Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--16--In His Temple  (Read 25885 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--16--In His Temple
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2019, 08:45:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister DOrine!

Jesus ministered to so many in His life because He knew that this was the way to win hearts, and to prepare them for the future. So it is still. Many who are blessed by a kind Seventh-day Adventist will not be those who join in the persecution and universal death decree against those who love God and keep His commandments.

"At the crucifixion of Christ, those who had thus been healed did not join with the rabble throng in crying, 'Crucify Him, crucify Him.' Their sympathies were with Jesus; for they had felt His great sympathy and wonderful power. They knew Him to be their Saviour; for He had given them health of body and soul. They listened to the preaching of the apostles, and the entrance of God's word into their hearts gave them understanding. They became agents of God's mercy, and instruments of His salvation." {The Desire of Ages, page 163, paragraph 3}

Let us also become agents to bless others, and Jesus will allow many more to have that experience by a full-heart surrender of true conversion as well!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »
"The Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,--from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul."

It is easy to look back and say...How could they been so blind.!! But "We" also must ask ourselves....Is our heart temple defiled by the presence sensual passion and unholy thoughts??? Are we claiming to be God's Last Day Remnant Church when in all honest reality we are as it says in Revelation 3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked!! But Praise God, He is still sending His saving messages of mercy and grace for He says in verse 18, I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Jesus is waiting for our response but time is running out! We need to be honest and recognize our spiritual condition and surrender to His marvelous saving grace so that he can make us strong ambassadors of His soon coming kingdom and be ready to look up and say with full confidence..." Lo this is our God - He will Save Us!!
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2019, 05:55:00 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

You and I were made to be dwelt in--by God. But Satan has sought to thwart this purpose and fill the soul with lustful passions, sin, and demons so that the once beautiful image of God is marred and well-nigh obliterated. But praise God for how Jesus came to cast out the evil passions and the demons that controlled the will, thus freeing the soul to obey with a pure heart fervently all of the Ten Commandments with the simultaneous manifestation of all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

Jesus did that cleansing work in Mary Magdalene, and that was why she was so close to Jesus! May we ever fully believe in Jesus' ability to save to the uttermost! "Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils" (Mark 16:9). Jesus' cleansing of the temple was to illustrate His same power and love in what He did in Mary's life as well--and Jesus can set you free to be a dwelling place for His Holy Spirit so His heavenly angels can come and impress your heart with the glory and beauty of heavenly truth in beholding the loveliness of Jesus!

"In the cleansing of the temple, Jesus was announcing His mission as the Messiah, and entering upon His work. That temple, erected for the abode of the divine Presence, was designed to be an object lesson for Israel and for the world. From eternal ages it was God's purpose that every created being, from the bright and holy seraph to man, should be a temple for the indwelling of the Creator. Because of sin, humanity ceased to be a temple for God. Darkened and defiled by evil, the heart of man no longer revealed the glory of the Divine One. But by the incarnation of the Son of God, the purpose of Heaven is fulfilled. God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple. God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul. But the Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,--from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul. 'The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver.' Mal. 3:1-3." {The Desire of Ages, page 161, paragraph 1}

Let us invite Jesus into our hearts today for He alone can cleanse and save to the uttermost all who come unto God by Him!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2019, 06:49:24 AM »
Since the whole ritual economy was symbolical of Christ, it had no value apart from Him. When the Jews sealed their rejection of Christ by delivering Him to death, they rejected all that gave significance to the temple and its services. Its sacredness had departed. It was doomed to destruction. From that day sacrificial offerings and the service connected with them were meaningless. Like the offering of Cain, they did not express faith in the Saviour. In putting Christ to death, the Jews virtually destroyed their temple. When Christ was crucified, the inner veil of the temple was rent in twain from top to bottom, signifying that the great final sacrifice had been made, and that the system of sacrificial offerings was forever at an end.

The thought hit me this morning that it is no different today. We do not give sacrificial offerings of animals anymore but anything we do is useless and of no value apart from Christ. He must be the reason for everything we live for. As He abides in the life we will be witnesses to His cleansing and transforming power in our lives. Our hearts will be softened and touched by the needs of others that like Jesus we can not and will not pass them by.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »
Amen! It is the heart that Christ wants. In today's reading we see confirmed that God has power to cleanse the heart from sin. When does this happen? When we make a whole heart surrender to Christ. Though our sins be as scarlet, Christ will cleanse them white as snow. This is the mission of Christ.

