Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 4  (Read 64593 times)

Liane H

• http://
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 4
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
Hi Mishka:

You joined back in January and just notice your post of September 1st.

Never got to say hi to you and welcome you to the forum. You are interested in dogs.

I have two Australian Shepherds and one is a hearing service dog. Do you have dogs of your own and what are they?

Our posting has not crossed paths, but so glad you have posted and joined us here at the Remnant Online.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Hello to everyone on this forum. I am looking forward to interacting with everyone here. I was invited to this forum by Sybil (thank you, Sybil) and after I registered Richard reminded me that I had registered 3-4 years ago - totally forgot about that!

I currently work for Mission College of Evangelism which was started and is run by Louis and Carol Torres. I started as their cook/cooking lab instructor 7 years ago and now am the teacher of the Prophetic Guidance (SOP) class and the Daniel class. I also do a variety of administrative/communications related things for the school. It is exciting to work for an organization whose sole purpose is to train people "in a few months" (FE 337) to finish the work so that we can go home!

Personally I am interested in history and am pursuing a bachelors degree online in world history. I am married, no children yet, but have two cats. My wife and I enjoy spending time camping in the beautiful Oregon wilderness whenever we get the chance.

I have been reading through some of the different threads and appreciate a place to discuss the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in a way that seeks to uplift what the Word teaches - not tear it down as is done in many other forums.

I look forward to getting to know each one of you more as we attempt, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to "rightly divide the word of truth" in our discussions. God bless!

[This message has been edited by Immanuel (edited 09-29-2007).]

Adina

« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
Thank you Sybil and Mishka for your warm welcome.
Welcome to our fellowship Immanuel. Hope you'll enjoy being here as much as I do.

[This message has been edited by Adina (edited 09-30-2007).]

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Immanuel - Louis Torres was our pastor in Santa Fe for a number of years (before my arrival) and five years ago came through with a group of young Bible workers. What a blessing they were! We keep such school in our prayers - we see what they produce in the way of dedicated young people ready to finish the work! God bless all of you!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sammy Lee

« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
Dear Brethren in Christ,

I was born into a Buddhist family.  My grandfather gave me the name,Lee Way Loong(Mandarin: Li Wei Long) meaning "the Great Dragon", so the elder brother of Bruce Lee, whose Chinese name is Lee Siao Loong (Li Xiao Long), meaning "the Little Dragon".  :)
My father later learned about Christianity and became a member of the Pentecostal Mission Church in Indonesia.  I was given the Christian name Samuel or Sammy at that time.  I used both names, Sammy Li Wei Long, until I read the book of Revelation chapter 12.

The Lord has really been good to me and it was my pleasure to serve Him since 1962, after I graduated from Indonesia Union College, now Indonesian Adventist University,  as evangelist, pastor and English teacher in Indonesia, Malaysia (Sarawak and Kuala Lumpur), Macau, China and Australia.

When I served in Macau and China from 1993 to 1999, I leared Mandarin and found out that the Chinese writings have been used long before the first book in the Bible was written and that the ancient characters proves that the Bible must have been inspired by a Creator God, the same as was worshipped by the ancestors of the Chinese people.

In the basic Chinese words which are called the radicals, the story of Creation, Garden of Eden, the Devil, Temptation, Fall, First Murder, Flood, Tower of Babel and Confusion of Languages and Dispersion of Nations as narrated in Genesis chapters 1 through 11 can be traced.

Now people all over the world are interested in this matter and I have been invited to preach ini different denominations concerning this topic.

It has strengthen my faith, and hope in the soon coming of our King of Kings and Lord of lords, Whom the Chinese call "Shang Di" or The King of Heaven/The King Above All, and The Lord Who Saves The World (Jiu Shi Zhu).  There are more loyal Christians inspite of persecutions and death in China than in any other countries in the world today.  Praise the Lord!

With Christian love,

from your brother in Him.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2007, 06:02:00 AM »
Sammy! Bless you! Great testimony! Welcome to the Remnant Online! It is our prayer that you enjoy the fellowship and continue to grow in His service!

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
I am so sorry I have not been here of late to welcome you folks. I've been moving from Ca. to Michigan to be with my other son and wife and baby.

We are indeed, so happy to have you with us. What you wrote is very interesting. I have heard it before, but not the information about the names.

May God bless you as you walk with us on this web site, made to bring Praise to our Lord Jesus.

WELCOME!!

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
Dearest brother, it is a blessing to have you online with us!  As a Seventh-day Adventist pastor, your faith will prove a blessing to many who are in the valley of decision as we near the end of this earth's history. Time is short and God is looking for witnesses to His love and creative power. He has His people around the world and has brought us out of many religions into His one fold.

Please to continue to share your testimony of how God has led you and worked through you to lead others to Jesus. Let us press together as the final struggle approaches.

