Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith  (Read 16761 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--36--The Touch of Faith
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2019, 07:38:36 AM »
Amen Beacon and Dorine!   What a joy to share what Jesus is doing and has done for us! His grace is powerful to the pulling down of the power of fallen nature!

I jumped ahead a day. My thoughts as I read the chapter were like yours, Brother Beacon. 

Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls. 

Our testimonies are that which will convince the world there is a God in heaven who loves them, and has power to changed them.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2019, 08:06:28 AM »
Amen, Beacon, Dorine and Richard! I especially appreciate your testimony, Beacon, as indeed God's timing and ways are best, and He always works all things together for good to them that love Him!

May we realize the nearness of Christ continually, and like Enoch come to appreciate the presence of Christ and His divine perfection to be kept ever before us! The woman who touched Christ truly believed Christ could heal her, and we, too, can pray and live by a living faith knowing that God is ever before us!

"The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 1}

As we have a living faith experience upon Christ as the Son of God, He manifests through us all of the fruits of His Spirit so that not one is missing, and we will have a testimony to share right to the point in which God has led us!   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2019, 03:46:44 PM »
"The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God."

"It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

The Bible says....Psalm 34:8 "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." & In Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Happy Sabbath  :)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2019, 04:17:24 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

As we remember how faithful God has been to us in the past, let us have strong faith for what He will do in the future as we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus!!

"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, 'What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people.' Psalm 116:12-14." {The Desire of Ages, page 348, paragraph 2}

The more God does for us, the larger our faith may grow, for we exercise faith and see how He loves to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think!! Happy Sabbath!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »
"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others."

I know this is true for me. How important it is to have that connection with Jesus who bestows His blessings on us and makes our testimony a blessing to some other soul.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls."

With that thought in mind I'd like to share a personal testimony.  Many years ago when my wife and I were expecting our first child we received bad news from the doctor. It's seem that some type of fibroid tumor was growing along with the embryo at an alarming rate. The doctor said there would not be room enough for a normal development of the child with that tumor present. He recommended immediate surgery to remove the tumor but also that their was a large chance the baby would be lost also during the surgery.

My wife and I looked at each other - feelings of strong emotion overwhelming us. We had waited many years for this baby!! Finally I said to the Dr. --- What if we waited another 30 days?  He asked why we would want to delay when it only would increase the risk of loosing baby? We explained that we were Christians who believed in the Divine Power of Prayer available through Jesus. What could he say to that. So it was agreed to wait another 30 days. We then went home and called all our Christian friends and ask them to join with us in prayer that God would see fit shrink / remove the fibroid tumor.

30 days later at the hospital they did another scan....and....the tumor showed to have shrunk to the size of a pea. How great is it to see the power of a prayer hearing / prayer answering God and a beautiful healthy baby girl arrived on schedule. Hopefully it was a strong witness not only us but to the Doctor and other medical staff, along with our many friends who had prayed. To God be the Glory!

Dorine

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2019, 04:45:05 AM »
The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies.

What a promise.  May we continually respond to the grace of God so that His glory will be seen upon us.
I have known 3 pastors in my life time that God's glory shone in their lives.

Pastor Collins (now deceased) who baptized me when I was 13. His face shone with the love of Jesus and his kind, gentle and friendly manner for young people and children melted this heart to serve and follow Jesus.

Pastor Ron Myers (now deceased) who told me
when I was in my 30's (with the most tender and kind twinkle in his eyes) that I needed to be converted.  For 2 solid weeks I cried. How dare he say such a thing. He didn't know my heart. I hated him. At the end of the 2 weeks the Holy Spirit got through to me and I went to my knees and said "he is right Lord, please help me". God never refuses a prayer for help and the next few years were most precious for our family as this pastor shared things we had never heard before. The very things we read here on TRO.

Pastor Glen Corkum (living with dementia) whose face shone when talking of his dearest friend Jesus. Even in dementia all he wants to talk about is Jesus. He never gets ruffled or unhappy. Always encouraging people to give their hearts to Christ.

As I look back over my life I can see how the Holy Spirit led in bringing people into my life just when I needed them most. And now I can say that the influence of my TRO family has touched my life in my senior years and I thank God with all my heart for all those who have allowed God to work in their lives for the spiritual benefit of others.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2019, 01:16:08 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

What if you happened to be on the most blessed planet in the universe, with the most extensive eternal benefits package all included by virtue of your great need of having been born with a fallen sinful nature and in need of Savior? Earth is that place. And Jesus is the Savior. Make Him your personal Savior today by a complete surrender of your will to Him, letting Him come and abide in your heart by faith so He may produce in you all of the fruits of the Sprit without one missing, manifest in true obedience to the law of God's love! Though the devil is doing all He can to make the song "This Is My Father's World" seem like a lie, it is all smoke and mirrors. The devil is a liar and the father of it. He tries to get you down, keep you down, and then use you to pull others down. But thank God, there are REAL STORIES of REAL PEOPLE who pressed through all the "smoke and mirrors" of the devil and came into Jesus' healing presence. The woman who but touched the border of Jesus' garments believed she would be healed. And she was. There is no limit to what Jesus can do. He is a PERSONAL Savior, who is FULLY QUALIFIED to deal with ALL YOUR DISEASES and restore you into His image!

