Author Topic: 7.9 Quake Hit's Poor Nepal  (Read 7443 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
7.9 Quake Hit's Poor Nepal
« on: April 27, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »
The death toll in the 7.9 earthquake that rocked Nepal has risen to over 4,000.

3Angels Nepal are friends doing a mighty work in that very poor country escaped the disaster.
A Bible Answer

Here is the link to 3Angels Nepal for more information on their ministry and how to support the work in Nepal. 3Angels Nepal
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: 7.9 Quake Hit's Poor Nepal
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:59 AM »
As relief work was continuing in Nepal, a second large quake measuring 7.3 hit the area.  Many are killed or injured in this latest disaster to strike Nepal.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:24:38 AM »

Helen Eager has been keeping us up to date on the work in Nepal. Here is her latest report and video that helps to reveal the great need in Nepal before today's earthquake.

Hi Guys

I spent nearly all day at the hospital today.  Everyone likes the 3 Angels food the best.   A number of patients have been discharged so I think we only fed about 65 today.  The poor people who have been discharged and have no home to go to any more have apparently two places in Pokhara where the Government has arranged for them to stay.

Bhim says that the people he met in Kathmandu who are the Childrens Homes Federation are very nice people and really care about the children.  They said that so far only 50% of the registered Childrens Homes have been in touch and they are also very worried about all the unregistered orphanages that they do not know about.  Our two men had to unload almost the whole ten tons of food themselves as there was no one available to help them.  So they had lots of exercise.!

Bhupendra has gone to the Sindhupalchok district to do an assessment, this district and Gorkha are the two worst hit by the earthquake.

Some information is coming in now of other places where people have no food, it is a huge problem when these villages are high up in the mountains and everything has to be carried by hand.  We need some flying foxes.

One of the staff was telling me how that on the day of the earthquake there were stories going around Kathmandu that there was a volcano nearby that was errupting and everyone would be covered with ash, and another story was that the zoo fences had broken and soon .the lions and tigers would be coming along to eat the people who survived.  I guess some poor people may have believed this, sounds like a teenager story to me.

I will see if I can attach two photos I took in the hospital today.  The lady has lost her house and was injured, she has her young grandson there to go and get food etc for her. She  is worried that her daughter in law does not want her, she is very poor. She is a widow.   The man was hit on the chest and his house also collapsed, his son is with him but it is quite easy to see that the son is not too happy that he now has the responsibility of taking care of his father.  This man lost his wife many years ago. Sad world.

Singing the same song again,  please keep praying for everyone and for wisdom and guidance for 3 Angels to help where the need is the greatest and also to open the way to get the needed things.

Helen  A friend sent me this link so if you have time watch it.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »
Hi from Nepal

Not much today.  Rajendra called a Board meeting to give the report and discuss where to go from here.

There just is not enough staff or time to carry food for 6 days or so to some of the villages that are without food.  How much Nepal needs more helicopters.

One big priority will be the one thousand plus orphan children in Kathmandu,

Our team of five from India apparently had a good day today working with the children.  Will let you know when we get more details.

In response to the Governments request Rajendra has chosen a school for 3 Angels to work on getting up and running.  It is about 3 hours drive from Pokhara and has around 104 students and teaches to 5th grade only.

This school is in a Chepang tribal area,  the Chepang areas are most targetted by traffickers, so that is one reason why this school was chosen.  Also it has good road access which is very helpful.

We had five new girls arrive today for Safe Haven, all had been sold into brothels, three of the girls are only around 14 or 15 years old.  One of the girls has a little boy about 18 months old so now we have three little boys in Safe Haven.  The baby now nearly a year old belonging to the girl who was gang raped, this little one I just mentioned and one about 2 and a half whose father and grandfather are the same person and he has threatened to kill his daughter when he gets out of jail.  Nice type.

Tuesday

Another Tuesday and another earthquake  So far 32 people are reported dead.  We had quite a shake here in Pokhara and everyone ran out of the office.

We have had such a great response re our food at the hospital, a lot of letters of gratitude for very nice and healthy food.  We provided around 2700 individual meals altogether.

Our team from India that are in Kathmandu have done a lot of good work these last two days.  The Welfare Federation man appreciated them a lot.  He said that mostly the children now need food, clothing and tents more than medical, so it is a wonderful blessing that we are not hearing of out breaks of disease.

We heard of one prison where the walls broke, the police were called and were guarding the door and 37 men escaped out the holes made by the earthquake!!!

I got a few nice photos today, wish I could send you them all.

1.       A child in the hospital

2.       An elderly lady in the hospital

3.       A child trying to keep up with his school work even tho his school no longer exists.

4.       Another photo of devastation.

God be with you all and still we need prayers -  And money!!!!

Helen

--

Train all children for Jesus that they may shine for Him.

Helen Eager

3 Angels Nepal

www.3angelsnepal.com

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:24:42 AM »
More from Helen:

Hi Again

Not so much to report today.  Bhim and Parbat just came back from Kathmandu, they arrived there early this morning and handed over the ten tons of food to the Childrens Homes Federation,  these people said that we were the first to come with such a large amount of food and they were so grateful, as they had basically run out.  This will be an ongoing need.

We did not provide food at the hospital today as some other organisation wanted to do it.  Tomorrow it will be our call again and Rajendra has promised until Saturday night.  AFter that they will look at the situation again.

I saw the information below on the Net when I typed in Nepal Earthquake, this is something that we have had on our minds also that this is the time the traffickers will be having a party.  It is so tragic that the border between India and Nepal is so long and so easy to cross.  You just cross the river in some place where there are no checking booths. No problem

The tents and the blankets are still coming!!!  Do hope they come soon..

God be with you all and please do keep praying.

Helen

The problem with sex trafficing young girls from Nepal is exacerbated by the earthquake there. source

Here's a video showing destruction in the villages and the lack of help for many  of them.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 08:05:02 AM »
When the second quake hit,   Langtang Village disappeared with all of its inhabitants.  Here is a video of Langtang Valley a few years before.

Here is an article describing the valley now.  source