In the cleansing of the temple, Jesus was announcing His mission as the Messiah, and entering upon His work. That temple, erected for the abode of the divine Presence, was designed to be an object lesson for Israel and for the world. From eternal ages it was God's purpose that every created being, from the bright and holy seraph to man, should be a temple for the indwelling of the Creator. Because of sin, humanity ceased to be a temple for God. Darkened and defiled by evil, the heart of man no longer revealed the glory of the Divine One. But by the incarnation of the Son of God, the purpose of Heaven is fulfilled. God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple. God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul. But the Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,--from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul. "The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver." Mal. 3:1-3.

Amen!  All who will inherit eternal life must have a heart that has been cleansed of sin. We are given a period of time, temporal life, to learn the lesson. The all important question is what must I do that my heart may be cleansed from sin? And, how can I keep it pure and undefiled? The answer is always the same. We need Christ continually. We need to be surrendered continually in order to keep the pure and holy while living in sinful fallen flesh. We must become partakers of Christ's divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). And then by feeding upon Jesus daily we will maintain our connection with Him and create a habit of clinging to Christ. This is called perfection of Christian character. The 144,000 will have learned of their continual need of Christ in order to do any good thing and to resist the temptations that come. They will not cease to look to Christ for they know in themselves they have no power to resist the smallest temptation to sin. But, through abiding in Christ and He in them they will not be tempted beyond what they can bear (1 Cor. 10:13).

Praise God for His wonderful grace towards us sinners!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2020, 04:41:47 AM »
Slowly and thoughtfully, but with hate in their hearts, they returned to the temple. But what a change had taken place during their absence! When they fled, the poor remained behind; and these were now looking to Jesus, whose countenance expressed His love and sympathy. With tears in His eyes, He said to the trembling ones around Him: Fear not; I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me. For this cause came I into the world.

The people pressed into Christ's presence with urgent, pitiful appeals: Master, bless me. His ear heard every cry. With pity exceeding that of a tender mother He bent over the suffering little ones. All received attention. Everyone was healed of whatever disease he had. The dumb opened their lips in praise; the blind beheld the face of their Restorer. The hearts of the sufferers were made glad.

What a joy this must have been for Jesus. The simple child like faith of both adults and children is heart warming. The sympathy He had for these precious souls brought Jesus to tears. No one was overlooked. There are many today who are suffering mentally, physically and spiritually who need to experience the healing touch of Jesus. He is as close to us today as He was when on earth. It is our privilege to be a coworker with God to lead souls to Christ and to do our part to bring comfort and hope to each one we meet.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2020, 05:48:14 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!!

What a blessing this Sabbath to have Jesus minister to our hearts as He serves in the sanctuary in heaven, and imparts the Holy Spirit to us as we come by faith in complete surrender to Him! He transforms us with His divine nature and lifts our thoughts to things of eternity!

"'Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.' Heb. 7:25. Though the ministration was to be removed from the earthly to the heavenly temple; though the sanctuary and our great high priest would be invisible to human sight, yet the disciples were to suffer no loss thereby. They would realize no break in their communion, and no diminution of power because of the Saviour's absence. While Jesus ministers in the sanctuary above, He is still by His Spirit the minister of the church on earth. He is withdrawn from the eye of sense, but His parting promise is fulfilled, 'Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.' Matt. 28:20. While He delegates His power to inferior ministers, His energizing presence is still with His church." {The Desire of Ages, page 166, paragraph 2}

May Christ energize you today as you behold Him in His infinite loveliness! By beholding Him we becomes transformed into His image--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in harmony with God's law of love!

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2020, 10:56:18 AM »
"The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,--from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul."

The remedy that Jesus was offering was not only Spiritual, but He also had much compassion upon the crowds of people as He beheld their Physical sufferings and as He passed through their villages He healed them all. Can you imagine a city, town, or village where there was no sickness?

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28  "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

"The burden was so heavy, one said; but I have found a helper. He is the Christ of God, and I will devote my life to His service. Parents said to their children, He has saved your life; lift up your voice and praise Him. The voices of children and youth, fathers and mothers, friends and spectators, blended in thanksgiving and praise. Hope and gladness filled their hearts. Peace came to their minds. They were restored soul and body, and they returned home, proclaiming everywhere the matchless love of Jesus."

My dear old mom taught me this little phrase and this chapter reminded me that I need to do it more often.

Count your many "Blessings"  name them one by one and it will surprise you "what the Lord Has Done."

God's word says Psalm 146...Praise ye the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul. While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."

