Author Topic: Investigative Judgment  (Read 133287 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Investigative Judgment
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »
Yes, Sister Ele, none are to climb upon the judgment seat and render a verdict as to the final condition of those in this world. Only God can read the heart.

The subject in this topic does not concern itself with the verdict of a particular individual, but only the Scriptural basis for the judgment. This we are to understand. God already knows the verdict before the books are opened. The subject is vital to us today that we may not be deceived as to the standard that will be applied. Those that will enter into heaven will have to measure with the commandments of God. "Here are they that keep the commandments of God." This is an unpopular message today as was the message of Noah just prior to the flood.

When the books are opened in this judgment, all of the thoughts, deeds, and the very motives are written down for all to see. The question will not be what one was in the past, but what the person was at the time of the close of his/her probation. This will be clearly seen by what is written in the books. Satan will want death to the sinner, but Christ pleads His blood for the sins of the past for those who learned to love and obey. Those who never allowed God to change their characters and believed that the character of Christ would stand in place of their own will be lost, forever lost.

It is a narrow steep road that leads to heaven and this doctrine stands in the way of Satan as he attempts to move all onto the wide road to perdition. None should despair of reaching heaven for it is the grace of Christ that provides the power to get there. It is ours to accept or reject.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »
With the current Sabbath School study of 1844 and Judgment, this topic becomes important. The current lesson in the quarterly does not appear to be in hamrony with Scripture. A review of what has been posted here will provide our church members with some help in discerning what is happening.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »
The Investigative Judgment which began in 1844 is not complicated. There is a review of the truth that we have been given as a people. Please read through it The Investigative Judgment and then discuss it here.

asygo

« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

quote:
The current lesson in the quarterly does not appear to be in hamrony with Scripture.

Bro Richard,

Can you give me a quick rundown of what you believe is wrong with the quarterly? I haven't really been following it this quarter, but I didn't see anything wrong with what I did read. I studied week 8 because I taught it in SS, and I didn't catch anything (but I didn't really read the quarterly, I did my own research).

------------------
By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »
Brother Arnold, we studied the Investigative Judgment two or so years ago and here we have it again. The subject is The Gospel, 1844, and Judgment. We spend three months to cover this important subject. As I view the condition of the truth in the church, I am happy that we again study this subject for it is the one topic that Satan hates. Ford attacked it for good reason. In the Hebrew sanctuary service we see the true gospel. And in the Day of Atonement service we have the gospel revealed in such beauty and simplicity that Satan's deceptions are unmasked.

But, as you point out, you can study for three months and see truth, but I ask you, do you see the truth? The truth can be presented in very few words and we need not spend three months to unmask Satan's lie about the gospel. Compare the article I linked on our homepage to the SS lesson and tell me you see it presented as such. It is not and one need not speculate as to why the lesson does not bring out the truths about the gospel, 1844, and Judgment.

My dear Brother Arnold, you have spiritual discernment. Look for what is missing and you will see why the concern. And, it is too late to let it go. We must stand up and present the love of Christ and the power of His grace to change us. God demands this from us. The "evangelical gospel" must be revealed for what it is and how it has obscured the truth in so many churches.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
The "investigative judgment" is foreshadowed in the Hebrew Sanctuary service on the Day of Atonement. But, the cleansing of the sanctuary was needful because during the year, sins were taken into it. This is all symbolic of the work being done in heaven.

When a repentant sinner would confess his sins and bring his offering to the sanctuary, his sins were taken away when he killed his sacrifice. This death was a symbol of the death of Christ. And, the sins were forgiven, but not abolished. They were taken into the sanctuary on earth and this represented the recording of the sins in the sanctuary in heaven. These sins would remain in the books of heaven until the day that the person's name would come before the ruler of all worlds for an examination.

This examination would reveal to the universe if the "professor" was indeed dead to self and a true believer. There are many who profess to serve God, but server Him not. Jesus will say to them, "depart from me, for I never knew you." But, in the IJ, the universe will get to see why it is that some go to heaven and others do not.

