes upon Jesus, we see that God values us with a love that is incomprehensible. Let us, by beholding His love, become completely changed into the image of His purity, for it is moral worth that God values: love and purity are the attributes He prizes most, and He longs for us to desire what He desires to give us.

Our great need is the only thing that commends us to God. Since only Christ can reshape our marred characters, let us learn of Him today in humility, be still and know that He is God, and reveal His loveliness as we have come to experience it! As we contemplate the grace of God, yielding the whole heart to Jesus for Him to purify, He imbues us with His divine attributes: all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Then duty becomes a delight and sacrifice a pleasure as we gladly obey all of the law of God as it has been revealed to our conscience. Let us look and live today!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2019, 10:28:16 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean! We can do no good thing unless we are fully surrendered to God. As Jesus said, we must be born again of the Spirit. We are evil by nature and need to become partakers of God's nature. Then we can be faithful witnesses of the power of grace to transform sinners into saints. Without the power of God, it is impossible for us to resist the smallest temptation to sin.

Sin had become a science, and vice was consecrated as a part of religion. Rebellion had struck its roots deep into the heart, and the hostility of man was most violent against heaven. It was demonstrated before the universe that, apart from God, humanity could not be uplifted. A new element of life and power must be imparted by Him who made the world. 

Jesus came to this dark spot in the universe to reveal this power. He came a helpless baby subject the weakness of humanity to fight the battle of life as we must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss! What a God we serve!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2020, 04:21:32 AM »
God has a perfect timing for everything. We need not fear for the future as we look into the prophetic past and see the faithfulness with which God has performed His infinite purposes. It gives us courage to see what He will do in the future in fulfillment of all the prophecies still unfolding! He has a purpose to fulfill in each of our lives, and if we are willing, it will bring us the greatest happiness to do what He invites us to do. Let us by faith walk with Jesus and learn of Him who first loved us, knowing that as we cooperate with His divine grace, we may help hasten His soon return!!

"But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God's purposes know no haste and no delay. Through the symbols of the great darkness and the smoking furnace, God had revealed to Abraham the bondage of Israel in Egypt, and had declared that the time of their sojourning should be four hundred years. 'Afterward,' He said, 'shall they come out with great substance.' Genesis 15:14. Against that word, all the power of Pharaoh's proud empire battled in vain. On 'the self-same day' appointed in the divine promise, 'it came to pass, that all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.' Exodus 12:41. So in heaven's council the hour for the coming of Christ had been determined. When the great clock of time pointed to that hour, Jesus was born in Bethlehem." {The Desire of Ages, page 32, paragraph 1}

As I begin a journey by faith today to cover many hundreds of miles through five states, I am thankful that God directs our movements so we can be a blessing to others! God is so good!!!

Dorine

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »
Satan was exulting that he had succeeded in debasing the image of God in humanity. Then Jesus came to restore in man the image of his Maker. None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory.

I love the paragraph that closes this chapter. And thank you Pastor Sean for your thoughts on this chapter. We truly have nothing to fear for today or the future. Fear is a weapon of Satan to immobilize us under his control. Fear is a sign that we have taken our eyes off Jesus. Jesus wants to set us free from Satan's control and fashion us into his likeness. He wants to bring joy and peace into our lives even in the midst of turmoil and unrest that may surround us. As we see the changes that are taking place in the world and in the church I am so blessed and comforted to have the bible as my anchor in truth and these words of inspiration to chart our course towards our heavenly home. I give my heart to Him anew to be putty in His hands.

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2020, 03:56:39 PM »
"Instead of destroying the world, God sent His Son to save it. Though corruption and defiance might be seen in every part of the alien province, a way for its recovery was provided. At the very crisis, when Satan seemed about to triumph, the Son of God came with the embassage of divine grace. Through every age, through every hour, the love of God had been exercised toward the fallen race. Notwithstanding the perversity of men, the signals of mercy had been continually exhibited. And when the fullness of the time had come, the Deity was glorified by pouring upon the world a flood of healing grace that was never to be obstructed or withdrawn till the plan of salvation should be fulfilled."

In John 3:16 We read these Great, Powerful Divine Words of Promise.."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

GOD SAID IT....AND I BELIEVE IT ----HOW ABOUT YOU??

Revelation 3:20 Says..." Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

IMAGINE THIS!!  - JESUS IS INVITING EACH ONE OF US - TO SHARE ETERNITY WITH HIM ---IN A PLACE WHERE THERE WILL BE NO MORE SORROW OR SUFFERING - NO MORE PAIN OR DEATH -- AND IT'S FOR ALL ETERNITY!!   OH HOW I PRAY THAT WE ALL WILL SAY " YES"

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2020, 05:30:50 AM »
"At this time the systems of heathenism were losing their hold upon the people. Men were weary of pageant and fable. They longed for a religion that could satisfy the heart. While the light of truth seemed to have departed from among men, there were souls who were looking for light, and who were filled with perplexity and sorrow. They were thirsting for a knowledge of the living God, for some assurance of a life beyond the grave."

The same exists today. Lost souls are filled with fear and confusion, searching for something that will bring peace to their hearts. God uses us to reach out to them. We may not know who they are but God will lead us to them when we ask Him to.

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2020, 06:49:18 AM »
"On 'the self-same day' appointed in the divine promise, 'it came to pass, that all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.' Exodus 12:41. So in heaven's council the hour for the coming of Christ had been determined. When the great clock of time pointed to that hour, Jesus was born in Bethlehem."

Isn't it totally reassuring that God has a "MASTER PLAN"  for the saving of planet Earth!! He knows the end from the beginning - nothing takes Him by surprise and also because He is a God of Love & Compassion He is executing His plan to save all those who are willing to accept the gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ who came in the "Fullness of Time". So because of what has been...we know that we can trust Him to lead and guide us safely to Heaven, to the New Earth & there will be no more pain, sickness, sorrow or death!! Praise the Lord.

Jeremiah 29:11 says " For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. "

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2020, 08:22:48 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Praise the Lord for how through receiving His promises, we can have an ongoing experience with Eden--the bliss of abiding in Christ by a complete surrender to Him when we surrender our whole heart to Christ! From Eden lost to Eden restored, there is an ever-loving Savior who by His word will keep us from falling if we will but put our hand in His in simple confidence and let Him lead us!

The Saviour's coming was foretold in Eden. When Adam and Eve first heard the promise, they looked for its speedy fulfillment. They joyfully welcomed their first-born son, hoping that he might be the Deliverer. But the fulfillment of the promise tarried. Those who first received it died without the sight. From the days of Enoch the promise was repeated through patriarchs and prophets, keeping alive the hope of His appearing, and yet He came not. The prophecy of Daniel revealed the time of His advent, but not all rightly interpreted the message. Century after century passed away; the voices of the prophets ceased. The hand of the oppressor was heavy upon Israel, and many were ready to exclaim, "The days are prolonged, and every vision faileth." Ezekiel 12:22. 

We look forward to the coming of Jesus, but we can realize He is patiently waiting for His character to be revealed in us as we learn to behold Him and abide in Him! The fruit of such an abiding experience is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance--not one of these traits of the divine nature will be missing as we receive His exceeding great and precious promises (2 Peter 1:4)!