When we have Jesus in our hearts & Lives  - We have ALL WE NEED! --- But lets not "Forget" to SHARE HIM!   

Dorine

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2020, 05:38:11 AM »
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." 1 Cor. 3:16, 17. No man can of himself cast out the evil throng that have taken possession of the heart. Only Christ can cleanse the soul temple. But He will not force an entrance. He comes not into the heart as to the temple of old; but He says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him." Rev. 3:20. He will come, not for one day merely; for He says, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; . . . and they shall be My people." "He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea." 2 Cor. 6:16; Micah 7:19. His presence will cleanse and sanctify the soul, so that it may be a holy temple unto the Lord, and "an habitation of God through the Spirit." Eph. 2:21, 22."

As I read this paragraph this morning I was reminded of the huge difference between God's part and mine. It is not my job to work on correcting my unholy traits of character. Why do we want to take on the most difficult part of our salvation when Jesus says that our part is to open the door of our hearts to Him, surrendering to Him moment by moment every day. Then He is able to set up residence and do the house cleaning. Unlike us He doesn't miss a speck. I delight in knowing that Jesus knows every detail of my life and still loves me. But that love can not save me if I am not willing to give all to Him.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2020, 07:08:10 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine! What a privilege it is to invite Jesus into our hearts and truly believe that He is able to cleanse and save us from all of our sins because by His love He has an infinitely better way for us to live! As we abide in Him through an entire heart surrender, He not only fills us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, but He gives us a yearning desire "to do His will in obedience to the Ten Commandments--a continual declaration of our dependence upon Him to do any good thing! Only Christ can write His law on our minds and hearts and refine and elevate our characters after His lovely image! What a joy it is to look upon Him by faith continually and appreciate the miracle He is working in our lives by grace through faith! Then as we testify of this miracle taking place in our lives, others will also desire to enter into this mystery of "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). What a joy it is to let the light of His love shine through us today and every day until we see Jesus come in the clouds of glory so so soon!!!!

"In the cleansing of the temple, Jesus was announcing His mission as the Messiah, and entering upon His work. That temple, erected for the abode of the divine Presence, was designed to be an object lesson for Israel and for the world. From eternal ages it was God’s purpose that every created being, from the bright and holy seraph to man, should be a temple for the indwelling of the Creator. Because of sin, humanity ceased to be a temple for God. Darkened and defiled by evil, the heart of man no longer revealed the glory of the Divine One. But by the incarnation of the Son of God, the purpose of Heaven is fulfilled. God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple. God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul. But the Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world’s buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul. 'The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver.' Malachi 3:1-3." {The Desire of Ages, page 161, paragraph 1}

Christ cleanses and saves to the uttermost. He deals with our thoughts and motives which lead to our actions. He alone has the power to go deeper into our lives than we can even comprehend. We as finite beings are in need of the infinite Savior whose love, patience and tenderness lead Him to deal graciously with us as we come and learn of Him! What rest comes to our souls as He replaces our anxious, fearful habits with His way of love and life!!! May you come to find joy in the journey that Christ has planned for you--something better than you can ask or think!!

Beacon

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2020, 07:50:51 AM »
"Slowly and thoughtfully, but with hate in their hearts, they ( the priests and rulers ) returned to the temple. But what a change had taken place during their absence! When they fled, the poor remained behind; and these were now looking to Jesus, whose countenance expressed His love and sympathy. With tears in His eyes, He said to the trembling ones around Him: Fear not; I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me. For this cause came I into the world."

"The people pressed into Christ's presence with urgent, pitiful appeals: Master, bless me. His ear heard every cry. With pity exceeding that of a tender mother He bent over the suffering little ones. All received attention. Everyone was healed of whatever disease he had. The dumb opened their lips in praise; the blind beheld the face of their Restorer. The hearts of the sufferers were made glad."

What a lesson this is for us today....It reminds me to search and seek for a closer relationship with Jesus so that I too maybe used as a TRUE AMBASSADOR for Jesus, filled with His LOVE & SYMPATHY for those around me who are drinking from broken cisterns of false worship both in the church and in the world. It reminds me of this song " Come Holy Spirit - I need Thee "

Author - Issac Watts

1 Come, Holy Spirit, heav'nly Dove,
with all Thy quickening powers;
kindle a flame of sacred love
in these cold hearts of ours.

2 O raise our thoughts from things below,
from vanities and toys,
then shall we with fresh courage to
to reach eternal joys.

3 Awake our souls to joyful songs;
let pure devotion rise,
till praise employs our thankful tongues,
and doubt forever dies.