When the books are opened, the sins of the person are revealed. Satan makes sure that the universe sees these sins. If the invidividual died with all sins confessed and forsaken, then Christ will stand up and continue the examination by presenting from another book in heaven. This book reveals all of the "good deeds". Jesus will point to the good deeds and he will also reveal to the universe something very interesting. He has proof that the Christian was indeed a Christian. He points to the recordings in the book that reveal the good words....and the good thoughts. Now these thoughts did not earn the person salvation, but they reveal that a power from above was working in the life. Self was dead. Not only were the works revealed, but just as in the other books that recorded the bad deeds, this book has recorded the motives of all the deeds that were of heavenly origin. So, while God read the heart, He also recorded the results and thus the proof of one's condition at death or the close of probation is seen by the universe as this examination is conducted.

The deeds of those that will inherit eternal life will be compared to the law of God. The character of the true Christian will be in harmony with the law to the extent he knew the law. Those who continued in sin til their probation closed will not have thier sins blotted out, but instead will have theif names blotted out of the "Lamb's Book of Life."

Those who are found to be true Christians will have their sins blotted out, never more to be seen. Thus day by day the work in the the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary moves forward until all cases are decided. Thus the sanctuary will soon be cleasned from the record of all sins. When this is done, Jesus will leave the heavenly sanctuary and no more sins will ever be forgiven. All cases will have been decided.

To teach about judgment, 1844, and the gospel and never bring out the fact that our characters must compare with the law of God is to allow the false gospel that allows one to believe they will be saved while sinning to move ever deeper in the minds of many in the church. We must teach the truth in harmony with the gospel and the light God has been so gracious to shine upon our paths.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »
The article posted at TROs homepage is too important to not post here in this topic. It follows:

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened." Daniel 7:9,10.

Thus was presented to the prophet's vision the great and solemn day when the characters and the lives of men should pass in review before the Judge of all the earth, and to every man should be rendered "according to his works." The Ancient of Days is God the Father. Says the psalmist: "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever Thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God." Psalm 90:2. It is He, the source of all being, and the fountain of all law, that is to preside in the judgment. And holy angels as ministers and witnesses, in number "ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands," attend this great tribunal.

"And, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away." Daniel 7:13, 14. The coming of Christ here described is not His second coming to the earth. He comes to the Ancient of Days in heaven to receive dominion and glory and a kingdom, which will be given Him at the close of His work as a mediator. It is this coming, and not His second advent to the earth, that was foretold in prophecy to take place at the termination of the 2300 days in 1844. Attended by heavenly angels, our great High Priest enters the holy of holies and there appears in the presence of God to engage in the last acts of His ministration in behalf of man--to perform the work of investigative judgment and to make an atonement for all who are shown to be entitled to its benefits.

In the typical service only those who had come before God with confession and repentance, and whose sins, through the blood of the sin offering, were transferred to the sanctuary, had a part in the service of the Day of Atonement. So in the great day of final atonement and investigative judgment the only cases considered are those of the professed people of God. The judgment of the wicked is a distinct and separate work, and takes place at a later period. "Judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel?" 1 Peter 4:17.

The books of record in heaven, in which the names and the deeds of men are registered, are to determine the decisions of the judgment. Says the prophet Daniel: "The judgment was set, and the books were opened." The revelator, describing the same scene, adds: "Another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." Revelation 20:12.

The book of life contains the names of all who have ever entered the service of God. Jesus bade His disciples: "Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20. Paul speaks of his faithful fellow workers, "whose names are in the book of life." Philippians 4:3. Daniel, looking down to "a time of trouble, such as never was," declares that God's people shall be delivered, "everyone that shall be found written in the book." And the revelator says that those only shall enter the city of God whose names "are written in the Lamb's book of life." Daniel 12:1; Revelation 21:27.

"A book of remembrance" is written before God, in which are recorded the good deeds of "them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon His name." Malachi 3:16. Their words of faith, their acts of love, are registered in heaven. Nehemiah refers to this when he says: "Remember me, O my God, . . . and wipe not out my good deeds that I have done for the house of my God." Nehemiah 13:14. In the book of God's remembrance every deed of righteousness is immortalized. There every temptation resisted, every evil overcome, every word of tender pity expressed, is faithfully chronicled. And every act of sacrifice, every suffering and sorrow endured for Christ's sake, is recorded. Says the psalmist: "Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?" Psalm 56:8.

