Author Topic: Why Doesn't Jesus Come?  (Read 7776 times)

Mike Lowe

• http://www.wildernesswayadventures.com/index.html
Why Doesn't Jesus Come?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »
Just read through the The Loud cry thread. Amen! Thank you Jesus.

L.Picard

• http://
Why Doesn't Jesus Come?
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »
We can either hasten or delay the coming of the Lord. "Looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God." 2 Peter 3:12.

The Lord's second coming has been delayed long enough! In The Great Controversy, p.457,458 we read that "If all who had labored unitedly in the work in 1844, had received the third angel's message and proclaimed it in the power of the Holy Spirit, the Lord would have wrought mightily with their efforts. A flood of light would have been shed upon the world. Years ago the inhabitants of the earth would have been warned, the closing work completed, and Christ would have come for the redemption of His people."

The Great Controversy was first published in 1884. Years before that the work could have  been completed!

Then there was the most precious message given to the church in 1888 (loud cry message or the third angel's message in verity) which was resisted (1 S.M.234,235) and which if it had been received, believed, and acted upon, the work would have been completed a few short years after 1888!

In 1901 Sister White wrote that we might have to remain in this world many more years because of insubordination! Ev.696.

The second coming of Christ has been long delayed! The third angel's message of the righteousness of Christ to be grasped by lliving faith has been resisted when it was presented to us. One year after 1888, Sister White was shown that "not one in one hundred understood the Bible truth on this subject that is so necessary to our present and eternal welfare." 1 S.M.360. She was referring to the justification by faith message which was unto holiness.

"The present message--justification by faith--is a message from God; it bears the divine credentials, for its fruit is unto holiness." Ibid, 358.

In my next post I will share my findings as to what this mesage was in the light of what was shown to Sister White.    :)

[This message has been edited by L.Picard (edited 10-17-2003).]

L.Picard

L.Picard

Why Doesn't Jesus Come?
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

The only way the sinner can be saved according to what was revealed to Ellen White which was clearly presented in 1888 and thereafter:

The only way for the sinner to be saved is by grasping the righteousness that is in Christ Jesus through living faith, for the righteousness of Christ alone imparts all the powers, all the grace, all the penitence, all the inclination, all the pardon of sins!

What we need to know, then, is what living faith is! What better definition could we find than that given by the Spirit through His servant the prophet:

"Living faith is essential to our salvation, that we should lay hold upon the merits of the blood of a crucified and risen Savior, upon Christ our righteousness." F.W.64.

That is, "Unless he makes it his lifebusiness to behold the uplifted Savior and to accept His merits which it is his privilege to claim, the sinner can no more be saved than Peter could walk upon the water unless he kept his eyes fixed steadily upon Jesus." T.M.93.

This is the only faith which brings the righteousness of God in Christ into the life and it accompishes everything! For "The Lord Jesus imparts all the powers, all the grace, all the penitence, all the inclination, all the pardon of sins, in presenting His righteousness for man to grasp by living faith." F.W.24.

And when we know what living faith is and we are clothed with the robe of Christ's righteousness, we will share with others, from a heart filled with the love of God, the only way to attain to righteousness.

This is what it means to be a laborer with Him, to yoke up with Him, to lift His burdens:

"Christ has died for me. He has purchased me at an infinite cost, and He has atoned for everything that is offensive to Him. I must be a laborer with Him. I must take His yoke upon myself. I must wear the yoke of Christ. I must lift His burdens. I must teach others how I was lifted from the sinful state that I was in and to grasp by living faith the righteousness that is in Christ Jesus. That is the only way that the sinner can be saved." F.W.72.

So what is the only way that the sinner can be saved? By grasping the righteousness that is in Christ Jesus by living faith. And what is living faith? "That we should lay hold upon the merits of the blood of a crucified and risen Savior." F.W.64.

Therefore, "We must daily apply to the merits of the Savior that we may become fit vessels for the Master's use." F.W.86.

[This message has been edited by L.Picard (edited 10-17-2003).]

L.Picard

L.Picard

Why Doesn't Jesus Come?
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »
And this means that "all the promises of God (and every command is a promise) are Yes and Amen in Christ Jesus to the glory of God through us" who trust wholly in the merits of the blood shed for us upon Calvary's cross. Trusting wholly in the merits of Christ for our salvation brings the blessing that brings all other blessings in its train!

It brings the gift of the Holy Spirit, the gift that cannot be excelled! It brings the Spirit of Christ to help our infirmities and to form a christian character. The Holy Spirit comes to us with no modified energy but in the fullness of divine light and love and power to overcome all our inherited and cultivated tendencies to evil and to impress Christ's character (righteousness) upon us, first the blade, then the ear, and then the full corn in the ear!

L.Picard

L.Picard

Why Doesn't Jesus Come?
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »
Has everyone left town???  :)
L.Picard