Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--5--The Dedication  (Read 16481 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: The Desire of Ages--5--The Dedication
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2019, 08:34:50 AM »
Amen Beacon! thank you for sharing this morning.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
Amen, amen, amen!! Such love! Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!!

Why does this God of love allow bad things to happen to "good" people? It is a mystery to many. It is offered as an excuse to not study Scripture, to turn away from the Creator God. It is not a mystery to those who love and serve God. He will reveal the answer to all who come to Jesus and seek an answer. In today's reading we find the foundation of the issue.

At the cross of Calvary, love and selfishness stood face to face. Here was their crowning manifestation. Christ had lived only to comfort and bless, and in putting Him to death, Satan manifested the malignity of his hatred against God. He made it evident that the real purpose of his rebellion was to dethrone God, and to destroy Him through whom the love of God was shown.

The only way to keep the universe safe from future sin was to reveal His great love and to reveal the results of sin and rebellion. By allowing Satan to live, God then revealed His great love and allowed Satan to reveal who he really was and that sin ends with such violence as seen at the cross. The revelation of this controversy need be in order to secure the safety of the universe. Unfallen worlds and angels did not fully understand the issue until the cross. Now they see clearly the results of sin and the unfathomable love of God. Have we seen, have we hated sin? Satan continues that we might fully understand also. Do we know our Lord as it is our privilege to know Him? If so, sin will be hateful to us also.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2019, 08:23:51 AM »
There is freedom in the universe--and that freedom is only sustainable when we use it in harmony with the law that governs the universe--the law of love. That law was broken in heaven when Lucifer sinned, and that law has been broken in our world and has brought woe, suffering and death. As we look to Christ, we see how it is possible by divine grace to be made partakers of His divine nature and to be able to have power to live in harmony with the law of love--the Ten Commandments--and reveal all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as long as we yield unreservedly to Christ and His will!

"By the life and the death of Christ, the thoughts of men also are brought to view. From the manger to the cross, the life of Jesus was a call to self-surrender, and to fellowship in suffering. It unveiled the purposes of men. Jesus came with the truth of heaven, and all who were listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit were drawn to Him. The worshipers of self belonged to Satan's kingdom. In their attitude toward Christ, all would show on which side they stood. And thus everyone passes judgment on himself." {The Desire of Ages, page 57, paragraph 3}

Let us choose to keep our eyes on Jesus so that His character may be wrought out in us--a character of true freedom in love, rather than bondage and death in selfishness! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2019, 08:58:35 AM »
Throughout His lifetime Jesus lived in conformity to nature's laws. Physically as well as spiritually, He was an example of what God designed all humanity to be through obedience to His laws... No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these gifts are for man to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me.[/u] [/color][/b]

So the call today from our heavenly Father and from Jesus is the same as it has been from the beginning " Chose ye this day whom ye will serve. "  We are Free Moral Agents. God does not force anyone to serve Him...but He has the yearning heart of a father and has done all that can be done to make provision to save us from eternal destruction.  WHAT WILL OUR RESPONSE BE??

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2019, 10:11:59 PM »
Amen!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2019, 06:14:52 PM »
"The gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed."[/b][/u]

When we pause to reflect on what God has provided for us and at such great sacrifice how can we resist His invitation... "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 --What Wondrous Love is This!! God has done "ALL" that can be done to demonstrate how much we are loved....How will YOU & I respond??

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2019, 03:14:07 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! I gladly respond with the whole heart to Christ this Sabbath morning, so He can come and live in my heart and imbue me with His character! There is no greater happiness than loving Jesus, who first loved us!! Will you join me in this experience of complete surrender to Jesus because you see how much He loves you?

"'That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.' In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are 'thoughts of peace, and not of evil.' Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me." {The Desire of Ages, page 57, paragraph 1}

God is so good to us!! Let us unlearn the ways of selfishness, fear and unbelief by beholding the loveliness of Jesus, and letting Him live out His life in us!! When we know Him as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience manifesting more fully each day all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!! May this Sabbath bring you even closer to Jesus as you commune with Him! He loves you with a love that is infinite!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2019, 06:40:54 AM »
     "That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed." In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death.

What a beautiful thought to take with us throughout this day. The weakness of humanity is shameful when you compare the heart of Satan to the heart of God. But our weaknesses are made into strengths through abiding in Christ. Satan is a conquered foe. Christ is our Saviour and Redeemer. He is transforming our lives day by day as we surrender to His will. Although we should understand the intentions of the enemy, that should not be our focus. By beholding Christ we are drawn into a closer relationship with Him and the thoughts of wounding Him by disobedience crushes our hearts and keeps us focused on Him.

I don't know if I found this poem on TRO but this one deeply touched my heart.

Shall I Crucify Him?

Shall I crucify my Savior, When for me He bore such loss?
Shall I put to shame my Savior, Can I nail Him to the cross?

Are temptations so alluring, Do earth's pleasures so enthrall,
That I cannot love my Savior well enough to leave them all?

'Twas my sins that crucified Him; Shall they crucify Him yet?
Blackest day of nameless anguish, And my thankless soul forget?