There is a record also of the sins of men. "For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Says the Saviour: "By thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Ecclesiastes 12:14; Matthew 12:36, 37. The secret purposes and motives appear in the unerring register; for God "will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts." I Corinthians 4:5. "Behold, it is written before Me, . . . your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the Lord." Isaiah 65:6, 7.

Every man's work passes in review before God and is registered for faithfulness or unfaithfulness. Opposite each name in the books of heaven is entered with terrible exactness every wrong word, every selfish act, every unfulfilled duty, and every secret sin, with every artful dissembling. Heaven-sent warnings or reproofs neglected, wasted moments, unimproved opportunities, the influence exerted for good or for evil, with its far-reaching results, all are chronicled by the recording angel.

The law of God is the standard by which the characters and the lives of men will be tested in the judgment. Says the wise man: "Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment." Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14. The apostle James admonishes his brethren: "So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
I would like to ask our readers if you have read or heard this in church during last quarter's Sabbath School lesson when we studied this subject. If not why not?  Is this hard to follow? If so, I am pleased to say that I did not write it. It is inspired counsel and it is not taken out of context.

Why is this article so important? Because it contradicts a lot of what is being taught in the church about salvation. Here is the truth. Do you want it, or will you reject it?

"Every man's work passes in review before God and is registered for faithfulness or unfaithfulness. Opposite each name in the books of heaven is entered with terrible exactness every wrong word, every selfish act, every unfulfilled duty, and every secret sin, with every artful dissembling. Heaven-sent warnings or reproofs neglected, wasted moments, unimproved opportunities, the influence exerted for good or for evil, with its far-reaching results, all are chronicled by the recording angel.

The law of God is the standard by which the characters and the lives of men will be tested in the judgment. Says the wise man: 'Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment.' Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14. The apostle James admonishes his brethren: 'So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.' James 2:12"

Liane H

• http://
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »
There are some that would say that these words are fearful. That they make us afraid of God and that it puts fear in us and causes us to be insecure in our salvation.

Another thought and a question.

Is God perfect?

If He is perfect then we have nothing to fear. For a perfect God cannot make a mistake in the judgment, but will perfect in His dealings with the just and the unjust.

It all boils down to trust. Do we trust God?

If we know He is perfect we will trust Him in all the dealings of our lives and those around us. The Sanctuary is the very center of the character of God and when we study it we will understand the standard that God uses in mercy and justice in his dealing with His creatures.

Let us be thankful that we have been blessed with so much wisdom from the Lord and that we have a responsibility to bring this to the church and teach the people the way of the Lord. I found this in the book of Hebrews that speaks of the Sanctuary, the High Presthood and the judgment:

5:12   For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.  

Have we forgotten the ways of the Lord? Do we still need the milk that was first taught to us? I wonder, do you?

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »
One would have to know what the "milk" is and then the concern over the false teaching on the Investigative Judgment would be seen to be important and warranted.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

Wherever the word of God has been faithfully preached, results have followed that attested its divine origin. The Spirit of God accompanied the message of His servants, and the word was with power. Sinners felt their consciences quickened. The "light which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" illumined the secret chambers of their souls, and the hidden things of darkness were made manifest. Deep conviction took hold upon their minds and hearts. They were convinced of sin and of righteousness and of judgment to come. They had a sense of the righteousness of Jehovah and felt the terror of appearing, in their guilt and uncleanness, before the Searcher of hearts. In anguish they cried out: "Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" As the cross of Calvary, with its infinite sacrifice for the sins of men, was revealed, they saw that nothing but the merits of Christ could suffice to atone for their transgressions; this alone could reconcile man to God. With faith and humility they accepted the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world. Through the blood of Jesus they had "remission of sins that are past."

Notice that the blood of Jesus only covers sins that are past. Many believe the blood of Jesus covers present and future sins that are  not confessed and foresaken. But, here they have believed a lie and if not corrected will lose heaven.

The investigative judgment correctly understood corrects the great lie that a man is saved in his sin. Sins that are not foresaken will reveal that there is a separation between man and God and in the judgment there will be no Saviour's blood to cover these sins. Frightful thing to consider! Today is the day of salvation!

Cop

« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2006, 01:25:00 AM »
Notice that the blood of Jesus only covers sins that are past. Many believe the blood of Jesus covers present and future sins that are not confessed and foresaken.

