Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--44-The True Sign  (Read 13248 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--44-The True Sign
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2021, 07:53:18 AM »
Praise the Lord for sincerity in serving God! Jesus can truly fill us with His true character, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we affectionately obey God's Ten Commandments in light of the present truth of the soon return of Jesus!

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. 'Father, glorify Thy name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to 'walk, even as He walked;' and 'hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' 1 John 2:6, 3." {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

May we ever realize the goodness of God that makes a genuine conversion possible! Jesus can change us from selfishness to selfless love. We can open the heart door to Him so on a moment-by-moment basis we may enjoy constant union and communion with Christ by the Holy Spirit!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2022, 08:05:22 PM »
"Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy.This change is the sign of His working."

"When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order."

"Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3

"The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls.

A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle.

In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear."

Our Daily Prayer Should Be....

"Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me."

Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2022, 03:38:01 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Let’s be sincere by keeping our eyes of faith clearly stayed upon Christ in constant surrender of our entire heart! Then He miraculously imputes His righteousness to us by giving us a new heart and imparts to us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, simultaneously empowering us to affectionate obedience to His holy law of love, the Ten Commandments!

“The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God’s glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God’s glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. ‘Father, glorify Thy name’ (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ’s life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to ‘walk, even as He walked;’ and ‘hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.’ 1 John 2:6, 3.” {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

As you go forth today in God’s plans for you, let Him work in you both to will and to do according to His good pleasure!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2022, 10:15:15 PM »
What is the "true sign"? 

The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. "Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

God looks upon the heart. It is the heart He wants. When we love our Lord God with the whole heart, then our motives will pure and holy even while living in sinful, evil, fallen flesh. Praise God for the miracle of all miracles. And He does it every day!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2022, 08:26:36 PM »
"Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy."

"This change is the sign of His working."

When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense...

When it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own...

"We may know that it is of the right order."

"Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life

He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

May our prayer today and always be...."Not I But Christ"

=======================

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2022, 05:22:14 AM »
That which led the Jews to reject the Saviour's work was the highest evidence of His divine character. The greatest significance of His miracles is seen in the fact that they were for the blessing of humanity. The highest evidence that He came from God is that His life revealed the character of God. He did the works and spoke the words of God. Such a life is the greatest of all miracles. 

When lives reflect the character of God, that is proof enough that Jesus is who He says He is and that He has the power to not only save us from past sin but to transform us and keep us from sinning. What greater sign is needed?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2022, 08:56:19 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

What is a great miracle? A consistent life in Christ that manifests all of the fruits of the Spirit in affectionate obedience to God's law of love in continual growth! Only Christ can produce this miracle in us by the Holy Spirit as we surrender the whole heart to Him, and only we can choose to resist or frustrate it from happening if we go our own way. May God keep us from sin by His grace!

"When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you.' Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son." {The Desire of Ages, page 407, paragraph 1}

Christ has come to set us free from sin, and He is still just as powerful in His love to set us free from selfishness and make us unselfish in heart and mind like Him. May we live to bless others today by His grace!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2022, 06:25:18 AM »
How evil is the man who is not abiding in Christ. We may think we are free from pride and sin, but if we are not walking in the Spirit, then we are walking in the flesh and serving Satan and sin. How deceptive is sin!  But, thanks be to God for His wonderful Gift of His Son that we might be delivered from selfishness and sin!

Among the followers of our Lord today, as of old, how widespread is this subtle, deceptive sin! How often our service to Christ, our communion with one another, is marred by the secret desire to exalt self! How ready the thought of self-gratulation, and the longing for human approval! It is the love of self, the desire for an easier way than God has appointed that leads to the substitution of human theories and traditions for the divine precepts. To His own disciples the warning words of Christ are spoken, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees."
     The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. "Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2022, 04:49:10 AM »
What is religion? It is the way we relate to God, and only the way Christ related to God in total surrender and joyful service is TRUE RELIGION! Such an experience is filled with genuine happiness, for it flows from being in the happy presence of our holy God! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are the supernatural result of having Christ in us by living faith surrender to Him of the whole heart, mind and will so He can do His will through us as we are empowered to cooperate with Him in affectionate obedience to all of the heavenly light shining on our pathway!

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. 'Father, glorify Thy name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to 'walk, even as He walked;' and 'hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' 1 John 2:6, 3." {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

May you today let Christ be ALL to you, for He is well able to qualify us to serve not just in this life, but in the life to come!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2022, 05:56:29 AM »
Amen my dear brother! We live to glorify our Lord. All who are filled with the Holy Spirit will reveal the fruits of the Spirit and thus glorify God. A good tree cannot help but glorify God, there is no bad fruit on a good tree, no matter who teaches otherwise. Conversion brings forth a new life where there is  no known sin. It is true that one may allow his mind to wander away from Jesus. What happens then? We end up in the water just as did Peter when his eyes turned back to his friends still in the boat. We do not believe in once saved always saved. Moses sinned and as a result God laid him to rest that none could say, "even Moses sinned." Never do we hear this from the false teachers.

Where is Jesus when we sin? Where was Jesus when Peter sinned? Jesus does not forsake us, He came to save us, even if we sin after conversion. I say this not to lead you to sin, but to encourage you that if you sin, we still have an Advocate, Jesus Christ who stands at the door of your heart wanting back in. Soon, Jesus will throw down His censor. Why? Because there will be no more forgiveness of sin. He will have finished His work in the sanctuary. There will be no more forgiveness extended to the sinner. He who is holy will remain holy and he who sins will forever remain filthy.  The new birth does not guarantee salvation. We must die to self daily as Paul taught. "I die daily." Each day God's grace taken into the heart produces a new heart which is a heart cleansed whiter than snow. Be aware of the Pharisees and Sadducees  who teach otherwise.

When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son. 

It is so very sad to listen to teachers who teach otherwise. Today, there are those who tell us about the character of the 144,000, but deny that we can be transformed today, that Christ "imparts" His character to us today. The change in character at conversion is God's greatest miracle!! Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. It is imparted to us when we love the Lord our God  with the whole heart.

Beacon

« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2022, 06:34:44 AM »
"Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy."

"This change is the sign of His working."

"When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order."

"Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28)

"This was the keynote of Christ's life."

"If we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life."

"He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3."

Dear Friend in Christ --- We must ask ourselves...."Are we willing  to "WALK THE TALK? "  Is Jesus the KEYNOTE OF "OUR LIFE, Your's and Mine?

=======================

When we walk with the Lord
  In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way;
  While we do His good will,
  He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
    Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
  But to trust and obey.
Not a shadow can rise,