Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--34--The Invitation  (Read 12953 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--34--The Invitation
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2020, 05:00:31 AM »
"He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal...

..The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3..."

"Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty.

The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer. The rest that Christ offers depends upon conditions, but these conditions are plainly specified. They are those with which all can comply. He tells us just how His rest is to be found."

What a Friend with have in Jesus --- What Stronger Guarantee could be promised - Let us reach out today with a strong measure of Faith and enter into His Rest & Peace.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2020, 08:04:22 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Rest is what everyone really wants. Peace in the soul, true happiness, and meaning in life. But people are not finding it apart from God. What the world promises will give rest apart from Christ proves to be unsatisfying and brings unhappiness in the long run. Oh, let us realize that it is sin and self that spoil our peace, and that when we are fully yielded to Christ, then peace that passes all understanding--along with all of the fruits of the Spirit with none of them missing--will be manifest in our lives so we can be truly happy in any circumstances. Christ modeled this as He went to Calvary's cross, considering it "the joy that was set before Him" (Hebrews 12:2), as it would lead to the salvation of all who would come to Him. May we also consider it true joy to face the end times before Jesus returns in light of how we can win souls to His kingdom!!

"It is the love of self that brings unrest. When we are born from above, the same mind will be in us that was in Jesus, the mind that led Him to humble Himself that we might be saved. Then we shall not be seeking the highest place. We shall desire to sit at the feet of Jesus, and learn of Him. We shall understand that the value of our work does not consist in making a show and noise in the world, and in being active and zealous in our own strength. The value of our work is in proportion to the impartation of the Holy Spirit. Trust in God brings holier qualities of mind, so that in patience we may possess our souls."{The Desire of Ages, page 330, paragraph 4}

Christ loves to heal us from ourselves, to make us into true witnesses of His character! Then the world will know that true happiness is the result of holiness, and conformity to God's will!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »
"It is the love of self that brings unrest. When we are born from above, the same mind will be in us that was in Jesus, the mind that led Him to humble Himself that we might be saved. Then we shall not be seeking the highest place. We shall desire to sit at the feet of Jesus, and learn of Him. We shall understand that the value of our work does not consist in making a show and noise in the world, and in being active and zealous in our own strength. The value of our work is in proportion to the impartation of the Holy Spirit. Trust in God brings holier qualities of mind, so that in patience we may possess our souls."
If you are restless and unable to find contentment this chapter should fill your soul with hope and comfort. May we all be found at the foot of the cross each day where we will learn the true meaning of grace and love. As we ponder His life and death we will be irresistibly drawn to Him. Our hearts will be softened and humbled as we accept His invitation to follow Him.  In Him is our place of refuge. There is no other place.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
As we ponder His life and death we will be irresistibly drawn to Him. Our hearts will be softened and humbled as we accept His invitation to follow Him.  In Him is our place of refuge. There is no other place.

Amen dear sister!!  So very simple, yet so very misunderstood.  :(    What softens the heart? What draws us to Him? Where can we find rest? "There is no other place" than in Christ! It would more then "well" to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes where He suffered and died. If we would each look upon Jesus uplifted on the cross, we would be healed, otherwise we will die. Our sins and guilt will crush all who reject the offer of Jesus to take away our sins and cleans us from all unrighteousness.

The Elder Brother of our race is by the eternal throne. He looks upon every soul who is turning his face toward Him as the Saviour. He knows by experience what are the weaknesses of humanity, what are our wants, and where lies the strength of our temptations; for He was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal. The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3. "Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer. The rest that Christ offers depends upon conditions, but these conditions are plainly specified. They are those with which all can comply. He tells us just how His rest is to be found. 

We must come to Jesus just as we are, to learn of Him who gave all that we might live!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2021, 03:46:53 AM »
Let us allow God to fulfill His will for us!

"Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, 'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.' Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy." {The Desire of Ages, page 331, paragraph 2} 

What rest comes to the soul that is fully surrendered to Christ! When Christ lives in us, the hope of glory, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing! May this be your experience today in Christ!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2021, 04:03:05 AM »
"Tenderly He bade the toiling people, "Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."     In these words Christ is speaking to every human being. Whether they know it or not, all are weary and heavy-laden. All are weighed down with burdens that only Christ can remove. The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin. If we were left to bear this burden, it would crush us. But the Sinless One has taken our place. "The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6. He has borne the burden of our guilt. He will take the load from our weary shoulders. He will give us rest. The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear. He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart."