Gasp!! You mean God expects me to search my heart for hidden sin, and confess each separately? You mean a 'generic' (one time for all) confession is not enough to satisfy Him? You mean He demands that I put sin out of my life completely? You mean He is a God of absolutes (no grey areas). ::)

"But, here they have believed a lie and if not corrected will lose heaven."
;)But this isn't the Christianity that millions know and love. This is being judgmental, un-loving, un-Christian, even fanatical! Who are you to judge others?

As untold numbers say and desperately believe..."Your God may be like this, but my god is a loving, forgiving god that understands and has unconditional love for sinners".

Liane H

« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2006, 04:31:00 AM »
One of the most beautiful thing I learned when I joined this church which has been a question I ask myself many times.

How high can I reach to God?

All to often many desire to stand still or just do as much as they are able, not desiring to go beyond the standard of the milk or see beyond the experience they want to have. It is just to much work to do more.

When we get beyond the milk we find a whole new world of the meat that God desires for us to know. I am reminded many times of the words in Hosea where God says that His People are dying because of a lack of knowledge.

If His People are dying how much more the other denominations are dying for lack of knowledge to follow God.

Can we die and be saved in our sins? The Sanctuary Message and the Investigative Judgment tells this is not possible. Maybe that is why so many have tried to destroy this message and reject it because it means it requires much more from us than so many are willing to give.

Yet it is so easy to be saved and hard to be lost. When we think upon the death of Jesus on the Cross and why it was done we would really desire to be like Him in all ways.

What a gift!

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

[This message has been edited by Liane H (edited 11-23-2006).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »
What is our path to heaven? Is it a road with every inviting convenience? No, it is a path that is narrow and apparently inconvenient; it is a path of conflict, of trial, of tribulation and suffering. Our Captain, Jesus Christ, has hid nothing from us in regard to the battles we are to fight. He opens the map before us and shows us the way. "Strive," He says, "to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able" (Luke 13:24). "Wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat" (Matt. 7:13).

Here is a statement from the Great Controversy that puts the lie of Satan to rest (for those who can see).

"Unless the church will follow on in His opening providence, accepting every ray of light, performing every duty which may be revealed, religion will inevitably degenerate into the observance of forms, and the spirit of vital godliness will disappear. This truth has been repeatedly illustrated in the history of the church. God requires of His people works of faith and obedience corresponding to the blessings and privileges bestowed. Obedience requires a sacrifice and involves a cross; and this is why so many of the professed followers of Christ refused to receive the light from heaven, and, like the Jews of old, knew not the time of their visitation. Luke 19:44. Because of their pride and unbelief the Lord passed them by and revealed His truth to those who, like the shepherds of Bethlehem and the Eastern Magi, had given heed to all the light they had received." Thus it is today. Those who believe themselves to be "rich and increased with goods", if not careful will find that another has taken their place. God is not dependent upon us anymore than He was dependent upon Caiaphas.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »
God wants to save us from our sins, not in our sins.  I have been in places where I had nothing in common with anyone there; I was uncomfortable, and left as soon as possible.  God IS a "God of Love" that He will not force someone into Heaven who will not be happy there.  

Can we imagine anyone who has done nothing but pleased themselves all their lives on earth being happy in a Heaven where everyone is thinking of others first?  The kind of things we enjoy here on earth we will enjoy in Heaven.  The things we think we "cannot do without" here we would not want to do without in Heaven.

Imagine this scene...In Heaven or the New Earth, we come in from working in our gardens, or whatever we are doing...we want to sit down, relax, and watch some TV, with maybe a beer, (o, only one! or a coke) to "satisfy our thirst."  Then, we want to eat, but we cannot be satisfied with Heavenly food, for we have been accustomed to meat, or at least not to simple fare. We cannot go out to eat, there is no place to go....and I could go on, but you do understand the picture.

I believe this period of time we are going through during the Investigative Judgment, is also a cleansing process which we, as God's people are to be taking part in.

The temple of God is not to be defiled, and as there is now no temple "building" here on earth, we are told that we are that temple. 1 Cor.3:16, 6:19.  We are told in 1Cor.3:17,
"If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."  This includes everything about us, what we put into our bodies and minds, for even our thoughts can defile us, and there is nothing on the "regular TV fare" that will not defile our minds.  That also includes the books we read, for we think about what we dwell on.  And Prov. 23:7 says, "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he."

