Author Topic: e-Sword Bible Software  (Read 22568 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: e-Sword Bible Software
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »
I am thoroughly happy to see the additional books they have included in these various modules. What powerful tools!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »
MS Paint.

Press "Alt" and "Print Screen/SysRQ" at the same time. Then open Paint, go to Edit and choose Paste. There is your screen shot. Save it as a jpg in your picture files and you are good to go.

Ah ha!  :D :D :D :D  I learned something new! Of course I don't know what I will use it for but I am excited about it!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
 ;D

Isn't that the neatest trick? Of course, it does not work on this particular computer, but it did with the other one.

Vicki

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »
Congratulations on your new computer.  I hope it has a lot of bells and whistles the old one didn't have.  :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »
Thank you! It is far from new but a far cry better than the old one.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »
Just thought I'd bump this current since e-Sword has released a new version.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 06:38:56 PM »
Now available for the iPad.

http://www.e-sword.net/ipad/
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »
Can't afford iphones and ipads. But, I have androids.  I just was asking about esword for Android. Anyone know of such a thing?  The EGW books on Android appear to be very poorly designed for Android. Either I can't figure out how to search, or it is impossible to search the whole database. It seems I have to search book by book.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »
Well I was excited that e-Sward was available for iOS until I discovered that it costs $4.99. It's probably good price for what you get but unfortunately I'm spoiled with the free version for windows.

I have never used this program but I have a friend who told me that he thought it was a good Bible program for linux and it seems that they've developed it for android. It's called MySword

I have never used an Android device before so I can't speak to it but is the android app that you're using from the EGW Estate? The app they wrote for iOS seems very well done. However, I have the opposite problem. I can't figure how to search in just one book as it always seems to search the whole database :( 

ltvvaughn

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:57 AM »
I've used e-sword for years on my pc's.  It has been very helpful.  On my Android phone, I use "And Bible."  It is similar to e-sword and is also free. 

I haven't had any issues with EGW on my Android phone, Richard.  I'm able to search everything at once.  Not sure what your problem may be.  You might have a corrupted installation and need to reinstall. 

LtV
LtV
If we can't be united in Truth . . . we dare not unite at all!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »
Thanks, LtV.  I would really enjoy using it. It is encouraging to know that it is me and not the app. We got 4g not long ago and I have gotten used to turning to my phone and really want to search the disc when not at home.   As for paying for the e-sword app, the only problem i have is giving Google my name, phone, number, address, and credit card number. I have not done it and will forgo any app in order to keep from doing it.  As some don't appreciate Microsoft, I have a dislike for how Google and facebook work. I quit using gmail and don't use Google search all the time.  Happy there is competition with Apple even though I don't use them for anything.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 05:31:51 PM »
Richard, I don't blame you for not giving your info to google. However, there is a way to still purchase apps and that is to go the store and purchase a google-play gift card. I know they can be had for $10 and I think I've even seem them as low as $5.00  This is nice when you only want to purchase a single app. However, I haven't yet myself purchased an app on the google play store.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 05:34:45 PM »
I have a question for those who have use e-sword. When I use the search option I often need much narrower search ranges then the preset ones that come on e-sword. Often I'll be searching for words in just one or two books or desire to search matthew-john without the book of Acts. However, i have to choose custom search every time. So my question is this. Is there a way to create your own pre-defined search ranges in e-sword?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 07:43:11 AM »
Thanks, Jim. Will take a look.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »
http://www.sharpeningthesword.net/new_sts_website_010.htm

There are new EGW modules available for e-sword. It appears to be most everything she has written. Amazing.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
e-sword is amazing. that it includes our materials is amazing!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »
http://www.sharpeningthesword.net/new_sts_website_010.htm

There are new EGW modules available for e-sword. It appears to be most everything she has written. Amazing.

There are even more modules available this year!  :)