Author Topic: Welcome! Join With Us as We Read Daily The Desire of Ages  (Read 59430 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: Welcome! Join With Us as We Read Daily The Desire of Ages
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2019, 03:26:47 AM »
God has something amazing to share with us--it is His character. His glory, His love, and the fullness of His divinity He longs to reveal to us! But we are sinful and cannot look upon God in His glory without being destroyed. So God did something so genius--He sent His Son into this world as a human being, and through Jesus Christ we are able to come into union and communion with the infinite who is invisible! What incredible condescension that the Creator would stoop to become one of His creatures! Jesus is forever our Brother, and we are of eternal value to God because we are part of a royal family by adoption! As by a living-faith surrender we see the loveliness of Jesus and yield the whole heart to this most incredible manifestation of grace, our hearts and minds are transformed and the inevitable result is that we are converted into His image to reveal in our finite sphere the infinite attributes of His divine nature! The divine nature is manifested in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! We will reveal in Him abiding in us true love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance! (See Galatians 5:22-23.) What an incredible joy we get to have in Jesus today!!!!

"Nearly two thousand years ago, a voice of mysterious import was heard in heaven, from the throne of God, 'Lo, I come.' 'Sacrifice and offering Thou wouldest not, but a body hast Thou prepared Me. . . . Lo, I come (in the volume of the Book it is written of Me,) to do Thy will, O God.' Hebrews 10:5-7. In these words is announced the fulfillment of the purpose that had been hidden from eternal ages. Christ was about to visit our world, and to become incarnate. He says, 'A body hast Thou prepared Me.' Had He appeared with the glory that was His with the Father before the world was, we could not have endured the light of His presence. That we might behold it and not be destroyed, the manifestation of His glory was shrouded. His divinity was veiled with humanity,--the invisible glory in the visible human form." {The Desire of Ages, page 23, paragraph 1}

That last sentence really touched me this morning--and to think that as we meditate upon Jesus that His glory is invisible, and that such glory He is reproducing in our characters from glory to glory, from character to character!!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2019, 07:40:09 AM »
........"Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages. Both the redeemed and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song. It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love. In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto."

This revelation starts here and now. If this truth does not burn within our hearts now we would never be happy in heaven because our characters will not be miraculously changed just in time to enter heaven. To know Christ is to love Him. If we can't find time to spend with Jesus now why would we desire to spend eternity with Him? I'm looking forward to another walk with Jesus. He will transform our lives. As we behold Him we will be changed into His image. What an awe-inspiring realization.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2019, 08:45:02 AM »
"Through Christ's redeeming work the government of God stands justified.The Omnipotent One is made known as the God of love. Satan's charges are refuted, and his character unveiled. ]Rebellion can never again arise. Sin can never again enter the universe. ]Through eternal ages all are secure from apostasy. By love's self-sacrifice, the inhabitants of earth and heaven are bound to their Creator in bonds of indissoluble union."

When I take the time to contemplate the thoughts in these two paragraphs I can only think of the words....Amazing Grace how sweet the sound...That Saved a Wretch like me. I'm sure that as more is revealed and understood  by us as eternity rolls our love for Jesus will only grew deeper.

"The work of redemption will be complete. In the place where sin abounded, God's grace much more abounds. The earth itself, the very field that Satan claims as his, is to be not only ransomed but exalted. Our little world, under the curse of sin the one dark blot in His glorious creation, will be honored above all other worlds in the universe of God. Here, where the Son of God tabernacled in humanity; where the King of glory lived and suffered and died,--here, when He shall make all things new, the tabernacle of God shall be with men, "and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God." And through endless ages as the redeemed walk in the light of the Lord, they will praise Him for His unspeakable Gift,-- Immanuel, "God with us."

THANK YOU JESUS ---- THANK YOU JESUS ---- THANK YOU JESUS

Amen, Brother Beacon! What amazing love!! The truth revealed in today's opening chapter has so much to consider that where can we begin? I was impressed with what you have shared. It led me to think upon the fact that the godhead is eternal and has no beginning. It is past our ability to comprehend. Is this an excuse to deny God? What an absurd thought. When one takes the time to understand what is written in Scripture, when one considers the glories revealed in heaven and in Earth, there is no excuse for not knowing there is a loving and omnipotent God. Not only has His power been revealed in the things He has created, but His wisdom is past our understanding. And, His love is unfathomable.

