Author Topic: Oregano, Better Than Drugs  (Read 3999 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Oregano, Better Than Drugs
« on: April 03, 2015, 08:27:33 AM »
Oregano has some exceptional benefits as a weapon against bacteria, fungi, and even cancer.  Carvacrol is responsible for the biological activities of oregano. Experiments repeatedly confirm the efficacy of carvacrol against Salmonella, e. Coli, Campylobacter jejuni and Listeria. It’s had so much success, researchers decided to pit it against an even more serious problem — antibiotic resistant Salmonella. When tested on Salmonella infected celery, carvacrol eliminated Salmonella colonies immediately. source

Oregano essential oils obtained from the genera Origanum, Thymus, Coridothymus, Thymbra, Satureja and Lippia are rich in carvacrol, a monoterpenic phenol isomeric with thymol. Turkey is the biggest exporter of oregano herb and oil to the world markets. Oregano is mainly used in food, spice and pharmaceutical industries. Carvacrol is responsible for the biological activities of oregano. Many diverse activities of carvacrol such as antimicrobial, antitumor, antimutagenic, antigenotoxic, analgesic, antispasmodic, antiinflammatory, angiogenic, antiparasitic, antiplatelet, AChe inhibitory, antielastase, insecticidal, antihepatotoxic and hepatoprotective activities and uses such as feed additive, in honeybee breeding and in gastrointestinal ailments have been shown. This paper highlights these activities and attempts to explain the possible in vivo mechanism of action of carvacrol.  PubMed
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Oregano, Better Than Drugs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »
That is great news!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:39:11 AM »

And God's medicine cabinet tastes good.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Dorine

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 12:34:11 PM »
Would never be without it. Take it along with vit. D3 drops each morning. Haven't had a cold or flu in several years. I wonder if what we grow in our gardens has much medicinal value? I have a huge bush of it. I dry my own for winter use.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 12:45:50 PM »
Dorine, different varieties of oregano have different amounts of carvacrol. I have harvested mine and am making an oregano oil by placing chopped oregano in olive oil. I will let you know how the oregano oil works for me.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
I will be very curious and interested to see what results you get Richard. I don't know what variety mine is. It was given to me years ago.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

ejclark

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »
What will you be using it for, Richard?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 07:15:55 PM »
Ej, I have an under arm itch. Not sure what it is, but will give oregano a try.

ejclark

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 05:44:17 AM »
My wife says you should add Tea Tree to it as Tea Tree is an anti-fungal as well.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »
Thank your wife for me, ej. Yes, tea tree is a good herb for such things. This reminds me to add a warning about the use of herbs. I am making oregano oil.  Tea tree is sold as an oil. The difference  between herbs that God gave for healing and drugs is that the herbs when  used correctly do not have side effects, but promote healing. Drugs are concentrated and have side effects that nature has to deal with on top of the disease being treated.

Care needs to be taken when using herbal oils. The herb is concentrated when the oil is removed from the plant. Become  educated on the use of all beneficial herbs. Be very careful when using herbs internally. And, oils are absorbed through the skin and can injure internal organs when used improperly.

Ej, I looked around for a natural remedy, and found that the oregano I have in the garden will work, whereas I would have to buy the  tea tree. Not  sure where else it comes from, but I imagine part of the expense of tea tree is the long distance it must be shipped. I purchased my bottle in Australia where  is it grown.

ejclark

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »
I like the points you make here Richard.

I'd also like to add, herbal remedies come directly from the plants themselves, where as drugs are manufactured in a lab from chemicals.

So what might be the great difference? One is grown in nature, receives warmth from the sun/Son, experiences photosynthesis through the leaves, grows through natural mineral uptake through its roots, has a God designed balance of different minerals; and when extracted properly, will continue to contain the elements inherent within that made it a living plant. Making it a living remedy.

Drugs from a lab? Chemicals collected from nature, goes through no natural experience in any plant, receives no growth experience from the sun/Son, is balanced in mineral makeup according to man's ideas, and has never experienced anything that gives it any living life force.