Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith  (Read 16719 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2021, 09:26:46 PM »
We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine.

"Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality."

"These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

May our daily prayer and plea be along the same track as the words of this song...

Like the woman at the well, I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy.
And then I heard my Savior speaking—
“Draw from My well that never shall run dry.”

Fill my cup, Lord;I lift it up Lord;
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.
Bread of Heaven, feed me till I want no more.
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.

There are millions in this world who are seeking
For pleasures earthly goods afford.
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
So my brother if the things that this world gives you
Leave hungers that won’t pass away,
My blessed Lord will come and save you
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray—

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787
-

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2021, 04:46:28 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, “What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people.” Psalm 116:12-14.
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2021, 09:01:21 AM »
"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.

Everyday we have opportunities to share Jesus and what He has done for us and as we do God's character shines through us and all the fruits of the Spirit will be seen. All may come and sit at the foot of the cross and allow our hearts to be broken and melted so that God can heal us and transform our evil characters into His. Then our testimony will be pure and holy and a true witness for Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2022, 08:15:03 PM »
"The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Psalm 116:12-14."

Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies.

Let us ask ourselves with honest open hearts....

"What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.

This should "NOT" be done to gain public praise, like the leaders of Israel at the time of Christ with all their fanfare! It should be done like the Widow and her two mites "With Humbleness of heart" and not for "Self Glorification."

James 4:10 says...Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

May our prayer be....

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
    For me, You were mocked and crucified;
For me, willingly You bled and died.
Lord, my life and love I willingly outpour
And will serve You evermore.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Words & Music byFrances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)

Dorine

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2022, 05:24:55 AM »
...."The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power.      After healing the woman, Jesus desired her to acknowledge the blessing she had received. The gifts which the gospel offers are not to be secured by stealth or enjoyed in secret. So the Lord calls upon us for confession of His goodness. "Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God." Isaiah 43:12

When we share with others what the Lord has done for us the Holy Spirit uses that testimony to touch the hearts of others who are facing trials. They see the joy and peace we possess in spite of our circumstances as we put our full trust in Jesus; not after the fact but during the need when we do not know how or when relief will come. God will never forsake us. The events in the lives of the people in the bible we read of everyday is a witness to us today. We are strengthened by their faith and trust in God and their persistence in their requests to Him. Never give up on Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2022, 06:01:37 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Right now is the golden opportunity to turn to Jesus! Whatever you’re going through, whatever you’re facing, Christ has the grace and strength to get you through! Turn to Him with the touch of living faith surrender, and let Him bring about the miraculous transformation in your heart whereby all the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are manifest! Then you are empowered to gladly obey Jesus where He leads you!

“The golden opportunity had come. She was in the presence of the Great Physician! But amid the confusion she could not speak to Him, nor catch more than a passing glimpse of His figure. Fearful of losing her one chance of relief, she pressed forward, saying to herself, ‘If I may but touch His garment, I shall be whole.’ As He was passing, she reached forward, and succeeded in barely touching the border of His garment. But in that moment she knew that she was healed. In that one touch was concentrated the faith of her life, and instantly her pain and feebleness gave place to the vigor of perfect health.” {The Desire of Ages, page 343, paragraph 5}

Like the woman who was healed in the touch of faith, Jesus has something infinitely better for you than you’ve ever known in the paths of sickness and doubt. Look up to Him and live! 😊
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2022, 02:04:58 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Pastor Sean!

The Lord works continually to benefit mankind. He is ever imparting His bounties. He raises up the sick from beds of languishing, He delivers men from peril which they do not see, He commissions heavenly angels to save them from calamity, to guard them from "the pestilence that walketh in darkness" and "the destruction that wasteth at noonday" (Psalm 91:6); but their hearts are unimpressed. He has given all the riches of heaven to redeem them, and yet they are unmindful of His great love. By their ingratitude they close their hearts against the grace of God. Like the heath in the desert they know not when good cometh, and their souls inhabit the parched places of the wilderness.

