Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--44-The True Sign  (Read 16583 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--44-The True Sign
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2019, 10:38:54 AM »
"Even the disciples, though outwardly they had left all for Jesus' sake, had not in heart ceased to seek great things for themselves. It was this spirit that prompted the strife as to who should be greatest. It was this that came between them and Christ, making them so little in sympathy with His mission of self-sacrifice, so slow to comprehend the mystery of redemption. As leaven, if left to complete its work, will cause corruption and decay, so does the self-seeking spirit, cherished, work the defilement and ruin of the soul."

The hardest battle to be fought is the one where self is put completely aside. I can't do that by myself but I can choose to allow Jesus to take control of my will so that I will be dead to self but alive in Jesus. Then there is joy, peace, contentment and love in whatever circumstance I find myself in.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2019, 07:44:46 PM »
"The scribes and Pharisees were insinuating deceptive principles. They concealed the real tendency of their doctrines, and improved every occasion to instill them artfully into the minds of their hearers. These false principles, when once accepted, worked like leaven in the meal, permeating and transforming the character. It was this deceptive teaching that made it so hard for the people to receive the words of Christ."

What does Jesus say is the answer to this problem??  John 8:31-33 "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

"The same influences are working today through those who try to explain the law of God in such a way as to make it conform to their practices. This class do not attack the law openly, but put forward speculative theories that undermine its principles. They explain it so as to destroy its force.The hypocrisy of the Pharisees was the product of self-seeking. The glorification of themselves was the object of their lives. It was this that led them to pervert and misapply the Scriptures, and blinded them to the purpose of Christ's mission. This subtle evil even the disciples of Christ were in danger of cherishing."

Jesus issued a warning which is still very applicable to our time....Matthew 7:14-16 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it,Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2019, 05:47:08 AM »
"The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son."

As I read this again this morning I realized how powerful these words are. How many times have I tried to live a Christian life apart from Christ. How many are doing the same thing? Why? It is the hardest and most discouraging condition to be in. As our reading today reveals; it's the consistent life in Christ that reveals His great miracle working power. No wonder we are losing our youth and adult members. Hypocrisy is a deadly stumbling block to those who are weak in the faith. May we each day grow consistently in our walk with Christ by spending that hour each day with Him in humble, committed service. When we do that Christ's grace banishes all the self-seeking and hypocrisy from our lives. By God's grace I will be a true witness for Him each and every day. At the same time I know that if I do fall He is ever ready to pick me up and set my feet on the right path when I come to Him in confession and surrender. Praise God!
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2019, 09:10:43 AM »
Amen, dear Sister. It is the Holy Spirit that opens our minds to the truth as we read that we might know God and His will that we may serve Him. Not knowing this makes it harder. As Brother Beacon has shared, false teaching is a serious problem that makes it hard to understand the truth. "These false principles, when once accepted, worked like leaven in the meal, permeating and transforming the character. It was this deceptive teaching that made it so hard for the people to receive the words of Christ."

Yet, we allow false teaching to continue unabated in the church. Paul stated a warning. "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:8,9.

The gospel is not hard to understand unless one does not want to know it, or they have been deceived by false teachers. Those seeking truth will study the subject when faced with contradictory teaching if they are in a converted state. In a Laodicean church, this does not happen very often. So those teaching the gospel truth are often disrupting the peace of the unconverted.

Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26.

Here we read of an important truth that many do not understand. The Holy Spirit speaks to the unconverted. He is the One who reveals grace to the sinner, otherwise none would be saved, transformed in character. But, to those who accept the grace into their hearts, the Holy Spirit does not remain outside the heart. He comes into the heart and takes possession of it as long as He is wanted. The new heart comes with the Holy Spirit that Jesus says "I will put within you." This is literal, not a figure of speech.

As long as the Holy Spirit is within, we will manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one will be missing. Such a miracle!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2019, 09:25:41 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard!

True sincerity--the desire for God to be glorified and for His will to be done above our own, is beyond our own power to accomplish. By nature we are selfish and evil, and yet if we have some knowledge of God, we know that this cannot be seen in the open, so hypocrisy is that "fly under the radar" attempt to be seen as Christian while still retaining my way over God's way. But all this can supernaturally change when we behold the loveliness of Jesus, see our sin for what it is, come to hate it, and turn to Him in FULL SURRENDER so He can give us a new heart and a new mind imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing. We need this not just at the beginning of the Christian experience, but every single moment! Hence, we are to keep Jesus ever before us that we will not be moved back to a state of selfishness and insincerity. Oh, may we more deeply feel how deep our CONTINUAL NEED of Jesus is!

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. 'Father, glorify Thy name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to 'walk, even as He walked;' and 'hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' 1 John 2:6, 3." {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

May we walk with Jesus step by step towards our heavenly mission post of service, as our willingness to be anything or nothing in this short life for Him as His providence indicates for us enables God to use us in the winning of souls who are looking for "something better" than a mere profession of Christianity. What the world needs now is God's love wrought out in loving, lovable Christians who reflect Christ in character from one degree of glory to the next--ever onward in light that shines in the face of Jesus Christ and is reflected in all who love Him with the whole heart!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
"When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son."

What an awesome privilege God has entrusted us with! Will we be as faithful as the two demoniac's who after being healed by Jesus and were appointed as the first two missionaries to their home territory went everywhere telling others " What Jesus had done for them." and what a great harvest took place when Jesus came back to that area. If we have accepted Jesus as our Saviour and are faithful in our daily witness to those around us, will we not also see a great harvest when Jesus comes to take us home? Is not the instruction given by Jesus the same for us today?

Matthew 28:18  -- 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Dorine

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2019, 06:38:14 AM »
The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. "Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

How Jesus yearned for all to understand this. Selfishness and hypocrisy are never satisfied. They are always inventing ways for self glorification. But it's only momentary and never enough. Jesus offers a life of joy, peace and contentment when we walk as He walked. The contrast will be vivid in our own lives when we accept the free offer of a new life in Jesus. Praise God!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2019, 08:37:56 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

May we experience the greatest miracle--a consistent life in Christ by realizing our continual need of Jesus to abide in our hearts by faith!

"When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you.' Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son." {The Desire of Ages, page 407, paragraph 1}

Only by the working of the Holy Spirit in us moment-by-moment is this miracle possible, and only by His grace and power may it be sustained. Let us look upon Jesus continually and pray for His continual guidance to be His witnesses!   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2019, 06:59:06 PM »
"Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you.' Ezekiel 36:26."

God invites "Everyone" to come and experience the True Freedom that He is offering through Jesus the One who left Heaven and came to rescue you & I from the clutches of Sin & Sorrow, Death & Pain. If you have never said YES to Jesus I invite you to do so today. All Heaven will rejoice and you will find Forgiveness and Peace. What better way could we say " MERRY CHRISTMAS TO JESUS! It's your choice!!

John 10:10 Says....   I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2019, 08:36:49 AM »
Amen brother Beacon! We can thrill the heart of our savior Jesus Christ. We can be his reward for all of his suffering and death. I also was impressed with the thought you shared from today's reading. Genesis 315 is the promise being spoken of in today's reading. We have no enmity towards Satan and sin until we are converted. When we give our whole heart to God then we have enmity towards Satan and sin. Our natural heart is aligned with Satan and sin. We come into this world at enmity with God. Before conversion we are evil and can do no good thing. We need a transformation of character, we need a new heart.

The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son.

A new heart is really a new heart, it is the result of knowing God and allowing Him to take possession of the whole heart. Then the Holy Spirit cleanses the natural heart and makes it whiter than snow.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2019, 09:23:31 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

A true Merry Christmas to you all, that we may allow Jesus to do in us what only He can do--give us converted hearts! Let us yield the whole heart to Him as the gift He paid His blood for on Calvary!

"When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you.' Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son." {The Desire of Ages, page 407, paragraph 1}

Jesus came to give us the greatest gift of all--the gift of a consistent, godly life that He Himself lived, and thus offering Himself for us promises to live in us by the same promises that enabled Him to overcome as we also are invited and called to overcome!

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »
"Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled."

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26.

"The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son."

My Father is omnipotent
And that you can’t deny;
A God of might and miracles;
'Tis written in the sky.

Chorus
It took a miracle to put the stars in place;
It took a miracle to hang the world in space.
But when He saved my soul,
Cleansed and made me whole,
It took a miracle of love and grace!

Though here His glory has been shown,
We still can’t fully see
The wonders of His might, His throne;
'Till eternity.

Chorus

The Bible tells us of His power
And wisdom all way through;
And every little bird and flower
Are testimonies too.

Chorus

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2020, 04:23:59 AM »
Character is a greater sign than things we might see in the sky, or miracles that are not necessary for true faith. Christ's character in our lives is a great miracle when it is lived out consistently, and we can be so thankful that He is willing to do the NEEDED miracle of conversion in our hearts each day as we yield fully to Him the heart, mind and will to be renewed in the image of His loveliness. The result of such a conversion is that all of the fruits of the Spirit are manifest without one missing in our lives and we gladly obey in affectionate obedience all of the law of God that we understand at that point in our experience with Christ. Oh, let us rejoice that the greatest miracle--of breaking from Satan's power and becoming Christ's fully, is possible for each of us in Him!!

