Author Topic: Current Gasoline Prices in America  (Read 8816 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Current Gasoline Prices in America
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »
http://zfacts.com/p/35.html

Warning: Liberal "green" web page with good charts. We are called "right wing nuts" on this site!  :P As a matter of fact, if you want a great overview of the green movement's agenda, click to your heart's content.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Current Gasoline Prices in America
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:30:35 AM »
http://www.gaspricewatch.com/

I received a blessing and had the ability to fill my car this morning.  :) That should not be an oddity yet sometimes it is difficult to do given the economic restraints all of us are feeling these days. Many cannot fill the tank but get whatever they can afford based upon the cash in their pockets. I paid $3.79 for mid-grade and noticed diesel is $4.20.

Tropical Storm Hurricane Isaac is going to cause the price to inch even higher over the coming days and weeks. Huff Post That means I, along with many others, will need to increase the budget to accommodate these rate hikes. 

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
It's up to $3.76 here.  My wife and daughter just got back from taking our son to Southern, and reported that gas was about 30 cents cheaper down south.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
Count yourself blessed then. I just filled up at $4.09
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »
Gas Prices Skyrocket in California http://www.weather.com/travel/driving/california-gas-prices-20121005

$4.15 - Sacramento
$4.69 - Ventura

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/

From CNN Money:

$4 gas: Get used to it
October 5, 2012: 5:00 AM ET
A new U.N. report says the massive bets placed on the commodities markets are the "root cause" of the volatility in oil and gas prices. And that's not about to change.

By Leah McGrath Goodman

gas-pricesFORTUNE -- President Obama may have a lot more to worry about than bombing the debate this week. Traders are starting to get particularly bullish over gasoline prices – and that is bad news for the average driver, who may also be looking to vent his spleen at the voting booth.

Reports of gas shortages along the high-demand west and east coasts may be fleeting – although deeply concerning – but they highlight a problem that's expected to persist in the U.S.: our refineries are getting old. Given that a new refinery has not been built since 1976, commodities desks on Wall Street are bracing for more refinery outages and fires just as the nation needs to gear up for the busy winter heating season.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 03:56:24 PM »
Strange phenomenon:  last Friday the price jumped 20 cents between morning and afternoon, and I ended up paying $4.10.  By yesterday it had dropped to $3.89.  Very odd.  Get out of California and go southeast.  It's much cheaper. 

Remember that it was our fearless leader who said that gas prices would necessarily rise under his plan.  ::)  What incentive does he have for wanting the price to go down?  His supporters are of a similar mind and will vote for him anyway.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 10:56:48 AM »
$4.59 yesterday.    They have closed down a number of refineries due to excess capacity.   Yes, Obama is happy with the higher prices and so is Chevron and Mobile Oil. The price of oil was down and gas was up considerably.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

carls365

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
Strange phenomenon:  last Friday the price jumped 20 cents between morning and afternoon, and I ended up paying $4.10.  By yesterday it had dropped to $3.89.  Very odd.  Get out of California and go southeast.  It's much cheaper. 

Remember that it was our fearless leader who said that gas prices would necessarily rise under his plan.  ::)  What incentive does he have for wanting the price to go down?  His supporters are of a similar mind and will vote for him anyway.

IMO, The lower price is to give the masses of gasoline users false hope that "things will improve" while the true plan is to raise prices even higher. Sort of like the calm before the storm.

carls365

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »
$4.59 yesterday.    They have closed down a number of refineries due to excess capacity.   Yes, Obama is happy with the higher prices and so is Chevron and Mobile Oil. The price of oil was down and gas was up considerably.

It's the same as stealing to me, no different than the robber who goes into a store, gun in hand to rob, only this is done by people who wear suits and ties a lot. Judgment day will be a awesome thing!

Marelis

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »
$5.53 where I am at the moment for the cheaper gasoline with ethanol.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
Yikes! You are right in there with Los Angeles. See story here

Yesterday, I paid $3.79 for regular. They were charging $4.69 for diesel.

$4.75 in Sunnyvale, CA today

Lowest today = $2.87 regular in Sealy, Texas

Highest = $4.91 regular in Bethel, AK