Author Topic: San Francisco/Oakland Quake Coming  (Read 25936 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
San Francisco/Oakland Quake Coming
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
A 6.8-magnitude earthquake rocked Japan's northwest coast on today, killing at least eight people, injuring hundreds and causing a nuclear reactor to leak water containing radioactive material into the sea.

The Kashiwazaki Kariwa nuclear power plant, the world's largest in terms of power output capacity, leaked about 1.2 cubic meters ¡X or 1,200 liters ¡X of water in the building housing one of its seven reactors, said Tokyo Electric Power Co. official Jun Oshima.
source

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
I saw this, Richard. I also saw a monitor for the state of California with several very high risks for today's date. Is this an ongoing monitor that people in California live with?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
Don't know anything about the state's monitor, but I have one of my own and it says that there is a very very high risk of a very large quake in San Francisco and Oakland. It would be good for those who live there to move as soon as possible. My monitor says that it is not a matter of years away, but much sooner. When I look at the monitor, I would shudder if I were not a Christian since I am presently in San Francisco.  

My monitor also shows Sydney to be high on the risk list.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
http://www.plentymag.com/news/2007/07/
problems_persist_at_japanese_n.php

Environmental News

(Jul 18, 2007)

Problems persist at Japanese nuclear plant rocked by earthquake

By Eric Talmadg
From AP

KASHIWAZAKI, Japan (AP) - A long list of problems - including radiation leaks, burst pipes and fires - came to light Tuesday at the world's largest nuclear power plant, a day after it was hit by a powerful earthquake.

The malfunctions and a delay in reporting them fueled concerns about the safety of Japan's 55 nuclear reactors, which have suffered a string of accidents and cover-ups.

''They raised the alert too late. I have sent stern instructions that such alerts must be raised seriously and swiftly,'' Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told reporters in Tokyo. ''Those involved should reflect on their actions.''

The president of the plant's operator, Tsunehisa Katsumata of Tokyo Electric Power Co., inspected the site Wednesday morning and was expected to meet with local officials to report on the safety situation later, TEPCO spokesman Yoshinori Mori said.

Kashiwazaki-Kariwa is the world's largest nuclear plant in power output capacity. Japan's nuclear plants supply about 30 percent of the country's electricity, but its dependence on nuclear power is coupled with deep misgivings over safety.

The power plant suffered broken pipes, water leaks and spills of radioactive waste when it was hit by the earthquake Monday, the plant operator said.

Signs of problems, however, came first not from the officials, but in a plume of smoke that rose up when the quake triggered a small fire at an electrical transformer.

It was announced only 12 hours later that the magnitude 6.8 temblor also caused a leak of about 315 gallons of water containing radioactive material. Officials said the water leak was well within safety standards. The water was flushed into the sea.

The company also said a small amount of radioactive materials cobalt-60 and chromium-51 had been emitted into the atmosphere from an exhaust stack.

aerasmus

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Myers:
Don't know anything about the state's monitor, but I have one of my own and it says that there is a very very high risk of a very large quake in San Francisco and Oakland. It would be good for those who live there to move as soon as possible. My monitor says that it is not a matter of years away, but much sooner. When I look at the monitor, I would shudder if I were not a Christian since I am presently in San Francisco.  

My monitor also shows Sydney to be high on the risk list.

Brother Richard, very interesting statement, would you like to elaborate please... I would be very interested in hearing more

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
Since this is an open forum, I cannot go into a lot of detail, but suffice it to say that Jesus is coming soon and we can expect earthquakes in many areas increasing.

For those who are interested in San Francisco let me say that we can safely call Oakland and San Francisco, Sodom and Gomorrah. This is not a new thing, but goes back to the early days of the 20th century. In 1906 San Francisco experienced its great earthquake.

Here is San Francisco just days before the April 1906 quake and fires that destroyed the city.  Days Before the Quake

San Francisco and Oakland are becoming as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Lord will visit them. Not far hence they will suffer under His judgments.--Ms 30, 1903. 

