Author Topic: 'Hand of God' spotted by NASA space telescope  (Read 2116 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
'Hand of God' spotted by NASA space telescope
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
[Excerpts]

Religion and astronomy may not overlap often, but a new NASA X-ray image captures a celestial object that resembles the "Hand of God."

The cosmic "hand of God" photo was produced when a star exploded and ejected an enormous cloud of material, which NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array, or NuSTAR, glimpsed in high-energy X-rays, shown in blue in the photo.

"We don't know if the hand shape is an optical illusion," Hongjun An, of McGill University in Montreal, said in a statement. "With NuSTAR, the hand looks more like a fist, which is giving us some clues."

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/hand-god-spotted-nasa-space-telescope-2D11889092
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: 'Hand of God' spotted by NASA space telescope
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
That is very beautiful; however, typically it is when something this outrageously stunning is seen that someone finally attributes it to God. Otherwise it is another object that "naturally evolved."
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89