Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--34--The Invitation  (Read 16028 times)

Dorine and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--34--The Invitation
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2019, 06:04:28 PM »
"The great law of love revealed in Eden, proclaimed upon Sinai, and in the new covenant written in the heart, is that which binds the human worker to the will of God. If we were left to follow our own inclinations, to go just where our will would lead us, we should fall into Satan's ranks and become possessors of his attributes. Therefore God confines us to His will, which is high, and noble, and elevating. He desires that we shall patiently and wisely take up the duties of service."

When a person is chosen to be an " Ambassador " It is a very high honor and indicates that those who nominated him/her can be trusted to accurately reflect the message and standards of the ones he or she represents. The Word of God says in... 2 Corinthians 5:19-21,.

"For God was in Christ, restoring the world to himself, no longer counting men’s sins against them but blotting them out. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. We are Christ’s ambassadors. God is using us to speak to you: we beg you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, receive the love he offers you—be reconciled to God."

"The yoke of service Christ Himself has borne in humanity. He said, "I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart." Psalm 40:8. "I came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me." John 6:38. Love for God, zeal for His glory, and love for fallen humanity, brought Jesus to earth to suffer and to die. This was the controlling power of His life. This principle He bids us adopt."

What Will Be Our Response be to the Lord of Lords & King of Kings Who Has Invited us to such a Noble Calling?
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2019, 07:10:34 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Heaven begins in the soul through an entire surrender to Christ and His will, so that our hearts and minds may be transformed by divine grace! Let us trust Christ to work out His will in our lives as by faith we trust Him unreservedly!

"As through Jesus we enter into rest, heaven begins here. We respond to His invitation, Come, learn of Me, and in thus coming we begin the life eternal. Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ. The longer we are in the heaven of bliss, the more and still more of glory will be opened to us; and the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness. As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence. All that human nature can bear, we may receive here. But what is this compared with the hereafter? There 'are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.' Revelation 7:15-17." {The Desire of Ages, page 331, paragraph 3}

God has greater things for us than we can imagine--and it is all worth it! Let us press on in perseverance through beholding the loveliness of Jesus, that not only we ourselves may be in heaven, but that many more may be saved, ransomed, and drawn to the Savior!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2019, 05:17:16 PM »
"Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. ]In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy."

Jesus is still saying to us today what he said to the the future leaders of His people of Israel ...."Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." If we want to find True Meaning for our lives we must be willing to come and stand in the shadow of The Cross. If we are willing to let Jesus take Total Control of our lives, then the Words of Jesus when He was getting ready to return to His Heavenly Father will fill us with Courage, Peace and Power to be the Ambassador's that He has appointed us to be for Him. The invitation also comes with a Divine Promise as recorded in...

" In Matthew 28: 17-19 Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost and low I am with you always even till the end of the world."

Dorine

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2019, 04:14:54 AM »
  "Learn of Me," says Jesus; "for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest." We are to enter the school of Christ, to learn from Him meekness and lowliness. Redemption is that process by which the soul is trained for heaven. This training means a knowledge of Christ. It means emancipation from ideas, habits, and practices that have been gained in the school of the prince of darkness. The soul must be delivered from all that is opposed to loyalty to God.

What a contrast to what is taught in the schools of this world. Meekness and lowliness are seen as weakness. But God makes it very clear that He teaches those who come to Him how to be delivered from worldly ideas, habits and practices that opposes loyalty to Him. We are students in His school when we accept the invitation to come to the foot of the cross and learn of Him. Hearts will melt and be convicted of their great need of Christ. He takes our burdens and trials and makes them much easier to bear and we will have peace of mind and soul. There will be difficulties to face but when Jesus is in control we have joy and happiness with what ever circumstances we find ourselves in.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2019, 10:06:43 AM »
"Take My yoke upon you," Jesus says. The yoke is an instrument of service. Cattle are yoked for labor, and the yoke is essential that they may labor effectually. By this illustration Christ teaches us that we are called to service as long as life shall last. We are to take upon us His yoke, that we may be co-workers with Him.

Imagine the yoke when it is used for oxen or horses. What is its purpose? It enables the animals to work together instead of pulling in different directions. In sharing a yoke, the work is made easier for the individual animal. The load is shared. When we yoke up with Jesus, what a deal!
We still have to "pull", but imagine the power of Christ doing most of the work.  Our part is immeasurably small, His part is immeasurably large!

There is another idea presented about the yoke in today's reading. The yoke is referred to as the law of God.

The yoke that binds to service is the law of God. The great law of love revealed in Eden, proclaimed upon Sinai, and in the new covenant written in the heart, is that which binds the human worker to the will of God. If we were left to follow our own inclinations, to go just where our will would lead us, we should fall into Satan's ranks and become possessors of his attributes. Therefore God confines us to His will, which is high, and noble, and elevating. He desires that we shall patiently and wisely take up the duties of service.

I had not seen this in all of the years I have read it. Like a yoke that leads in a pointed direction, so with the law of God, it keeps us going in the right direction. When we throw off the yoke, we go in what ever direction. And we know where that leads. How much better to yoke up with Jesus. But, it is not good enough to tell one to do this. We must know how to do it. What must I do that I am yoked up with Jesus, and have His law written in my heart? What can I do that my heart will be fully given to Christ?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2019, 11:57:34 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

Brother Richard asked: "What must I do that I am yoked up with Jesus, and have His law written in my heart? What can I do that my heart will be fully given to Christ?"

Only by yielding fully the whole heart to Christ through beholding His infinite loveliness of character will we have His law written in our hearts and minds. My heart can be fully given to Christ as I see Him in His infinite purity and exchange my sinful, evil, unbelieving heart for the new heart He has promised in Ezekiel 36:26. Such a new heart He fills with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, so we find joy in ongoing union and communion with Christ!!

"There are many whose hearts are aching under a load of care because they seek to reach the world's standard. They have chosen its service, accepted its perplexities, adopted its customs. Thus their character is marred, and their life made a weariness. In order to gratify ambition and worldly desires, they wound the conscience, and bring upon themselves an additional burden of remorse. The continual worry is wearing out the life forces. Our Lord desires them to lay aside this yoke of bondage. He invites them to accept His yoke; He says, 'My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.' He bids them seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and His promise is that all things needful to them for this life shall be added. Worry is blind, and cannot discern the future; but Jesus sees the end from the beginning. In every difficulty He has His way prepared to bring relief. Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us, of which we know nothing. Those who accept the one principle of making the service and honor of God supreme will find perplexities vanish, and a plain path before their feet." {The Desire of Ages, page 330, paragraph 1}

Jesus provides what we need at each step toward heaven. He has so many ways to provide for us, and as we accept the help He gives to us and offers us in the fellowship of others who love Jesus, we also may know the joy of His salvation. Christ does not save us in a vacuum; He saves us through the agency of His church by the power of His word, and He intends that His church shall be filled with consecrated channels through whom He can work. As we experience healing from Jesus in our own lives, we in turn can extend the healing grace of Christ to others, and thus the gospel--lived and experienced--will go to the world!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2019, 02:47:28 AM »
Have you ever taken your temperature, only to find out that it was not what you thought? God desires to heal us and to set us free from the lukewarm temperature of self-love. If you want to know where your heart is at with Jesus, recognize this helpful principle:

"It is the love of self that brings unrest. When we are born from above, the same mind will be in us that was in Jesus, the mind that led Him to humble Himself that we might be saved. Then we shall not be seeking the highest place. We shall desire to sit at the feet of Jesus, and learn of Him. We shall understand that the value of our work does not consist in making a show and noise in the world, and in being active and zealous in our own strength. The value of our work is in proportion to the impartation of the Holy Spirit. Trust in God brings holier qualities of mind, so that in patience we may possess our souls." {The Desire of Ages, page 330, paragraph 4}

"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt" (Isaiah 57:20).
This is our default condition as humans in our fallen state, and we need Christ who alone can bring us rest.

In other words, if you have a lot of unrest in your soul, this is God letting you realize HOW DEEPLY you need Jesus, who alone can remove self-love by replacing it with selfless love for God and others, which always leads us to experience a healthy sense of self-respect because we are adopted into the family of God. "When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, page 676, paragraph 4} If the fruits of the Spirit are not in our lives, then we are still actuated by self-love, and thus are experiencing the unrest of soul that comes from being aligned with the ideas, habits and customs that Satan spawned when in heaven he turned his eyes off the glory of God and focused instead upon self. In ourselves and in our fallen nature, we are like dead-end lakes and broken cisterns. Of ourselves, we have not love, joy, or peace. It is only in and through Christ that we are able to ever be TRULY happy.

The devil has counterfeited God's divine fruits with selfish ones that have TEMPORARY pleasure with LONG TERM SUFFERING and DEATH. Don't buy into the trap he has planned for you. While God desires to take the unique character you have and use it for His glory, the devil wants to short-circuit your capacities and talents to be devoted to self-serving, which in the short-term may SEEM to make you feel good, but will only bring guilt, shame and remorse (and finally death) in the long-term.

Let us learn of Christ today in humility, be still and know that He is God, and let Him so deeply imbue us with His Spirit that we would rather die than commit sin against the One who loved us so much that He would leave heaven to be our Brother and Savior, culminating His selfless act of love in dying for us on the cross. Now He invites you and me to let our lives culminate in the selfless act of continual surrender of our will to Him motivated by the loveliness of His character, which thus empowers us to minister to others in His selfless way! Hallelujah!!!!

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2019, 09:37:29 AM »
"Jesus invites us to accept His yoke; He says, "My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." He bids them seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and His promise is that all things needful to them for this life shall be added. Worry is blind, and cannot discern the future; but Jesus sees the end from the beginning. In every difficulty He has His way prepared to bring relief. Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us, of which we know nothing. Those who accept the one principle of making the service and honor of God supreme will find perplexities vanish, and a plain path before their feet."

The Word of God says in Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

If you want REAL JOY...Look at it this way.....JOY means putting.... "J"esus 1st....."O"thers 2nd....."Y"ourself Last. May God help us to do so!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2019, 09:48:28 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean! What a God we serve! What a life He offers us.....here and now!

Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy.   

Who wants peace that passes all understanding while standing in the middle of the mess this world is in? Jesus offers us this.....now!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2019, 06:56:25 AM »
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."    These words of comfort were spoken to the multitude that followed Jesus. The Saviour had said that only through Himself could men receive a knowledge of God. He had spoken of His disciples as the ones to whom a knowledge of heavenly things had been given. But He left none to feel themselves shut out from His care and love. All who labor and are heavy-laden may come unto Him."

I claim this promise today for life can become very wearisome and hard if we are not linked to the One who gives us the strength and ability to handle the challenges we face. The burdens of life touch us all and without Jesus it is a heavy load to carry. Jesus has promised us rest and peace when yoked to Him. We can rejoice in the knowledge that anything we are required to endure Jesus will give us the strength we need and will pass through it with us. What a wonderful Saviour.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2020, 06:23:34 PM »
"The Elder Brother of our race is by the eternal throne. He looks upon every soul who is turning his face toward Him as the Saviour. He knows by experience what are the weaknesses of humanity, what are our wants, and where lies the strength of our temptations; for He was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

"He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal. The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet...

"He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3.

"Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer."

Who among us could ever decline such a generous, guaranteed invitation, from the King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2020, 06:14:05 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

May we choose to surrender all to Christ, motivated by His attractive loveliness of character, and experience the motives that moved Him to leave heaven to come and save us!

"The yoke that binds to service is the law of God. The great law of love revealed in Eden, proclaimed upon Sinai, and in the new covenant written in the heart, is that which binds the human worker to the will of God. If we were left to follow our own inclinations, to go just where our will would lead us, we should fall into Satan's ranks and become possessors of his attributes. Therefore God confines us to His will, which is high, and noble, and elevating. He desires that we shall patiently and wisely take up the duties of service. The yoke of service Christ Himself has borne in humanity. He said, 'I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart.' Psalm 40:8. 'I came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me.' John 6:38. Love for God, zeal for His glory, and love for fallen humanity, brought Jesus to earth to suffer and to die. This was the controlling power of His life. This principle He bids us adopt." {The Desire of Ages, page 329, paragraph 3}

This will be our experience as we learn of Him and cooperate with Christ's divine nature to be wrought in our lives as a living witness of how all of the fruits of the Spirit will be evident in us! This is because of His abiding presence in our hearts because we are one with Him by grace through faith!   

Dorine

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2020, 06:44:54 AM »
" Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. And that character which expresses the glory--character--of Christ will be received into the Paradise of God. A renovated race shall walk with Him in white, for they are worthy."   

We are so blessed to be part of the family of God. If we are burdened and worry fills our hearts then we are placing ourselves outside of God's will.  He makes it so plain that He yearns for us to surrender all to Him so that He may supernaturally dwell within us through the Holy Spirit to bring peace, joy, happiness and an urgency to share the invitation to others that are wearing out their life forces because they don't trust themselves to the King of the universe.  We are almost home. Is there anything of this world that is worth losing eternity for? NEVER.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2020, 09:15:14 PM »
Amen Sister Dorine.  Love, joy, and peace that passes all understanding are ours when we trust Jesus with all we have and all we are.

In the heart of Christ, where reigned perfect harmony with God, there was perfect peace. He was never elated by applause, nor dejected by censure or disappointment. Amid the greatest opposition and the most cruel treatment, He was still of good courage. But many who profess to be His followers have an anxious, troubled heart, because they are afraid to trust themselves with God. They do not make a complete surrender to Him; for they shrink from the consequences that such a surrender may involve. Unless they do make this surrender, they cannot find peace.   
     It is the love of self that brings unrest. When we are born from above, the same mind will be in us that was in Jesus, the mind that led Him to humble Himself that we might be saved. Then we shall not be seeking the highest place. We shall desire to sit at the feet of Jesus, and learn of Him. We shall understand that the value of our work does not consist in making a show and noise in the world, and in being active and zealous in our own strength. The value of our work is in proportion to the impartation of the Holy Spirit. Trust in God brings holier qualities of mind, so that in patience we may possess our souls. 

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2020, 06:19:12 AM »
"The Elder Brother of our race is by the eternal throne. He looks upon every soul who is turning his face toward Him as the Saviour. He knows by experience what are the weaknesses of humanity, what are our wants, and where lies the strength of our temptations; for He was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal. The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3. "Come unto Me," is His invitation. Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer. The rest that Christ offers depends upon conditions, but these conditions are plainly specified. They are those with which all can comply. He tells us just how His rest is to be found."

What a Friend with have in Jesus --- What Stronger Guarantee could be promised - Let us reach out today on this His Holy Sabbath Day, with a strong measure of Faith and enter into His Rest & Peace.

Dorine

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2020, 09:42:55 AM »
So much depth in such a short chapter. To think that heaven begins right here, right now by accepting His invitation to come to Him is spiritually exhilarating. It's not an earthly excitement that lasts for just a moment but a heavenly emotion that remains as we abide in Him.

"As through Jesus we enter into rest, heaven begins here. We respond to His invitation, Come, learn of Me, and in thus coming we begin the life eternal. Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ. The longer we are in the heaven of bliss, the more and still more of glory will be opened to us; and the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness."

And earth will grow strangely dim.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2020, 05:11:15 AM »
Amen!  We may have peace that passes all understanding if we will surrender self.

It is the love of self that brings unrest. When we are born from above, the same mind will be in us that was in Jesus, the mind that led Him to humble Himself that we might be saved. Then we shall not be seeking the highest place. We shall desire to sit at the feet of Jesus, and learn of Him. We shall understand that the value of our work does not consist in making a show and noise in the world, and in being active and zealous in our own strength. The value of our work is in proportion to the impartation of the Holy Spirit. Trust in God brings holier qualities of mind, so that in patience we may possess our souls. 

Love of self is due to not understanding who we are and that we are evil by nature. The closer we get to Jesus the more clear is our understanding of our great need of Jesus in order to do any good thing.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2020, 12:18:41 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!!

In Christ we may have His experience!

"In the heart of Christ, where reigned perfect harmony with God, there was perfect peace. He was never elated by applause, nor dejected by censure or disappointment. Amid the greatest opposition and the most cruel treatment, He was still of good courage. But many who profess to be His followers have an anxious, troubled heart, because they are afraid to trust themselves with God. They do not make a complete surrender to Him; for they shrink from the consequences that such a surrender may involve. Unless they do make this surrender, they cannot find peace." {The Desire of Ages, page 330, paragraph 3} 

As we yield fully to Christ, the peace He alone can impart, along with all of the other fruits of the Spirit, will be manifested in and through us in ever-increasing fruitfulness and maturity! What a joy to live as Christ lived in this world and be His witnesses!

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2020, 05:45:04 AM »
   "The yoke that binds to service is the law of God. The great law of love revealed in Eden, proclaimed upon Sinai, and in the new covenant written in the heart, is that which binds the human worker to the will of God. If we were left to follow our own inclinations, to go just where our will would lead us, we should fall into Satan's ranks and become possessors of his attributes. Therefore God confines us to His will, which is high, and noble, and elevating. He desires that we shall patiently and wisely take up the duties of service. The yoke of service Christ Himself has borne in humanity. He said, "I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart." Psalm 40:8. "I came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me." John 6:38. Love for God, zeal for His glory, and love for fallen humanity, brought Jesus to earth to suffer and to die. This was the controlling power of His life. This principle He bids us adopt."

God expects the highest and noblest qualities from His children on earth. It is such a humbling thought to realize the extremely high estimate He places upon each of us. But what gives me the most comfort is to know He does not leave us to find our own way. As we yoke up with Chirst our load becomes light and easy to bear and He puts within our hearts the same zeal that brought Him to earth to suffer and die. The world holds no enticement when we know Christ.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2020, 06:31:00 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!!

What a privilege it is to yield the whole heart to Christ now so He gives us the blessing of heavenly union and communion with Him by the Holy Spirit!!

"As through Jesus we enter into rest, heaven begins here. We respond to His invitation, Come, learn of Me, and in thus coming we begin the life eternal. Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ. The longer we are in the heaven of bliss, the more and still more of glory will be opened to us; and the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness. As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence. All that human nature can bear, we may receive here. But what is this compared with the hereafter? There 'are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.' Revelation 7:15-17." {The Desire of Ages, page 331, paragraph 3}

The Bible clearly shows that God desires us to experience heaven while still on earth: "That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth" (Deuteronomy 11:21). I choose to yield fully to Jesus so He may bring forth in the new heart and mind that He creates by His grace, and thus He gives me all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Will yield fully to Him, too?