While at Loma Linda, the second night after the dedication of the sanitarium, there passed before me a most wonderful representation. During a vision of the night, I stood on an eminence, from which I could see houses shaken like a reed in the wind. Buildings, great and small, were falling to the ground. Pleasure resorts, theaters, hotels, and the homes of the wealthy were shaken and shattered. Many lives were blotted out of existence, and the air was filled with the shrieks of the injured and the terrified.

The destroying angels of God were at work. One touch, and buildings so thoroughly constructed that men regarded them as secure against every danger, quickly became heaps of rubbish. There was no assurance of safety in any place. I did not feel in any special peril, but the awfulness of the scenes that passed before me I can not find words to describe. It seemed that the forbearance of God was exhausted, and that the Judgment day had come. 

The angel that stood by my side then instructed me that but few have any conception of the wickedness existing in our world today, and especially the wickedness in the large cities. He declared that the Lord has appointed a time when he will visit transgressors in wrath for persistent disregard of his law. 

At about one o'clock I awoke, and was impressed to write out some things regarding the supreme rulership of God, and the sacredness of his law. When I met my secretary early in the morning, I told her that wonderful representations had been passing before me in the night season. After breakfast, we received a message asking us to go to Los Angeles by the afternoon train; but I was unable to take any part in preparing for the journey. I was as one dazed by the awful scenes that had passed before me. 

We went to Glendale, near Los Angeles, and the following night, April 17, further representations passed before me. I seemed to be in an assembly, setting before the people the requirements of God's law. I read the scriptures regarding the institution of the Sabbath in Eden at the close of the creation week, and regarding the giving of the law at Sinai; and then I showed that the Sabbath was to be observed "for a perpetual covenant," as a sign between God and his people forever, that they may know that they are sanctified by the Lord, their Creator. 

Then I dwelt upon the supreme rulership of God above all earthly rulers. His law is to be the standard of action. None are to pervert their senses by intemperance, or by yielding their minds to satanic influences: for this makes impossible the keeping of God's law. While the divine Ruler bears long with perversity, he is not deceived, and will not always keep silence. His supremacy, his authority as Ruler of the universe, must finally be acknowledged, and the just claims of his law vindicated. 

Much more instruction regarding the long-sufferance of God, and the necessity of arousing transgressors to a realization of their perilous position in his sight, was repeated to the people, as received from my instructor. 

Wednesday morning, April 18, I was to speak in the church at Los Angeles, where the Southern California Conference was assembled. As we neared the church, we heard the newsboys crying, "San Francisco destroyed by an earthquake!" With a heavy heart I read the first hastily printed news of the terrible disaster. 

Two weeks later, on our homeward journey, we went by the way of San Jose, Mountain View, and San Francisco. As we traveled northward, we saw some of the effects of the earthquake; and when we entered San Jose, we could see that large buildings had collapsed, and that others had been seriously damaged. RH, May 24, 1906   

In 1989 San Francisco and Oakland experienced a warning quake that killed very few. This quake came when the eyes of the world were upon both Oakland and San Francisco. It was not a coincidence.

The quake came in October and a few weeks later the city voted on a health insurance program to cover unmarried couples. The voters turned the ballot measure down. But, after forgetting the quake some years later passed a measure to insure not only unmarried, but also homosexual couples. The week following the quake, by prior arrangement with the city, over 300,000 copies of The Great Controversy were distributed throughout the city. This was not a coincidence.

So, as the day draws nigh when we shall see our Saviour in the clouds of glory, before this great day, San Francisco shall reap what she has sown.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Well, Richard ...

4.2 magnitude earthquake shakes up East Bay, San Francisco
Mercury News staff and wire services
Article Launched: 07/20/2007 05:07:00 AM PDT

On the Web

* Did you feel it? Tell us your story here
   * USGS maps of the Berkeley quake
   * Complete USGS information about the Berkeley quake
   * USGS live California/Nevada quake map

An earthquake centered in the Oakland hills shook the Bay Area this morning for anywhere from ten to 30 seconds, knocking out power to about 1,400 people.