O, the kindly hands of Jesus, Pouring blessings on all men!
Bleeding, nail scarred hands of Jesus, Can I nail them once again?

Shall I crucify my Savior, Crucify my Lord again?
Once, O once, I crucified Him, Shall I crucify again?

(Mrs. Frank A Breck)
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2020, 06:12:00 AM »
Jesus makes me happy--very happy. And when I spend time with Him, I get even happier. I am realizing that in these last days when many people are discouraged, depressed, or troubled in heart, that one of the greatest evangelism tools we have is HAPPINESS!! In other words, if you are SO HAPPY even if ALL YOU HAVE is Jesus, that speaks to other people's hearts who are trying to use other things to make them happy, which never truly satisfy. Because I have Jesus in my heart and He fills me with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as I happily and gladly obey His law of love, He moves me to share that happiness with others by being with them. May this be our experience is my prayer.

"'That the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.' In the light of the Saviour's life, the hearts of all, even from the Creator to the prince of darkness, are revealed. Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are 'thoughts of peace, and not of evil.' Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death. Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me." {The Desire of Ages, page 57, paragraph 1}

Since our greatest happiness is found in loving Jesus, it follows that ANYTHING Jesus wants to give us as a gift from Him will make us EVEN HAPPIER! When I accepted the call from Jesus on my life to be a pastor on October 25, 2007, it made me so much happier to know my purpose in life and to have a direction to share the happiness of Jesus that I had found. Now that I have been a pastor since June 1, 2015, I can testify that being a pastor makes me even happier than accepting the call, and so this ongoing increase of happiness in Jesus and all He has for us is to continue through ALL ETERNITY!! As you have a unique calling and purpose from Jesus that only He can fulfill in and through you as your surrender completely to Him, and as you let Him write His story in your life and lead you as the Good Shepherd, you will be the happiest!!

Dorine

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. My thoughts were along the same lines as yours this morning. We should be the happiest of all people because of Jesus but so many do not know Him as described in these words you posted. It reminds me of the following quote several paragraphs before.

.....Events upon which the attention of all heaven is centered are undiscerned, their very occurrence is unnoticed, by religious leaders, and worshipers in the house of God. Men acknowledge Christ in history, while they turn away from the living Christ. Christ in His word calling to self-sacrifice, in the poor and suffering who plead for relief, in the righteous cause that involves poverty and toil and reproach, is no more readily received today than He was eighteen hundred years ago.

When we follow in the footsteps of Jesus, spending quality time with Him each day, He will reveal all the fruits of the spirit in us which will bring happiness, harmony and peace to our lives and to the lives of others.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2020, 06:50:39 PM »
"Jesus was an example of what God designed all humanity to be through obedience to His laws No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, God the Father gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these gifts are for man to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me."

So the call today from our heavenly Father and from Jesus is the same as it has been from the beginning " Chose ye this day whom ye will serve. "  We are Free Moral Agents. God does not force anyone to serve Him...but He has the yearning heart of a father and has done all that can be done to make provision to save us from eternal destruction.

WHAT WILL OUR RESPONSE BE??

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2020, 07:14:50 AM »
In the day of final judgment, every lost soul will understand the nature of his own rejection of truth. The cross will be presented, and its real bearing will be seen by every mind that has been blinded by transgression. Before the vision of Calvary with its mysterious Victim, sinners will stand condemned. Every lying excuse will be swept away. Human apostasy will appear in its heinous character. Men will see what their choice has been. Every question of truth and error in the long-standing controversy will then have been made plain. In the judgment of the universe, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. It will be demonstrated that the divine decrees are not accessory to sin. There was no defect in God's government, no cause for disaffection. When the thoughts of all hearts shall be revealed, both the loyal and the rebellious will unite in declaring, "Just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints. Who shall not fear Thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy name? . . . for Thy judgments are made manifest." Revelation 15:3, 4. 

God is love, and God is just. Bad things happen to good people all the time. But, God stands innocent. He knows how to set the universe on a safe foundation so that sin will never enter ever again! He allows evil to exist, but it is only for our good and the good of all who will love Him and keep His commandments.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2020, 11:17:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard!! What a blessing that we can realize in our own experience how "all things work together for good to them that love God" (Romans 8:28). We can see in the rapidly changing landscape of our world the truth that Jesus is coming!! I used to say Jesus is coming soon, but a more accurate truth is that JESUS IS COMING!! We can lift up our heads and rejoice that His word is coming to fulfillment and that we will see Him coming!! Simeon and Anna, the two people in the temple who were ready to receive Jesus at His first advent, are a powerful witness of what God would have us to be: so filled wit all of the fruits of the Spirit whereby not one is missing and so in tune with the indications of providence that we are ready to receive every fresh revelation of God's prophetic truth leading up to the blessed hope, the second coming of Jesus!!!

