Author Topic: Why a Topic on Economic Conditions?  (Read 8997 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Why a Topic on Economic Conditions?
« on: March 03, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »
As I was scanning the sub forums we have in this Signs of the Times Forum, I thought that some may not understand why we are so concerned about economic conditions in the world and in the US. Many of us understand, but it will do us all good to review the importance of what we see happening in economic terms. It is a sign of the soon coming of our Lord.

God is withdrawing His Spirit from the world. The United States has rejected God and His Word. One of the devastations coming is economic collapse. Men are trying in vain to place matters on a proper foundation, but since they leave God out of their plans, they will fail.

God will not be mocked. We ought to have placed our treasure in heaven. It is still not too late for some.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Why a Topic on Economic Conditions?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:38:10 AM »
I was talking to one of my customers, who teaches economics at the university.  I asked her what her theory was on the whole economic situation.  After launching into an explanation that was beginning to cause my eyes to glaze over, she finally said that it boiled down to greed.  So, at least one economist recognizes the true cause of our economic woes.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
Even those in the world can see this. It is amazing to see that many professing Christians have bought into this "global economy" where capital reigns with no controls. The corporations have no soul and may do as they please operating under the economic law of free enterprise. :( That the name of Christ would be so represented!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »
Nothing has changed much from the time in heaven concerning
Satan's greed and pride. He has been filling the worldly people with it
more and more. I think that it will not only take away our freedom but
also our "land of plenty". It will be a land of plenty maybe, but not for us.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Tim2

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 04:43:50 AM »
Those that have a garden in the country, will live like kings and queens.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:07:37 AM »
Yes, dear brother, not only does this topic reveal the soon coming of Jesus, but it also reveals that it is getting late in the day to "learn" how to grow one's own food. Some are putting off this suggestion thinking they have a lot of time further down the road. Maybe some have not noticed that it is getting harder to move. With the economic uncertainties, it may be impossible to sell a home next year, or maybe next week. What we do today will decide what we can do tomorrow, to a great degree. The signs of the times are all around us. We need to take heed and turn to Christ with all of the heart.