Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--34--The Invitation  (Read 12954 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--34--The Invitation
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2022, 08:26:20 PM »
"In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest."

'The Lord says", "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3.

"Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory."

"That character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God."

"A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy."

I want to be a totally dedicated member of the " Renovated Race " How about you??

=============================

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2022, 04:07:28 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What is heaven, and when and where does it begin for us?

"As through Jesus we enter into rest, heaven begins here. We respond to His invitation, Come, learn of Me, and in thus coming we begin the life eternal. Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ. The longer we are in the heaven of bliss, the more and still more of glory will be opened to us; and the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness. As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence. All that human nature can bear, we may receive here. But what is this compared with the hereafter? There 'are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.' Revelation 7:15-17." {The Desire of Ages, page 331, paragraph 3}

While we can look forward to the LOCATION of heaven in the future, we can already be enjoying the INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP with Jesus that causes us to experience heaven's attributes of all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in the soul as we affectionately serve and obey Him from new hearts given us by grace through faith! May you let the loveliness of Jesus ever be your focus and always be who you enjoy communing with moment-by-moment!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2022, 07:59:55 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  We may have love, joy, and peace in this world......today. And when we obtain His "living water," we shall have something to give to others!

"Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory."

"That character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God."

"A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy."

Amen Brother Beacon!!  Over and over we are told that we may be transformed, reflecting the character of our Lord. While we are worthy of death because we have sinned, it is by God's grace that we may be forgiven and transformed into loving and king people. Then, because of our Lord's love and power we are worthy to enter heaven.

Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy.   
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2022, 08:16:04 PM »
"Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering..."

..."Will find peace and quietude."

"Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence."

"In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest."

"The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3."

"And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God."

=============================
"Like the woman at the well, I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy.
And then I heard my Savior speaking—
“Draw from My well that never shall run dry.”
    Fill my cup, Lord;
I lift it up Lord;
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.
Bread of Heaven, feed me till I want no more.
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.
There are millions in this world who are seeking
For pleasures earthly goods afford.
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
So my brother if the things that this world gives you
Leave hungers that won’t pass away,
My blessed Lord will come and save you
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray,

Lyrics and Music by Richard Blanchard (1925-2004)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2022, 04:50:42 AM »
"There are many whose hearts are aching under a load of care because they seek to reach the world's standard. They have chosen its service, accepted its perplexities, adopted its customs. Thus their character is marred, and their life made a weariness. In order to gratify ambition and worldly desires, they wound the conscience, and bring upon themselves an additional burden of remorse. The continual worry is wearing out the life forces. Our Lord desires them to lay aside this yoke of bondage. He invites them to accept His yoke; He says, "My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." He bids them seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and His promise is that all things needful to them for this life shall be added. Worry is blind, and cannot discern the future; but Jesus sees the end from the beginning.

If we depend on man's counsel and wisdom for life's perplexing issues we will be greatly disappointed. The last part of this quote will encourage every believing soul to trust Jesus in every situation."
In every difficulty He has His way prepared to bring relief. Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us, of which we know nothing. Those who accept the one principle of making the service and honor of God supreme will find perplexities vanish, and a plain path before their feet."

Amen.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2022, 04:54:43 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Let us take Christ at His word and experience all of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives without one missing as He empowers us to affectionately obey His law from the new heart He gives us! Let us walk even as He walked!

"Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, 'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.' Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy." {The Desire of Ages, page 331, paragraph 2}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2022, 09:15:19 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee."  Who is not loaded down with the cares of this world? Thus, who is it that needs this peace? We all have experienced this burden. This morning we see the solution, the only solution to this heavy burden. Jesus is the solution. In perfect submission is perfect peace? Do we trust Jesus with all we are and all we have?

There are many whose hearts are aching under a load of care because they seek to reach the world's standard. They have chosen its service, accepted its perplexities, adopted its customs. Thus their character is marred, and their life made a weariness. In order to gratify ambition and worldly desires, they wound the conscience, and bring upon themselves an additional burden of remorse. The continual worry is wearing out the life forces. Our Lord desires them to lay aside this yoke of bondage. He invites them to accept His yoke; He says, "My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." He bids them seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and His promise is that all things needful to them for this life shall be added. Worry is blind, and cannot discern the future; but Jesus sees the end from the beginning. In every difficulty He has His way prepared to bring relief. Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us, of which we know nothing. Those who accept the one principle of making the service and honor of God supreme will find perplexities vanish, and a plain path before their feet. 

I see that Sister Dorine posted the same quote. Such a promise. And worry indeed is blind. And Jesus sees the end from the beginning. And He has promised that ALL things work for our good if we love Him supremely.

From today's Sabbath School lesson:

“God has always tried His people in the furnace of affliction. It is in the heat of the furnace that the dross is separated from the true gold of the Christian character. Jesus watches the test; He knows what is needed to purify the precious metal, that it may reflect the radiance of His love. It is by close, testing trials that God disciplines His servants. He sees that some have powers which may be used in the advancement of His work, and He puts these persons upon trial; in His providence He brings them into positions that test their character … . He shows them their own weakness, and teaches them to lean upon Him … . Thus His object is attained. They are educated, trained, and disciplined, prepared to fulfill the grand purpose for which their powers were given them.” — Ellen G. White, Patriarchs and Prophets, pp. 129, 130.

Yes, indeed, it is not always Satan that brings us into difficult situations. God loves us and wants us to grow in our character through our tribulation.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.