Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--13--The Victory  (Read 30951 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--13--The Victory
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2018, 06:01:26 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  Again and again we are pointed to the foundation of our faith and our great need of grace continually to escape the lust in our fallen flesh and the temptations presented by the evil one. In today's reading we see that Jesus was tempted in powerful ways in attempt after attempt to get Him to sin. He is our example in being able to resist all that Satan throws at us. By maintaining our connection with Christ we may be victorious over every temptation. It is a promise. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."  1 Cor. 10:13.

There is no excuse for sin. That is to say there is no excuse to excuse transgression. Yet we see this being taught from our pulpits and printed on our presses. This is why we read of this great deception from these pages every day. Our eyes need to be opened and our hearts need to allow Christ in. Then we shall not make excuses for what God condemns.

Faith claims God's promises, and brings forth fruit in obedience. Presumption also claims the promises, but uses them as Satan did, to excuse transgression. Faith would have led our first parents to trust the love of God, and to obey His commands. Presumption led them to transgress His law, believing that His great love would save them from the consequence of their sin. It is not faith that claims the favor of Heaven without complying with the conditions on which mercy is to be granted. Genuine faith has its foundation in the promises and provisions of the Scriptures. 

And what did our first parents do that brought such ruin upon the world? They ate something God had told them not to eat. Just one of those "little" sins that many believe will not keep them from heaven. One of those transgressions being excused. Let us take time to strengthen our connection with Christ daily that we might gain the victory over such presumptions. Then we shall have love, joy, and peace that passes all understanding. Then we shall not deny Jesus His reward for all He suffered.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2018, 06:27:13 AM »
"As the Saviour has manifested trust in God, Satan urges Him to give still another evidence of His faith.  But again the temptation is prefaced with the insinuation of distrust, "If Thou be the Son of God." Christ was tempted to answer the "if;" but He refrained from the slightest acceptance of the doubt. He would not imperil His life in order to give evidence to Satan. The tempter thought to take advantage of Christ's humanity, and urge Him to presumption. But while Satan can solicit, he cannot compel to sin. He said to Jesus, "Cast Thyself down," knowing that he could not cast Him down; for God would interpose to deliver Him. Nor could Satan force Jesus to cast Himself down. Unless Christ should consent to temptation, He could not be overcome. Not all the power of earth or hell could force Him in the slightest degree to depart from the will of His Father."

This chapter should bring us so much hope as we learn how Jesus became victorious over temptation. If we are battling the carnal nature on our own it will be the most discouraging and hopeless feeling there is. By following Jesus' example we will find strength to resist temptation which will lead us to victory. With victory comes joy and peace and draws us even closer to our Saviour. Even though we fail many times He waits each time for our submission so He can pick us up and set us on higher ground once again.  I know there are many that do not believe this. Why they want to stay in a state of restless confusion or dangerous complacency I do not know but I believe what scripture says: "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw night to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:7-8   A promise for true victory in Christ.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2018, 02:00:07 AM »
Satan may question, but the word of God gives clear truth. God's word puts us in touch with the unseen reality of the heavenly universe, with the fact that God loves us and that He knows what is best for us. We don't have to see of feel that God loves us based on circumstances--because when Jesus was in the wilderness, He was suffering and hungry, but God's word had not failed. We will be strengthened if we remember that the assurance of God's love based on His word is unchanging in all of our trials, and that the divinity of Christ is revealed amid suffering. When we suffer for His dear sake it is a high honor and privilege! I was impressed this morning in spending time with Jesus that divinity is revealed through suffering humanity in the experience of Christ--which culminates at Calvary's cross. What a privilege that as we suffer He can reveal Himself through us by all off the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we cleave to Him in living faith!

"Satan had questioned whether Jesus was the Son of God. In his summary dismissal he had proof that he could not gainsay. Divinity flashed through suffering humanity. Satan had no power to resist the command. Writhing with humiliation and rage, he was forced to withdraw from the presence of the world's Redeemer. Christ's victory was as complete as had been the failure of Adam." {The Desire of Ages, page 130, paragraph 3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2018, 05:36:19 AM »
I was impressed with the same passage this morning Pastor Sean. And I like the next part that says.....

