Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith  (Read 16378 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »
Amen, amen, and amen!!   There is faith and there is saving faith. God has given to every man a "measure of faith." It is up to us to get "saving faith."  How? Faith cometh by hearing and hearing be the Word of God. It is a revelation of God's character, His character of grace. 

talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power. 

By spending a thoughtful hour each day contemplating the life of Christ, we shall obtain "saving faith."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2020, 01:08:12 AM »
"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

Have you ever thought about " Jesus needing You? " through your faithfulness in sharing your testimony with others as to what God has done for you!....

" When supported by a Christ-like life, has an " irresistible " power that works for the salvation of souls "

To be able through the power of the Holy Spirit to witness to others about the Saving Grace of Jesus presents an awesome responsibility and privilege especially in these closing moments of earths history before the second coming of our Lord & Saviour. Let us renew our commitment to Jesus just now so that we will be sensitive to the opportunities when they come our way

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2020, 06:25:23 AM »
..."God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

Each one is very special to Jesus in their own way. He delights to receive the praise and glory through the testimony of our individual experience with Him.  As we share with others what God has done for us others are drawn to Jesus through His irresistible power. What a special partnership and privilege we have with Jesus in the saving of lost souls.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2020, 06:54:50 AM »
Praise the Lord for the privilege of having Jesus in our hearts by beholding Him and yielding fully to Him!

"The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 1}   

Let us walk in the victory of Christ on a moment-by-moment basis, so He may reveal through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2020, 10:15:22 AM »
God leaves us in this world after we are converted that we might be His witnesses that the world will know of His character.

We often hear "just believe." In today's reading we better understand that this is not true, the devils believe and tremble.They are not saved. We must have living faith. We must believe in Christ, not just that He is God 

Pastor Sean was impressed with the same truth as I.

The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2020, 05:45:46 AM »
"The ruler's house was not far distant, but Jesus and His companions advanced slowly, for the crowd pressed Him on every side. The anxious father was impatient of delay; but Jesus, pitying the people, stopped now and then to relieve some suffering one, or to comfort a troubled heart."   
These few words spoke tenderly to me this morning. Even though a child was dying and needed the healing touch of Jesus; He couldn't pass by any who came to Him for healing. I'm sure He was also testing the faith of Jarius but I was touched by the personal attention He gave to each one. He continues to linger along his Path even today. Even though major events are taking place He will never pass by a soul in need. What a story of redemption we have to share with others everyday.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2020, 05:54:47 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!

Let us not forget God's goodness, for His goodness leads us to repentance and guides us into a total surrender to Him so Christ by the Holy Spirit renews our hearts and imparts and imputes to us His righteousness! Then we will spontaneously manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we continue to choose to abide in Christ!

"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, 'What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people.' Psalm 116:12-14." {The Desire of Ages, page 348, paragraph 2}

We need not fear for the future as we remember the way God has led us and His teaching in our past history! Look up! Jesus is coming SO SOON!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2020, 07:55:58 AM »
"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but,,

"That which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience."

We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

A Personal Testimony... In 2007 I was diagnosed with Cancer of the Lower Bowel. The surgeon told me that because of the location of the tumor I might come out of surgery with a colostomy bag. That would change my life drastically and also add a huge expense to our budget. We took the situation to the Lord in fervent prayer. A date was set for the surgery and then cancelled because of staffing issues in the Operating Room. I was tempted to become very frustrated because of the emotional drain. but once again gave it to Jesus. On the date my surgery was re-scheduled for, a young surgeon asked my permission to observe the surgery which I granted. Immediately upon awaking from surgery I check to see if I had a colostomy hook-up - There was no hook up. Praise the Lord. I wasn't going to have that to deal with that issue. Later on my surgeon told me that it was because of this young surgeon being there and offering to show him a new technique that I was able to resume life without a colostomy bag...Praise the Lord! If the operation had taken place as first scheduled that young surgeon would not have been there!! What an awesome God. Also to His glory I have remained cancer free.

"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him."
[/u]

Let us remember that we have been appointed as "Ambassadors" for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and be quick to share with others about His wonderful plan of salvation which will lead to life eternal if we choose to open our hearts and let Him be the King of Kings in our lives.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2020, 05:45:22 PM »
And what is the testimony of all who are truly converted? That God loves us despite who we are. He allowed His innocent Son to suffer in our place at the risk of losing Him for eternity! Our testimony is that we love God because He loved us while we were yet sinners. And what is the result of this grace?

The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power. 

Dorine

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2021, 04:55:30 AM »
"The Lord works continually to benefit mankind. He is ever imparting His bounties. He raises up the sick from beds of languishing, He delivers men from peril which they do not see, He commissions heavenly angels to save them from calamity, to guard them from "the pestilence that walketh in darkness" and "the destruction that wasteth at noonday" (Psalm 91:6); but their hearts are unimpressed. He has given all the riches of heaven to redeem them, and yet they are unmindful of His great love. By their ingratitude they close their hearts against the grace of God. Like the heath in the desert they know not when good cometh, and their souls inhabit the parched places of the wilderness."

