Author Topic: Darwin would think again  (Read 2764 times)

Brian M

Darwin would think again
« on: April 04, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »
Darrell Bellaart, The Daily News
Published: Saturday, April 04, 2009

Armed with the knowledge that exists today, Charles Darwin may not have written the theory of evolution, Nanaimo-Alberni MP James Lunney told the House of Commons this week.

"Any scientist who declares that the theory of evolution is a fact has already abandoned the foundations of science," Lunney said in the House on Thursday. Given what is known today, he added: "Darwin would be willing to re-examine his assumptions."

The MP raised the issue two weeks after Science and Technology Minister Gary Goodyear, a Christian, sidestepped questions about his belief in evolution.

Lunney's brief speech contained references to controversial theories espoused by Robert V. Gentry, a creationist, Seventh-day Adventist Church member and nuclear physicist.

Full article at http://www2.canada.com/nanaimodailynews/news/story.html?id=a151fc02-31fa-460a-b14f-1ab9ab54b6e5
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Darwin would think again
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Interesting indeed. I wonder what kind of reception his remarks received?
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 10:02:57 PM »
By the world he is seen as a "crackpot".  It is rather amazing since evolution is so far fetched. But, then when did those who reject the Bible ever think otherwise. They see truth as as lie and lies as truth. :(
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 05:11:12 AM »
It is indeed a sad day when it is considered "controversial" to question the evolutionary theory.

"Scienctists'" answer to things they can't explain (especially if it flies in the face of their cherished theory), such as the existence of radio halos, is to try and discredit the scientist who dares to propose another explanation.  They don't do that in any other field of science.  If that's not a conspiracy to supress the truth I don't know what is.

So far evolutionist have not come up with another explanation to Gentry's research.  The radiohalos have a half life of only a few minutes, and could not exist if the earth was formed in the manner described by evolutionists.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10