"So we may resist temptation, and force Satan to depart from us. Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God, and by the apostle He says to us, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:7, 8. We cannot save ourselves from the tempter's power; he has conquered humanity, and when we try to stand in our own strength, we shall become a prey to his devices; but "the name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10. Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name.  {DA 130.4}"

How I love the promises of God. I cling to them everyday. The battle rages but we do not need to be overcome. We too can know victory in Jesus.  I especially love the last sentence. "Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name." Thank you Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2018, 05:49:38 AM »
I especially love the last sentence. "Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name." Thank you Jesus.
Thank you Dorine for bringing this forward this morning. I know someone who I will pass this on to.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2018, 07:41:53 AM »
We all have been bitten by sin. We all live in vile fallen flesh and will until by God's grace Jesus returns and gives to us holy flesh. Therefor the question is how do we obtain the victory Christ had in the wilderness? How can we resist the temptation to sin? We cannot unless we are abiding in Christ. If we have allowed the mind to wander away, then how can we do any good thing? We must flee back to Christ. We must cling to Christ. Being forgetful, we must be reminded of His love, His grace. This is why our devotions in the morning are so vital. We are to obtain grace that we might not sin against our God. "We will be strengthened if we remember that the assurance of God's love based on His word." The Word of God is a revelation of Christ and our heavenly Father. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the Word of God. The Word was made flesh and dwells among us, even today.

We will be strengthened if we remember that the assurance of God's love based on His word is unchanging in all of our trials, and that the divinity of Christ is revealed amid suffering. When we suffer for His dear sake it is a high honor and privilege! I was impressed this morning in spending time with Jesus that divinity is revealed through suffering humanity in the experience of Christ--which culminates at Calvary's cross.

The lesson closed with a revelation of grace.

Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.   

It is true that when by God's grace we stand before the throne of God, we shall realize what we cannot realize now. But, what we can understand is that God loves us beyond what many know. He allowed His innocent Son to come to this world a helpless baby subject to the weakness of humanity, to fight the battle of life as we must fight it at the risk of failure and eternal loss.

"He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss."

Wonder O heavens and be astonish O Earth!! Herein is love revealed. Herein is grace that transforms sinners into saints.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2018, 04:22:10 AM »
 As Jesus before used the word of God to sustain His faith,....

Yesterday, I commented on the fact that Christ's dependence on the Word of God was greater than miracles and now today this same theme seems to be showing it's face. Christ used the Word of God to sustain His faith during this great trial. I'm reminded of this text...

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2018, 05:18:51 AM »
"Yet we should not lose courage when assailed by temptation. Often when placed in a trying situation we doubt that the Spirit of God has been leading us. But it was the Spirit's leading that brought Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. When God brings us into trial, He has a purpose to accomplish for our good. Jesus did not presume on God's promises by going unbidden into temptation, neither did He give up to despondency when temptation came upon Him. Nor should we. "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." He says, "Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the Most High: and call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me." 1 Corinthians 10:13; Psalm 50:14, 15.  {DA 126.3}

This is my meditation for today.  As God allows temptations to come to me, He has promised to make a way of escape so that I will not sin. Ps. 119:11 is one of my favorite texts Jim. By doing so our faith is strong in Christ and He will keep us from sinning thereby making a way of escape.

This is a powerful chapter to help us understand the difference between faith and presumption. "Faith claims God's promises, and brings forth fruit in obedience. Presumption also claims the promises, but uses them as Satan did, to excuse transgression."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:43 AM »
Amen, Jim and Dorine! God has prepared a way of escape from any and every temptation--and that is by His word. But even though His word makes promises to us of heaven and what God has prepared for us, and even as we read about the sacrifice of Christ in His sufferings on this earth, we still have yet to see how much He gave up to save us. Then things will become even more gloriously clear, and our praise will reach an even higher pitch!

"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.' Revelation 5:12." {The Desire of Ages, page 131, paragraph 2}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
"Satan had questioned whether Jesus was the Son of God. In his summary dismissal he had proof that he could not gainsay. Divinity flashed through suffering humanity. Satan had no power to resist the command. Writhing with humiliation and rage, he was forced to withdraw from the presence of the world's Redeemer. Christ's victory was as complete as had been the failure of Adam.
So we may resist temptation, and force Satan to depart from us. Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God, and by the apostle He says to us, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you."
James 4:7, 8.

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW --

"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us He took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.

AND AS THE CEASELESS AGES OF ETERNITY ROLL AND WE WING OUR FLIGHTS TO VISIT THE VAST CREATION - IT WILL EVER BE OUR JOY TO " TELL THE OLD, OLD STORY OF JESUS AND HIS LOVE." NEVER AGAIN WILL SIN RISE UP TO SPOIL THE PEACE & BEAUTY OF GOD'S CREATION. THERE WILL BE NO PAIN, NO SORROW, NO SADNESS, NO DEATH. THANK YOU JESUS.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2019, 03:18:31 AM »
Amen, Beacon!!

