Author Topic: Investigative Judgment  (Read 133292 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Investigative Judgment
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2002, 09:39:00 AM »
Sister Claudia, your questions are thought provoking. In regards to the parables, the "ten virgins" reveal that five had made the necessary preparations and were allowed in. The five foolish did not. The judgment will reveal who has and has not made preparation. The wedding garment is the same thing. Who has put on Christ. The character is seen and if the character of Christ is not ours, we shall not be allowed into heaven. The same theme is seen running throughout the Bible and the parables.  The fruit of one's relationship is seen and written down. When Jesus came to the barren fig tree, it had no fruit, but did profess to be a good tree. It was destroyed. The lessons are all very clear that all will receive according to the deeds done in the flesh. God will judge.

You ask about the Sabbath and the judgment. God is so good!  All will be given a last chance to accept the truth before probation closes. What could God make as the last test for man before the judgment closes? Something that none could easily miss. Yes, one of the Ten Commandments. We know that they were written with the finger of God. Even the beast power holds up the Ten Commandments.

The reason for the emphasis on the 4th commandment during the real Day of Atonement is because it is the last great test. God allowed this truth to be covered up to a great degree for many years, but in the end times it is to be restored. It is not a difficult thing to prove. And,  at a time when the human race is at it's weakest point God will restore His image to the greatest degree in His people. The Sabbath blessing will be a help in doing this.

You also ask why we are to be held to a higher level of accountability. To whom much is given much is expected. God has always been absolutely fair. His justice has never been sacrificed. It will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah than for Seventh-day Adventists who have had great light and not walked in it. The world continues to suffer because we have not been the church that we ought to have been. Jesus should have come long ago, but we have failed to do that which was entrusted to us.

By His grace we shall do the work and Christ shall soon return.

Hope this helps some. I am sure others will add to it.   :)  Do you have an idea as to why the Sabbath is so important today?

In His love and grace,         Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Clive Nevell

• http://
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2002, 12:47:00 PM »
The Great Controversy, p. 640

"The enemies of God's law, from the ministers down to the least among them, have a new conception of truth and duty. Too late they see that the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is the seal of the living God. Too late they see the true nature of their spurious sabbath and the sandy foundation upon which they have been building. They find that they have been fighting against God. Religious teachers have led souls to perdition while professing to guide them to the gates of Paradise. Not until the day of final accounts will it be known how great is the responsibility of men in holy office and how terrible are the results of their unfaithfulness. Only in eternity can we rightly estimate the loss of a single soul. Fearful will be the doom of him to whom God shall say: Depart, thou wicked servant. {GC 640.1}

The voice of God is heard from heaven, declaring the day and hour of Jesus' coming, and delivering the everlasting covenant to His people. Like peals of loudest thunder His words roll through the earth. The Israel of God stand listening, with their eyes fixed upward. Their countenances are lighted up with His glory, and shine as did the face of Moses when he came down from Sinai. The wicked cannot look upon them. And when the blessing is pronounced on those who have honored God by keeping His Sabbath holy, there is a mighty shout of victory. {GC 640.2}

Soon there appears in the east a small black cloud, about half the size of a man's hand. It is the cloud which surrounds the Saviour and which seems in the distance to be shrouded in darkness. The people of God know this to be the sign of the Son of man. In solemn silence they gaze upon it as it (p. 641) draws nearer the earth, becoming lighter and more glorious, until it is a great white cloud, its base a glory like consuming fire, and above it the rainbow of the covenant. Jesus rides forth as a mighty conqueror. Not now a "Man of Sorrows," to drink the bitter cup of shame and woe, He comes, victor in heaven and earth, to judge the living and the dead. "Faithful and True," "in righteousness He doth judge and make war." And "the armies which were in heaven" (Revelation 19:11, 14) follow Him. With anthems of celestial melody the holy angels, a vast, unnumbered throng, attend Him on His way. The firmament seems filled with radiant forms--"ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands." No human pen can portray the scene; no mortal mind is adequate to conceive its splendor. "His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of His praise. And His brightness was as the light." Habakkuk 3:3,4. As the living cloud comes still nearer, every eye beholds the Prince of life. No crown of thorns now mars that sacred head; but a diadem of glory rests on His holy brow. His countenance outshines the dazzling brightness of the noonday sun. "And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, King of kings, and Lord of lords." Revelation 19:16. {GC 640.3}

A few years ago I was in a church taking the devine service and this was the only quote that I had read from SOP. Shaking my hand at the end of the service a man said to me "that was a very good service, but you want to leave behind the little red books"

One can not have the true Sabbath and separate the judgement from it.