Preliminary reports from the U.S. Geological Survey show that the 4.2 magnitude earthquake struck at 4:42 a.m.

The epicenter was east of Highway 13 near Holy Names University and Joaquin Miller Park.

One Berkeley resident said the quake woke her up and that she felt about 30 seconds of strong shaking. Her porch light on a pendant swung after the rumble subsided, but the quake caused no damage.

The Associated Press said there were reports of items falling off shelves and broken glass, although no immediate indication of any serious damage or injuries.

Pacific Gas & Electric Co. spokesman David Eisenhower told Bay City News that about 1,400 customers lost their power in 20 separate outages.

The majority of the outages occurred in the Oakland area, which is where the epicenter of the quake was. Crews are still investigating and will have updates throughout the morning, he said.

A dispatcher at the Oakland Police Department told the news agency that police were getting calls about alarms going off.

In Berkeley, an employee at a Safeway grocery store on Shattuck Avenue near UC-Berkeley said two large windows were broken but there were no injuries at the store.

For more on this developing story, return to http://www.mercurynews.com

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
This quake was only a warning of what is coming. Notice that it hit both Oakland and San Francisco, Sodom and Gomorrah. It interesting that this warning came to Oakland and San Francisco only seven hours after I explained what is coming very soon.

Again, it would be good for those living in these two evil cities to move away from them. Pray that God will open the door for this to happen. There is a lesson for those living in Oakland and San Francisco. Study the life of Lot and see what happens when one puts his family in such an environment. Today, while there is still opportunity we all need to make the changes that will bring us peace in this world and everlasting life.

I was awakened at 4:40 this morning when the quake hit. I was not in the city, but some miles south on the penisula. It was not felt very strongly, but felt. My thoughts were on the message I posted seven hours before. Just a warning of what is coming. God does not do things without first warning. The warnings have been given.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
Quake Jolts San Francisco Bay Area

Friday July 20, 2007 1:46 PM

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A magnitude 4.1 earthquake jolted San Francisco Bay area residents awake early Friday.

There were reports of items falling off shelves and broken glass, but no immediate reports of serious damage or injuries.

The earthquake struck at 4:42 a.m. about 2 miles east of Oakland, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, and it could be felt on both sides of the San Francisco Bay.  source

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
1989 San Francisco/Oakland quake--

The Loma Prieta earthquake was a major earthquake the struck the San Francisco Bay Area of California on October 17, 1989 at 5:04 p.m. The earthquake lasted approximately 15 seconds and measured 6.9 on the moment magnitude scale (surface-wave magnitude 7.1). The epicenter was located in Forest of Nisene Marks State Park, in the Santa Cruz Mountains (geographical coordinates 37.04¢X N 121.88¢X W), near unincorporated Aptos and approximately 16 km (10 miles) northeast of Santa Cruz. The quake was named for the nearby Loma Prieta Peak which lies 8 km (5 miles) to the north-northeast.

The earthquake caused major damage as far away as the Marina District in San Francisco, 95 km (60 miles) away from the epicenter. It caused severe damage throughout the San Francisco Bay region, most notably in San Francisco and Oakland, but also in many other communities located throughout the region, including areas of Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey Counties. Most of the major property damage that occurred in the more distant areas resulted from liquefaction of soil used over the years to fill in the waterfront and then built upon. Effects included sand volcanoes, landslides, and ground ruptures.

