Author Topic: Biblical Questions?  (Read 3658 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Biblical Questions?
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:59:28 PM »
In the Bread of Life Forum we have attempted to address important doctrinal matters. We do not mean to ignore other subjects. We will use this topic "Biblical Questions" to allow our members to ask their Bible questions. We may not always get an answer, but I would imagine that from our fellowship we will get some good very answers to many of your questions. Ask away!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Donna H

Re: Biblical Questions?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
It has been told to me that the enemy is able to put thoughts into my head, but cannot hear my thoughts. How do I know this in scripture? I haven't found where that is stated or explained in scripture. Can you help me with that?
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »

Donna, here are two from Scripture. I know there are others. This is a good beginning on the topic:

2 Chronicles 6:30, which says, "then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men)".

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God 1 Corinthians 2:11
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Donna H

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:35:08 AM »
Thanks guys!
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
John 8:

Jesus shows how this operates.

37  I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

(no place in them = it's not something in their minds/hearts and they refuse the thoughts God tries to awaken and listen to Satan's communications)

38 ¶  I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.  ( Sons speak & do what their spiritual leaders communicate to them.)

39  They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40  But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 

(Jesus - I have heard of God, it means He was listening while God was speaking, they were listening to Satan.)

41  Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42  Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43  Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.   (If they cannot hear Jesus it is because they listen to Satan with their mind/heart )

44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.   

( Satan speaks to them and even implants his desires <lusts> into them,  they do not use God's power to repel these things, they drink them in and follow them - so they Biblically hear and listen, and are changed into harmony with the speaker - Satan )

Looking up the word thoughts in online Bible I can not find a single verse affording Satan the divine power to read thoughts,  John the Baptist, and prophets, and Jesus had it, so then it is the work of the Holy Ghost in a person and it is on loan for as long as the Holy Ghost decides it ought to stay. It is not a power originated by any created creature, even the rebellious Lucifer & the 1/3 of the rebellious angels lost it, once they rebelled. 
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Donna H

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »
 :)  Thanks.