"It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, 'What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people.' Psalm 116:12-14." {The Desire of Ages, page 348, paragraph 2}

We didn't deserve such amazing grace, but thank God, it has been freely given! While this earth is reeling under the curse of sin, let us ever remember the good news of the gospel of God's grace is a message that supernaturally lifts us in heart and mind above this poor, dark speck of a world and inspires our focus to be on Jesus and His most prized possession--the souls that He shed His blood to redeem!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2019, 10:52:34 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean. We ought not ever forget what God has done for us, yet we often do. As brother Beacon has  pointed out, so I also was impressed with the same paragraph.

Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2019, 06:27:47 AM »
You and I have a unique story to tell, a unique song to sing, and a one-of-a-kind life made by God to bless the whole universe with a revelation of His grace as we behold that grace in Jesus! By yielding the whole heart to Christ, we ally ourselves with Him so that He can work in and through us a revelation of His character, manifesting all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we abide in Christ continually by faith!

"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 3}

When something is irresistible, it is unstoppable in its influence! Even if someone's life is cut short by persecution or death, the witness of their holy life goes on! This was true of Stephen, whose witness EVEN AFTER HE DIED would continually move the heart of Saul, and the Holy Spirit finally reached through that Pharisee's heart to bring him to true repentance and faith in Christ, making him Paul the Apostle! Never underestimate what God may be doing through you as you allow Him to THOROUGHLY convert you day by day!! Let us go forth today abiding in Jesus to uniquely reveal the praise of God through the instruments of our lives!

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2019, 08:24:26 AM »
"Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

Why did it take so many years for me to understand and accept this truth. I was a 'good' SDA Christian yet my soul was hungry for something, I knew not what. It sometimes takes hitting rock bottom in order for Christ to get our attention and that's what happened. I am so grateful to God for allowing circumstances in my life that made me feel my great need of Him because there was no where else to turn. As I cried out to Him He brought healing to my body and soul. I never want to experience that hollow, empty existence that comes with professing Christ yet not trusting Him with my whole heart. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2019, 09:58:12 AM »
“Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven’s chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience.”

So here is short testimony given to the Glory of God.....

My wife and I were living in Up-State New York and were active members of our local SDA church. We had only lived in this location for more than a year but had become good friends with both our neighbors who were very friendly folks. One couple to the left of us were non-Christian, the other couple were Roman Catholics and we enjoyed a good friendship with both. One day as I was on my way to share a Bible Study time with a family that lived out in the country, because they had requested Bible Studies through one of our SDA television ministries , I had auto accident and my car was barely able to crawl home. As I was approaching home I noticed that car belonging to our RC neighbors was in their driveway. I said a short prayer that the Lord would impress them to lend me their car so I could keep my appointment. At first they looked at my car and said laughingly....Is it safe to lend you our car?? then quickly added that they would be happy to help me keep my appointment by lending me their car. So God provided for the need of the people I was suppose to meet with and we had a good study ( I also shared this story with them to encourage them to pray about everything. ) On the way home I thought ...What if my wife and I had not reached out to our RC neighbors and became good friends with them before this time of need? It's wonderful to know that our prayer hearing / answering God knows our every need even before we do. PTL

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »
Amen!  What a truth!

Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls........
     It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others.

Just reading this brought back to mind many great blessings. What a God we serve!!! How can we sin against Him!!!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2020, 06:08:00 AM »
  "After healing the woman, Jesus desired her to acknowledge the blessing she had received. The gifts which the gospel offers are not to be secured by stealth or enjoyed in secret. So the Lord calls upon us for confession of His goodness. "Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God." Isaiah 43:12."

Every day God is bestowing a multitude of blessings on each of us. In praising Him for these we will not be concerned about the disappointments that come our way. When we live for Jesus even disappointments, heartaches, and pain will be turned into blessings by His marvelous grace. Not just for us but for those whose faith is weak and whose hearts harbour unbelief and who Christ is yearning to save.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2020, 07:06:17 AM »
"The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

The Bible says....Psalm 34:8 "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." & In Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

How wonderful it is that Jesus wants us and invites us to embrace Him as a Personal Saviour. Who could possibly say NO to that awesome invitation give by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. As we approach another Sabbath day -  Let us Rejoice and Rest in His Love.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2020, 08:36:49 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Real righteousness by real faith means a real experience in having the divine nature work in us to will and to do of God's good pleasure! God's Spirit imbues us with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and temperance so that His character is seen as a witness and we are drawn ever closer to Christ whose blood atones for our sins and gives us a new life! Let us reach out and touch Christ by faith today in all we do and say!

