Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--13--The Victory  (Read 25205 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--13--The Victory
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2021, 05:11:08 AM »
"After the foe had departed, Jesus fell exhausted to the earth, with the pallor of death upon His face. The angels of heaven had watched the conflict, beholding their loved Commander as He passed through inexpressible suffering to make a way of escape for us. He had endured the test, greater than we shall ever be called to endure. The angels now ministered to the Son of God as He lay like one dying. He was strengthened with food, comforted with the message of His Father's love and the assurance that all heaven triumphed in His victory. Warming to life again, His great heart goes out in sympathy for man, and He goes forth to complete the work He has begun; to rest not until the foe is vanquished, and our fallen race redeemed."
Remembering His Father's words and having scripture in His heart and mind He met temptation with an "It is written". What a tremendous example this is for us.  As we go through tough trials and temptations knowing Who Jesus is and because of His love for us, and what He went through to secure our salvation may we also meet temptation with scripture.....

Psalm 119:11, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee.
Mark 14:38, Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. "Meditation and prayer would keep us from rushing unbidden into the way of danger and thus we should be saved from many a defeat.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Philip T

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2021, 05:19:53 AM »
  But faith is in no sense allied to presumption. Only he who has true faith is secure against presumption. For presumption is Satan's counterfeit of faith. Faith claims God's promises, and brings forth fruit in obedience. Presumption also claims the promises, but uses them as Satan did, to excuse transgression. Faith would have led our first parents to trust the love of God, and to obey His commands. Presumption led them to transgress His law, believing that His great love would save them from the consequence of their sin. It is not faith that claims the favor of Heaven without complying with the conditions on which mercy is to be granted. Genuine faith has its foundation in the promises and provisions of the Scriptures.
     Often when Satan has failed of exciting distrust, he succeeds in leading us to presumption. If he can cause us to place ourselves unnecessarily in the way of temptation, he knows that the victory is his. God will preserve all who walk in the path of obedience; but to depart from it is to venture on Satan's ground. There we are sure to fall. The Saviour has bidden us, "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." Mark 14:38. Meditation and prayer would keep us from rushing unbidden into the way of danger, and thus we should be saved from many a defeat.  {DA 126.2}

These two chapters had a profound effect this morning, Presumption is Satan's counterfeit to faith,  Faith in Jesus and his promises leads to obedience. While presumption leads us to use God's promises to excuse disobedience through justification of our sins. This shows us the need to study to show ourselves acceptable unto God.  Faith in God, prayer and meditation on the scripture are the ways to overcome, If we let Presumption rule in our lives, we are being ruled by Satan. Christ set an example for us by overcoming this temptation of Satan. He was exhausted almost unto death by these temptations, needing ministration from the angels, we can see His great love for us through this ordeal as well.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2021, 07:25:56 AM »
Amen Brother Philip. What a blessing to see Seventh-day Adventists teaching the gospel message. Day by day we are better understanding what God is asking of us and is well able to empower us to do. Each day we battle against this wily foe. What is it that gives us the victory? That is where Satan has stolen a march on us. The answer is so very simple, grace. By spending time with Jesus we are reminded daily of what He and our heavenly Father have done for us at such a great cost.

Again today we are reminded that there is a reason why God did not rush into allowing His innocent Son to stand between Adam and death. Three times Jesus went to His Father asking if He could put into force the covenant they had made from the foundation of the Earth. Two times there was no answer, but the third time His Father said yes. Why the delay? Because it not only involved the suffering of His innocent Son, but there was a risk of failure and eternal loss. Jesus could have sinned and they they would have been eternally separated. Wonder and be astonished O Earth, herein is love.

Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.   

Today, if we can faintly comprehend what is being said, we today fall on our faces and praise our Savior and our heavenly Father for all they have done and are doing that we might be transformed into their character, that we might testify to their character of love and justice.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Philip T

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2021, 04:10:24 AM »
The tempter can never compel us to do evil. He cannot control minds unless they are yielded to his control. The will must consent, faith must let go its hold upon Christ, before Satan can exercise his power upon us. But every sinful desire we cherish affords him a foothold. Every point in which we fail of meeting the divine standard is an open door by which he can enter to tempt and destroy us. And every failure or defeat on our part gives occasion for him to reproach Christ.   

Just as Jesus kept his eyes and faith on His father, so we must keep our eyes and faith on Jesus, that is the only way to overcome Satan and his temptations. Satan can only tempt he cannot force us to sin, we must keep our faith focused on Jesus.  We cannot overcome Satan of our own power.

Dorine

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2021, 05:28:04 AM »
"Often when Satan has failed of exciting distrust, he succeeds in leading us to presumption. If he can cause us to place ourselves unnecessarily in the way of temptation, he knows that the victory is his. God will preserve all who walk in the path of obedience; but to depart from it is to venture on Satan's ground. There we are sure to fall. The Saviour has bidden us, "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." Mark 14:38. Meditation and prayer would keep us from rushing unbidden into the way of danger, and thus we should be saved from many a defeat." {DA 126.2}

God's counsel is so clear. His blessings and protection are ever ours when we  obey Him and trust Him to watch over us.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2021, 06:02:03 AM »
"When Satan declared to Christ, The kingdom and glory of the world are delivered unto me, and to whomsoever I will I give it, he stated what was true only in part, and he declared it to serve his own purpose of deception.