The earthquake occurred during the warm up for the third game of the 1989 World Series, coincidentally featuring both of the Bay Area's Major League Baseball teams, the Oakland Athletics and the San Francisco Giants. This was the first major earthquake in the U.S. to be broadcast on live television.

source

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
From 1906

The San Francisco Earthquake, 1906--

The terrifying rumble of an earthquake shattered the early morning silence of April 18 at 5:15 AM. The quake lasted only a minute but caused the worst natural disaster in the nation's history. Modern analysis estimates it registered 8.25 on the Richter scale. By comparison, the quake that hit San Francisco on October 17, 1989 registered 6.7.

The greatest destruction came from the fires the quake ignited. These ravaged the city for three days before burning themselves out. The maelstrom destroyed 490 city blocks, a total of 25,000 buildings, made over 250,000 homeless and killed between 450 and 700. Damage estimates topped $350,000,000.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Reading the story only reminded me that you said this last night. Any chance of you and your mom moving northward? Is she in any condition to transfer to a hospital near Redding?

Liane H

• http://
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
There are four hot spots for earthquakes in the world are the United States, Japan, South America and Southwest Asia.

Brazil just had a 6.1 today and all along the western side of South America there has been an increase of high earthquakes in that region of the world. I suspect this western side of the Americas is all connected and will increase in larger earthquakes in the near future.

Both San Francisco, Los Angeles and Orange County are all ripe for a big one very soon.  It is interesting to note that there have been some big ones in the Santa Rosa area between San Francisco and Los Angeles in the last year as well.

There is not question that both Los Angeles and San Francisco are way overdue for a big one.

But the issue of earthquakes is more to be seen as in "diver places" then in just one place or two. In Scriputre the issue of earthquakes as stated in Matthew, Mark and Luke:

24:7   For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Divers means: Several and various and this we are seeing around the world. In fact they are becoming so commonplace around the world they rarely are given any news coverage as they were in past years.

Of the four the United States has not had any major earthquakes since 1990's in any major region of California or anywhere else. No question that California is ready for a big one, it is just a matter of where and not when it will happen.  

It would be interesting to see if there is a significance in regard to Scripture and Prophecy of these four regions around the world.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

[This message has been edited by Liane H (edited 07-21-2007).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
The coming earthquake in San Francisco has nothing to do with fault lines. God will decide when to destroy the city with an earthquake. It has everything to do with the people who live there and the warning messages that are given. Like Sodom, God cares about those who live there, but when the cup is full, then the quake will come. The cup is full and the city is being warned. Like Lot's wife, many refuse to leave the things of this world.

Deb

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
Are there some surrounding towns that are close to San Francisco? I know Oakland is close, what about San Jose? I'm not familiar with the area...but isn't St. Helena close too? where we have our hospital? Perhaps it is further away, I don't know.

I agree with you Richard and the others who posted in this topic: SF and LA are definitely ripe for a big one!!

I'm sorry, I forgot to add--Richard you said something about keeping track of earthquakes and how certain places are high on the list--could you tell us where this is? Is it online?

[This message has been edited by Deb (edited 07-21-2007).]

Deb

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »
Here is a place to go to find out the most current earthquakes.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php

Liane H

• http://
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
I get e-mails daily of all earthquakes around the world that are 5.0 or higher. It is the trend that I have seen with these reports sent to me of where they are happening.

Faults do not play a role in my observation, but where they are taking place and where they are not taking place.

There could be small ones that I do not know of that could be the beginning of big ones.

I am reminded of that Placerville, New York and my home state of Rhode Island both had earthquakes in areas that has no faults. That should in itself be an eye opener that earthquakes can happen anyplace and any where in the world.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Sister Deb, St. Helena is is over an hour away from San Francisco.

There are many cities surrounding San Francisco, but the issue I speak of pertains only to two cities, Oakland and San Francisco. The quake has nothing to do with faults, but sins.

DHThiele

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
My wife, sons, and I were visiting family in Tokyo when the earthquake hit Japan. The epicenter was Niigata. They had an earthquake there three years ago that was also a 6.8. To those of us in Tokyo, the quake was a 4.0. This earthquake was more shallow than the one three years ago, and did more structural damage. If not for an ankle injury that occurred earlier in the week, my brother-in-law would have had to go to Niigata, since he works for NTT. A lot of phone and electrical lines were down. It was quite the news story, with a lot of video recording the earthquake itself (usually these video feeds recorded weather events). Many roads were damaged. One train, which was stopped at a station and not in motion, was knocked over on its side. If it had been moving at full speed, many more people would have died. Bad enough that so many were injured.

In Tokyo, the quake felt circular. At first I thought I was suffering from a dizzy spell that was in sync with the agitation of the washing machine close by me. A native Californian who has experienced quakes in the USA and Japan, it was different from any previous experience.

Two days earlier, as we were traveling by Shinkansen from Osaka, I was thinking that with all the rain that the typhoon had dumped on eastern Japan, that an earthquake was a strong possibility. So when the west coastal city of Niigata was hit by the earthquake, I was not surprised.

On a more positive note, our last Sabbath in Japan, we witnessed six baptisms (five women and one man) at the Harajuku SDA Church, located near the Meiji Shrine in Tokyo.

Whenever there is a baptism at the Harajuku SDA Church, there are 13 members selected to give a testimony about one of the beliefs. That Sabbath, one of the members gave a wonderful testimony on the Spirit of Prophecy. (My wife told me it was, and I took her word for it since I do not understand but a few words of Japanese.)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »
It is important to note that the earthquakes are one of the important signs of the nearness of Christ's second coming. At times we tend to forget this.

Back to San Francisco and earthquakes. Why will God bring another great quake upon this wicked city?

Responding to pressure from Christian groups, the Miller Brewing Co. is asking organizers of a "gay" street celebration in San Francisco to remove its logo from a promotional poster portraying Jesus Christ and his disciples as "half-naked homosexual sadomasochists." source

Concerned Women for America first drew attention to the Last Supper poster yesterday.

The group wants California's elected officials – including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer – to "publicly condemn this unprovoked attack against Christ and His followers."

"We further challenge the media to cover this affront to Christianity with the same vigor as recent stories about cartoon depictions of Muhammad and other items offensive to the Muslim community," said Matt Barber, CWFA's policy director for cultural issues.

Barber pointed out San Francisco taxpayers help foot the bill for the fair by providing police support – to shut down several city blocks and provide security.

A police lieutenant confirmed officers are on the clock during the event, not paid for by the organizers.

The Folsom Street Fair website also lists San Francisco's environment department and its Grants for the Arts –which comes out of the hotel tax fund – as sponsors.

"The most unimaginable and vile acts of debauchery are commonplace during the fair," Barber said.

"Senator Larry Craig was arrested and driven out of the Senate for allegedly soliciting public 'gay' sex, yet during this event the city of San Francisco suspends the law and allows 'gay' men and women to parade the streets fully nude, many having sex – even group orgies – in broad daylight, while taxpayer-funded police officers look on and do absolutely nothing."

Barber encouraged mainstream media to cover the event with cameras in hand.

"There's an unbelievable news story here," he said. "The Folsom Street Fair is reminiscent of biblical Sodom and Gomorrah, and the media should document exactly what the city of San Francisco is allowing to occur – in public – in the name of 'tolerance.'"

Yes, there is an "unbelievable news story here."  Yes, San Francisco and Oakland are indeed Sodom and Gomorrah and the world see it. This is why an earthquake is coming upon these two wicked cities. God will not just allow it, but will bring it. The sincere of heart are encouraged to move from San Francisco now. Pray about how to do it and God will open the door wide. Flee from the wickedness that surrounds these two evil cities while there is still time.

God loves us, but He will not continue to allow San Francisco and Oakland to be the evil influence they are in the world without protest. He has not changed and the fire that rained down upon Sodom and Gomorrah is but a faint reminder of what will happen in the future to similar cities. For San Francisco and Oakland, not fire, but an earthquake of huge proportions. Flee these two wicked cities.