Author Topic: Monitors  (Read 1486 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Monitors
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
Jim - my monitor may be in the throes of death. About a month ago everything was a very pale shade of pink. I kept auto adjusting and it finally quit fading. Now, it is fading to a very pale shade of green. Something's up. WDYT? Is this how they die?

It is a Dell flat screen. Are their lives short? Daughter gave me this one when she upgraded, so I am not sure how old it is.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Monitors
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:07:54 PM »
It's not too often that monitors die to be honest but it does happen. In your case there are only two possibilities. 1) loose connections either at back of the monitor or at the computer 2) your monitor is indeed giving warning signs that it's about to die.  Hopefully, maybe you still have your old crt (old style monitor) still sitting around.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:32:39 AM »
Thank you, Jim. The connection on back of the tower was ready to fall out of the socket.  :o Surely that was the problem. Thank you!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »
God hears prayers before we even pray!  :)

For anyone who does have a bad monitor, they are a dime a dozen at the thrift stores (CRTs).  I like my CRTs. We use 32 inch HD monitors for graphics and video work, but my internet time is spent on my 19 in CRT. It works just fine!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.