Satan's dominion was that wrested from Adam, but Adam was the vicegerent of the Creator. His was not an independent ruler.

The earth is God's, and He has committed all things to His Son. Adam was to reign subject to Christ. When Adam betrayed his sovereignty into Satan's hands, Christ still remained the rightful King.

Thus the Lord had said to King Nebuchadnezzar, "The Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will." Daniel 4:17. Satan can exercise his usurped authority only as God permits."

We need to remember at all times, that while it might appear that Satan is winning by causing soo much turmoil in the world and in the church, that Christ's death on the Cross of Calvary and His following Resurrection. Represents a complete VICTORY for JESUS and that He is still on His throne and...

"if we will come and stand under His Banner in Total Surrender of Self, we are covered by the shed blood of Jesus and are heirs of His Kingdom. We will stand on the sea glass in the heaven above and sing the song of Moses & The Lamb"
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2021, 06:04:11 AM »
Amen Brother Philip and Sister Dorine!  We must hold fast our connection with Jesus.

Amen Brother Beacon!  As it was with Satan, so it is with those who rule today, He allows, but only for a time. It is interesting to know that Satan did not fully understand Jesus was the Son of God until he lost the battle in the wilderness.

Satan had questioned whether Jesus was the Son of God. In his summary dismissal he had proof that he could not gainsay. Divinity flashed through suffering humanity. Satan had no power to resist the command. Writhing with humiliation and rage, he was forced to withdraw from the presence of the world's Redeemer. Christ's victory was as complete as had been the failure of Adam.
     So we may resist temptation, and force Satan to depart from us. Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God, and by the apostle He says to us, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:7, 8.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2021, 08:12:14 AM »
Amen, Brother Philip, Sister Dorine, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

The value of salvation offered us in Christ--the victory Jesus gives us--is so valuable that we do not fully grasp it yet. Let us then look by faith to Jesus continually in full surrender to Jesus and let Him live out His life in us so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing and we may obey God from a heart renewed by His grace!

"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.' Revelation 5:12." {The Desire of Ages, page 131, paragraph 2}    

Praise the Lord for the victory Christ achieved over Satan, and that all who are united to Christ by faith are united to His victory over sin and death and will be with Him for eternity. Let us not let go of Jesus or allow our hearts and minds to wander from Him who has done so much for us and is even now interceding for us in heaven to prepare a place for us and prepare us for the place He has for us! God is so faithful!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2021, 06:38:40 AM »
"We cannot save ourselves from the tempter's power; he has conquered humanity, and when we try to stand in our own strength, we shall become a prey to his devices; but "the name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10. Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name."

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.

Beacon

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2021, 07:27:31 AM »
"When God brings us into trial, He has a purpose to accomplish for our good."

"Jesus did not presume on God's promises by going unbidden into temptation, neither did He give up to despondency when temptation came upon Him. Nor should we. "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able."

"He will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

"God will preserve all who walk in the path of obedience; but to depart from it is to venture on Satan's ground. There we are sure to fall. The Saviour has bidden us, "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." Mark 14:38.

"Meditation and prayer would keep us from rushing unbidden into the way of danger, and thus we should be saved from many a defeat."

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.

Philip T

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2021, 07:36:01 AM »
 Christ's mission could be fulfilled only through suffering. Before Him was a life of sorrow, hardship, and conflict, and an ignominious death. He must bear the sins of the whole world. He must endure separation from His Father's love. Now the tempter offered to yield up the power he had usurped. Christ might deliver Himself from the dreadful future by acknowledging the supremacy of Satan. But to do this was to yield the victory in the great controversy. It was in seeking to exalt himself above the Son of God that Satan had sinned in heaven. Should he prevail now, it would be the triumph of rebellion.
     When Satan declared to Christ, The kingdom and glory of the world are delivered unto me, and to whomsoever I will I give it, he stated what was true only in part, and he declared it to serve his own purpose of deception. Satan's dominion was that wrested from Adam, but Adam was the vicegerent of the Creator. His was not an independent rule. The earth is God's, and He has committed all things to His Son. Adam was to reign subject to Christ. When Adam betrayed his sovereignty into Satan's hands, Christ still remained the rightful King. Thus the Lord had said to King Nebuchadnezzar, "The Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will." Daniel 4:17. Satan can exercise his usurped authority only as God permits.

I found these two paragraphs powerful this morning as I read them, I realized just what Satan's plan was, he told the truth to be used to defeat the plan of salvation, he had usurped Adam's authority given him by God, however, now he wanted to trade that with Jesus for ultimate authority, it was like a vice president trading his position with the president in the sense of obtaining more authority. Jesus overcame him and in the process insured the plan of redemption and placing victory over Satan, so that we could have the gift of grace through faith in Jesus.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2021, 12:51:38 PM »
Amen Brother Philip!  For over 20 years Jesus knew He was the Lamb of God. Satan is clever, but not as clever as he thinks he is. Now, he knows he has lost the battle of life and is doing all he  can to take as many as he can with him.  Let us do all we can to work with God to save as many as possible.

