Author Topic: Future is nuclear war and famine - US intelligence  (Read 2833 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Future is nuclear war and famine - US intelligence
« on: December 06, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »

Future is nuclear war and famine - US intelligence

By Jim Mannion in Washington | November 21, 2008
Article from:  Agence France-Presse

THE use of nuclear weapons will grow increasingly likely by 2025, US intelligence warned in a report on global trends that forecasts a tense, unstable world shadowed by war.

"The world of the near future will be subject to an increased likelihood of conflict over scarce resources, including food and water, and will be haunted by the persistence of rogue states and terrorist groups with greater access to nuclear weapons," said the report.

"Widening gaps in birth rates and wealth-to-poverty ratios, and the uneven impact of climate change, could further exacerbate tensions."

Called Global Trends 2025 - a Transformed World, the 121-page report was produced by the National Intelligence Council, a body of analysts from across the US intelligence community.

Officials said it was being briefed to the incoming administration of president-elect Barack Obama. A year in the making, the report does not take into account the recent global financial crisis.

"In one sense, a bad sense, the pace of change that we are looking at in 2025 occurred more rapidly than we had anticipated," said Thomas Fingar, deputy director of National Intelligence.

One overarching conclusion of the report is that "the unipolar world is over, (or) certainly will be by 2025," Mr Fingar said.

But with the "rise of the rest," managing crises and avoiding conflicts will be more difficult, particularly with an antiquated post-World War II international system.

"The potential for conflict will be different then and in some ways greater than it has been for a very long time," Mr Fingar said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24684836-12377,00.html
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

John Erickson

Re: Future is nuclear war and famine - US intelligence
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »
Officials said it was being briefed to the incoming administration of president-elect Barack Obama. A year in the making, the report does not take into account the recent global financial crisis.

"In one sense, a bad sense, the pace of change that we are looking at in 2025 occurred more rapidly than we had anticipated," said Thomas Fingar, deputy director of National Intelligence.

One overarching conclusion of the report is that "the unipolar world is over, (or) certainly will be by 2025," Mr Fingar said.

But with the "rise of the rest," managing crises and avoiding conflicts will be more difficult, particularly with an antiquated post-World War II international system.

"The potential for conflict will be different then and in some ways greater than it has been for a very long time," Mr Fingar said.

2025 nothing. What once would have taken years to complete may likely be accomplished in a matter of months. We are told that the final events will be rapid ones, which makes it all that much more important that we remain "on our toes" as we cannot remain idle and ignorant of the events that now surround us. In my opinion, we are being prepared for massive changes.

Change...We heard a lot about that from Mr. Obama did we not? I am concerned, however, that these changes will not be the changes that Americans hoped would be brought about. Campaign promises will go out the window as Obama will essentially claim that these disturbing events make it necessary to abandon much of what he campaigned on and take broad, sweeping action. He will, nevertheless, retain a huge following as some view him as a kind of "messiah" who has come to "save them".

I say this neither as a republican, democrat, or independent, but as an American and a Christian who has been watching the "steady tread of events ordained by Him to take place" (Maranatha 161). The Lord sets up rulers and takes them down, so we must give respect where it is due, and we must pray for Mr. Obama to make wise decisions. I do not wish to insult him in this forum, rather I want us to be aware of the prophetic significance could be of someone who has such a sway over not only the U.S., but over the whole world.

Back to the report, I sincerely believe we are being prepped for a terrorist attack of some kind, whether it be by our own forces or from forces abroad. When this happens, some of the 20,000 troops that are being brought back from Iraq to be deployed if need be in our streets will spring into action as martial law is declared "for our safety". I don't think it's a coincidence that we have been told by many of our leaders that we could be hit by an attack of by 2011 or 2013. The proximity with which these comments appeared seems to indicate that they are planning something, or they know something that we don't. When people are partially or wholly dependent on their government for survival, they are much more apt to follow it's demands and decrees. Many will come into the fold, yet many more will turn to the only higher power they know of--the government.

I say this, not to spread dark clouds of death and destruction, but to urge us to once again acknowledge the seriousness of the times we live--we must get ready. Not by stocking up on food and ammunition and having escape plans, but feeding our mind on Bible verses and to "put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:11). I believe that we have precious little time, we must be "redeeming the time because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:16, see also Colossians 4:5). Let us "look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near" (Luke 21:28)
"Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen" Matthew 28:20

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Future is nuclear war and famine - US intelligence
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
Amen, Brother John. Amen.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89