There is nothing negative in what God wants for us!! He does not want to deprive us of anything that is good. He is longing for us to be prepared to enjoy the wonderful things He has prepared for us, yet He cannot allow us to be where we are discontented.  If we do not love the things of God here on earth, we would not love them in Heaven. This is the cleansing process we are going through, "And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge tham as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness."

That offering God desires seems to be in Romans 12:1, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

In His Love

------------------
Dora

Dora

Liane H

« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
Hi Sister Dora:

Amen!

So many are not prepared to meet their God. So much needs to be done and so few know the precious Words that will give them eternal life.

Obedience to His Will is the important aspects and Love is the foundation that causes one to desire to obey.

There are only two paths in this world. One to eternal death and the other to eternal life, sad but true there is no middle road and we need to remind ourselves of this fact and what will give us the opportunity to see the coming of Jesus in the clouds.

Thanks so much for sharing your love of the truth and reminding us of where we sould be in our relationship with God.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Cop

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
Multitudes live for the present, with no thought or care for the future. Like Esau they cry, "Let us eat and drink; for tomorrow we die." 1 Corinthians 15:32. They are controlled by inclination; and rather than practice self-denial, they will forgo the most valuable considerations. If one must be relinquished, the gratification of a depraved appetite or the heavenly blessings promised only to the self-denying and God-fearing, the claims of appetite prevail, and God and heaven are virtually despised. How many, even of professed Christians, cling to indulgences that are injurious to health and that benumb the sensibilities of the soul. When the duty is presented of cleansing themselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God, they are offended. They see that they cannot retain these hurtful gratifications and yet secure heaven, and they conclude that since the way to eternal life is so strait, they will no longer walk therein.

Multitudes are selling their birthright for sensual indulgence. Health is sacrificed, the mental faculties are enfeebled, and heaven is forfeited; and all for a mere temporary pleasure--an indulgence at once both weakening and debasing in its character. As Esau awoke to see the folly of his rash exchange when it was too late to recover his loss, so it will be in the day of God with those who have bartered their heirship to heaven for selfish gratifications. {PP 182}

[This message has been edited by Cop (edited 11-27-2006).]

Liane H

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »
It reminds me that we must always look to Jesus for everything in our lives. People are not a good indicator where we should be.

He is our perfect example and how the Father and the Son set up the Investigative Judgment, if understood should be like the law, being our guideposts to where we should be in our relationship with our God.

God has blessed us with so many signs to help us know where we are in relation to the plan of salvation and the work of redemption as well as the work of witnessing.

What will be on our books of the souls that were lost because we did not do what was given to us to do?

I fear to look.

There are so many ways one can help in the work of witnessing that all should have directly or indirectly been able to at least bring one soul to Christ and eternal life.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by Cop:
Multitudes live for the present, with no thought or care for the future. Like Esau they cry, "Let us eat and drink; for tomorrow we die." 1 Corinthians 15:32. They are controlled by inclination; and rather than practice self-denial, they will forgo the most valuable considerations. If one must be relinquished, the gratification of a depraved appetite or the heavenly blessings promised only to the self-denying and God-fearing, the claims of appetite prevail, and God and heaven are virtually despised. How many, even of professed Christians, cling to indulgences that are injurious to health and that benumb the sensibilities of the soul. When the duty is presented of cleansing themselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God, they are offended. They see that they cannot retain these hurtful gratifications and yet secure heaven, and they conclude that since the way to eternal life is so strait, they will no longer walk therein.

Multitudes are selling their birthright for sensual indulgence. Health is sacrificed, the mental faculties are enfeebled, and heaven is forfeited; and all for a mere temporary pleasure--an indulgence at once both weakening and debasing in its character. As Esau awoke to see the folly of his rash exchange when it was too late to recover his loss, so it will be in the day of God with those who have bartered their heirship to heaven for selfish gratifications. {PP 182}

[This message has been edited by Cop (edited 11-27-2006).]

God loves us. He wants us to be healthy and thus the reason for the health message we have been given. And not only for us, but for the world!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »
So.....if we reject light that God sends, if we live for self gratification, then what will be seen in thr IJ? Will the blood of cover our sins? Will Jesus stand in my place because my character was not changed?