Beautiful, comforting, peaceful words to meditate upon today. Without Christ many 'professed Christians'are wearing out their life forces. Their quality of life is mere existence for they are afraid of the consequences from trusting in Jesus. The words of this chapter should fill us with praise and gratitude to a Saviour that loves us with such tender and compassionate care. When we come to accept and know for ourselves that these words are true there is a world around us that needs to know that the invitation is for them also.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Philip T

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2021, 08:51:49 AM »
  The Elder Brother of our race is by the eternal throne. He looks upon every soul who is turning his face toward Him as the Saviour. He knows by experience what are the weaknesses of humanity, what are our wants, and where lies the strength of our temptations; for He was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal. The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3. "Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer. The rest that Christ offers depends upon conditions, but these conditions are plainly specified. They are those with which all can comply. He tells us just how His rest is to be found.

Amen Sister Dorine

The next paragraph also speaks of Gods love and care for us, I thought of King Hezekiah when under attack by the Assyrians and his reaction to the treat presented to him in a letter to him in I Kings 19:14 And Hezekiah received the letter of the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up into the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord Vs. 15 And Hezekiah prayed before the Lord...   Do we lay out our problems before the Lord as king Hezekiah did, surrendering them to God, or do we hang on to them attempting to solve them of our own way and only after failure come to the Lord, I know I have do this at times, When my mother had her stroke recently and I had to make all kinds of decision, I just stood in the emergency room and cried out to God for help. He did guide me nd I found peace. She is now recovered almost to where she was before the stroke,  I know if we will surrender our problems and sins to God, He will answer them the promise in this paragraph is the weaker and more helpless we know we are the stronger we will become in Jesus. What love he has for us.

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2021, 11:38:32 AM »
"He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal...

The Lord telleth the number of the stars; and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3..."

"Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty.

The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer. The rest that Christ offers depends upon conditions, but these conditions are plainly specified. They are those with which all can comply. He tells us just how His rest is to be found."

What a Friend with have in Jesus --- What Stronger Guarantee could be promised - Let us reach out today with a strong measure of Faith and enter into His Rest & Peace

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2021, 06:26:04 PM »
What a privilege to carry everything to Him in prayer! And if we will, then He promises He will carry our burdens and sins!!

Is your heart broken yet? If not, the day is soon coming wherein you will see your need of Jesus and then His promises will be cherished. In the meantime, continue to turn to Him, to study His character, and when you know Him intimately, your heart will melt!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2021, 06:00:50 AM »
"Tenderly He bade the toiling people, "Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. In these words Christ is speaking to every human being. Whether they know it or not, all are weary and heavy-laden."

"All are weighed down with burdens that only Christ can remove."

"The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin. If we were left to bear this burden, it would crush us. But the Sinless One has taken our place. "The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6. He has borne the burden of our guilt. He will take the load from our weary shoulders. He will give us rest. The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear. He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart."

"Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance.

"The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer.

Won't you come today and experience the Peace and Power of His Redeeming Grace?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2021, 07:16:10 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

We are invited to start experiencing heaven--NOW!! What a blessing! In surrendering the WHOLE heart to Christ, He comes into the soul to make it His abiding place by virtue of His atoning blood cleansing the soul from sin and filling our hearts and minds renewed by the Holy Spirit with love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance so not one of the traits of His divine nature is missing in our lives! And then when we are actually physically in heaven, it will only get better and better for eternity!! Let us not resist this infinite love drawing us to Himself!

"As through Jesus we enter into rest, heaven begins here. We respond to His invitation, Come, learn of Me, and in thus coming we begin the life eternal. Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ. The longer we are in the heaven of bliss, the more and still more of glory will be opened to us; and the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness. As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence. All that human nature can bear, we may receive here. But what is this compared with the hereafter? There 'are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.' Revelation 7:15-17." {The Desire of Ages, page 331, paragraph 3}

The more we appreciate the loveliness of Jesus, the more the trials of life seem insignificant in comparison to what He is offering us through continual union and communion with Himself! May you find Christ's grace and strength today to be sufficient for you to overcome even as Christ overcame by the power of the word of God, and realize His presence will kindle your faith and bring you joy and success in whatever His providence directs you to do for this day!

Philip T

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2021, 07:39:42 AM »
  "Learn of Me," says Jesus; "for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest." We are to enter the school of Christ, to learn from Him meekness and lowliness. Redemption is that process by which the soul is trained for heaven. This training means a knowledge of Christ. It means emancipation from ideas, habits, and practices that have been gained in the school of the prince of darkness. The soul must be delivered from all that is opposed to loyalty to God.