4 Come, Holy Spirit, heav'nly Dove,
with all Thy quickening powers;
come, shed abroad a Savior's love,
and that shall kindle ours.

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2020, 01:19:06 AM »
" ..The Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world’s buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul."

The remedy that Jesus was offering was not only Spiritual, but He also had much compassion upon the crowds of people as He beheld their Physical sufferings and as He passed through their villages He healed them all. Can you imagine a city, town, or village where there was no sickness?

"The burden was so heavy, one said; but I have found a helper. He is the Christ of God, and I will devote my life to His service. Parents said to their children, He has saved your life; lift up your voice and praise Him. The voices of children and youth, fathers and mothers, friends and spectators, blended in thanksgiving and praise. Hope and gladness filled their hearts. Peace came to their minds. They were restored soul and body, and they returned home, proclaiming everywhere the matchless love of Jesus."

The people pressed into Christ's presence with urgent, pitiful appeals: Master, bless me. His ear heard every cry. With pity exceeding that of a tender mother He bent over the suffering little ones. All received attention. Everyone was healed of whatever disease he had. The dumb opened their lips in praise; the blind beheld the face of their Restorer. The hearts of the sufferers were made glad.

"So today... "We" also must ask ourselves....Is our heart temple defiled by the presence sensual passion and unholy thoughts??? Are we claiming to be God's Last Day Remnant Church when in all honest reality we are as it says in Revelation 3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked!! But Praise God, He is still sending His saving messages of mercy and grace for He says in verse 18, I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Jesus is waiting for our response but time is running out! We need to be honest and recognize our spiritual condition and surrender to His marvelous saving grace so that he can make us strong ambassadors of His soon coming kingdom and be ready to look up and say with full confidence..." Lo this is our God - He will Save Us!!"

Beacon

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2020, 01:23:37 AM »
"Because of sin, humanity ceased to be a temple for God. Darkened and defiled by evil, the heart of man no longer revealed the glory of the Divine One. But by the incarnation of the Son of God, the purpose of Heaven is fulfilled. God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple. God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul."

" ..The Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world’s buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul."

"So today... "We" also must ask ourselves....Is our heart temple defiled by the presence sensual passion and unholy thoughts??? Are we claiming to be God's Last Day Remnant Church when in all honest reality we are as it says in Revelation 3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked!! But Praise God, He is still sending His saving messages of mercy and grace for He says in verse 18, I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Jesus is waiting for our response but time is running out! We need to be honest and recognize our spiritual condition and surrender to His marvelous saving grace so that he can make us strong ambassadors of His soon coming kingdom and be ready to look up and say with full confidence..." Lo this is our God - He will Save Us!!"

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2020, 06:30:25 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

We need Jesus to abide in our hearts in order for our sins to be cast out and for His presence to keep us from returning to the path of sin and selfishness! HE IS ABLE!! Let us fully yield to Jesus so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing!!

"'Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.' Heb. 7:25. Though the ministration was to be removed from the earthly to the heavenly temple; though the sanctuary and our great high priest would be invisible to human sight, yet the disciples were to suffer no loss thereby. They would realize no break in their communion, and no diminution of power because of the Saviour's absence. While Jesus ministers in the sanctuary above, He is still by His Spirit the minister of the church on earth. He is withdrawn from the eye of sense, but His parting promise is fulfilled, 'Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.' Matt. 28:20. While He delegates His power to inferior ministers, His energizing presence is still with His church." {The Desire of Ages, page 166, paragraph 2}

Jesus will energize you with the Holy Spirit so He can work in and through you to accomplish His good pleasure! We were made of His pleasure (Revelation 4:11), and it pleases Him that we avail ourselves of His cleansing grace!! He is able to keep us from falling by the power of His word!

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2020, 05:35:44 AM »
"In cleansing the temple from the world’s buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul."

The remedy that Jesus was offering was not only Spiritual, but He also had much compassion upon the crowds of people as He beheld their Physical sufferings and as He passed through their villages He healed them all.

Can you imagine a city, town, or village where there was "no" sickness?

Jesus says to us today in the Gospel of Mathew 11: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

"The people pressed into Christ's presence with urgent, pitiful appeals: Master, bless me.

His ear heard every cry.

With pity exceeding that of a tender mother He bent over the suffering little ones. All received attention. Everyone was healed of whatever disease he had. The dumb opened their lips in praise; the blind beheld the face of their Restorer. The hearts of the sufferers were made glad."

I feel like singing -- Today's reading reminds me of the song - "WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS"  Will you join in singing it with me?

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit;
Oh, what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness

Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge
Do your friends despise, forsake you?
In his arms he’ll take and shield you;
You will find a solace there.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2020, 08:13:52 AM »
Jesus can cleanse our soul temple and make us instruments of His healing grace and redemption! There is no limit to what He can do with our lives yielded fully to Him which will manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"In the cleansing of the temple, Jesus was announcing His mission as the Messiah, and entering upon His work. That temple, erected for the abode of the divine Presence, was designed to be an object lesson for Israel and for the world. From eternal ages it was God's purpose that every created being, from the bright and holy seraph to man, should be a temple for the indwelling of the Creator. Because of sin, humanity ceased to be a temple for God. Darkened and defiled by evil, the heart of man no longer revealed the glory of the Divine One. But by the incarnation of the Son of God, the purpose of Heaven is fulfilled. God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple. God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul. But the Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul. 'The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers’ soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver.' Malachi 3:1-3." {The Desire of Ages, page 161, paragraph 1} 

God is the purifier of our lives and He invites us to abide in Him continually! Then our lives will be pure and clean with new hearts and new minds because He can remove unbelief and perform the miracle of converting us to Himself so He can mature us in His image!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2020, 10:01:19 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  There is a reason why the church remains in a Laodicean condition. The blindness has a cause. It is the same why when Jesus came to His own, they knew Him not and put Him on the cross. The truth had been perverted so that they did not know it was the love of God that would save them. So it is today. Blind ones do not understand the truth, the gospel of grace. They do not understand that it is through of knowledge of God's character of love that they are to be transformed daily. The truth has been perverted as it was when Jesus came to Israel. Teachers are teaching something other than the gospel of grace.

Christ saw that something must be done. Numerous ceremonies were enjoined upon the people without the proper instruction as to their import. The worshipers offered their sacrifices without understanding that they were typical of the only perfect Sacrifice. And among them, unrecognized and unhonored, stood the One symbolized by all their service. He had given directions in regard to the offerings. He understood their symbolical value, and He saw that they were now perverted and misunderstood.

The priests and teachers had perverted the foundation of their faith so they did not know the Lamb had to die. So it is today. The gospel has been perverted and is misunderstood. Few understand that known sin reveals a separation between God and man. Apart from God there is no salvation.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2020, 05:16:17 AM »
"At the crucifixion of Christ, those who had thus been healed did not join with the rabble throng in crying, "Crucify Him, crucify Him." Their sympathies were with Jesus; for they had felt His great sympathy and wonderful power. They knew Him to be their Saviour; for He had given them health of body and soul. They listened to the preaching of the apostles, and the entrance of God's word into their hearts gave them understanding. They became agents of God's mercy, and instruments of His salvation."

When Jesus touches the life and hearts are open to Him, nothing can cause the surrendered soul to cave in to threats of persecution or embarrassment. I thrill to read of those that stood by Him and my faith in Jesus is strengthened because of it.

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2021, 05:57:11 AM »
"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, . . . Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Heb 4:14-16.

What a blessing to live this side of the cross. Before the cross the faith of God's people were in a promise that had not been realized yet. Today it has and yet there is so little faith expressed. When reading this chapter especially the final paragraph this morning I am drawn into a more trusting and deeper communion with Jesus. May these words permeate our very beings and anchor us even deeper into Christ's love and His truth.

Philip T

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2021, 08:43:10 AM »
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." 1 Cor. 3:16, 17. No man can of himself cast out the evil throng that have taken possession of the heart. Only Christ can cleanse the soul temple. But He will not force an entrance. He comes not into the heart as to the temple of old; but He says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him." Rev. 3:20. He will come, not for one day merely; for He says, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; . . . and they shall be My people." "He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea." 2 Cor. 6:16; Micah 7:19. His presence will cleanse and sanctify the soul, so that it may be a holy temple unto the Lord, and "an habitation of God through the Spirit." Eph. 2:21, 22.

Amen Sister Dorine

This statement for this chapter struck me as to the importance of surrendering out sins and faults of character to Jesus. He wishes to dwell in us, but to do so we need to be a Holy temple, and this is only done through Him. Grace flows from Him to us, all we need to do is claim it by surrendering to Him, and opening our hearts to Him. With all of Jesus love for us, He will not force open the door to our hearts, we need to open it to Him, and the second we make this effort He will be at our sides along with the Holy Spirit to cleans, teach, and convict our hearts as we pray, read, and then share our knowledge wtih those around us.