"The wondering crowd that pressed close about Christ realized no accession of vital power. But when the suffering woman put forth her hand to touch Him, believing that she would be made whole, she felt the healing virtue. So in spiritual things. To talk of religion in a casual way, to pray without soul hunger and living faith, avails nothing. A nominal faith in Christ, which accepts Him merely as the Saviour of the world, can never bring healing to the soul. The faith that is unto salvation is not a mere intellectual assent to the truth. He who waits for entire knowledge before he will exercise faith, cannot receive blessing from God. It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 1}

As we overcome through Christ, we have a testimony to share of His goodness and love, knowing that no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2020, 09:14:28 PM »
  "After healing the woman, Jesus desired her to acknowledge the blessing she had received. The gifts which the gospel offers are not to be secured by stealth or enjoyed in secret. So the Lord calls upon us for confession of His goodness. "Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God." Isaiah 43:12."

Every day God is bestowing a multitude of blessings on each of us. In praising Him for these we will not be concerned about the disappointments that come our way. When we live for Jesus even disappointments, heartaches, and pain will be turned into blessings by His marvelous grace. Not just for us but for those whose faith is weak and whose hearts harbour unbelief and who Christ is yearning to save.

Many wonder why it is that God allows bad things to happen to "good" people. In your sharing this morning dear sister Doreen, we better understand why God allows bad things to happen to His children. When things are going well for us, we are his Witnesses. But, when things are not going well, but are going very badly, then the world can see there's a difference between those who love God and those who do not. We are to be His Witnesses on this Earth.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2020, 04:23:10 AM »
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death" (Revelation 12:11). Only as we rely implicitly on Jesus' atoning blood shed for us at Calvary and share boldly and freely what He has done for and through our lives by the Holy Spirit do we find the joy of His consistent victory over sin in His abiding presence! Yielding the whole heart to Him by an immediate, active choice of our will, we invite the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit to live in us and manifest in and through our characters the love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance that are all the fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing as we abide in Him! These precious traits of the divine nature's character will grow more and more as we behold Jesus in His loveliness, gladly obeying the law of God because it is an expression of His character that He writes on our minds and hearts!

"Our confession of His faithfulness is Heaven's chosen agency for revealing Christ to the world. We are to acknowledge His grace as made known through the holy men of old; but that which will be most effectual is the testimony of our own experience. We are witnesses for God as we reveal in ourselves the working of a power that is divine. Every individual has a life distinct from all others, and an experience differing essentially from theirs. God desires that our praise shall ascend to Him, marked by our own individuality. These precious acknowledgments to the praise of the glory of His grace, when supported by a Christ-like life, have an irresistible power that works for the salvation of souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 347, paragraph 3} 

Let us find others who can be blessed by hearing what God has done in our lives! We have a reason to praise God continually! Heaven has been opened to us by Jesus and the world needs to know that we have a living Savior--who lives in us!! Let your light shine today as you look to Christ in humble, happy faith!

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2020, 04:58:07 AM »
It is for our own benefit to keep every gift of God fresh in our memory. Thus faith is strengthened to claim and to receive more and more. There is greater encouragement for us in the least blessing we ourselves receive from God than in all the accounts we can read of the faith and experience of others. The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him. Let us then remember the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the multitude of His tender mercies. Like the people of Israel, let us set up our stones of witness, and inscribe upon them the precious story of what God has wrought for us. And as we review His dealings with us in our pilgrimage, let us, out of hearts melted with gratitude, declare, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His people." Psalm 116:12-14.

Every day I am overwhelmed with gratitude to the blessings God grants to me. It brings such pleasure to share those blessings with others. Hubby and I love to talk of Jesus' love and care for us. We reminisce frequently of His leading and guiding in our past lives. This is the God we serve and He is not partial in who receives His benefits.  "The soul that responds to the grace of God shall be like a watered garden. His health shall spring forth speedily; his light shall rise in obscurity, and the glory of the Lord shall be seen upon him."

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2020, 06:29:53 AM »
"It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

The Good News is that Jesus wants us to experience His Love - Forgiveness - Peace. However He will not force His way into our hearts. Harry Anderson a well known artist once painted a picture of Jesus knocking on the door of our life, wanting to come in and share His love, joy and peace with us...but there was no "door handle " on the outside. This was a true representation because Jesus will never force His way into our hearts, our lives. He simple says in....

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Many years ago I invited Jesus into my life and it's a decision I've never regretted because through the good times and through the tough times He has always been there for me - So now, I invite you with great confidence, to let Him be King of Kings and Lord of Lords in your life also and you will experience the Joy of His Salvation.