God has promised that sin shall come to its end when this horrible but lovely demonstration is complete. How can this be? God will not remove His creatures freedom to choose. Free will is ours for eternity. Then how can God say this?"Rebellion can never again arise. Sin can never again enter the universe. ]Through eternal ages all are secure from apostasy. By love's self-sacrifice, the inhabitants of earth and heaven are bound to their Creator in bonds of indissoluble union."
What wisdom!! God's love and justice is being revealed to the universe. That God would allow His innocent Son to come to this dark spot in the universe a helpless babe subject to the weakness of humanity, to fight the battle of life as each or us must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss, is evidence which causes all who understand to cry out "wonder O heavnes and be astonished O Earth, herein is love!" And it is the great blessing that we on this wicked planet are involved. It is this fallen race that are offered homes here when it is made the center of the universe. It it here where the Son of God has tabernacled in humanity that we might know God's wonderful character of love and justice!!

What a thought!!! Please join with us in not only beholding this love daily, but in sharing what God has opened to you. email administrator@remnant-online.com
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2019, 03:38:43 AM »
As we begin a beautiful journey again to behold the loveliness of Jesus is contemplation of His life and character in The Desire of Ages, I am so thankful Christ condescends to reach us where we are, to awaken love in our hearts (for only by love is love awakened), that we may become partakers of His grace and receive a new nature! As we surrender fully to Christ, He renews our hearts and minds and gives us an increased capacity for knowing and loving Him! When we live by faith on Him as a personal Savior, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be revealed in our lives--not one will be missing. I am so thankful for Jesus this Sabbath morning!!

"Nearly two thousand years ago, a voice of mysterious import was heard in heaven, from the throne of God, 'Lo, I come.' 'Sacrifice and offering Thou wouldest not, but a body hast Thou prepared Me. . . . Lo, I come (in the volume of the Book it is written of Me,) to do Thy will, O God.' Hebrews 10:5-7. In these words is announced the fulfillment of the purpose that had been hidden from eternal ages. Christ was about to visit our world, and to become incarnate. He says, 'A body hast Thou prepared Me.' Had He appeared with the glory that was His with the Father before the world was, we could not have endured the light of His presence. That we might behold it and not be destroyed, the manifestation of His glory was shrouded. His divinity was veiled with humanity,--the invisible glory in the visible human form." {The Desire of Ages, page 23, paragraph 1}

Jesus' method is the only true one that works in reaching people. We also are to go forth to mingle with people and to show sympathy for them with Christ in our hearts, that we may minister to them, win their confidence, and then do as Christ did by inviting them to follow Him. What a joy we can have in sharing the love that has so ministered to our hearts! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2019, 06:35:54 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  What a wonderful revelation of our God that we read in this opening chapter! God's character has been misrepresented to this world, the unfallen worlds, and the angels of which one third rejected God's love and are now working with Satan in an attempt to turn the truth into a lie.

It is a most amazing truth that the Son of God took upon Himself our fallen nature and came to this sin darkened world a helpless babe subject to the weakness of humanity to fight the battle of life as we must fight it at the risk of failure and eternal loss. Why? Why would God allow this? In today's reading we find that our God is a God of unsurpassed love! And, we read that it is only the selfish heart of man of those that God created on this Earth that lives unto itself. All else take to give, just as do the heavenly angels that come to this Earth to minister to sinners.

"Satan represents God's law of love as a law of selfishness. He declares that it is impossible for us to obey its precepts. The fall of our first parents, with all the woe that has resulted, he charges upon the Creator, leading men to look upon God as the author of sin, and suffering, and death. Jesus was to unveil this deception. As one of us He was to give an example of obedience. For this He took upon Himself our nature, and passed through our experiences. 'In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren.' Heb. 2:17. If we had to bear anything which Jesus did not endure, then upon this point Satan would represent the power of God as insufficient for us. Therefore Jesus was 'in all points tempted like as we are.' Heb. 4:15. He endured every trial to which we are subject. And He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us. As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him from God. He says, 'I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart.' Ps. 40:8. As He went about doing good, and healing all who were afflicted by Satan, He made plain to men the character of God's law and the nature of His service. His life testifies that it is possible for us also to obey the law of God."

