Author Topic: Live Eagle Cam  (Read 75088 times)

colporteur

Re: Live Eagle Cam
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 09:50:12 AM »
How can we tell the female from the male?

It is not always easy to tell especially from a distance. Often the female is larger.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 07:51:37 AM »
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 01:21:52 PM »
I've seen both eagles several times today. One time there was only one but when I switched to the "approach cam" you could the other one was sitting on a branch near by.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 05:13:48 AM »
One of the eagles is eating breakfast in the nest this morning. Too late to know what it was and one just flew in a huge stick to add to the nest. Not sure how it flew it in there without it getting caught on the tree.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

colporteur

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »

Ellie is on the nest right now eating something. I always get in on the tail end of the meal so am not able to tell what they are eating. So far I have always seen Ellie in the nest eating. She appears substantially larger than Edward. He seems to usually be on the fringe somewhere. My daughter and I decided they need better names than 1 and 2.  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »
Now we can say "he" and "she".   And, Ed and Ellie ought to be proud to have the eagles share their names.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 08:57:06 AM »
They can call their nest  "The Double EE"  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »
There is no safety in taking our eyes off of Christ. And, neither is the eagles food safe when they take their eyes off of their nest. Just a minute ago a thief made off with the booty. Not sure what kind of bird it was, maybe one or our bird experts can tell us. It was brown, large and looked like a vulture. It flew off with the dead bird.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 10:20:24 AM »
It is back and looking for scraps. It is either stupid or brave. It is eating the scraps in the nest.

While doing the Sabbath School lesson, I have the nest in the corner of my screen. At first I thought it was the eagle eating, but there was no bald head.   Pretty bold to come into the nest like this. Without the camera, we would have never known.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »
The eagle has landed and appears to be eating a few scraps left behind.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 12:59:09 PM »
The vulture returned and found a few more scraps to eat. Foolish  bird? What would happen if the eagles found the vulture in their nest?

colporteur

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 01:17:57 PM »
The vulture returned and found a few more scraps to eat. Foolish  bird? What would happen if the eagles found the vulture in their nest

Perhaps the vulture would become scraps ?

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »
The eagle has landed

Is this "Tranquility Base?"  ;)
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »
When did they name them ?   

But I am scared of hights    ;D

we are both described as BALD though   :o
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »
The eagles have landed!    http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »
Well it appears that I have computer issues. I thought something was wrong with the cameras because I only get a black screen. I guess I'll have to do some trouble shooting.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »
It may be their server.  It takes some time for the black to disappear for me at times also. My guess is there are a lot of viewers, some must stay logged in.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
Down pillows did not originate with man. The eagles are plucking feathers and fur from their prey and feathering and furring their nest. The straw and needles are not soft enough for mom and the babies.  :)

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »
As I post it is dark in the unoccupied nest and the bravest stupidest squirrel I have ever seen has just robbed the nest of lots of soft fuzz for it's own nest. 
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 07:06:00 AM »
As I post it is dark in the unoccupied nest and the bravest stupidest squirrel I have ever seen has just robbed the nest of lots of soft fuzz for it's own nest.
Maybe Mr. Squirrel realizes that eagles don't have the eyes of an owl? I don't know but it's still not something I'd chance as a squirrel. Seems risky to me.