Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--44-The True Sign  (Read 16581 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--44-The True Sign
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2020, 07:02:57 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

What unity we find in complete surrender to Christ!

"When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you.' Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son." {The Desire of Ages, page 407, paragraph 1}

Let us allow the great miracle of conversion not only to be our experience, but let us also invite others to yield unreservedly to Christ who alone has power to save all of us FULLY from sin and self to make us partakers of the divine nature whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest through our lives without one missing! The miracle of conversion is such a blessing and there will be many who will come to Christ just before Jesus returns in power and great glory!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2020, 05:03:11 AM »
Many today do not believe the Bible is a revelation of a powerful God that create all things. How is it that unbelievers can come to understand there is a great Creator God? There is a true sign that God wants the world to see. What is that "true sign"?

When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son. 

You and I are that sign, or we are to be that sign. "The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour."   As a people we are not what we ought to be. But, God is pouring clean water upon His people that will reveal to the heathen that there is a powerful God that does transform sinners into saints. "And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you." Ezekiel 36:23,25.

Let none say that God cannot or will not cleanse His church. Not all presently in it will be cleansed, but God will have a church that keeps His commandments, then He can put an end to sin and suffering.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2020, 05:45:32 AM »
"Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God."

"When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled,

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26.

"The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls.

In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear.

This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son."

May our song ever be --- "Fill My Cup Lord...

"Like the woman at the well, I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy.
And then I heard my Savior speaking—
“Draw from My well that never shall run dry.”

Fill my cup, Lord;
I lift it up Lord;
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.
Bread of Heaven, feed me till I want no more.
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.
There are millions in this world who are seeking
For pleasures earthly goods afford.
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
So my brother if the things that this world gives you
Leave hungers that won’t pass away,
My blessed Lord will come and save you
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray—
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2020, 07:16:29 AM »
Where do we get zeal? It is the fruit of the repentance Christ gives us! "Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins" (Acts 5:31). And to His last-day people, Christ pleads: "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:19-20).

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. 'Father, glorify Thy name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to 'walk, even as He walked;' and 'hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' 1 John 2:6, 3." {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

To walk as Jesus walked means that we will go about doing good--whether in-person or in a virtual format--manifesting His true character of heartfelt, affectionate obedience that is manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in the life! Let us look up by faith to Christ in the heavenly sanctuary as our High Priest who is able to finish what He started in our lives as by grace through faith we experience His infinite gift of salvation!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2020, 09:30:26 AM »
Among the followers of our Lord today, as of old, how widespread is this subtle, deceptive sin! How often our service to Christ, our communion with one another, is marred by the secret desire to exalt self! How ready the thought of self-gratulation, and the longing for human approval! It is the love of self, the desire for an easier way than God has appointed that leads to the substitution of human theories and traditions for the divine precepts. To His own disciples the warning words of Christ are spoken, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees."

I long for a heart that is pure and sincere. God promises to us that when we give ourselves completely to Him, spending time with Him through study and prayer that He will finish the work He has begun in us. I take great hope and courage in that promise. May our motives in serving God be free of the leaven of selfishness.
I have taken up the task once again of putting scripture to memory. Oh this old brain is slow at retaining but I am being deliberate in this exercise and God is blessing. I heard someone say recently that we use only about 10% of our brain. Wow! just think what good God could do if we put forth the effort of exercising the part we don't use. I don't know about anyone else but there are times that my brain actually 'hurt's' when I push myself into areas I am not familiar with but maybe with God's help there's hope for this old senior if I persevere.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2021, 08:04:52 PM »
" That which led the Jews to reject the Saviour's work was the highest evidence of His divine character. The greatest significance of His miracles is seen in the fact that they were for the blessing of humanity.

"The highest evidence that He came from God is that His life revealed the character of God.'

'He did the works and spoke the words of God. Such a life is the greatest of all miracles."

"The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear it.

May our lives be filled "ALL" the Gifts of the Holy Spirit without one missing so that "ALL" will be attracted to Jesus and surrender to Him.

Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Dorine

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2021, 05:47:49 AM »
"When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son.