Are we really thankful for all He does for us? How much more he does, that we never see! We ought to be so very thankful every day!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2022, 08:22:00 PM »
"Fearful of losing her one chance of relief, she pressed forward, saying to herself..."

‘If I may but touch His garment, I shall be whole.’

"As He was passing, she reached forward, and succeeded in barely touching the border of His garment."

"But in that moment she knew that she was healed."

"In that one touch was concentrated the faith of her life, and instantly her pain and feebleness gave place to the vigor of perfect health.”

How Strong is " OUR FAITH " ??  Remember when King of Babylon commanded the 3 Hebrews to bow down to the Golden Image or be thrown into the fiery furnace? They refused to obey the king's order and what did God do?? He air conditioned the fiery furnace and the 3 Hebrew young men came out without even the smell of smoke on their clothes. What a great example of FAITH!!

======================

Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
  That overcomes the world.
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
His banner over us is love,
  Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints before
  With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
  Swept on o’er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
  Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
  Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
  And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
  With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
  And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
  White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
  His name confessed in heav’n;
Then onward from the hills of light,
  Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
  In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.

Lyrics:John Henry Yates (1837-1900)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908)

Beacon

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2022, 08:03:54 PM »
"There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others."

"The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. "

"His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies."

"Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare..."

"What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.

The heart of Jesus yearns for a Personal Love Relationship with His people. I invite you today to accept/ renew your experience with Him. He will never force you to do that! We must be willing to open the door!

=============================
Like the woman at the well, I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy.
And then I heard my Savior speaking—
“Draw from My well that never shall run dry.”
    Fill my cup, Lord;
I lift it up Lord;
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.
Bread of Heaven, feed me till I want no more.
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.
There are millions in this world who are seeking
For pleasures earthly goods afford.
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
So my brother if the things that this world gives you
Leave hungers that won’t pass away,
My blessed Lord will come and save you
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray—

Lyrics & Music:Richard Blanchard (1925-2004)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2022, 03:51:19 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! Let us constantly choose the love relationship with Jesus that is WAY BETTER than ANYTHING this world can ever offer us!

Faith is like dynamite! When faith is activated by love, you WILL SEE it in action! When the woman reached forth to touch Christ, like dynamite she put forth every element of the faith God had given her moved by the love of Christ who was drawing her, and she was INSTANTLY healed! When we come to Christ in faith that works by love and purifies the soul, we can believe that He cleanses us from sin as we confess to Him our sins and in true repentance turn from them! Jesus supernaturally restores us into His image with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as long as we are abiding in Him, for such a union and vital experience of communion empowers us to affectionately obey God!

"The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 1}

Let us allow God to continually GUARD us against a NOMINAL faith--a faith that is not active in love. We need Jesus CONTINUALLY to do any good thing! He loves to have us come to Him JUST AS WE ARE, but His faith working by love in our souls will make us like Him! Praise the Lord!!

Dorine

« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2022, 05:33:28 AM »
"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.

We owe everything to God yet He is taken for granted by many. When we take our eyes off Jesus our blessings often become expectations. May we be witnesses to His love and mercy and never forget what He is doing for us and in us each and every day.

Today I was to attend my only grandson's wedding but I find myself confined to home with symptoms of covid. I am being put to the test of whether I will rejoice through my great disappointment because I believe all things work together for good to those that love God or brood over my predicament. The latter never brings happiness or contentment and it destroys trust in Jesus. I choose to trust Jesus and rejoice that it's me it hit and not the bride or groom to be. God is always good in all circumstances.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2022, 10:49:27 AM »
Amen, dear sister!!  Share with us one of the great things God has done for you in the past. It will encourage us who are being sorely tempted.

Brother Beacon, you are so right, Jesus longs to have us acknowledge His goodness today and every day. He wants us to maintain that personal love relationship. What a blessing to know how much He loves us!!

