Author Topic: Lessons in the Stars {Astronomy]  (Read 10669 times)

charlene

• http://
Lessons in the Stars {Astronomy]
« on: March 15, 2000, 05:21:00 AM »
God Has made all things, our Earth on which we live, the Firmament in which we fly, and in Genesis 1:16  We read   ....."He made the Stars also."  

The Faith I Live By-The Word and Works of God
                -PG- 24
    "He made the night, marshaling the shining stars in the firmament. He calls them all by name. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth his handiwork, showing man that this little world is but a jot in God's creation."

The Story of Jesus----PG- 23
    These wise men were philosophers. They had studied the handiwork of God in nature, and had learned to love Him there. They had studied the stars, and knew their movements.

What does God reveal to us in the Stars?

------------------
charlene

charlene

Avalee Lohman

• http://www.geocities.com/avalee50/
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
Charlene I am so happy to have you start this topic. I do not know much about the stars and I am looking forward to learning.

Christian Service, page 125, paragraph 3
Chapter Title: Methods

"The apostles endeavored to impart to these idolaters a knowledge of God the Creator, and of His Son, the Saviour of the human race. They first directed attention to the wonderful works of God,--the sun, the moon, and the stars, the beautiful order of the recurring seasons, the mighty snow-capped mountains, the lofty trees, and other varied wonders of nature, which showed a skill beyond human comprehension. Through these works of the Almighty, the apostles led the minds of the heathen to a contemplation of the great Ruler of the universe.-- The Acts of the Apostles, p. 180."

End Of Quote........

God reveals in the Stars that He is the Creator of all things.

--------------Quote-----------------

Education, page 115,
Chapter Title: Other Object Lessons
The Message of the Stars

"The stars also have a message of good cheer for every human being. In those hours that come to all, when the heart is faint and temptation presses sore; when obstacles seem insurmountable, life's aims impossible of achievement, its fair promises like apples of Sodom; where, then, can such courage and steadfastness be found as in that lesson which God has bidden us learn from the stars in their untroubled course?

"Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: He calleth them all by names by the greatness of His might, for that He is strong in power; not one faileth. Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God? Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of His understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength." "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed for I am Thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness." "I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." Isaiah 40:26-29; 41:10, 13"

-------------End of Quote--------------

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[This message has been edited by Avalee Lohman (edited 03-15-2000).]

eugene

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2000, 11:25:00 PM »
The stars also reveal the glory of God, in the fact that their is no beginning or end to the vast universe. Just as there is no end or beginning to the universe, it helps us in way to understand the greatness of a being, that we know as God, who is without beginning. We humans have to have a beginning and a end. A room has walls and floor and ceiling. The sea we know has a end, the coast !  But there is end to the number of stars, and the universe has no end in sight, and we cry out, is there no end ?  It also reveals the love out God, it is greater far, it gose beyond the highest star, it reaches to the lowest hell, it surrounds the sinner in love and woos the soul to yeild and to return to God.

It reveales the Glory of the love of God, in that in the beginning of time, before sin was known, God arranges the affairs of the stars, so that at a certain time, when sin did enter the universe, there was seen amoung the stars, when veiwed from the earth, the the purfect pattern of the cross, Six in number, one for each wound that Jesus recieved for our sin. And wonders of wonders, beside the star that stands for the broken heart, there is seen a lovely cloud in the perfect outline of the north america, this land that has been the apple of His eye.  All this was planned by God in the beginning, who knew what would happen in the universe, and to this little world of ours. And this is His way of saying, "I knew and I was ready with a plan, and here it is, my hand writing on the wall, and amoung the stars"  

This truth was driven home like a arrow in the heart one night, When I ask God to reveal the glory of Orion to me once more. Instead, He revealed the glory of the cross. Usually, those six stars shine with a dim light. But that night, they shone in the west, just above the horzen, like bright silver blue diamonds stars, a cross hunging, lifted up from the earth, The sight filled my soul, and Ifelt the power of emotion sweep over my soul, I felt a power, a nearness of God there, as if I was standing on Holy Ground.
I had wanted to see the glory of Orion, that I had seen a number of years before, when God had open my eyes and revealed to me the glory of Orion, as a vast cloud of stars, that was thicker and brighter than the milky way. Some of those stars, shone in that same bright silver blue light, that I saw in the cross.

I insteadly understood what God was trying to tell me, as I stood looking at the cross, and  the thought entered my mind so clearly, as if He was speaking to me, "take up the cross and fellow  me."  First the cross, then the crown of life.

