Author Topic: Using quote feature  (Read 3648 times)

Sister Dee

Using quote feature
« on: January 04, 2010, 03:15:08 PM »
Can anyone give me an idea just why when I quote something and go to type a response that the page keeps jumping back up every time I press a key and I can't see what I'm writing?  Does that make any sense?  I guess I can always copy and paste.   ::)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Using quote feature
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 05:14:05 PM »
Can anyone give me an idea just why when I quote something and go to type a response that the page keeps jumping back up every time I press a key and I can't see what I'm writing?  Does that make any sense?  I guess I can always copy and paste.   ::)

If you figure it out let me know.  It does that to me on my work computer, but never on my one at home.  It's a complete mystery.  I've taken to typing my responses on a word document or e-mail, and then copying and pasting them to my post.  It's less frustrating.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »
Someone else had that problem, I think Won Bae? Maybe Jim can find that topic.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 08:17:14 PM »
I know Ed has the problem on his computer and it's pretty bad.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:44:17 AM »
Someone else had that problem, I think Won Bae? Maybe Jim can find that topic.

I remember it being discussed before, but I don't remember anyone offering a solution.  Maybe I should take the easy way out and ask my son if he has any ideas.  It seems to me that it must be a problem with the individual computer, and not the TRO website.  Otherwise we'd all be having the same problem.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:51:01 AM »
Since this is computer or application specific it will be hard to diagnose from a computer that doesn't behave this way.

I will suggest one thing that maybe you guys have already tried.

1) If you normally use Firefox switch to IE (temporarily) to see if it makes a difference

2) If you normally use IE switch to Firefox (Temporarily) to see if it makes a difference

If the behavior is only in Firefox I would suggest saving your bookmarks and then uninstall Firefox and re-install it.

However if the behavior is only in IE.... ummm... not sure what to suggest at this point. :(
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:34:11 AM »
You could also try Google Chrome, Google's browser that I have found to be noticeably faster that FF or IE.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 07:09:46 AM »
I was using Internet Explorer to view some of the GYC videos on USTREAM because Firefox would not allow me to play them. While viewing them, I hopped onto the forum to check recent posts and when responding to posts, this same thing happened to me. So, after the sermons were over on USTREAM, I got out of IE and went back to Firefox and did not have that problem.

It seems as if we discovered why the screen jumps but I cannot locate the topic where we initially discussed it.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 07:40:57 AM »
I just installed Chrome :)  Thanks, Immanuel. It is faster! :D

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »

Thanks to my son, I just discovered that it doesn't do it when I'm using Firefox, only with Internet Explorer; and it depends on the version of IE.  The version at home is different than the version at work.   That still doesn't explain why it does it, but at least I can switch to Firefox when I get frustrated.