Amen Pastor Sean!  He wants to impart His righteous character to us today. If we would spend that thoughtful hour a day contemplating His life we would be changed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18). Such a miracle!!

It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2022, 08:11:44 PM »
"It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him."

"The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves."

"Many hold faith as an opinion."

"Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God."

"Genuine faith is life."

"A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

Lord I Believe - Help Thou my unbelief. Rebuke the enemy on " OUR " behalf as we reach out in faith to You.

=====================
Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
His banner over us is love,
  Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints before
  With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
  Swept on o’er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
  Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
  Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
  And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
  With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
  And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
  White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
  His name confessed in heav’n;
Then onward from the hills of light,
  Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
  In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.

Lyrics:John Henry Yates (1837-1900)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908)

Dorine

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2022, 05:27:42 AM »
Amen, dear sister!!  Share with us one of the great things God has done for you in the past. It will encourage us who are being sorely tempted.

I only saw this now Richard as I went to post my thoughts for today. God has done so much for me that I don't know which one to mention. It's a series of small things to most but mighty and huge to me. It would not hold anyone spellbound. I'm going to share an experience that changed my life when it comes to prayer. From the time I was a child none of my prayers were answered so it seemed. Others would relate their marvelous answers to prayer but I was convinced that God did not deem me worthy of an answer to my prayers.

When my father ended up in hospital at the age of 79 with heart failure from a medication prescribed to him I was told he would not survive the night. I went home and plead and cried and plead and cried for God to save my father. I was married with two children but I was not ready to lose my father. Finally just before dawn I changed my prayer to..."Father I do not deserve an answer to my prayer but please on behalf of dad and not what I want I am willing to let him go if he is ready to meet you. If not please, please save him tonight from death." Soon after I called the hospital and they said he was stable but certainly not out of the woods. It was Sabbath and I was to sing a solo for the dedication of one of our churches in the area. I was an emotional wreck but I kept my obligation and with another prayer on my heart I asked God to send the angels to sing for me. When I got up I was shaking and I did not want to draw attention away from this important occasion. From the first note to the last my voice was strong and clear; the best it had ever been. From there Mum and I went to see Dad and he was much improved. God gave him 8 more years. He told us that he was so glad of another chance because there were things he needed to make right with God. God answered MY prayer for dad and MY prayer for a steady voice to sing.

Unbelief is deadly. The answer to the problem I had in my prayer life is found in the following quote from todays reading.

The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power.

Philip T

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2022, 07:16:22 AM »
     When the ten lepers came to Jesus for healing, He bade them go and show themselves to the priest. On the way they were cleansed, but only one of them returned to give Him glory. The others went their way, forgetting Him who had made them whole. How many are still doing the same thing! The Lord works continually to benefit mankind. He is ever imparting His bounties. He raises up the sick from beds of languishing, He delivers men from peril which they do not see, He commissions heavenly angels to save them from calamity, to guard them from "the pestilence that walketh in darkness" and "the destruction that wasteth at noonday" (Psalm 91:6); but their hearts are unimpressed. He has given all the riches of heaven to redeem them, and yet they are unmindful of His great love. By their ingratitude they close their hearts against the grace of God. Like the heath in the desert they know not when good cometh, and their souls inhabit the parched places of the wilderness.

Thank you, Dorine, for your testimony this morning, it gave me encouragement as I deal with my mother and her many problems as she goes into her mid 90's.

Here we see the importance of thanking God for the things he does for us, one out of ten thanking Jesus for gift of healing from the terminal disease of Leprosy. How often does God bless us and we do not thank him. In the book Steps to Christ, that chapter of prayer tells us the importance of thankfulness to God in prayer, how often we forget to thank God for the many, many blessings he pours out upon us. thankfulness not only brings glory to God but strengthens our faith as well.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2022, 08:41:17 AM »
Amen Brother Philip. How often our prayers are answered and we do not thank Him.