We are in great need of the 'touch of Jesus' every day. But so many do not know it. They put their faith in man to supply their need. But they remain empty. There are many within our reach that need to know that there is One who can fill their empty lives with joy and happiness if they will just let Him. More than relief from physical complaints is their need to have their sins forgiven. Guilt brings on disease of mind and body. May God use us today to bring Jesus into the lives of those that are suffering.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2021, 07:22:50 AM »
Amen dear Sister Dorine!   God wants more witnesses of His grace. How sad is it that we forget what great things He has done for us.

He has given all the riches of heaven to redeem them, and yet they are unmindful of His great love. By their ingratitude they close their hearts against the grace of God. Like the heath in the desert they know not when good cometh, and their souls inhabit the parched places of the wilderness.
     It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.

There are many who struggle to surrender the whole heart.  They do not realize what God has done for them, or if they do, they do not praise God for His grace. Let us pray for the Spirit to give us words of truth that will reach their hearts. Every breath we take is a gift from God

Beacon

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2021, 07:26:55 AM »
To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing.

A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God.

It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him.

The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life.

A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power.

Encamped along the hills of light,
 Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
  That overcomes the world.
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
  That overcomes the world.

What ever challenges you may be facing today I would encourage you dear friend to put your had into the hand of Jesus and experince His Power & Peace

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2021, 07:39:57 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Richard, and Brother Beacon!

Let us look to Jesus and remember the way He has led us in our past experience, thus helping us to be encouraged in the upward path to heaven and inspiring others to look to Jesus, too! We may be courageous in the most trying experiences as we look away from the weakness of self to the strength and grace that He so freely provides! When the whole heart is yielded to Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives, and not one will be missing!

"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 3} 

Praise God continually and express in words, in countenance, and in character the grace of Christ! His grace has power to transform sinners into saints and to keep us from falling back into the pit of sin from which God has so graciously delivered us!

Philip T

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2021, 07:50:30 AM »
   After healing the woman, Jesus desired her to acknowledge the blessing she had received. The gifts which the gospel offers are not to be secured by stealth or enjoyed in secret. So the Lord calls upon us for confession of His goodness. "Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God." Isaiah 43:12.
    Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls.

Here we  see the will of Jesus is that we share our stories of finding Jesus with those around us, and his word brought to us through the prophets, the knowledge we learn from them. The most effective witness is the confession of our faith to those around us. The life of obedience to God and his instructions in the word are part of this witness, every day in ou lives to those we come in contact with.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2021, 03:37:46 AM »
Happy Sabbath!! Let us share what Jesus has done! He heals and restores our lives from sin as we look upon Him and live, reaching out the hand of faith to touch Him!

"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 3}

Let us confess how good God is to us! As we open our hearts to the presence of Jesus by beholding Him with open face in total surrender to Him of our whole heart, He comes to live in us by the Holy Spirit and fill us with all of the traits of His divine nature without one missing (Galatians 5:22-23) so we reflect His loveliness to others! May your life be filled with the joy of the Lord this holy Sabbath day!

Beacon

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2021, 07:25:14 AM »
"It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life.

The Bible says....Psalm 34:8 "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." & In Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

The Good News is that Jesus wants us to experience His Love - Forgiveness - Peace. However He will not force His way into our hearts. Harry Anderson a well known artist once painted a picture of Jesus knocking on the door of our life, wanting to come in and share His love, joy and peace with us...but there was no "door handle " on the outside. This was a true representation because Jesus will never force His way into our hearts, our lives. He simple says in....

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Many years ago I invited Jesus into my life and it's a decision I've never regretted because through the good times and through the tough times He has always been there for me - So now, I invite you with great confidence, to let Him be King of Kings and Lord of Lords in your life also and you will experience the Joy of His Salvation.

Dorine

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2021, 08:58:56 AM »
"The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies."

Amen! A beautiful promise.

Philip T

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2021, 07:19:48 AM »
  It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.

Faith grows as we use faith, so we need to keep in our memory's the gifts and promises kept by faith that our faith will be strong when the next temptation or trial comes our way, so we can overcome through faith in Jesus.

Dorine

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2021, 08:05:54 AM »
"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

I love how Jesus treats us individually. He takes a very special interest in the lives of each person and uses our own personalities to work for the souls of others. As stated above our personal testimonies for Jesus along with a Christ-like life will have an irresistible power to work for the salvation of souls.

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2021, 08:16:23 AM »
"The Lord works continually to benefit mankind. He is ever imparting His bounties. He raises up the sick from beds of languishing, He delivers men from peril which they do not see, He commissions heavenly angels to save them from calamity, to guard them from "the pestilence that walketh in darkness" and "the destruction that wasteth at noonday" (Psalm 91:6); but their hearts are unimpressed.

"He has given all the riches of heaven to redeem them, and yet they are unmindful of His great love. By their ingratitude they close their hearts against the grace of God. It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory."

"Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others.

"The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him."

As representatives of Jesus we should... Remember that with our best interest in mind sometimes in answer to our prayers God may say..."No" or "Yes" or "NOT RIGHT NOW". What every the answer may be we should DISPLAY AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE FOR GOD'S LOVE knowing and believing through faith that He knows what is best for us at the time. Perhaps it would be a good time to re-read the story of Job, a man who lost everything near and dear to him but refused to not let go of his faith and trust in God.