If this was studied and understood by the church, we would see revival and reformation today taking place. It is the power of grace to enable repentant sinners to keep the law of God. "Here are they that keep the commandments of God." It is the character of God when beheld that transforms the character of sinful man. This is that which we are given a period of time to learn and to do. It is the goodness of God that leads to repentance. It would be good if we would spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. By beholding His loveliness we would be converted daily. Join with us in not only beholding His love, but by sharing what it is that the Holy Spirit is revealing to you as you see our magnificent God and the love whereby we are saved. If you are not yet registered, send an email to administrator@remnant-online.com and you too can encourage others that God is speaking to your heart these beautiful truths.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2019, 07:35:31 AM »
"Since Jesus came to dwell with us, we know that God is acquainted with our trials, and sympathizes with our griefs. Every son and daughter of Adam may understand that our Creator is the friend of sinners. For in every doctrine of grace, every promise of joy, every deed of love, every divine attraction presented in the Saviour's life on earth, we see "God with us."
Every sentence, every paragraph of this chapter is filled with assurance of God's love for you and me. Even the angels marvel at the depth of God's mercy and grace. All He asks in return is a life committed and surrendered to Him on a moment to moment basis. And when we wander and take our eyes off of Jesus He doesn't abandon us. Instead He stands at our hearts door knocking, waiting for us to invite Him in once more. When we daily lift Jesus up and keep Him foremost in our minds He transforms our lives. Thank you Jesus for Your matchless love.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2019, 02:02:23 PM »
"By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan's purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. "God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son." John 3:16. He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice; He gave Him to the fallen race. To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature. "

It seems impossible to describe in human language the immense sacrifice that God made in order for the redemption of the world to be made possible.  No wonder we are told that we should spend at least one thoughtful hour a day in contemplation of what Heaven has done to provide a way of escape from this awful mess that began when Adam and Eve disobeyed our God of Love.  If we will take this time to meditate and pray, we are promised that by the power of the Holy Spirit we can become changed into the likeness of our Saviour and be ready to meet Him when He comes again to take His faithful children home to place where we will never again be faced with evil. Please join with us as we once again begin this journey through the very encouraging book "The Desire of Age "

"This is the pledge that God will fulfill His word. "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder." God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. It is the "Son of man" who shares the throne of the universe. It is the "Son of man" whose name shall be called, "Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isa. 9:6. The I Am is the Daysman between God and humanity, laying His hand upon both. He who is "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners," is not ashamed to call us brethren. Heb. 7:26; 2:11. In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love."
Look up and listen for the shout.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2019, 08:03:37 AM »
Thank you Dorine, for pointing out that Christ is a friend of sinners. Looks like I'm a couple of days behind you guys. i will catch up but this morning as I read. This is what popped out to me.

It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love.

I've always know that the glory that surrounded Christ was His character. Like Moses shown when he descended form the mount and the rest asked him to veil his face. And knowing that Christ is unselfish it should have been easy to put the two together that to get a little more detailed is that His character is self-sacrificing love. What a loving Savior we have that is reaching out to all of us.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2019, 09:25:27 AM »
I was impressed to share this truth with our readers today. "What is truth?" The words of Pilot who soon after murdered a man, God, whom he knew to be innocent.

And, a knowledge of the truth leads the sinner to make a decision, but not all choose rightly. Paul presented the truth to a king. "King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest." Deeply affected, Agrippa for the moment lost sight of his surroundings and the dignity of his position. Conscious only of the truths which he had heard, seeing only the humble prisoner standing before him as God's ambassador, he answered involuntarily, "Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."  But, he did not act on his understanding of truth.

Today is the day of salvation. Make a decision to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ.. Join with us daily as we read a chapter from the Desire of Ages. You will be blessed and daily converted. "We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor. 3:18.

Beacon

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »
"God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. It is the "Son of man" who shares the throne of the universe. It is the "Son of man" whose name shall be called, "Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. The I AM is the Daysman between God and humanity, laying His hand upon both.

He who is "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners," is not ashamed to call us brethren.
Hebrews 7:26;  2:11. In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love."

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

Do we really understand, comprehend and appreciate the tremendous LOVE that is stated in this short verse?...I would encourage all of us to spend more time actually envisioning the counsel meeting which took place prior to Jesus coming to this earth?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2019, 01:39:46 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Such infinite love God has poured out upon us!! He wants us and has a use for us as we cooperate with Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the ministering angels to bring blessings to others!!

I appreciate so much God’s gentle and patient ministry through the angels. May we also minister in harmony with them and be gentle and patient in our ministry to win souls!!

