Author Topic: Partakers of the Divine Nature?  (Read 16853 times)

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Partakers of the Divine Nature?
« on: October 21, 2005, 06:53:00 AM »
There's an interesting text in 2 Peter 1:4 which says, "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

Until recently, I had a difficult time trying to "put this together", but after comparing several texts, I believe I found an answer.

Key texts for me are:
Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Joh 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
And then in the book Maranatha, Oct 21, I found the answer to the puzzle.

What are your thoughts?

"Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet."

Brother Laurie    

[This message has been edited by Laurie Mosher (edited 10-21-2005).]

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Elder John Thurber

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://
Re: Partakers of the Divine Nature?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 06:52:00 AM »
Thank you Bro. Laurie for your post; Partakers of the Divine Nature. My heart was made glad through the text's and words of encouragement. I looked up the Marnatha ref. and it was beautiful. Thanks again Friend John

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
Amen!!

Good to see your post dear Friend John. We love you! You remain in our prayers.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Gal 2:20.  

I think that our brother figured it out just fine. But, many have not yet discovered what it means to be a partaker of the divine nature. Shall we continue to shed more light on what this means?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Peter L

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 10:08:42 PM »
John 1:12-13
(12)  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13)  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Romans 6:16
(16)  Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

By surrender to God we become servants of righteousness
Revelation 3:20
(20)  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Peter L

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
Consecrate yourself to God in the morning; make this your very first work. Let your prayer be, “Take me, O Lord, as wholly Thine. I lay all my plans at Thy feet. Use me today in Thy service. Abide with me, and let all my work be wrought in Thee.” This is a daily matter. Each morning consecrate yourself to God for that day. Surrender all your plans to Him, to be carried out or given up as His providence shall indicate. Thus day by day you may be giving your life into the hands of God, and thus your life will be molded more and more after the life of Christ.—(Steps to Christ, 70.) {Pr 23.1}
Revelation 3:20
(20)  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 07:34:12 AM »
Amen and amen!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:40:53 AM »
I believe we have found one who is being led by His Spirit. Or rather, he has found us!  There are many out there yet to find. Let us spread the good news of the power of His grace to transform those who are the weakest of the weak. We did not choose to come into this world as we are, but it will be our fault if we stay this way. God has promised to make us partakers of His divine nature that we might escape the corruption in the world and in us!  Praise His holy name!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2023, 08:08:54 PM »

Unselfishness underlies all true development. Through unselfish service we receive the highest culture of every faculty. More and more fully do we become partakers of the divine nature. We are fitted for haven, for we receive heaven into our hearts. Since God is the source of all true knowledge, it is, as we have seen, the first object of education to direct our minds to His own revelation of Himself. Ed 16.