Author Topic: Live Eagle Cam  (Read 75800 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Live Eagle Cam
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2016, 10:13:55 AM »
Its another windy day in the nest. The eaglets continue to grow amazingly fast.  It must be a warm winds, they have beaks open.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2016, 12:53:08 PM »
I watched them hop around the nest earlier today. At one point I thought one of them was going to hop right out.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2016, 05:25:09 AM »
Wow.. I just saw Ed (I think) fly up into the nest with breakfast (fish) and start feeding the kidos. Ellie appears to have to stretch her wings a bit.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2016, 06:43:57 AM »
This is most unusual. Have never seen the babies left alone in the nest. This is a transition. Mom no longer covers them, and now can leave them alone. I don't see either one of the parents in the approach cam view, but I am sure one of them is somewhere close standing watch. Weather has warmed.  10am 67 degrees with high today reaching 78.   Nice until you realize the high humidity. We don't need to see the weather report, just need to take a look at our family and see their beaks wide open trying to cool off.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2016, 08:20:57 AM »
One of the babies is always at the edge of the nest looking at the world. Which one do we suppose that would be? Yes, we already know which one is going to fly the nest first. Junior, the first born is the strong one. He will be the first to fly, if he lives that long. If he falls from the nest he would probably not survive the fall.

Mom flies the nest.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2016, 09:05:19 AM »
Jr really loves the world out there. He is thinking about how Mom and Dad are always jumping out of the nest into that world beyond the nest.

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/nest1/   

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2016, 06:53:26 AM »
Both mom and dad have been away from the nest for a while this morning.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2016, 08:33:54 AM »
It is interesting to follow the changes taking place. Seeing both Mom and Dad gone from the nest is scary. But, one of them is close by. We just can't see them.  They are too careful while in the nest. Always standing guard, looking for trouble.

Today, jr is learning to walk.  So cute. He is very shaky with those big feet! The little one who is quite big is still sitting most of the day. Not nearly so brave!    :)

One month ago

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2016, 04:50:46 AM »
Jr trying out his legs again.  The little one watched, then attempted, but sat down quickly.

Eagle Feather.....

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/nest1/   

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »
They are getting so big and the parents are spending more and more time away. It use to be that every time I checked one of the parents were there. Now its about a 50/50 chance. Now, admittedly, some that could be that I'm only looking at the times they are absent. Nevertheless it's still much less time spent in the nest with jr. and spike.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2016, 10:01:53 AM »
The wind is blowing pretty good today.

As I was watching the kids alone in the nest, they both looked up. Ahh, one of the parents must be coming in. Sure enough, Dad dropped in with dinner. Jr. rushed over, the little one moved away from Dad, jr, and the fish with his head down. Dad started feeding jr and the little one dared not raise his head or look in the direction of his family and the fish.  Jr ate the whole fish.

Here is a photo of the nasty look Jr gave to the little one half way through dinner.   I was thinking maybe the wind could blow jr out of the nest. Something has happened lately. Jr must have beaten the little one badly. His beak is pretty good size now and I imagine it must not feel good to get pecked hard.

The little one came over to Dad after the fish was eaten.  No dinner for the little one.  The more we see the results of sin, the more we want to see an end to it.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2016, 11:01:56 AM »
Dad came back 20 minutes later with a large squirrel.  With Jrs crop overflowing, this will give the little one some food.  Jr. is still in control. He immediately starts feeding. The little one moves aside.  But, as Dad is pulling from the head, the little one starts to pick on the leg at the other end. Jr is so full, and eating all he wants from Dad, he pays little attention to the little one who is learning to feed himself.   :)

Finally, Jrs crop is so full he can't sit up, but he still is taking from Dad.  The little one is now able to get a few bites from Dad.

Jrs is so full he has to lay down and falls asleep.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »
Such a faithful Mom!!

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »
Yesterday as I messing around the house I left the eagle cam up and running on my computer. After a while I heard a bunch of non-stop screeching. I went to look and mom wasn't happy. She had her eye on the sky and was calling out. I thought maybe dad was flying in but never saw him.

I read today that another full grown eagle paid a visit to the area and mom had to leave the nest to engage the other eagle and scare it off. Sometime I wish there was a way to hang a camera in the sky to see more of what is going on.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2016, 12:22:29 PM »
Jim, that is quite a picture of the intruder eagle. I wonder what the intruder was up to?

This is the first time we have seen both Mom and Dad feeding at the same time.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2016, 06:45:32 AM »
Mom standing guard waiting for breakfast.   Kids are hungry, almost 10am and no food. Dad must be having a hard time fishing today.   What appears to be a nest without Mom and Dad, often appears that way from nest cams. In this case, a small portion of Mom shows up. The approach cam reveals the truth. Mom is close by.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2016, 07:30:27 AM »
Mom and kids are patiently waiting for Dad and breakfast.  It is late this morning, already 10:30.   Lots of whimpering. Expect to hear a ruckus soon as Dad drops in with food.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2016, 07:53:46 AM »
Mom took off. And, while she is gone, Jr. decides to step up on the rim of the nest with his shaky legs. This is how we find baby birds on the ground. Brave little bird, or maybe foolish?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2016, 08:42:29 AM »
Mom brings back at 11:40 a small bird.  And, jr pigs out while the little one faces away from both Mom and breakfast.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2016, 10:33:26 AM »
Look at those wings!!  Our babies have feathers now!  They have been using them as arms, but now they are stretching their wings and will begin to start flapping them!