Author Topic: "Natural" Flavors and Colors (bugs) in Your Food  (Read 22946 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
"Natural" Flavors and Colors (bugs) in Your Food
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2005, 08:26:00 AM »
Your experience has been mine also, Brother Bill. I have been reading labels for over thirty years. But, I have missed things. The "natural" flavors was one and the carminic acid was another.

As for the water, I have been filtering it for many years also. Today I am getting more concerned about drinking out of a fountain when in public. When the drinking water comes out of a river there is much that is in it. Maybe we need a new topic for that one.  :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
The following messages were moved from a duplicate topic.

Richard Sherwin
posted 01-29-2006 05:07 PM

So where do you think that food coloring came from?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/27/insect.dye.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

liane
posted 01-29-2006 06:33 PM

Leviticus:

11:21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
11:22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

Matthew:

3:4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

Now they do know, don't they, if they read the article. This is not new, but covered over and forgotten, but I guess some have not.

It does make it difficult for the vegetarians. One has to read the labels such Welch's state no "artifical flavors or colors."

Well bugs are not artifical, they are natural. So when it says natural does not mean the fruit, but anything natural such as bugs.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Richard Sherwin
posted 01-29-2006 06:58 PM

Well I can also tell you that if you ever eat honey, you are eating the bees as well. They and their juices end up in the honey, it just happens in commercial operations. Just as all flour has bugs in it so does honey and I expect a lot of other food as well. I remember eating frozen spinich a number of years ago and bit into a beatle.

Now if I could just get grossed out enough maybe I'd eat less

Brother "bee man" Sherwin

Michelle
posted 01-29-2006 07:10 PM

I often find caterpillars in my broccoli.

I remember once my mom grew broccoli (only once!). It was heavily infested with caterpillars. My dad's boss was eating with us, and I looked at the dish and noticed a caterpillar in the broccoli at the same instant my mom did. She shot me a death look and I said nothing. I don't remember what she did to get rid of it.

M

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
Some may not consider the information contained in this topic important, but because  of the counsel we have been given on the transfer of animal diseases to man, it is important. Sister Wendy's discovery of calcium from animal sources in her food is a case in point. Today, everyone knows that you don't want to be eating bones from cows. It is a risk material for mad cow disease which is transfered to man and called CJD.

How much does it take to kill you? Not much? Does cooking kill the mad cow disease? Nope. Many coroners are refusing to work on those who are suspected of having CJD. You have to ask "How come"? They have protective clothing. Why the concern? Because the prions can be highly infectious.

Sister Dee

Re: "Natural" Flavors and Colors (bugs) in Your Food
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »
Oh, my!  I came across this topic by accident.  Though I thought I was onto a lot of the hidden ingredients in foods, I did learn of quite a few more things to avoid and beware of.  Since this thread is years old, I am sure there are more things lurking out there. 

Perhaps others would benefit from reading through this as well. 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 06:43:07 PM »
Shocking, isn't it, Diane?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 09:42:28 AM »
For what its worth--

Richard:

We appreciate you contacting us with your questions about Dole Juice.

To begin, with regards to natural flavors, many natural flavors are used as flavor enhancers to our juice and are components from fruit and other natural ingredients. We regret that we cannot tell you the exact flavors as the information relates to our formula and is confidential.

To answer your concern about animal by products, Dole and Tropicana products do not contain any animal by products with the exception of any product that may contain cochineal.

On to MSG, if any of our products contain MSG, it must be listed as "monosodium glutamate" and is not under the term "natural flavor" if it's included in our product formulation.

Last but not least, with regards to colors, labeling laws require that artificial colors and flavors be listed in the ingredients if they are included in our formula. Be assured that we follow all labeling laws that are required.

I hope that all of this information is helpful, Richard. Thank you for your business and interest in our products.

Margie
Tropicana Consumer Relations

She says "Be assured that we follow all labeling laws that are required."   Really makes one feel comfortable. They must think we are dumb, or else they just hope we are. Many don't question what they put into their bodies. If it tastes good, then they are happy. I guess they do get away with it after all. :(

Lewis

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »
may contain cochineal.

That is in many drinks including some of the vitamin/energy drinks today.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »
Well they aren't telling the truth then are they since the Vitamin D comes from porcine sources correct? Perhaps (giving the benefit of the doubt) the person you spoke with doesn't realize the source of the Vitamin D?

Vicki

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
By the way, L-Cysteine (in the Subway wrap, for example) is usually made from human hair but could come from chicken feathers and cow horns.<P><A HREF="http://www.albalagh.net/halal/col2.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.albalagh.net/halal/col2.shtml</A><P>(This is a Muslim site, the "halal" is the same as the Jewish "kosher")<P>------------------
Bill Wennell
BiblicalTruths2000@Juno.com

I was reading this link and called our 8yo son over to read along with me about L-Cysteine. We are thouroughly grossed out. We will be re-reading the ingredients of our favorite bagels next time we shop and are in total agreement that we'd rather not eat human hair, chicken feathers or cow horns.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »
So much for my kid's favorite veggie subs.  :-\