Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--15--At the Marriage Feast  (Read 29861 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--15--At the Marriage Feast
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2022, 08:22:16 PM »
"The gifts of Jesus are ever fresh and new."

"The feast that He provides for the soul never fails to give satisfaction and joy."

"Each new gift increases the capacity of the receiver to appreciate and enjoy the blessings of the Lord."

"There can be no failure of supply. If you abide in Him."

Today Jesus is saying to each of us.. Freely ye have received, freely give."  Matthew 10:8

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
  Thereís mercy with the Lord;
And He will surely give you rest
  By trusting in His Word.
    Only trust Him! Only trust Him!
  Only trust Him now!
He will save you! He will save you!
    He will save you now!
For Jesus shed His precious blood
  Rich blessings to bestow;
Plunge now into the crimson flood
  That washeth white as snow.
Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way,
  That leads you into rest;
Believe in Him without delay,
  And you are fully blest.
Come then, and join the holy band,
  And on to glory go;
In Christís redemption take your stand,
  And all His goodness know.

Lyrics & Music: John Hart Stockton (1813-1877)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2022, 06:00:13 AM »
"It was by personal contact and association that Jesus trained His disciples. Sometimes He taught them, sitting among them on the mountainside; sometimes beside the sea, or walking with them by the way, He revealed the mysteries of the kingdom of God. He did not sermonize as men do today. Wherever hearts were open to receive the divine message, He unfolded the truths of the way of salvation. He did not command His disciples to do this or that, but said, "Follow Me." On His journeys through country and cities He took them with Him, that they might see how He taught the people. He linked their interest with His, and they united with Him in the work."

Through God's word and our daily readings we have the privilege of being taught of Jesus just as the disciples were. We are learning the lessons He taught to them. Anywhere there are souls open to the teachings of Jesus we are to minister so that they have an opportunity to answer the call of the Holy Spirit to give their hearts to Christ. We are given the easiest part in the salvation of souls yet Satan successfully convinces many that it is the hardest part causing discouragement and unbelief. We have all of heaven ready to work through us to accomplish Christ's command to take the gospel to the world.  May we trust fully in the  promises of God and encouraged by what we read.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2022, 08:00:11 AM »
Amen my brother and sister!  What a joy to know of and to receive His grace daily. Then we have much to share with those who we come in contact with.

Christ is pleased with His followers when they show that, though human, they are partakers of the divine nature. They are not statues, but living men and women. Their hearts, refreshed by the dews of divine grace, open and expand to the Sun of Righteousness. The light that shines upon them they reflect upon others in works that are luminous with the love of Christ. 

Jesus would have us take the hand of others and rather than telling them what to do, show them how we minister to those who know not the Creator of the world.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2022, 11:40:37 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

Only Christ can fully supply what we need. We need His grace and His forgiveness; we need His healing and provision. Christ offers us much more than we can ask or think. He gives us overcoming power so we can have all of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives without one missing as we surrender all to Christ and let Him lead us in the path of true, affectionate obedience.

"The word of Christ supplied ample provision for the feast. So abundant is the provision of His grace to blot out the iniquities of men, and to renew and sustain the soul." {The Desire of Ages, page 149, paragraph 1}

Christ not only renews us, but keep us by His grace! Let us look away from self to Jesus!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »
"Christ is pleased with His followers when they show that, though human, they are partakers of the divine nature."

"They are not statues, but living men and women."

"Their hearts, refreshed by the dews of divine grace, open and expand to the Sun of Righteousness."

"The light that shines upon them they reflect upon others in works that are luminous with the love of Christ."

Does our life, yours and mine, reflect works that are luminous with the Love of Christ?

=======================

Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.
    O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy [redemption],*
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calvíry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
Living for Jesus through earthís little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Lyrics:Thomas Obediah Chisholm (1866-1960)
Music:Carl Harold Lowden (1883-1963)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2022, 06:04:28 AM »
...."There was danger that Mary would regard her relationship to Jesus as giving her a special claim upon Him, and the right, in some degree, to direct Him in His mission. For thirty years He had been to her a loving and obedient son, and His love was unchanged; but He must now go about His Father's work. As Son of the Most High, and Saviour of the world, no earthly ties must hold Him from His mission, or influence His conduct. He must stand free to do the will of God. This lesson is also for us. The claims of God are paramount even to the ties of human relationship. No earthly attraction should turn our feet from the path in which He bids us walk."

This is one huge reason young people should not court and marry not only those that are non-believers but those who are professing to be followers of Christ but do not show it in the way that they live. Can two walk together lest they be agreed?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2022, 06:48:10 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

What a blessing to choose to follow Christ's method and walk in His will! When we yield all of the heart to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives as we grow in affectionately obeying God and blessing others!

"It was by personal contact and association that Jesus trained His disciples. Sometimes He taught them, sitting among them on the mountainside; sometimes beside the sea, or walking with them by the way, He revealed the mysteries of the kingdom of God. He did not sermonize as men do today. Wherever hearts were open to receive the divine message, He unfolded the truths of the way of salvation. He did not command His disciples to do this or that, but said, 'Follow Me.' On His journeys through country and cities He took them with Him, that they might see how He taught the people. He linked their interest with His, and they united with Him in the work." {The Desire of Ages, page 152, paragraph 1}

As we are linked up with Christ, He empowers us to do new things for His kingdom!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}