Some thoughts are worth dwelling upon again and again. The story of Jesus' infinite sacrifice, and the Father giving His Son to come and die for us--all the sufferings of Jesus and how heaven is now within our reach--this is WORTH repeating!! What love!! As I again contemplate the reality that in Christ God has offered me a gift of eternal life that exceeds my capacity to understand (and thus, my ability to know its full value this side of heaven) I am overjoyed to be able to commune with Christ and come to appreciate the gift a little more today!!!

"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.' Revelation 5:12."  {The Desire of Ages, page 131, paragraph 2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. And we do not have to wait to praise His holy name. We may not have crowns to throw down at His feet, but we can fall on our faces and give Him the whole heart. He is worthy!

And what is it that reveals His worthiness? What causes me to fall on my face? What reveals His love for us? Where do we see grace unabounding?

He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss.

I know that I continue to share this one truth, but it is worth dwelling upon again and again. Why? Do we really understand what is being said? What risk did Jesus take? Could Jesus have failed? Yes, He could have failed, else this would not have been revealed to us. Jesus could have failed. We could interpret this in a number of ways. How do you see it? He could have come down from the cross and left us to suffer for our own sins. That would have been failure to redeem sinners. But, this is not how I interpret this. I do not see the eternal loss being spoken of here as being an eternal loss for us. We deserve what we would have gotten if Jesus had changed His mind and come down from the cross. Yes, it would be an eternal loss, but there would have been a greater loss. What was the real risk that Jesus took and what is the real eternal loss being spoken of here?

Jesus could have sinned. He could have yielded to Satan's temptations in the wilderness. He could have destroyed the soldiers who mocked Him, or the priests. He could have, could have, could have, but He did not. And if He had sinned, He would have been eternally separated from His Father for eternity! The innocent Son of God placed Himself in such a position as to risk failure and eternal loss. Such love for us while we were yet sinners! Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!!

But, this is not the end of the suffering if Jesus had failed. It was not just the pain Jesus would have suffered, how about His Father, our heavenly Father? Think of His pain in being separated from His Son. This is why it took three times for Him so agree to allow Jesus to stand in between us and death. When Adam sinned, it was not easy for our heavenly Father to agree, but He did. Such love!!

Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! pg 49.

Yes, it would be well to dwell upon this truth often! It is God's grace unmatched, unbelievable, and past our ability to truly comprehend. Even the unfallen worlds wonder in admiration!

Beacon

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2019, 06:49:46 PM »
 "The wind is heard among the branches of the trees, rustling the leaves and flowers; yet it is invisible, and no man knows whence it comes or whither it goes. So with the work of the Holy Spirit upon the heart. It can no more be explained than can the movements of the wind. A person may not be able to tell the exact time or place, or to trace all the circumstances in the process of conversion; but this does not prove him to be unconverted. By an agency as unseen as the wind, Christ is constantly working upon the heart."

"Little by little, perhaps unconsciously to the receiver, impressions are made that tend to draw the soul to Christ. These may be received through meditating upon Him, through reading the Scriptures, or through hearing the word from the living preacher. Suddenly, as the Spirit comes with more direct appeal, the soul gladly surrenders itself to Jesus. By many this is called sudden conversion; but it is the result of long wooing by the Spirit of God,--a patient, protracted process."

"No outward observances can take the place of simple faith and entire renunciation of self. But no man can empty himself of self. We can only consent for Christ to accomplish the work. Then the language of the soul will be, Lord, take my heart; for I cannot give it. It is Thy property. Keep it pure, for I cannot keep it for Thee. Save me in spite of myself, my weak, unchristlike self. Mold me, fashion me, raise me into a pure and holy atmosphere, where the rich current of Thy love can flow through my soul. "

The German invasion of England during WW2 looked inevitable. Someone said to Churchill it looks like England will be defeated. Churchill turned to this individual and I said...."I believe this is going to be our finest hour." There are many today who are saying that it looks like God's Remnant Church is going to fail!! But I choose to believe otherwise. I believe " This is going to be our finest hour"because God has said..." That work of the church will close in a blaze of glory. What a privilege to be part of the closing scenes of the Battle Between Good & Evil. Keep looking up, fully surrendered to Jesus and someday soon we will hear the words " Well Done ".

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2019, 06:56:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Let us keep our eyes on Jesus who left all for us--more than we can fully grasp until we are finally in heaven with Him in all of its glory!

"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.' Revelation 5:12." {The Desire of Ages, page 131, paragraph 2}   

God has a place for each of us today, and it is as we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus that He enables us to successfully navigate the trials of life!

Dorine

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 05:02:25 PM »
Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.   

Let's never take our eyes off Jesus. The best of what this world has to offer is dark, foreboding, worthless and empty as vapor and yet millions are choosing this in place of the glorious future that awaits us. I plan to cast my crown at Jesus feet and join in the song of the Lamb.

Beacon

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2019, 07:23:30 PM »
"When Satan declared to Christ, The kingdom and glory of the world are delivered unto me, and to whomsoever I will I give it, (he stated what was true only in part, and he declared it to serve his own purpose of deception. ) Satan's dominion was that wrested from Adam, but Adam was the vicegerent of the Creator. His was not an independent rule. The earth is God's, and He has committed all things to His Son. Adam was to reign subject to Christ. When Adam betrayed his sovereignty into Satan's hands, Christ still remained the rightful King. Thus the Lord had said to King Nebuchadnezzar, "The Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will." Daniel 4:17. Satan can exercise his usurped authority only as God permits."

We need to remember at all times, that while it might appear that Satan is winning by causing soo much turmoil in the world and in the church, that Christ's death on the Cross of Calvary and His following Resurrection. Represents a complete VICTORY for JESUS and that He is still on His throne and if we will come and stand under His Banner in Total Surrender of Self, we are covered by the shed blood of Jesus and are heirs of His Kingdom. We will stand on the sea glass in the heaven above and sing the song of Moses & The Lamb. 

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2019, 07:38:31 PM »
"When Satan declared to Christ, The kingdom and glory of the world are delivered unto me, and to whomsoever I will I give it, (he stated what was true only in part, and he declared it to serve his own purpose of deception.) Satan's dominion was that wrested from Adam, but Adam was the vicegerent of the Creator. His was not an independent ruler.

The earth is God's, and He has committed all things to His Son. Adam was to reign subject to Christ. When Adam betrayed his sovereignty into Satan's hands, Christ still remained the rightful King.
Thus the Lord had said to King Nebuchadnezzar, "The Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will." Daniel 4:17. Satan can exercise his usurped authority only as God permits."

We need to remember at all times, that while it might appear that Satan is winning by causing soo much turmoil in the world and in the church, that Christ's death on the Cross of Calvary and His following Resurrection, Represents a complete "VICTORY for JESUS "and that He is still on His throne "and if we will come and stand under His Banner in Total Surrender of Self, we are covered by the shed blood of Jesus and are heirs of His Kingdom. We will stand on the sea glass in the heaven above and sing the song of Moses & The Lamb. 

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
So we may resist temptation, and force Satan to depart from us. Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God, and by the apostle He says to us, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:7, 8. We cannot save ourselves from the tempter's power; he has conquered humanity, and when we try to stand in our own strength, we shall become a prey to his devices; but "the name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10. Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name.  {DA 130.4}

What tremendously great news. I'm not left alone to struggle with temptations. God has promised to be there for us and bring us through victoriously when we submit to Him. The problem is we fall because we fail to look to Jesus and submit our tempted souls to Him. Why would we think that we have enough power in ourselves to resist the things our carnal natures crave. Let's hide ourselves in the One who poured out His life on Calvary that we may have life and have it more abundantly.  I'm thankful for the promise that Satan flees from us when we find refuge in the name of Jesus.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2019, 06:53:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

As I was spending time with Jesus this morning, I was struck with a thought that has deepened my hatred of sin--and that is the realization that sin brings reproach to Jesus. Often it is tempting to think of sin from our perspective--how it makes us feel. But when we see Jesus and all of His loveliness, sin becomes hateful to us because He lives in us by the Holy Spirit as we surrender our will to Him. May we ever cling to Him and not choose to sin and bring reproach to Him out of an appreciation of His love for us.

"The tempter can never compel us to do evil. He cannot control minds unless they are yielded to his control. The will must consent, faith must let go its hold upon Christ, before Satan can exercise his power upon us. But every sinful desire we cherish affords him a foothold. Every point in which we fail of meeting the divine standard is an open door by which he can enter to tempt and destroy us. And every failure or defeat on our part gives occasion for him to reproach Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 125, paragraph 2}

May Jesus abide with you as you yield your heart to Him is my prayer.

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2019, 02:05:22 PM »
"Christ's victory was as complete as had been the failure of Adam. So we may resist temptation, and force Satan to depart from us. Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God, and by the apostle He says to us, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:7, 8.

Let us ALL "REMEMBER" God is still on His throne and "Satan can exercise his usurped authority only as God permits."

"So long as we work in Christ's lines, laying hold of the arm of the Mighty One, we are safe; but just as soon as we loosen our grasp of His Mighty Arm, and begin to depend upon human beings, we are in great danger." Manuscript 96, July 7th, 1902