Thank you, dear Sister Dorine. God is so very good to hear and answer our prayers. More than answering your one prayer, we see how He strengthened you, gave the congregation a great blessing, and touched your father's heart with His great need and His great power. Again, thank you for sharing, it will be an encouragement to many who will read your testimony in the future.

Today's reading was very short, but very instructive.

We read today that the soul can become a conquering power! Amen!!

The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power. 

The devils believe and tremble, but those who want to give glory to God will love the Lord our God with all of the heart. By His grace, let us give glory to Him today, and hasten the soon coming of Jesus!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2022, 11:02:38 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, Brother Philip and Brother Richard!!

Has God been faithful to you? Then tell people about it! Share what God has done in the unique way He has gifted you to share His character, and in letting Jesus into your heart in full surrender, allow all of the fruits of the Spirit to spring forth spontaneously by the result of constant union and communion with God!! Others are in deep need to see the living God work in us true obedience and faithfulness as they come to know He lives and has power to transform sinners into saints and keep His new creation (us in Christ) from falling!!

God has been so good to me to bring me so much closer to Him after the death of my parents when I was young (orphaned at 15), to lead me into His remnant church, the Seventh-day Adventist Church at 20, and to call me to be a pastor. He specifically answered my prayer for a call in Northern Michigan where I have been so thankful to get to preach the everlasting gospel freely for over seven years! He has healed me in so many ways and I love to sing new songs to keep praising Him more and more!!!

"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 3}

As people see that GOD IS REAL because they see we have surrendered all to Him and let Him reveal His glory in our lives, we find increased joy in bringing others to Christ who so loved us that He would die for us on Calvary, rise from the dead in victory, be our perfect High Priest in heaven's sanctuary, and soon come as our King to take us home to the heavenly mansions He has prepared!! Hallelujah!!

Beacon

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2023, 10:43:16 PM »
"Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs."

"God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality."

"These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

"He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God."

"It is not enough to believe about Christ."

"We must believe in Him."

"The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves."

"Many hold faith as an opinion."

"Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God."

"Genuine faith is life."

"A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

I want and need more of that " Confiding Trust " Don't You??

=====================

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Once Again Jesus has brought us safely through another week-- "HAPPY SABBATH"

Dorine

« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2023, 05:25:40 AM »
When the ten lepers came to Jesus for healing, He bade them go and show themselves to the priest. On the way they were cleansed, but only one of them returned to give Him glory. The others went their way, forgetting Him who had made them whole. How many are still doing the same thing! The Lord works continually to benefit mankind. He is ever imparting His bounties. He raises up the sick from beds of languishing, He delivers men from peril which they do not see, He commissions heavenly angels to save them from calamity, to guard them from "the pestilence that walketh in darkness" and "the destruction that wasteth at noonday" (Psalm 91:6); but their hearts are unimpressed. He has given all the riches of heaven to redeem them, and yet they are unmindful of His great love. By their ingratitude they close their hearts against the grace of God. Like the heath in the desert they know not when good cometh, and their souls inhabit the parched places of the wilderness.

But our consistent testimony of God's compassionate, tender care in our own lives will touch some cold heart with hope. We must never tire of sharing the love of God for all mankind to all who will listen. We are not responsible for the decisions they make. We sow the seed in love and the Holy Spirit nurtures it and brings it to harvest. We must never allow the doubts of others silence our love and belief in a living, gracious Saviour. Our only protection is in a daily study of God's word and a complete surrender to His will and He will kindle a fire in our hearts that can not be extinguished.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2023, 02:26:37 PM »
Happy Sabbath!!

Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

We can overcome! Like the woman who reached out for Christ and was instantly healed, we can reach out in faith and be spiritually restored to wholeness, experiencing all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as long as we are abiding in Christ! Then our lives will bear witness for Christ as we affectionately obey Him from the new heart!

"The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 1}

What a joy it is to walk in the victory of Christ and have a genuine faith walk with Jesus that brings life and life more abundantly!