What are we to learn n the school of Christ, we are to learn to be like Him, our characters are to become like His character, we are to become humble rather than proud, we are to become meek, we are to be trained so that when Jesus comes in the clouds at the 2nd advent the only thing we take to heave with us is ready, our characters like Jesus character. It means the ways of this world are gone, and the ways of Jesus are present, we are yoked to Him and doing His work, walking in step with Christ and thus his yoke becomes a honor to wear with Him, making our world one of joy and peace.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2021, 09:54:53 AM »
Amen Brother Philip! We want to be his Witnesses today, we want to reflect his character today. And this we may do if we will spend time with him, beholding His character. For By beholding His glory, his character, we are changed into the same image (character). 2nd Corinthians 3:18.

And, the more time we spend beholding him, the better we will know him. And the more we know him, the happier we will be!  Pastor Sean has shared with us this beautiful truth.
....the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness. As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence.

Beacon

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2021, 08:05:39 PM »
All that human nature can bear, we may receive here, but what is this compared with the hereafter? "

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.' Revelation 7:15-17."

The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin. If we were left to bear this burden, it would crush us. But the Sinless One has taken our place and...

"The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6.

He has borne the burden of our guilt. He will take the load from our weary shoulders. He will give us rest. The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear. He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart."

'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.' Isaiah 26:3."

"Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God.

"A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy."

Dear Friend - Jesus has paid the price of our redemption and His heart yearns for us to accept His offer of Eternal Life -But this is a "limited" time offer..Please, say "YES" today for soon and very soon our probationary time will end!

Philip T

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2021, 06:28:02 AM »
     As through Jesus we enter into rest, heaven begins here. We respond to His invitation, Come, learn of Me, and in thus coming we begin the life eternal. Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ. The longer we are in the heaven of bliss, the more and still more of glory will be opened to us; and the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness. As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence. All that human nature can bear, we may receive here. But what is this compared with the hereafter? There "are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." Revelation 7:15-17.

This thought struck me this morning as I read this chapter, Through faith in Jesus we are saved, our sins are forgiven, our characters are refined, the path of Sanctification is begun, Eternal life does not start with Jesus return in the clouds of Glory, it begins now as we accept the unction of the Holy Spirit in our lives, surrender all to Christ, that He may finish the good works he has started in us. Life eternal starts here, now on this earth. Are we willing to start that walk today?

Dorine

« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2021, 06:27:01 AM »
"Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy."

When circumstances tempt us to take our eyes off Jesus these words bring such comfort and courage to the soul. When we allow Him to have full control of our hearts we experience peace and a trust in Him that keeps us grounded and true to Jesus. 

Beacon

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2021, 06:36:20 AM »
"Jesus knows by experience what are the weaknesses of humanity, what are our wants, and where lies the strength of our temptations; for He was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

"He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal. The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3.

"Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance."

"The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength."

Jesus has paid the price for our salvation -- but time is running out - Jesus is soon to return -- What will your answer be?  Do Not Delay -- This is a " Limited Time Offer " now is the time to turn your eyes upon Jesus!

"O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conquerors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell! "

Lyrics:Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)
Music:Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2021, 07:41:50 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

How can we be changed, truly changed?

"It is the love of self that brings unrest. When we are born from above, the same mind will be in us that was in Jesus, the mind that led Him to humble Himself that we might be saved. Then we shall not be seeking the highest place. We shall desire to sit at the feet of Jesus, and learn of Him. We shall understand that the value of our work does not consist in making a show and noise in the world, and in being active and zealous in our own strength. The value of our work is in proportion to the impartation of the Holy Spirit. Trust in God brings holier qualities of mind, so that in patience we may possess our souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 330, paragraph 4}

To be born again, or born from above, means we let Jesus fill us with the selfless presence of the Holy Sprit so all of the selfless traits of His life are manifest through us without one missing! Only a true conversion makes this possible, and a true conversion also includes ongoing growth in grace to be more like Jesus! Let us keep our eyes of faith fixed on Him as we accept His invitation today moment-by-moment: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). Are you wiling to surrender fully to Him? Jesus' way is always the best both now and for eternity!

Beacon

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2022, 08:16:32 PM »
"As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence."

"All that human nature can bear, we may receive here."

"But what is this compared with the hereafter?"

"He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." Revelation 7:15-17."

God said it...And I Belive It!! Now, How About You?? Are you willing to honor Him who gave His life for you?

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2022, 08:09:33 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  What a clear picture of what we must do in order to have peace that passeth all understanding. A whole chapter that explains how we can bring honor and glory to our God.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

Now for a whole chapter of explaining what this simple statement means. Here is one short sample:

Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy.