Author Topic: Dr. Herbert Douglas has died.  (Read 2415 times)

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Dr. Herbert Douglas has died.
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »
From the Amazing Facts Facebook page:

DR. HERBERT E. DOUGLASS PASSES AWAY: A MESSAGE FROM PASTOR DOUG BATCHELOR

Dear friends, I am very sad to announce that renowned theologian, writer, and educational leader Dr. Herbert Douglass passed away this morning. He was 87.

I am happy to say that when we visited together at the hospital a few days ago, he said he felt no pain. His courage was solid, and his faith was sound. As we prayed together, he said to me, “Jesus is coming soon, we need to get this message out!”

For many years, Dr. Douglass served as a member of the Amazing Facts board, giving important spiritual guidance to this ministry. Please remember to keep his wife Norma and the entire Douglass family in your prayers during this difficult time. A great standard bearer has truly fallen in Israel.

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

colporteur

Re: Dr. Herbert Douglas has died.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »

This is especially a big loss in these days when stalwart, seasoned,faithful veterans are  few.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.