"So it is still. Events upon which the attention of all heaven is centered are undiscerned, their very occurrence is unnoticed, by religious leaders, and worshipers in the house of God. Men acknowledge Christ in history, while they turn away from the living Christ. Christ in His word calling to self-sacrifice, in the poor and suffering who plead for relief, in the righteous cause that involves poverty and toil and reproach, is no more readily received today than He was eighteen hundred years ago." {The Desire of Ages, page 56, paragraph 1}

We may look at the world thinking things will just "get back to normal" after Covid-19 (which has not gone away yet), but we know that is not the case. The final events are rapid, the coming of Jesus is sure, and the seven last plagues will fall before Christ comes. This is a solemn reality. Read Revelation 16. The current world situation is just the tip of the prophetic iceberg as to what is ahead. We need not fear, though, for we were created to live with God in His presence, and it is as we live in total union and communion with Him by a living faith surrender that sin not only becomes hateful to us, but we gladly give the final gospel message that uplifts Christ in His loveliness in a way that hearts can truly respond to Him and be converted! What a precious privilege we have each day to point others to the only lasting hope in our world: Jesus Christ!!! Let us not be planning for a long time to be on this earth, but align our whole purpose on the coming of Christ!! Jesus is coming!!!!!!!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2020, 04:37:15 PM »

"By the life and the death of Christ, the thoughts of men also are brought to view. From the manger to the cross, the life of Jesus was a call to self-surrender, and to fellowship in suffering. It unveiled the purposes of men. Jesus came with the truth of heaven, and all who were listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit were drawn to Him. The worshipers of self belonged to Satan's kingdom. In their attitude toward Christ, all would show on which side they stood. And thus everyone passes judgment on himself."

I'm so glad to be part of the family of God. We are so blessed and so privileged. Hubby and I were discussing in worship tonight the wonderful truths we have taken for granted through out our life time. We have said all the right things and believe them but if they are not embedded in our hearts and minds it is not a saving relationship we have with Jesus. I want to be listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit, trusting and obeying His commands. There's a lost world out there that needs Jesus. We are His hands, His feet, His mouth, His eyes to search for them and bring them to Him. There is truly much joy in serving Jesus.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2020, 04:39:42 PM »
"...The gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are 'thoughts of peace, and not of evil.' Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death.

John 3:16 says. 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

"Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save."
[

What greater invitation of Redeeming Love, could undeserving mankind every receive??
Are you willing to say " THANK YOU JESUS "??

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2020, 04:13:04 AM »
God knows our thoughts. But it is as we see Jesus, that our thoughts become clear. We realize that in and of ourselves, apart from God, our "best" thoughts are still selfish and evil, for by nature we are separated from God. But when we yield the whole heart to Christ and accept His grace by the power of His blood to transform the heart and the mind, He imbues us with the Holy Spirit so all the attributes of the divine nature will be manifest in and through us. Then the thoughts He implants from His word will bear fruit to His glory from a character that is fashioned after the divine similitude. Oh, let us more fully appreciate the power of right thinking and acting when Christ the hope of glory lives in us!

Let us be thankful that the greatest happiness that can be found in this world or in the world made new is from loving Jesus. As we realize this, it will refocus our priorities and prayers, guiding us to choose what is enduring. Let us guard jealously the hours for prayer and Bible study so we can behold the loveliness of Jesus and become like Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered!

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »
"No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me."

Where else can such strong - unselfish love be found for those who have gone astray??

"But those who held positions as rulers and priests in Israel, though they too had before them the precious utterances of prophecy, were not walking in the way of the Lord, and their eyes were not open to behold the Light of life."

"So it is still. Events upon which the attention of all heaven is centered are undiscerned, their very occurrence is unnoticed, by religious leaders, and worshipers in the house of God.

Men acknowledge Christ in history, while they turn away from the living Christ. Christ in His word calling to self-sacrifice, in the poor and suffering who plead for relief, in the righteous cause that involves poverty and toil and reproach, is no more readily received today than He was eighteen hundred years ago."

What will your response, my response be today?? Perhaps this song reflects what Jesus is looking for.

#330 in SDA Hymanl--- "Take My Life and Let It Be"

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
At the impulse of Thy love.

Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Always, only, for my King.

Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold:
Not a mite would I withhold;
Not a mite would I withhold.

Take my will, and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2020, 09:42:47 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon!!

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2020, 05:14:55 AM »
....."Satan has represented God as selfish and oppressive, as claiming all, and giving nothing, as requiring the service of His creatures for His own glory, and making no sacrifice for their good. But the gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are "thoughts of peace, and not of evil." Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death."
Who can resist such love and mercy? Only the proud and self-centered heart. As we humble ourselves before Him this morning may we realize just how much He cares for us and all mankind. Let's go forth today with renewed commitment to seek for those who need to hear this life changing love story."

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2020, 06:24:13 AM »
"...The gift of Christ reveals the Father's heart. It testifies that the thoughts of God toward us are 'thoughts of peace, and not of evil.' Jeremiah 29:11. It declares that while God's hatred of sin is as strong as death, His love for the sinner is stronger than death.

John 3:16 says. 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

"Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save."
What greater invitation of Redeeming Love, could undeserving mankind every receive?? Are you, am I willing to say " THANK YOU JESUS "? Are we willing to surrender "ALL" to Him?

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.