Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--35--Peace Be Still  (Read 11556 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--35--Peace Be Still
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2022, 08:39:02 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon!

What storms are you going through? Are you in perfect peace through complete surrender to Jesus? If so, whatever God allows, you can face with a peace that passes all understanding through abiding in Jesus!

"When Jesus was awakened to meet the storm, He was in perfect peace. There was no trace of fear in word or look, for no fear was in His heart. But He rested not in the possession of almighty power. It was not as the 'Master of earth and sea and sky' that He reposed in quiet. That power He had laid down, and He says, 'I can of Mine own self do nothing.' John 5:30. He trusted in the Father's might. It was in faith--faith in God's love and care--that Jesus rested, and the power of that word which stilled the storm was the power of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 336, paragraph 1}

What a blessing to learn that we can do no good thing apart from Jesus, and yet when we surrender all to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we affectionately obey God from the new heart God gives us as a miracle of His grace! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2022, 08:11:05 PM »
"We must guard against undue severity toward the wrongdoer, but we must also be careful not to lose sight of the exceeding sinfulness of sin.

"There is need of showing Christlike patience and love for the erring one."

"However, there is also danger of showing so great toleration for his error that he will look upon himself as undeserving of reproof, and will reject it as uncalled for and unjust."

"He who has blunted his spiritual perceptions by sinful leniency toward those whom God condemns, will erelong commit a greater sin by severity and harshness toward those whom God approves."

We must remember at all times that we are representatives of our Lord & Saviour who said in...

Luke 6:31
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

===========================

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling—
  Calling for you and for me;
Patiently Jesus is waiting and watching—
  Watching for you and for me!
    Come home! come home!
  Ye who are weary, come home!
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
    Calling, O sinner, come home!
Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading—
  Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies—
  Mercies for you and for me?
Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing—
  Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, death-beds are coming—
  Coming for you and for me!
Oh, for the wonderful love He has promised—
  Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon—
  Pardon for you and for me!

Lyrics and Music : Will Lamartine Thompson (1847-1909)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2022, 07:51:06 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon! We we are filled with the Spirit, we will love as Jesus loves. We will want to help the wrongdoer which requires reproof in love. ]

Peace comes from abiding in Jesus and through faith believing God is omnipotent and all powerful. The disciples revealed unbelief when they faced certain death, they thought.

Absorbed in their efforts to save themselves, they had forgotten that Jesus was on board. Now, seeing their labor vain and only death before them, they remembered at whose command they had set out to cross the sea. In Jesus was their only hope. In their helplessness and despair they cried, "Master, Master!" But the dense darkness hid Him from their sight. Their voices were drowned by the roaring of the tempest, and there was no reply. Doubt and fear assailed them. Had Jesus forsaken them? Was He who had conquered disease and demons, and even death, powerless to help His disciples now? Was He unmindful of them in their distress? 

It is not good to forget God. We need to maintain our connection with Him who does not forget us!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2022, 08:01:51 PM »
"As Jesus rested by faith in the Father's care, so we are to rest in the care of our Saviour."

""If the disciples had trusted in Him, they would have been kept in peace."

"Their fear in the time of danger revealed their unbelief." 

"In their efforts to save themselves, they forgot Jesus."

"it was only when, in despair of self-dependence, they turned to Him that He could give them help."

How many of "US" have also experienced life's hardships, doubts and fears when we took our eyes off Jesus. I am very thankful that "HE " doesn't take His eyes off us and that He allows us to make a U-Turn when we realize that " Without Him We Can Do Nothing "

==============================

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conquerors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics and Music :Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2022, 03:56:26 AM »
Happy Sabbath!!

Amen, Brother Beacon!!

When every human source of help is unavailing, what a blessing that we can always turn to Jesus! May we learn to go to Him FIRST, and then we need never fear what He allows in our lives for our good and the good of others!

"As Jesus rested by faith in the Father's care, so we are to rest in the care of our Saviour. If the disciples had trusted in Him, they would have been kept in peace. Their fear in the time of danger revealed their unbelief. In their efforts to save themselves, they forgot Jesus; and it was only when, in despair of self-dependence, they turned to Him that He could give them help." {The Desire of Ages, page 336, paragraph 2}

Jesus will help all who come to Him in faith. His grace and love move us to come, and He has a thousand ways of which we know nothing to help and provide! Let us surrender the WHOLE heart to Jesus so all of the fruits of the Spirit may be manifest in our lives without one missing as Christ living in us empowers us to obey God up to the light He has shown us because He first loved us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2022, 07:00:43 AM »
"There is another spiritual lesson in this miracle of the stilling of the tempest. Every man's experience testifies to the truth of the words of Scripture, "The wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest. . . . There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked." Isaiah 57:20, 21. Sin has destroyed our peace. While self is unsubdued, we can find no rest. The masterful passions of the heart no human power can control. We are as helpless here as were the disciples to quiet the raging storm. But He who spoke peace to the billows of Galilee has spoken the word of peace for every soul. However fierce the tempest, those who turn to Jesus with the cry, "Lord, save us," will find deliverance. His grace, that reconciles the soul to God, quiets the strife of human passion, and in His love the heart is at rest. "He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they be quiet; so He bringeth them unto their desired haven." Psalm 107:29, 30. "Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." "The work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever." Romans 5:1; Isaiah 32:17.

Another reading full of blessings. Knowing Jesus brings this wonderful calm assurance that nothing takes Him by surprise so we can face our trials with peace in our hearts.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2022, 08:26:30 AM »
Amen my dear sister. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee."

Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean. There is no greater sin than "unbelief."  The only safeguard against Satan's power is found in the presence of Jesus, when He is in our heart. Then through the obedience He imparts to us, we are forming a character after His glory, His image, His character.

The encounter with the demoniacs of Gergesa had a lesson for the disciples. It showed the depths of degradation to which Satan is seeking to drag the whole human race, and the mission of Christ to set men free from his power. Those wretched beings, dwelling in the place of graves, possessed by demons, in bondage to uncontrolled passions and loathsome lusts, represent what humanity would become if given up to satanic jurisdiction. Satan's influence is constantly exerted upon men to distract the senses, control the mind for evil, and incite to violence and crime. He weakens the body, darkens the intellect, and debases the soul. Whenever men reject the Saviour's invitation, they are yielding themselves to Satan. Multitudes in every department in life, in the home, in business, and even in the church, are doing this today. It is because of this that violence and crime have overspread the earth, and moral darkness, like the pall of death, enshrouds the habitations of men. Through his specious temptations Satan leads men to worse and worse evils, till utter depravity and ruin are the result. The only safeguard against his power is found in the presence of Jesus. Before men and angels Satan has been revealed as man's enemy and destroyer; Christ, as man's friend and deliverer. His Spirit will develop in man all that will ennoble the character and dignify the nature. It will build man up for the glory of God in body and soul and spirit. "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7. He has called us "to the obtaining of the glory"--character--"of our Lord Jesus Christ;" has called us to be "conformed to the image of His Son." 2 Thessalonians 2:14; Romans 8:29.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.