May the miracle of Christ's converting power bless you this Sabbath! Just yesterday I had a Bible study and the little boy said, "I want to be converted!" And that is a greater miracle than walking on water or multiplying loaves of bread. When our hearts desire AND receive the gift of conversion, we are seeing why Jesus came from heaven to earth--it was to do the heart miracles that apart from Him are impossible, but with Him ALL THINGS are possible!!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2020, 05:16:48 AM »
"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. "Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3."

Inspiration makes God's word so clear that it's like looking into a mirror. Two people can look into the same mirror but see different defects from the other. One person breaks the mirror so they can forget what they saw and feel OK. The other immediately washes their face and it shines clean without a mark. They don't see the condition of their face without the mirror but everyone else can. Spiritually speaking it will be obvious who is clean and who is not because one will have all the fruits of the Spirit without one missing and the other will not. By examining ourselves by the commandments of God and the whole bible it will be revealed to us the things God is desiring to change in us to bring us into harmony with Him. Isn't God wonderful! He will not leave us to wallow in our sins for He loves us too much.

Dorine

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2020, 04:43:16 AM »
"The hypocrisy of the Pharisees was the product of self-seeking. The glorification of themselves was the object of their lives. It was this that led them to pervert and misapply the Scriptures, and blinded them to the purpose of Christ's mission.......Even the disciples, though outwardly they had left all for Jesus' sake, had not in heart ceased to seek great things for themselves. It was this spirit that prompted the strife as to who should be greatest. It was this that came between them and Christ, making them so little in sympathy with His mission of self-sacrifice, so slow to comprehend the mystery of redemption. As leaven, if left to complete its work, will cause corruption and decay, so does the self-seeking spirit, cherished, work the defilement and ruin of the soul."

As I take stock of my own understanding and motives I am encouraged to know that Jesus never leaves us or forsakes us even when we are slow to comprehend. As we grow in God's grace each day he gives us just what we need when we need it. We may not always understand but trusting in Him we will willingly and cheerfully accept His leading and follow. With worldly influences all around us we are in danger of the same things the disciples were. Self-seeking. We find it in the world and in the church. But it will not be found in the heart of one who is abiding in Christ.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2020, 04:49:02 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine! What a blessing to have Jesus' motive of self-abnegation implanted in our hearts to win souls for His glory!

Jesus gives us true motives! He implants a new heart and a new mind in us when we surrender unreservedly to Him! Only as we learn of Christ daily do we experience the joy of true conversion in which all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are seen in our lives!

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. 'Father, glorify Thy name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to 'walk, even as He walked;' and 'hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' 1 John 2:6, 3." {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

Let us walk as Jesus did by having Him in our hearts!

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2020, 06:40:00 AM »
 "Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth."

You may feel soo unworthy. Your life may be filled with a record of many doubts and disappointments, You may feel there is no hope for you. But Jesus said " He came to seek and save the lost." Luke 19:10

In the story of the prodical son as recorded in Luke 15 the Bible record says in verses 20 -24.  20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

So it is my privilege today to invite you to come as you are to the foot of the cross and find forgiveness, peace, and the true purpose and joy in surrendering your life to Jesus and to enter into His rest.

The Bible says in Matthew 11:28, 29 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

In a world spinning at great speed towards it's final climax in the battle between good and evil - between Christ & Satan I urge you not to delay, do not believe the lie's of Satan that you still have lots of time, but come while the door of mercy and grace is still open.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2020, 08:07:08 AM »
Amen, amen, and amen!! Self is evil and must die. There is only one power in the universe that can work this the greatest of all miracles! Grace! It is more than a word, it is the power that kills self and turns sinners into saints.

When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son. 

Amen!! And when the world sees you sanctified (made holy) it will know there is a God in heaven that can reveal a difference between those who love God and those who do not (Eze. 36:22-37).

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2020, 06:36:22 PM »
""Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth.."

Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you.' Ezekiel 36:26."

God invites "Everyone" to come and experience the True Freedom that He is offering through Jesus the One who left Heaven and came to rescue you & I from the clutches of Sin & Sorrow, Death & Pain. If you have never said YES to Jesus I invite you to do so today. All Heaven will rejoice and you will find Forgiveness and Peace. What better way could we say " THANK YOU TO JESUS! But It's your choice!! Would you like to experience the Joy - Peace - Love that comes by surrendering your life to Him? Jesus says to each one of us as recorded in John 10:10...

" I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Dorine

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2020, 05:14:19 AM »
"When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son."

Each morning I pray for a new heart, a heart like Jesus so that I may testify to the miracle working power of His grace to transform and save all who will come to Him in full surrender. I feel an urgency to spend more time getting to know my Jesus and to share His love to all who will listen. Time is short. Very short. May our hearts burn within us to do what we can to help finish the work and hasten our Lord's return.