May our lives be a witness to the power of the Holy Spirit that changes hearts and lives.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2021, 07:40:24 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

What is sincerity? The religion of Christ is a revelation of true sincerity in action. He knew His Father's will, He loved fallen humanity, and He did exactly what the word of God said He would do. Jesus was in earnest and He is willing to live out that very same sincere faith in us so that as we look to Him in His loveliness, yield the whole heart to Him, and let Him cleanse us from our sins by His atoning blood, we may become partakers of the divine nature and live victorious lives in Christ manifesting all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Then obedience to God is our joy because Christ is working in and through us to fulfill His divine mission to reveal His character to this world and to the onlooking universe!

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. 'Father, glorify Thy name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to 'walk, even as He walked;' and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3." {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

May the very experience of Jesus in each of our unique contexts be manifest today as we look above our difficulties and keep our eyes fixed on Jesus whose love never fails!

Philip T

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2021, 08:27:28 AM »
  The hypocrisy of the Pharisees was the product of self-seeking. The glorification of themselves was the object of their lives. It was this that led them to pervert and misapply the Scriptures, and blinded them to the purpose of Christ's mission. This subtle evil even the disciples of Christ were in danger of cherishing. Those who classed themselves with the followers of Jesus, but who had not left all in order to become His disciples, were influenced in a great degree by the reasoning of the Pharisees. They were often vacillating between faith and unbelief, and they did not discern the treasures of wisdom hidden in Christ. Even the disciples, though outwardly they had left all for Jesus' sake, had not in heart ceased to seek great things for themselves.  was this spirit that prompted the strife as to who should be greatest. It was this that came between them and Christ, making them so little in sympathy with His mission of self-sacrifice, so slow to comprehend the mystery of redemption. As leaven, if left to complete its work, will cause corruption and decay, so does the self-seeking spirit, cherished, work the defilement and ruin of the soul.

When self praise, self-importance is left in our lives, we do not commit ourselves 100% to Christ, letting his Holy Spirit in to work the transformation of God, that we find difficulty in understanding, and can be led to believe some other truth professed to come from the scripture or God. The only way to be truly transformed is to let go of self, follow Jesus example of humility. Jesus stooping to come to this world for us to have eternal life.

Beacon

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2021, 08:03:49 PM »
"Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth.

"Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled,"

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26.

"The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear."

I pray that we all will respond in a positive manner to the open invitation of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit be imbued with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit without one missing thereby testifying to the power of His life changing forgiveness & grace.

This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son.

Philip T

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2021, 05:53:14 AM »
  The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. "Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

Jesus humbled himself to become human, was humble through his life of earther, always sought to glorify His Father, we need to follow Jesus example and humble ourselves, and seek to glorify Jesus and His Father in all we do.  This can only be done by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within us, then God can transform our lives,.  As long as Pride, self has a seat in our lives we cannot reach this state. Pride of self needs to be surrendered to God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2021, 07:15:49 AM »
Amen dear brothers!! I see the very same subject using different words. It is the all important subject that Satan has perverted to deceive a multitude.

The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. "Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

"Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth.

Amen!! The Bible tells us we are saved (transformed and fit for heaven) by grace. The power of God's grace is that power which transforms sinners into saints. Self is conquered and the Holy Spirit brings into the life all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one is missing. This is the greatest of all miracles! What is the everlasting covenant? We see it fulfilled in the very words God spoke in the hearing of Adam and Eve: "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed..." Genesis 3:15. It is the grace of God that allows God to implant this hatred toward Satan. When His grace is allowed by the sinner into his heart, then this enmity will be implanted into the heart.

That which led the Jews to reject the Saviour's work was the highest evidence of His divine character. The greatest significance of His miracles is seen in the fact that they were for the blessing of humanity. The highest evidence that He came from God is that His life revealed the character of God. He did the works and spoke the words of God. Such a life is the greatest of all miracles.   

Bother Brother Philip and Brother Beacon have presented what we call conversion, or as Jesus said to Nicodemus, the new birth, born of the Spirit. Such a blessing to again see unity of Spirit and doctrine! This is a small taste of what the church will soon be. God is pouring clean water upon His church (Ezekiel 36: 25).
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2021, 11:11:03 AM »
" The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. "Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

We should see the changes in our own attitudes when we have allowed the Holy Spirit to do His work in our lives. We will recognize that our earthly thoughts and desires will be changed to high and noble heights by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We don't need to understand it we just need to believe it because our gracious heavenly Father says so.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2021, 06:53:42 AM »
Amen, Brothers Beacon, Philip and Richard! Amen, Sister Dorine!

