Author Topic: Android EGW App  (Read 8315 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Android EGW App
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:05:49 PM »
It's kind of sad when a self professing computer person asks for help with something that is suppose to be so simple. I'm wondering if there is anyone reading who is familiar with the Android EGW app pubished by the EGW Estate?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=egw.estate&hl=en

I've started reading some of the Signs of the Times articles and wish to underline with it. It's suppose to be simple but I simply can not figure it out. If you are familiar with it could you take the time to explain like I'm 5 years old how to underline in this app? I would be very grateful!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: Android EGW App
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »
Tap on the sentences you want to highlight to block them. You can't underline. If you want to highlight more than one sentence such a whole paragraph, you must tap each sentence in the paragraph. Once you have them all tapped (they will be in blue, at least on my devices) look to the lower right corner. You will see what looks like a 4 bars stacked. Tap on that which brings up a menu. Choose what you want to do with the sentence(s) you blocked, and tap your choice. You can use a highlighter and pick the color you want. You write a note, or bookmark it. It's pretty simple. If you want to say, highlight and make a note, just block the same sentence(s) a second time and choose again. If you tap the little house symbol in the upper left, that will take you to the menu. Tap on the study center to see all your bookmarks, highlights, notes, etc. You can also delete them if you want.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »
Thank you Linda!! that was it. I did mean highlight and not underline as you figured out. Before you told me I was able to get the sentences to turn blue but couldn't figure out what to do after that. Most apps on my nook will automatically pop up with the option to highlight once you lift your finger so I couldn't figure out what to do when nothing happened after they turned blue. The "key" as you pointed out was the icon that looks like 4 bars stacked on each other. For some reason I didn't notice that. This was very frustrating since I knew it should be simple.  Again... thank you!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »
Don't feel bad, Jim. Android apps are not easy, at least many of them. There is no standard being followed. At least not a comprehensive one that I can see. I  am sure it is difficult, but there are mysteries that are not easy to understand when it comes to using the apps. Instructions are often lacking.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.