“The angels of glory find their joy in giving,--giving love and tireless watchcare to souls that are fallen and unholy. Heavenly beings woo the hearts of men; they bring to this dark world light from the courts above; by gentle and patient ministry they move upon the human spirit, to bring the lost into a fellowship with Christ which is even closer than they themselves can know.” {The Desire of Ages, page 21, paragraph 1}

As we come close to others as did Jesus, we can pray that the Lord will use is as instruments of His redeeming love, for “only by love is love awakened.” {The Desire of Ages, page 22, paragraph 1}

I marvel at how kind God is to us in Christ, and my heart thrills in contemplation of what He reveals through us for eternity by His mercy: “The exaltation of the redeemed will be an eternal testimony to God’s mercy.” {The Desire of Ages, page 26, paragraph 1} My prayer is that we may daily drink of God’s mercy and appreciate it, knowing that Christ, completely undeserving, drank our cup of divine justice against sin, and died as our sacrifice!! Having been shown such mercy, may we today extend it to others!!!

Dorine

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2019, 05:43:19 AM »
The angels of glory find their joy in giving,--giving love and tireless watchcare to souls that are fallen and unholy. Heavenly beings woo the hearts of men; they bring to this dark world light from the courts above; by gentle and patient ministry they move upon the human spirit, to bring the lost into a fellowship with Christ which is even closer than they themselves can know.

Imagine! The angels are constantly working on our behalf to bring us into a relationship with Christ that is even closer than they themselves know. All of heaven is focused on this little polluted planet. If we could see behind the scenes we would see a flurry of constant activity on behalf of fallen man. As we receive from the hand of God the blessings we enjoy from day to day we are not to sit idly by. God has given us abilities and responsibilities to cooperate with the heavenly agencies to bring the message of God's amazing grace to all we come in contact with.  Each time I start these readings I read as if it was the first time. There is always fresh revelations of God's love that He has ready to bestow upon the earnest seeker.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2019, 07:56:40 AM »
Amen! What a tremendous reading is this!! What a God we serve!!  And why is it that our relationship with God can be even closer than that of the holy angels? Because the greatest form of love is grace, and they have never experienced it. Those who have been forgiven much love much. And we who are great sinners have been forgiven so very much!! We love Him so much because He first loved us so much!

We all have focused on the same theme, God's immutable love. It is the great object of our study now and will be for eternity. To many it is not understood why the Bible calls Jesus the Son of God and the Son of Man. In today's reading we are shown why. It is a most powerful revelation of God's love for us that His Son would submit to becoming one of us, thus He is indeed the Son of Man. He can no longer be everywhere at one time because He is now bound by His humanity. He is still God, the Son of God, and He is now God in human flesh, the likeness of sinful flesh (Romans 8:3.)

By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan's purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. "God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son." John 3:16. He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice; He gave Him to the fallen race. To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature. This is the pledge that God will fulfill His word. "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder." God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. It is the "Son of man" who shares the throne of the universe. It is the "Son of man" whose name shall be called, "Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. The I AM is the Daysman between God and humanity, laying His hand upon both. He who is "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners," is not ashamed to call us brethren. Hebrews 7:26;  2:11. In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love. 

What love!!!

Dorine

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2020, 07:37:34 AM »
Since Jesus came to dwell with us, we know that God is acquainted with our trials, and sympathizes with our griefs. Every son and daughter of Adam may understand that our Creator is the friend of sinners. For in every doctrine of grace, every promise of joy, every deed of love, every divine attraction presented in the Saviour's life on earth, we see "God with us."

What a glorious chapter. Christ's life is all about love. A love that our finite minds can only catch a glimpse of. But that glimpse will mature and grow as we spend time with Him each day.  Another walk with Jesus from the manger to the courts of heaven awaits us. This is where we can be recharged with spiritual strength and knowledge. He will keep us from falling when we keep our eyes on Him and our hand in His. He is our strength and our salvation.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2020, 08:18:00 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!!

The "love" of Christ is manifested in Him being "with us." I was moved this morning to see that Jesus' being with us is how He shows us His love!

"'His name shall be called Immanuel, . . . God with us.' 'The light of the knowledge of the glory of God' is seen 'in the face of Jesus Christ.' From the days of eternity the Lord Jesus Christ was one with the Father; He was 'the image of God,' the image of His greatness and majesty, 'the outshining of His glory.' It was to manifest this glory that He came to our world. To this sin-darkened earth He came to reveal the light of God's love,--to be 'God with us.' Therefore it was prophesied of Him, 'His name shall be called Immanuel.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 19, paragraph 1}

The light of God's love is manifested in Jesus being our Brother and coming to dwell with us. We also, by abiding in Him, may dwell with others and reveal the light of Jesus' presence to them that they may become like Him in mind and character! To have Christ abiding in us means that all of the fruits of His Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing and we will gladly and affectionately obey all of the Ten Commandments to the depth that we know them in Christ by the faith of Jesus through the baptism of the Holy Spirit!

