Author Topic: Does It Look Old?  (Read 4422 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Does It Look Old?
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:00:18 AM »
“And for the chief things of the ancient mountains, and for the precious things of the lasting hills” (Deuteronomy:33:15).
One lady who approached me after one of my presentations said, “God made the Earth 10,000 years ago, but he made it look like it was millions of years old.”

Evolutionary scientists believe that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. Does it look 4.5 billion years old? Suppose you came with me to England’s Jurassic Coast, to examine some of the dinosaur fossils there. Evolutionists say that these fossils are 65 million years old. Do they look 65 million years old? Creationists would say that these fossils were formed in the Flood, about 4,400 years ago. Do the fossils look 4,400 years old? What do they look like: 65 million years old or 4,400 years old?

In everyday life, we do not make such errors. There is no such thing as an appearance of age unless we have something to compare it to. The twenty-year-old actor in a teenage role has the appearance of a teenager because we have an impression of what a teenager should look like. But what does a 65 million year old rock look like? Given that, as biblical creationists, we do not believe any rock is anywhere near 65 million years old; we have nothing against which to judge its age, apart from the Bible. The Bible makes clear that the rock containing the fossil must have been made in the Flood, 4,400 years ago, so it looks 4,400 years old because that is the only objective standard against which we can measure it.

(http://www.creationmoments.com/radio/transcripts/does-it-look-old).
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Does It Look Old?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 09:34:28 PM »
The "scientific method" does not allow for science to make such astounding statements based on no scientific evidence. Me thinks these are those who do not believe there is a Creator who made the heavens and the Earth. Imagine supporting that with scientific evidence! Yet, they surely believe it by faith.   :(  Me thinks it is a "blind faith," and  very soon they shall find out.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.