The stars of the cross raises first, then afterwards, the stars of Orion, the gate way to heaven, from which we shall hear the voice of God, and see the glory of Orion, as the heavens is rolled back like a scroll...

So you see, God has writen out the plan of salvation for us amoung the stars.

The heavens do declare His glory !

eugene

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2000, 11:48:00 PM »
The astronomers, with their powrful mirrors, have founf that there is a pattern a arrangment to the far flung galaxies, in that the galaxies are arranged like stepping stones, like a highway, thur space. They not just scattered, but laided out in a orderly pattern. In some parts of the universe, there are no galaxies. Yet when they find them,...

Some of those galaxies are smaller than our own, and others are larger. The is one that has been found to be 7.5 tmes bigger than our own galaxie... Ours is a 100,000 lightyears across, but there is one spinning away, that is 750,000 light years across... The mind grows fant at the distaince and size of the universe. But some day, when sin is gone, We shall wing our way, as fast as our toughts are, we shall fly tur the univese, and those stars will be as close as our best friend who lives just next door...

And we will not count time in years, but by the movement of the spinning galaxies, as they move upon their appointed pathways in the universe.... and rain of eons shall past, and we will never grow old or tried, but retaine the frechness of youth in the morning, and we shall look upon the face of God and live in the fire of His glory...

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »
That is quite a thought, Brother Eugene.  Will it not be a shame for all that could have been there and won't be? Let us labor through His Spirit to be there and to help others see His love that they may be there also.

------------------
In His love and grace,    Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

charlene

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2000, 11:01:00 AM »
Eugene,  
I have a great desire to go from place to place and star to star, in the great day of the near future. You have hightened that desire. Oh, for the pleasure and Joy of being with our Creator through out eternity.  Please share what you want with us all.

Thank you,
charlene

charlene

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2000, 01:53:00 PM »
   Br. Eugene has shared with me before about astronomy. This man, folks, knows more than the average person, about stars. Eugene, share agian with us about your experience.
  Br. Laurie    :)
Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

gorazd

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2000, 02:06:00 AM »
Hi charlene. I have always wandered about others words, where other stars are, how they look like and how it is there. God's prophet says we will be able to travel from place to place across the universe with new bodies in the new world. I rejoice and wait for that moments - we will proclaim the gospel to worlds and beings which have not had experience that we had on this earth. They will listen our stories with wonder and will praise their Lord's Mercy for what He has done for these beings called men.

I also wonder many things about other stars and galaxies: are at present time other worlds that are out there physical, as our world is, or do other beings live in some different world, where they can see the invisible one - Somehow more directly connected with spiritual world in ways we just know nothing of?

Also I wonder, if there are such a vast explosions taking place in universe as scientists tell us: does that mean that those worlds where explosions take place are marred with sin also (perhaps demons dwell there) - or is it that God preserves the beings from there in such a way that such tremendous energies does not harm the beings of other worlds, but the explosions are perhaps simply another of Gods wonderful acts that they study out there?

I know some answers we can not have untill the Lord comes, yet I wonder if we can find out some clues about these matters anyway.

Bro Gorazd.  

charlene

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2000, 03:10:00 AM »
Bro. Gorazd, Have you ever read the first vision of EG White...This is a wonreful insight to your question.

Early Writings of Ellen G. White-PG- 39
    The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me, and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green, and the birds there
warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes; they were noble, majestic, and lovely. They bore the express image of Jesus, and their countenances
beamed with holy joy, expressive of the freedom and happiness of the place. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. The reply was, "We have lived in strict obedience to the commandments of God, and have not fallen by
disobedience, like those on the earth." Then I saw two trees, one looked much like the tree of life in the city. The fruit of both looked beautiful, but of one they could not eat. They had power to eat of both, but were
forbidden to eat of one. Then my attending angel said to me, "None in this place have tasted of the forbidden tree; but if they should eat, they would fall." Then I was taken to a world which had seven moons. There I saw good old Enoch, who had been  translated. On his right arm he bore a glorious palm, and on each leaf was
written "Victory." Around his head was a dazzling white wreath, and leaves on the wreath, and in the middle of each leaf was written "Purity," and around the wreath were stones of various colors, that shone brighter than the stars, and cast a reflection upon the letters and magnified them. On the back part of his head was a bow that confined the wreath, and upon the bow was written "Holiness." Above the wreath was a lovely crown that shone brighter than the sun. I asked him if this was the place he was taken to from the earth. He said, "It is not; the city is my home, and I have come to visit this place." He moved about the place as if
perfectly at home. I begged of my attending angel to let me remain in that place. I could not bear the thought of coming back to this dark world again. Then the angel said, "You must go back, and if you are faithful, you,
with the 144,000, shall have the privilege of visiting all the worlds and viewing the handiwork of God."

Does not this make us Homesick for Heaven?
Come soon Lord Jesus,

charlene

eugene

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
Yes it dose !  The more we learn of the truth about the universe, the more beautiful it becomes.  As for the explosens that are seen amoung the stars, the modern astronomers want us to belive that stars have exploded and are dieing. Far From It, it is a lie that satan wants us to belive. He wants us to belive that thee is death found everywhere in the universe. As for the explosen of the stars,  our own star, the sun, dose this all the time. Now and then the sun's explosen gas gets away from the sun, and travels out ward away from the sun, as a power solar wind, and when it blows across our world, it excites the oxygen in the uper reaches, and then we see the beautiful northern lights display.

Now this explosen, is normale for a sun/star, and as we can see, some stars, just "BURP" a whole lot harder than other stars do.  And then we see the gas clouds speeding outerwards in space. This is what happens when we see a super nova, a star that suddenly grows brighter.  Resently in the past few years, there has been dozens of other world discovered around some of the stars. Some of those worlds have a "mass" that is many time bigger than jupenter, in the fact that the star has a wobble, a movement, that appears as if something is pulling the star this way and that.

So rest assure that there are plent of other worlds out there. We are the only ones in the universe. but we are the only one who have fallen and lost contect with the universe. Some day when sin is over, we shall have a reuion with them,...And peace shall return to the universe.

Most of the teaching of astronomy is based upon false ideas. As for the big bang, the explose that is supposely pushing the universe out, Do you really belive it  ?  NO !  There are some things that is not clearly understood, so instead of admiting, those who do not accept the story of creation, try to make up a idea, to explaine, what is it based upon appeareous.  So much for some of the studies. Yet there is a lot of good that astronomers have found. Its just a matter of taking the Bible in one hand and the book of astronomy in the other, and comparing them togather. Dose this agree with that, based up on what God has revealed ?  

Its just like a religion belife, we must shift though it and decided what we will belive. Did you know that God challens us to consider the stars ?  

Edward F. Sutton

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2000, 07:02:00 AM »
Boy I wish I'de read this thread sooner.

Did you know that the stars tell that Einstin is wrong. He said nothing could go faster than light.

Since Orion is the gateway SOP says the New Jerusalem comes through. Orion is 1600 light years away.

When Daniel prayed, in the normal Hebrew cadance others have taken four minutes to pray that prayer in Hebrew. Using a caculator to caculate how fast 1600 light years in 4 minutes in equivilency in miles per hour. I got these figures.

140 Trillion
759 Billion
816 Million  miles per hour.

140,759,816,000,000 - miles per hour by someone who was not supposed to go that fast.

God will empty all Heaven for one praying person who trusts in Him if that's what it takes.

Who knew how the stars would quietly vindicate their Maker, when the main theorist who paved the way for atomic weapons said it wasn't so.

As I type this live tv news is telling how the cops & guns kidnapped the Cuban child & bashed into an american- cuban family and was ready to kill them all. American politics are getting exposed by a crying 21 year old girl on national tv.  

My wife just mentioned that Clinton has used this basic time each year. This aniversary every year since Waco, some thing has happened that Clinto & Reno have moved with American muscle to do something bad.

But God will empty Heaven of all the angels & Himself too to do what ever it takes, keep praying & trusting.

Ed

Ed Sutton

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Lessons in the Stars {Astronomy]
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 06:46:20 PM »
Here is a picture of the eastern sky a couple of months back. Down in the right hand corner you can see one of the constellations mentioned in the Bible. Not too far away is another. Can you tell us what it is? If it helps you can enlarge the picture by clicking on it.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 03:58:50 AM »
I first start seeing Orion low in the eastern sky on my way home from work some time in December.  It's up quite a bit higher now.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »
Yes Wally, Orion is indeed in the lower right. That picture was taken on November 8th, 2017 about 11pm. Now, if you will go up the picture almost straight above the belt of Orion about 2/3rds of the way there is another set of stars that is named specifically in the Bible.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »
Pleiades is an interesting constellation.  I believe the stars in that constellation move in a cluster, while the ones in Orion are moving away from each other.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10