Author Topic: Newly Elected General Conference Officers  (Read 15152 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Newly Elected General Conference Officers
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
GC Vice President Ted N. C. was elected President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists for the next five years.

G.T. Ng was elected Secretary and Robert Lemon was re-elected Treasurer of the General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Larry Lyons

Re: Newly Elected General Conference Officers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »
GC Vice President Ted N. C. was elected President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists for the next five years.

G.T. Ng was elected Secretary and Robert Lemon was re-elected Treasurer of the General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
I am watching a discussion on 3abn and from what is being said, Wilson gave a speech in which he called for a return to historical Adventist values. He said that in current events in the world he sees a "storm coming," and the church must respond with reformation and revival. He also apparantly referred to EGW's statement in which she called for a "return to primitive godliness." Based on what I heard about him a few months ago from someone who knows him, and from the speech he gave, (although I got the highlights second hand) I am encouraged about Wilson as GC president.

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »
What are the functions of the world president ?  How much can they accomplish ? I am not very knowledgeable about just what the world president does beyond being a high profile figurehead.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Larry Lyons

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
What are the functions of the world president ?  How much can they accomplish ? I am not very knowledgeable about just what the world president does beyond being a high profile figurehead.
I believe that the main thing they have is influence. They don't seem to have a lot of authority, although some in the past apparantly weided authority in a negative way.

If I understood Jim Gilley correctly on 3abn, Dan Jackson, the current president of the Canadian Union Conference has been elected president of the North American Division. Does anyone know anthing about him?

colporteur

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 06:36:18 AM »

I have been told he is pro womens ordination.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 07:36:10 AM »
Sadly, he is. Please continue your discussion on Elder Daniel Jackson here: http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php?topic=10676.0
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89