Beacon

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2020, 02:28:51 PM »
"In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. "God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son." John 3:16. He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice; He gave Him to the fallen race. To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace,

God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature. This is the pledge that God will fulfill His word.
"

How can we begin to understand the depths of God's love for each of us!! - and it will grow deeper throughout all eternity.

O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2020, 09:28:27 PM »
Amen! It is such a wonderful chapter!  My son and I spent our worship this morning on one paragraph.

By coming to dwell with us, Jesus was to reveal God both to men and to angels. He was the Word of God,--God's thought made audible. In His prayer for His disciples He says, "I have declared unto them Thy name,"--"merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,"--"that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them." But not alone for His earthborn children was this revelation given. Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages. Both the redeemed and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song. It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love. In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto. 

The lesson for us was "Our little world is the lesson book of the universe." Imagine all that this statement entails! What a truth for us to share with all we have opportunity. What do we know about this statement? It is the most amazing truth God can share with us. Imagine that He has entrusted this to us!!!  How many if they understood, would never again ask why if your God is omnipotent and your God is love, does He allow bad things to happen to "good" people? We have the answer that will make a difference is ever so many!

Dorine

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2020, 05:52:44 AM »
This is the pledge that God will fulfill His word. "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder." God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. It is the "Son of man" who shares the throne of the universe. It is the "Son of man" whose name shall be called, "Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. The I AM is the Daysman between God and humanity, laying His hand upon both. He who is "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners," is not ashamed to call us brethren. Hebrews 7:26;  2:11. In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love.

The intimacy that Scripture portrays between God and us is beyond finite understanding. The beauty we see in these words and the realization that we truly do mean that much to Him brings tears of joy and gratitude to my eyes. No wonder we will be searching the depths of His love throughout eternity. It can never be exhausted. "Jesus is all the world to me". I cling to Him like a child to it's Mother's apron because apart from Him I am not safe.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2020, 06:37:36 AM »
Amen dear Sister! What a chapter!! If all we had were this one chapter, we would know enough to be eternally saved! I am amazed as I see God's plan for us and the universe. And, we are reminded that unselfish love is at the foundation of God and His government!

By coming to dwell with us, Jesus was to reveal God both to men and to angels. He was the Word of God,--God's thought made audible. In His prayer for His disciples He says, "I have declared unto them Thy name,"--"merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,"--"that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them." But not alone for His earthborn children was this revelation given. Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages. Both the redeemed and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song. It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love. In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto.

I find myself more and more repeating the truth that God would have suffered and died for just one of us, but there is more to the story than our salvation. God has a serious problem. There is sin in His universe. He suffers on account of this. Only He could have devised a plan wherein His creatures could retain free will and yet, He can promise us that sin will never ever come again when this demonstration is over.

Bad things happen to "good" people not because God causes this, but He allows it that He can put and end to sin forever. Let a Bible student explain why it is that when probation closes for humanity, that God does not then take His faithful to heaven right then and there. He not only delays His coming, but He allows His faithful to suffer a darkness that was not known even in the dark ages when persecution was at its height. What is to be gained by putting His faithful through a time of trouble such as never was?

But not alone for His earthborn children was this revelation given. Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages.

We are the "lesson book" for the whole universe!! God's character is to be revealed in those who live in fallen evil flesh. We are His witnesses when things go well, but we are better witnesses when being burned at the stake. John was boiled in oil. God says to you and to me "Come let us reason together!"  We are not stupid even when wicked. We can know the truth. Then let us study this chapter that we might know the character of our God and more of His plan for us and the universe! The Word was made flesh and we have the opportunity to behold Him as He walked on this Earth among those whom He called Brethren. What condescension! What love!

Beacon

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2020, 06:52:21 AM »
"Both the redeemed and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song. It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love. In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto."

This reminds me of the words of this song....#76 SDA Hymnal " Oh Love that will not let me go." by George Matheson 1882

O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

May our hearts be full of gratitude and surrender to our Savior for all He has done - is doing - and will yet accomplish for our eternal redemption.