Author Topic: 'Adam' and 'Eve' discovered  (Read 2274 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
'Adam' and 'Eve' discovered
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:35:04 AM »
Researchers have found links to one ancient man and one ancient woman who could be the father and mother of most modern humans.

Nearly all modern men can trace their lineage back to one man who roamed Africa between 125,000 and 156,000 years ago, according to LiveScience. And the same is true for women, who are linked to one woman who lived at the same time.

But "Adam and Eve," as these two ancient people are being called, likely never met, let alone mated and populated the earth. Instead, according to LiveScience, both humans simply had DNA that survived, unbroken, resulting in many modern heirs of their mitochondrial or Y-chromosome DNA.

Stanford University geneticist Carlos Bustamante and a team of researchers sequenced the full male sex chromosome (Y) for 69 men who came from seven areas of the globe, according to a study published in the journal Science. The sequencing was the most complete analysis done to date of the Y chromosome. The Y chromosome is key because it is replicated exactly from father to son, showing a relatively clear path, despite mutations, back into a man's ancient history.

The researchers also examined the men's mitochondrial DNA, which is housed in the female egg and transferred from mother to child, providing a trace of maternal lineage. The male subject's' mitochondrial DNA, coupled with samples of the same from 24 female subjects, showed that a single female, also in Africa, who lived between 99,000 and 148,000 years ago is a likely "mother" to nearly all modern women.

Source:
http://news.msn.com/science-technology/whos-your-daddy-adam-and-eve-discovered

[These atheistic scientists are continually 'discovering' through science, the ancient truths of the Scriptures. They prove that there IS a God and that the Bible IS true. But with all the evidence that they themselves are bring forth, they yet deny God. "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," ]
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson