Author Topic: Investigative Judgment  (Read 133279 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Investigative Judgment
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »
Sister Jean, what is the purpose for examining your sins?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Jean Miller

• www.godsholidays.com
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »
Brother Richard, in the Investigative Judgment God examines the records of every person who professes the name of Jesus.  Those who have confessed their sins will have the blood of Jesus covering these sins.  Those who have their sins covered by the blood of Jesus will have these sins blotted out of all records of these sins in the universe (our minds, the mind of God, and the records of heaven), they are then perfected, sealed and saved. Those who don't have their sins confessed and covered by the blood of Jesus will not be sealed and will then be lost. So, the purpose is to perfect God's people and determine who is to be sealed and saved and who is not.

“Jesus is in His holy temple and will now accept our sacrifices, our prayers, and our confessions of faults and sins and will pardon all the transgressions of Israel, that they may be blotted out before He leaves the sanctuary. When Jesus leaves the sanctuary, then they who are holy and righteous will be holy and righteous still; for all their sins will then be blotted out, and they will be sealed with the seal of the living God. But those that are unjust and filthy will be unjust and filthy still; for then there will be no Priest in the sanctuary to offer their sacrifices, their confessions, and their prayers before the Father's throne. Therefore what is done to rescue souls from the coming storm of wrath must be done before Jesus leaves the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary.” (Early Writings, p. 48)

[This message has been edited by Jean Miller (edited 03-15-2004).]

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge, and though I  have all faith so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.  1 Corinthians 13:2

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »
Sister Jean how does Jesus judge who is worthy? Is there a standard to be used to measure us when Jesus determines "who is to be sealed and saved and who is not."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Jean Miller

• www.godsholidays.com
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »
Brother Richard, several years ago I looked up on the Ellen White CDRom every single quote that contained the words "blot, blotted, botting" as I wanted to know exactly what it takes for our sins to be blotted out.  I also looked up every single quote that contained the words "seal, sealed, sealing."  As you can imagine, this took h ours. The quote I quoted in my last post shows that when our sins are blotted out we are sealed; thus the blotting out of sins and the sealing occurs at the same time at the judgment.  So, whatever it takes for our sins to be blotted out is what it takes for us to be sealed.  The only prerequisite I could find is that we have our sins confessed and forgiven.  Here are some representative quotes:

"Confess your sins to God, and He will never betray your trust.  Although we are sinners, He will pardon abundantly. 'If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' He marks our contrition of soul; and sins will go beforehand to judgment; and when the times of refreshing shall come, they will be blotted out by the blood of the Lamb, and our names will be retained in the Lamb's book of life.  'Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.   Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity.'"  Advent Review & Ssabbath Herald, May 7, 1889, p. 6.

“My brethren, if you expect your sins to be blotted out by the blood of Christ, you must confess them… ‘If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Let our sins go beforehand to judgment, that they may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.” MR, Vol, 3, p. 418

"All sin unrepented of an unconfessed, will remain upon the books of record.  It will not be blotted out, it will not go beforehand to Judgment, to be canceled by the atoning blood of Jesus." Advent Review & Sabbath Herald, March 27, 1888.  

"Are we by repentance and confession sending our sins beforehand to Judgment, that they may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come?  This is an individual work,--a work which we cannot safely delay.  We should take hold of it earnestly; our salvation depends upon our sincerity and zeal.  Let the cry be awakened in every heart, 'What must I do to be saved?'" Second Advent Review & Sabbath Herald, Aug 28, 1883.

Yes, heaven and salvation are cheap enough!  The only prerequisite is to have our sins confessed and repented of!  This is the beauty of the gospel.  Those who daily confess their sins and are in a constant state of repentance are in the process of sanctification.  And, the Bible tells us the God will perfect those who are being sanctified.  "For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."  Hebrews 10:14  And those whom He has perfected will be sealed and taken to heaven.

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge, and though I  have all faith so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.  1 Corinthians 13:2

Jean Miller

• www.godsholidays.com
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
I thought all of you would also like to see some beautiful Bible texts on the blotting out of sins.  Here they are:

“I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and as a cloud, thy sins; return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.  Sing, O ye heavens; for the Lord hath done it; shout, ye lower parts of the earth; break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest and every tree therein; for the Lord hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified Himself in Israel.”  (Isaiah 44:22,23)  

“The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”  (1 John 1:7)  

“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.” (Hebrews 10:16,17)  

“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.” (Revelation3:5)  

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)  

“I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.” (Isaiah 43:25)  

“Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.” (Micah 7:19)

“I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.”  (Isaiah 13:12)  

These texts are beautiful promises of what God is going to do for us in the judgment.  This is why the judgment is something to look forward to with great joy!

[This message has been edited by Jean Miller (edited 03-15-2004).]

M.A. Crawford

• http://
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »
"M. A. Crawford--do you believe that in heaven we will no longer have the power of choice?"

No. I do not believe that in Heaven we will no longer have the power of choice. God created us as free moral agents with the power to choose (Joshua 24:15), and nowhere in God's Word does it say that this power will be taken away from those who enter into God's Kingdom. The problem that I have is this next quotation:

"We could still choose to sin, but will not, because we know the horrible results of sin."

Heaven is not a place where ANY ASPECT OR POSSIBILITY of sin exists. Therefore, I do not believe it is possible the redeemed could choose to sin because of the following reasons:

(1). "...Affliction shall not rise up the second time." Nahum 1:9.

If affliction shall not rise up the second time, IT IS THEREFORE IMPOSSIBLE FOR IT TO RISE UP IN HEAVEN.

(2). "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4.  

The redeemed will not know "the horrible results of sin" described in Revelation 21:4 above because the Bible says the former things are passed away; meaning that, in Heaven, THEY WON'T EVEN COME TO MIND!! Since in Heaven the former things of this life are passed away, I therefore believe that sin and sinners will be as if they never existed.

Whatever we believe unto salvation MUST BE BASED UPON THE WORD OF GOD if it is to have any redeeming value.

M.A.    

M.A.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
Sister Jean, your answer to my question is interesting. While I agree with what you say about needing to have our sins confessed, I think the answer is to be a little different. Then it raises some questions about some of what you have said in former posts.

There is a standard in the judgment. I assume you have read this entire topic and understand what that standard is. Yet, you refrain from saying it. The standard by which we will be judged is God's law, the ten commandments. Yes, there are some statements to be made in respect as to how the law will be applied to each case, but it is the standard. Will you agree with this?

Jean Miller

• www.godsholidays.com
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »
Absolutely, Richard, the standard is the law. And when we have our sins confessed, the blood of Jesus covers us, and when God looks at our record, since the blood of Jesus is covering us, all God sees is the perfect life of Jesus who kept the law perfectly.  He sees Jesus' righteousness (perfect observance of the law) covering us.  It is all one and the same.  I don't think you can separate it.

What are you driving at?  What is your main point?  What do you think the answer should be?  And how does this relate to my previous posts?

[This message has been edited by Jean Miller (edited 03-17-2004).]

Jean Miller

• www.godsholidays.com
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »
M.A. I absolutely believe the Bible where it says that sin will not arise again. But, to say that this is because we no longer have the ability to choose sin means that God has taken away our free choice, which goes against the following Ellen White quotes:

"God does not force the will of His creatures. He cannot accept an homage that is not willingly and intelligently given. A mere forced submission would prevent all real development of mind or character; it would make man a mere automaton. Such is not the purpose of the Creator. He desires that man, the crowning work of His creative power, shall reach the highest possible development.”  God’s Amazing Grace, p. 313.  If we no longer have freedom of choice then we cannot reach the highest possible development—this is what she is saying here.

“There are thousands today echoing the same rebellious complaint against God. They do not see that to deprive man of the freedom of choice would be to rob him of his prerogative as an intelligent being and make him a mere automaton. It is not God's purpose to coerce the will. Man was created a free moral agent. Like the inhabitants
of all other worlds, he must be subjected to the test of obedience; but he is never brought into such a position that yielding to evil becomes a matter of necessity. No temptation or trial is permitted to come to him which he is unable to resist. God made such ample provision that man need never have been defeated in the conflict with
Satan.”--PP 331, 332 (1890).

“God placed man under law, as an indispensable condition of his very existence. He was a subject of the divine government, and there can be no government without law. God might have created man without the power to transgress His law; He might have withheld the hand of Adam from touching the forbidden fruit; but in that case man would have been, not a free moral agent, but a mere automaton. Without freedom of choice, his
obedience would not have been voluntary, but forced. There could have been no development of character. Such a course would have been contrary to God's plan in dealing with the inhabitants of other worlds. It would have been unworthy of man as an intelligent being, and would have sustained Satan's charge of God's arbitrary rule.” Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 49.  

If we are no longer free to choose evil, then Satan was right about God having arbitrary rule—this is what Ellen White is saying.  But, since the Bible says that sin will never rise again, then obviously no one in the universe will choose sin.  They could, but they won’t.  Why should they, when this terrible experiment has already been tried and the results clearly shown? And, as long as we can see the nailprints in Jesus' hands (which will be forever) then we will be reminded of the terrible results of sin.  Yes, the specifics of evil we won't remember--like what sins we committed--but we will always be reminded of the horrible results of sin by the nailprints in Jesus' hands.

[This message has been edited by Jean Miller (edited 03-17-2004).]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
I don't agree, Sister Jean. There is an aspect of what you say that I agree with, but the law is the standard that our actions, thoughts, and motives are compared to. It is not the perfect life of Christ that  is compared to the law in the judgment. There is a purpose for the investigation. It is to be seen by the heavenly intelligences that those who inherit eternal life are safe to take to heaven. It is their personal character that is being judged.

Their characters must meet with the law of God. What does this prove? It shows that they indeed did confess their sins. It shows that they were repentant. If their motives and their thoughts are seen to be selfish, they were not forgiven and they will not be. They will be shown to be lost because their deeds and thoughts do not reveal conversion when their probations were closed.

Jean Miller

• www.godsholidays.com
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2004, 04:23:00 AM »
Absolutely, Richard, I agree with what you are saying.  I think you are just not understanding me.  In addition to our lives being covered by the blood of Jesus we have to be growing in sanctification (our ability to keep the law) daily.  If we are not growing in sanctification then we are not truly repentant.

However, for those who die before they have a chance to participate much in the process of sanctification, the blood of Jesus covering them is sufficient.  For instance, the thief on the cross.  How much time did he have to perfect his character?  Not much. But he was truly repentant and the blood of Jesus covers him and in the judgment God will perfect him.  

[This message has been edited by Jean Miller (edited 03-18-2004).]

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2004, 06:51:00 AM »
Richard, sorry to step in, but just wrote out the answer this morning.

Dear Jean, I agree with you.  In today's Sabbath School one Quote fits your statement.  "The love of God now reaches out to embrace the lowest, vilest sinner that will come to Christ WITH CONTRITION."  And that is the only way.  Otherwise "The disobedient will be punished. The wrath of God fell upon his beloved Son as Christ hung on the cross of Calvary in the transgressor's place."  "Sin is the transgrassion of the law, and the Arm that is now mighty to save will be strong to punish when the transgressor passes the bounds that limit divine forbearanc4e.  He refuses to seek for life, who will not search the Scriptures to see what is truth.....will be left in blindness of mind and to the deceptions of Satan...."

Richard, This has come up often... Please answer this one....Someone who leads a decent life, loves the Lord but one day  as we all do, he sinned, gets into his car, is killed....Is he lost?  Some do not know nor understand this statement.

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »
Satan is very deceptive. We are in need of wisdom from on high to understand this point correctly. Few really understand that the gospel is very simple and that it is human reasoning without the aid of the Holy Spirit that makes of no effect the Word of God.

The point that Sister Jean and I are studying is very important. We need to see it very clearly. It is not difficult, but it is necessary that we each understand what is required.

Sister Ele, you understand the issue. Your question gets right to the heart of the matter. In order to save that person you give the example for, we must void the Word of God. If a man dies unrepentant, the Bible says he is lost. We may not say otherwise. If we attempt to change the Word here, we will then have to change the investigative judgment. In the judgment we see that it is indeed a narrow road to heaven. We cannot change the judgment. The law of God is the standard by which all will be judged.

Jesus will defend those who died in Christ. He will not defend those who died outside of Christ. "Verily verily I say unto you, unless a man be born again, he shall not see the kingdom of God." "The wages of sin is death." We do not believe in once saved always saved. If a man turn from his righteousness and commit iniquity, I will not remember his rightousness is the principle here.

God is not arbitrary and he will not allow a believer to be lost when he has been faithful as Moses, Elijah, and Job and then sins a sin. But, God cannot take a man to heaven unrepentant. The judgment will reveal the condition of the heart at death. If the man was in Christ, he goes to heaven. How can the universe tell? By comparing the deeds, words, thoughts, and motives which are all recorded in the books of heaven. There will be no unseen thought that the man would have been good. No, it is what is recorded as compared to the law of God.

Are there other considerations? Yes. "To him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin." God will not require a full knowledge of the law. There will be mercy granted to those who did not understand if they were not willfully ignorant. This does not allow anyone to go to heaven without a perfect moral character. They may keep the wrong day, eat the wrong food, dress immodestly, but they may not be selfish. The motives of the heart are recorded for all to see and here in the saved will be seen a reflection of the character of Christ. A perfect moral character is the requirement for all who will enter heaven. They must be as Jesus in this respect. For these the Lord will speak up. He will plead His blood for their past sins and their ignorance of the parts of the law they unknowingly broke.

Sister Ele, we can know that God is perfectly just and merciful. It is well within His power to extend the life of you, me, or anyone who still has an ear to hear His Spirit. None die that Christ does not allow to die. That one would be lost in sin when he lived a holy life is a spurious argument. It ignores the power of God to protect His children until their probation is closed. The argument was devised to set aside the gospel. It opens the door for a man to be saved in his sin. It a most dangerous deception and here we see the result of the argument extending into the heavenly sanctuary during the investigative judgment.

The death of Uzzah is an example. He died in his sin. The man who dies in his sin, like Uzzah will be understood to have not been living a holy life. Man looks on the outward life, but God looks upon the heart. This is what will be revealed in the investigative judgment. It will be seen clearly that the man who died in his sin was not living a holy life up to that point.

This is the purpose of the judgment. It is not for God, for He already knows the heart. It is for the universe to know that God is just and merciful. It is for the safety of the universe for eternity. All questions regardings God's character will be answered. All charges against God will be answered in the judgment. God is seen as a God of both justice and mercy. It will be seen to what geat lengths our God went to save those in rebellion against Him.

The blood of Christ will not cover one unconfessed or unforsaken sin. We are here speaking of known sin. It is the moral character of the individual that will be investigated in the heavenly sanctuary. Are we ready to face such an investigation? Has our character been perfected so that we reflect our Saviour? The thief on the cross was perfect in Christ. This will be seen when the books are opened. His motives were all pure and holy. He had peace in the middle of the storm when the disciples of Christ did not. His faith reached beyond what his eyes could see and the righteousness of Christ became his. This character is offered to us today. Let us receive it.

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »
"Richard, This has come up often... Please answer this one.... Someone who leads a decent life, loves the Lord but one day as we all do, he sinned, gets into his car, is killed.... Is he lost? Some do not know nor understand this statement."

I am not Richard--as you refer to him--but I will respond to the above question because it is asked here in the Bread of Life forum.

"...the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outer appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7.

The Bible very clearly tells us that man does not see as God sees: man looks on the outer appearance, but God looks on the heart. This is why no human being can accurately answer the question you asked BECAUSE ONLY GOD KNOWS THE THOUGHTS AND MOTIVES OF THE HUMAN HEART (MIND).

(1) "Someone who...loves the Lord...."

Jesus tells us in His Word: If you love Me, keep My Commandments (John 14:15). This is why I HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS when an individual tries to tell or convince me how much he or she loves the Lord BUT WILL NOT DO WHAT GOD SAYS IN HIS WORD!!! There are many Biblical injunctions and warnings that go unheeded BECAUSE MANY DON'T KNOW THEY ARE THERE because they are waiting for the preacher or someone to tell them WHAT THEY COULD READ FOR THEMSELVES!! There are many, but permit me to illustrate what I have reference to with one such example from the Word of God:

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in times past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21.

How many have heard these Bible texts preached from the pulpit lately--or at any time, for that matter? Yet these texts (and others like them) have been in the Bible all the time. Paul is here writing NOT TO THOSE IN THE WORLD, but to those in the church at Galatia. He makes it very clear, in no uncertain terms, that those who do these things, written therein, SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD!!! God says what He means, and He, most assuredly, means what He says!! The works of the flesh described above that would keep the Galatians out of the Kingdom ARE STILL THE SAME ONES that will keep those out today who do them. God has not changed (Mal. 3:6). HE IS THE SAME GOD, yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8).

(2)"...but one day...he sinned...[and] is killed.... Is he lost?"

As stated above, no human being knows the answer to that question. WHAT WE DO KNOW IS God is a God of Love (1 John 4:8). He is interested IN SAVING MEN'S LIVES, not destroying them:

"And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he steadfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive them, because his face was as though he would go to Jersusalem. And when his disciples saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives but to save them. And they went to another village." Luke 9:51-56.

The kind of sin this individual may have committed before he was killed in a car accident is not mentioned. There is, however, one sin of which there is no pardon. It is the sin against the Holy Ghost (Matt. 12:31). If this individual did not commit this sin, then "all manner of sin," the Bible says, "shall be forgiven unto men" (Matt. 12:31). As to whether he is saved or not, the answer is still WE DON'T KNOW because ONLY GOD knows the mind of this individual AND HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST before he died. This is the reason why it is of paramount importance to read our Bibles. And not just read Them, but also to be DOERS OF THE WORD, instead of "hearers" only (James 1:22):  

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing assunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12.

AND NO OTHER BOOK ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH can make that claim!!! Friends, let us therefore return to the Word of God, and become a practitioner of that Word WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME TO DO SO!

M.A.  

M.A.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »
1.  I trust Jesus to do what is right for us. So if Brother Richard is correct and a otherwise righteous man who had slipped then died before asking forgiveness is lost, it leaves me to realize that God would not have allowed that man to die if his heart was right with God and savable. He would have given the man a chance to ask for forgiveness.

2.  However, if the issue is that "only God knows the thoughts and motives of the human heart (mind)" and that comes into play here, God would save him according to how He knows the mans heart is.

I agree with M.A. We cannot answer this question anymore than we can say "all" men that commit suicide are lost. There are many cases where only God knows the answer. Whether He chooses to let the man die and save him because his heart is right with him even though he slipped, or whether He would not allow a man whose heart is right with him to die till he could ask forgiveness, is not really for us to know I don't think. The Bible seems to work both sides. So I think that it depends on the personal case to case. God does what He knows is right for each person.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Jean Miller

• www.godsholidays.com
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
Brother Richard, I agree with what you are saying.  I don't understand why you seem to have a problem with what I am saying.

About the righteous man who sins and then is killed, I believe that if he is a truly righteous man he will repent the instant he knows he sinned.  If he doesn't, then he is  not a truly righteous man.  I believe that a true Christian lives in a constant state of repentance of heart.  

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »
Good Point Sister Jean

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Clive Nevell

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »
There is one thing we can be very sure on and that is that God will not make a mistake in the judgement.

The judgement is open so that all will see why that person is not there. Jesus says that He will wipe away all tears and the memory of them is forgotten.

Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2004, 06:33:00 AM »
Amen, Brother Clive.

Sister Jean, Moses was indeed a Godly man, he is in heaven. But, not all truly converted Christians are brought to repentance after they sin as quickly as Moses was when he struck the rock.

Our Christian experience varies from person to person. Some who are new in the faith, may spend days before they repent of a sin. This is not the issue in the judgment. While there is danger in slow repentance, in the judgment there is only one concern. What was the condition of the professor of God at the time his probation closed. Was he walking in the light at that time?

There are some perplexing questions surrounding this question, but it does not change the standard in the judgment. The character is fixed and the judgment will reveal the character of the individual at the time of his death. The idea that it is not the person's character, but that Christ's character stands in our place is widely taught. We need to be very clear on this point or many will one day be disappointed to find out it was their character that needed to be perfected in order to attaint to eternal life.

If we desire to be saints in heaven, we must first be saints upon this earth. This is heresy to many professing Christians today.

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 04-30-2004).]

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »
To Jean, Richard, Clive, Marie.... I had to throw this in at this most appropriate time!

I dreamed death came the other night,
And heavens gate swung wide,
With kindly grace an angel
Ushered me inside.

And then to my astonishment
Stood folk I'd known on earth;
Some I'd judged and labled
As "unfit" or of "no worth."

Questioning words rose to my lips,
But never were set free;
Yet every face showed stunned surprise,
Not one expected me.

So you see, we are to leave it to the Lord, and when we get there, we will soon see who made it or who did not.  That first thousand years will be painful for some of us when we see some that didn't show, and then again surprise to see those we didn't expect.  God help us all to be there.

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???