Author Topic: Fall 2009  (Read 7815 times)

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Re: Fall 2009
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »
We had an intense storm pass through around 3:30 A.M. Temp is 40 and the potbelly is roaring - guess what I saw at first light? Snow on the back of the ski basin!  Cheesy Yippee - here we go!

I'm not sure that you said this meaning that you really enjoyed winter this much. I recall your being snowed in and getting cabin fever etc....    :)

I do enjoy it so much. Maybe because I spent so long in the deserts of Arizona and Ca. I'm so glad to be in the four seasons again. My kids are starting to wonder if I am ever going to be in the real world..... you know, the one that hates bad weather. I told them to be patient, it might come, but for now...... let me be a kid and enjoy the snow and the storms. :)

I take quite a few pictures of nature and storms and snow. We had been looking at some of them today when I found the one I took in the spring this year. I seen the sharp lightening I caught on it. I'd been looking for that thinking it was a picture I took, now to find it was a movie. That was something to see on video. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
After 60 days of it, that was enough!

We met when I was snowed in three years ago.  ;) It was a trial, but a huge blessing came from it! My house was cleaned from top to bottom, all the closets were reordered, I got caught up on ironing, letter writing and phone calls, then discovered The Remnant Online and you guys have been stuck with me ever since!  :P  
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 05:03:07 AM »
We met when I was snowed in three years ago.  Wink It was a trial, but a huge blessing came from it! My house was cleaned from top to bottom, all the closets were reordered, I got caught up on ironing, letter writing and phone calls, then discovered The Remnant Online and you guys have been stuck with me ever since!   

:)  :)  Stuck for a lifetime!!!
With Christian Love,
Marie

Sister Dee

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 07:31:41 AM »
Sounds to me that being snowed in can turn out to be a real blessing!   :D  I wouldn't mind seeing some early snow.   ;D  We have had a good bit of rain out of this system and more to come.  Most welcome!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 08:14:48 AM »
Did we hear the sound of joy at the thought of "winter" coming?   Poor Wally, just got summer and the snow is already falling! It's ok, soon there will be no more winter or summer!!  Just perpetual spring!!   :)  Besides which that post was "off topic"!!    :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 12:18:23 PM »
Fall foliage season is in full swing here in northern New England, so I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took this morning.  This is about a mile (as the eagle flies) from our house.

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »
Here's another one.  I'm still trying to figure out how to use this camera properly.  ::)

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
Impressive, Wally!
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »
Impressive, Wally!

It's hard to take a bad picture here this time of year--if the sun is shining and the air is calm.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »
Stunning, Wally! Wow!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Tremendous pictures Wally. Spring and Fall I am again taking pictures of the beauty of changing leaves. In between it is the storms and clouds. I would not mind seeing snow early either. I love to see it snow, not so crazy when it comes to driving in it however!!  ;)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 09:44:16 PM »
Don't feel sorry for you and your cold temps any more, dear brother. The rewards are great!! Beautiful country!! Love those trees and the water! And the clean air!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »
The first frost came 3 weeks early and caught me by surprise. Perhaps it's the fault of global warming - all the talk had me in denial about changing seasons.  ;) The majority of the garden died, and has left us with a huge pile of green tomatoes and watermelons in the living room. It's the time of year to can apples, so we have boxes of those in the kitchen. I love the rich colors of autumn in food as well as trees. No trees around here to change colors, so I enjoy the gorgeous red apples, orange pumpkins...hmm, and green tomatoes.

Lewis

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »
Over the weekend our county in which I live received from 6-17 inches of snow. Highs over the weekend were in the low 20's. This is the third time we have gotten snow since September. Also 2 ski resorts have opened a week or two ago. The earliest in 40 years or so. Usually these particular 2 resorts open by the middle to end of October, but they had snow on the ground since the middle of September, and the weather has been cold enough during the day, so they figured that an 18" base was good enough to start with.

Vicki

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »
Lewis, I'll count desert living as one of my blessings when compared to that much snow.  :) We saw about 10 snowflakes last week - suits me just fine.

It's raining today. It's nice for a change even if it does get everything muddy. (We pulled the last of the beets this morning and the kitchen floor suffered the results.) We had one good rain storm pass through this summer, other than that I think it's been since May since wet stuff came out of the sky. I do miss having more of a change of seasons, but not shoveling!