What a miracle Jesus offers us in true conversion! What is sincerity? It is full-heart surrender to what God says motivated by the love of Christ!

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working." {The Desire of Ages, page 309, paragraph 409, paragraph 3}

May we look upon Jesus the perfect Savior and Example of consistent sincerity in His life to seek and save the lost. All we have and are is a gift from Him, and to be blessed in the way He chooses for us is a true gift from God! The heart renewed by the Holy Spirit will manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we gladly obey the law of God from the heart living up to all the light of His character that He has revealed to us!

Beacon

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2021, 05:41:28 AM »
"Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God."

"When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth."

"Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "

The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls.

The Big Question is....What do others see and hear when they associate with us.?

Dorine

« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2021, 06:11:47 AM »
"The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son."

This is the true sign. We can not change our hearts. Only the Holy Spirit can do that. We may show an outward change for awhile but eventually the true spirit will be revealed. Reflecting the character of Jesus all the fruits of the Spirit will be seen. Not one can be missing. The Holy Spirit doesn't do a partial job. It will be thorough and complete at each stage of our walk with Jesus. Let's cling to Him today that we may be true witnesses of His character.

Philip T

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2021, 09:28:20 AM »
Among the followers of our Lord today, as of old, how widespread is this subtle, deceptive sin! How often our service to Christ, our communion with one another, is marred by the secret desire to exalt self! How ready the thought of self-gratulation, and the longing for human approval! It is the love of self, the desire for an easier way than God has appointed that leads to the substitution of human theories and traditions for the divine precepts. To His own disciples the warning words of Christ are spoken, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees."

We see this in the prayer of the publican and the Pharisee in the temple, one falling on his knee's and pouring out his heart to God,. realizing his need and degraded state, and the other proud and lifting himself up, unaware of his need. We need to give God all the glory, not lifting self up. This reminds me of a story about Charles Spurgeon the great English Evangelist. After one of his sermons, he was approached by a lady, who thanked him and told him how powerful his sermon was, and how talented he was to present it such. He looked at the lady and his reply to her was "So the devil tells me every day." His point being he could only do it with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The temptation was there to take God's glory to himself; but he would not. This needs to be our attitude as well, surrender all to God, and give him the glory, as Jesus always gave the glory to his Father.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »
Praise the Lord for all these blessed posts from our Remnant family!!!

A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle.

Dorine

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2021, 05:28:46 AM »
  "Jesus went up into a mountain, and there the multitude flocked to Him, bringing their sick and lame, and laying them at His feet. He healed them all; and the people, heathen as they were, glorified the God of Israel. For three days they continued to throng about the Saviour, sleeping at night in the open air, and through the day pressing eagerly to hear the words of Christ, and to see His works. At the end of three days their food was spent. Jesus would not send them away hungry, and He called upon His disciples to give them food. Again the disciples revealed their unbelief. At Bethsaida they had seen how, with Christ's blessing, their little store availed for the feeding of the multitude; yet they did not now bring forward their all, trusting His power to multiply it for the hungry crowds. Moreover, those whom He fed at Bethsaida were Jews; these were Gentiles and heathen. Jewish prejudice was still strong in the hearts of the disciples, and they answered Jesus, "Whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness?" But obedient to His word they brought Him what they had,--seven loaves and two fishes. The multitude were fed, seven large baskets of fragments remaining. Four thousand men, besides women and children, were thus refreshed, and Jesus sent them away with glad and grateful hearts."

I want to praise my Saviour this morning as I realize the magnitude of this miracle. There could have been as many as 12,000 people on that mountainside. All that needed healing were healed. They must have taken sack lunches with them because it says that after 3 days the food ran out. Then Jesus did the unimaginable by taking the seven loaves of bread and two fishes and dealt it out until everyone was fed and there remained 7 baskets full. It thrills my soul to think of this and to know this same Jesus still lives and cares for all who come to Him for help. May our hearts be full of praise and gratitude to the God of heaven, our creator and redeemer, trusting Him completely to care for our every need. Do we still need another sign of who Jesus is? I know in whom I believe and am truly satisfied that He is the Son of God.

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2021, 06:22:35 AM »
"Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy.This change is the sign of His working."

"When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order."

"Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3.

Let us remember that our mission has been and always should be...

"TO LIFE UP JESUS TO OTHERS"

The words of this song by Mrs.Ada A. Whiddington are a true reflection of the message for today....

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)