"Meditation and prayer would keep us from rushing unbidden into the way of danger, and thus we should be saved from many a defeat."

Amen, dear brother!!  If will remain in an attitude of prayer continually we will not sin.

He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,

Amen dear sister!! And when we see Him soon, we will indeed throw our crowns at His feet!

Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12. 

Worthy worthy is the Lamb of God!!!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2021, 01:11:35 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Beacon, Brother Philip and Brother Richard!

"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.' Revelation 5:12." 

We can choose to walk in victory moment-by-moment as long as we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith! Let us realize the value of the character experience we are being offered can only be fully realized when we are in heaven seeing all Jesus risked for us.
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2021, 09:47:50 PM »
"If Satan can cause us to place ourselves unnecessarily in the way of temptation, he knows that the victory is his."

"God will preserve all who walk in the path of obedience; but to depart from it is to venture on Satan's ground.

"There we are sure to fall.

" The Saviour has bidden us, "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." Mark 14:38. Meditation and prayer would keep us from rushing unbidden into the way of danger, and thus we should be saved from many a defeat.

How many of "us" have been guilty of saying when tempted...." Get thee behind me Satan " and then added the word PUSH? and of course he is more than willing to oblige us. This is why this post is so very important because it brings us to question of whether or not we are truly willing to co-operate with God in resisting Satan's suggestions and forces us to ask ourselves.. if we are  truly fleeing from temptations or are we lingering on the sin that Satan is trying to get us to commit.

We will fail each time unless we flee to Jesus and ask Him to cause Satin to go away

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! We are shown in Christ's victory how to have victory over Satan by submission to God and trust in His word! Jesus' victory is for us! Let us choose Christ because He came to our dark world to redeem us at an infinite cost to Himself! What wondrous love is this!

"So we may resist temptation, and force Satan to depart from us. Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God, and by the apostle He says to us, 'Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you.' James 4:7, 8. We cannot save ourselves from the tempter's power; he has conquered humanity, and when we try to stand in our own strength, we shall become a prey to his devices; but 'the name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.' Proverbs 18:10. Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name." {The Desire of Ages, page 130, paragraph 4} 

Choosing to trust Jesus no matter how trying our circumstances is so important. No matter what we are going through, we have a sure refuge in Jesus who loves us and has a plan to save us to the uttermost! Grace and strength are supplied as we pray for Him to help us continually abide in Him! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow spontaneously from a life experiencing true conversion and growth in Christ!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2021, 06:15:30 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean.  We have no power to resist the smallest temptation unless we are fully surrendered to Christ. By clinging to Christ, we cannot be overcomed.   Have you ever felt really really bad because you know that Satan laughs in the face of Jesus when you sin? It is painful to realize that when we sin a known sin, we bring this reproach upon Christ and support Satan claim that we cannot keep God's laws.

The tempter can never compel us to do evil. He cannot control minds unless they are yielded to his control. The will must consent, faith must let go its hold upon Christ, before Satan can exercise his power upon us. But every sinful desire we cherish affords him a foothold. Every point in which we fail of meeting the divine standard is an open door by which he can enter to tempt and destroy us. And every failure or defeat on our part gives occasion for him to reproach Christ.   

Beacon

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2022, 08:08:43 PM »
"No outward observances can take the place of simple faith and entire renunciation of self."

"But no man can empty himself of self. We can only consent for Christ to accomplish the work.

Then the language of the soul will be...

"Lord, take my heart; for I cannot give it.It is Thy property. Keep it pure, for I cannot keep it for Thee.

"Save me in spite of myself, my weak, Un-Christ like self."

:Mold me, fashion me, raise me into a pure and holy atmosphere, where the rich current of Thy love can flow through my soul."

There are many today who are saying that it looks like God's Remnant Church is going to fail!! But I choose to believe otherwise. I believe " This is going to be our finest hour because God told us through His Messenger to the Remnant Church..."

"That work of the church will close in a blaze of glory."

"What a privilege to be part of the closing scenes of the Battle Between Good & Evil. Keep looking up, fully surrendered to Jesus and someday soon we will hear the words " Well Done " . May the words of this song below be our prayer.

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2022, 04:00:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath!!! Praise the Lord for Jesus’ victory for us—at a cost we can never fully comprehend until we are in heaven by His grace!!

“Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, ‘Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.’ Revelation 5:12.” {The Desire of Ages, page 131, paragraph 2}

As he humble faith whole-heart surrrbder we let Jesus live His life through us, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest through our lives without one missing as we affectionately obey God from the heart He renews by His grace!

Dorine

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2022, 09:59:47 AM »
"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.   

What a day to look forward to. We see only dimly now but then we will be thrilled with awe and wonder at the wonderful sacrifice of our dear Savior for each one of us. I love to dwell upon the scene of the redeemed in heaven. It becomes more real to me with each passing day.