Again, a very warm welcome to our online family!

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
Dear Sammy Lee:

Welcome to The Remnant Online. We are so happy to have you on the forum.

It is a blessing to have fellow believers around the world to share their faith and love for Jesus.

Please continue to post wherever God leads you and we welcome your thoughts and knowledge of Jesus and His soon coming.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Rebecca

« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
Hello,

I'm new to this forum.  My name is Rebecca.  My husband is Kevin.  We have 4 children: Kyle (15), Brendan (12), Jenica (10), and Jeremy (8).  I became SDA before marrying my husband 19 years ago.  We have been active church members all along, but have more recently been growing closer to our Lord and made changes in our lives by His power and grace upon our lives.  We have served in variuos capacities in our church.  Kevin actively lay preaches whenever asked to by various pastors who know him.  He is also involved with our conferance in a lay capacity.  I have enjoyed singing and and enjoyed teaching in both adult and children's divisions within the church.  Our children all take piano lessons.  My oldest also takes classical guitar lessons.  Our three younger children go to a SDA one-room school, and my oldest does independent study with Griggs.

I have an interest in health, and have helped my husband in various health and temperance outreach activities we have done.  We have recently joined our local YMCA, which has exercise facilities, and are enjoying that as well. My older son also goes to the gym with me oftentimes.  All the children have enjoyed taking swim lessons as well through the Y.  We also enjoy downhill skiing and snowboarding together during the winter season.

In my quest to find more modest clothing for my daughter I've taken to sewing, and am enjoying that as well.

Our pets include a german shepherd (Haylee), a latino cockatiel (Paco) and several fish in four tanks of various sizes, and are in the process of getting a fifth tank up and running with Cyclids.

I hope to get to know you, and be enlightened and and encouraged by what I read on the various forums here.  I probably won't post too often as I don't get on the computer too much, but will definately be reading and sharing things every so often.

God Bless,

Rebecca :-)

Sister Marie

« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
Happy Sabbath Rebecca,

We do indeed WECOME you to our forum for Jesus. We look forward to hearing from you and know that you will enjoy your time with us in even just reading.

Thank you for your Testimony. It is so good to hear of others who are feeling that we need to come closer and closer to our Lord Jesus. The time is coming for His return, and the Lord is impressing His Own of this.

Again, Welcome dear Sister.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »
Hello Rebecca, and welcome to our forum. May you be blessed as you participate with us.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mishka M

• All that He has made is wonderful
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2007, 11:39:36 AM »
Hi, Just to let you no I am not a new member. The new TRO would not except my password so I had to register again to get a new password. :o
So don't go jumping up and down on your toes becouse it's just me.

God Bless You

Mishka
Not one sparrow falls that God does not see.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2007, 06:05:22 PM »
We welcome you again, dear Mishka. You are always such a breath of fresh air for us old timers! We are blest by your presence!

Enjoy the new forum!

xox Sybil

Sister Marie

« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2007, 04:07:45 AM »
:) We are still happy that you are with us, and really glad that your password is working now. I was having some problems at the old site too, now that is all washed away and I am so happy for it. :) Enjoy!!!!!
With Christian Love,
Marie

JimMiles

• http://www.auaweb.com
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »
Hello, I teach bible and history at Armona Union Academy.  www.auaweb.com
Just interested in other SDA's testimony!
Thanks,
jim
force is incompatible with love

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2007, 09:37:43 AM »
Welcome Jim, we hope you will find this a restful and quiet place. Please feel free to read and post your comments.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Sister Marie

« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2007, 11:04:40 AM »
Welcome Jim, we are truely happy you are with us here. We are sure you will enjoy all the information given here. We hope to see you posting too. Your very welcome. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

scott

« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2007, 10:30:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm scott! I'm a masonry contractor from Wyoming with a loving (and lovely) wife, six kids, and 12 grandkids. My passion is the gospel. Everyone needs to know what Jesus taught about His loving Father! Looking forward to visiting with at least some of you.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

In Christ, scott

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #239 on: November 21, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »
Welcome to our fellowship, Brother Scott.  I did a little masonry work myself. It is hard work. I thought that if I were to work in the trades, I would prefer to do insulation, exterior insulation!  A mason works with brick, stone, and cement. But, the one who insulates, works with feather light insulation sheets!!  :) At the end of a day, when doing masonry, you know you have worked. It is a great skill and the work is necessary and satisfying when the job is finished.  I watched a friend who did it all his life, lift as much as a black belt painter one day. It amazed me. The painter was six foot 220 and my friend was 5' 7" and 140. Yet my mason friend could lift just as much as the big fellow!   I was impressed! 

Again, welcome to our fellowship and May God help us to glorify Him in all that we do.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.