Author Topic: Java Exploit  (Read 1647 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Java Exploit
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:50:44 PM »
I received information that there is a Java threat. Safari users are being notified to disable Java.

I have not had time to research this, but it came from a credible source. Someone may take a look. I have disabled my Java until I get more info.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Java Exploit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »
I made not have been clear. This does not just effect Safari, but other browsers also.

Also, this is not JavaScript, but Java.
To disable Java in Firefox, go to Tools, Options, Content.......untick Enable Java.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »
From what I am finding, this looks like the clickjacking threat which is in a pinned topic in this board. I just added a link to a new article about it which indicates it works in Java based using iframes.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:23:10 PM »