Clive

Claudia Marie

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2002, 06:11:00 PM »
Im really thankful for all your replies   :)

Tomorrow I will have to come back and read through them again. My husband's coming home late tonight and I have to go soon because of that.

Anyway I just wanted to say thank you and to Richard I wanted to briefly explain a reason Ive thought up as to why the Sabbath is so important today.

Ok, in Revelation it talks about two camps of people basically... those in Babylon and those in the Remanant. One is involved in Sunday worship, the other in the true Sabbath or the seal of God.

Remember when in Ezekiel 8 and 9 (I think( it talks about how the Holy Spirit led Ezekiel to see what was really going on in God's sanctuary? He saw leader "worshipping the sun towards the east". Then after that in Ezekiel 9 the angel of God cuts down the ancient men and does the seal of God on God's people who were sighing and crying for all that was going on. I see a correlation between the sun worship verses sabbath keepers there and the sunworshippers verses the sabbath keepers in Revelation.

Sundau keepers were in "Babylon" involved in paganism... anyway Sister White said God's people would expose the inroads of spiritualism and catholicism in the false churches. Remember where I just quoted above about what happens to those who dont follow Jesus into the most holy place? they become involved in things like memerism... which is part of spiritualism.

Anyway the more I thought about it, -see, Sister White said we'd be somewhat involved in pantheism, which is spiritualism, she said. ...the omega apostasy. well see the 7th day Sabbath says "worship Him who CREATED the heavens and the earth". but Ellen White said that mankind would be worhsipped as "God" in testimonies to ministers. the true Sabbath points out God as the true God, the Creator... but Babylon says man is God (such as the pope with the catholic church and such as mankind itself and nature with the pagan dragon... new age stuff, etc... spiritualism and catholicism would join hand in hand) thats why in daniel it says he would worship the god of forces (the new age god of pantheism) and seek to change times and laws.

its like, one sabbath calls man and nature God and the other points to the true God, the Creator.

well this must sound like Im rambling cause Im trying to hurry.

But anyways that just one reason I think the sabbath is so important... but I was trying to get it into my head the relation of it all with the Investigative Judgment.

ok I will come and read your posts through again tomorrow   :) ,,,EG White said there will come a time when many SDAs will realize they dont even know why they believe what they believe, and I dont want to be one of them, so thats why I want to understand this subject so much..

Thanks again so much,

Claudia

Claudia

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2002, 07:33:00 PM »
Sounds right on, Sister Claudia. As we seek to better understand the truth and are willing to walk in all that we learn, we shall grow together in our understanding. Self will die as we see the love of God for us despite our sinfulness. Jesus will empower us to keep ALL of the commandments of God. This is why the investigative judgment is so important to rightly understand. Those who have not made a full surrender to Christ cannot keep the law and therefore have to devise a new teaching in harmony with their experience unless they want to obey God.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2002, 08:04:00 AM »
"Why is it that we during this time in history are seemingly held more responsible and to a higher standard than people in the past were?"

It might appear that we are held to a higher standard than people in the past were, but I do not believe this is so. What I do believe is God is a Just God (1 John 1:9). And because God is Just, therefore the same thing it took for Adam to be saved IS THE SAME THING IT TAKES FOR US TODAY TO BE SAVED: unreserved obedience to God and His Word. The Bible tells us:

"...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31).

The Way to be saved is simple. The problem is down, through the ages, WE HUMANS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE MADE IT DIFFICULT!!! The Bible makes it clear that all one has to do to be saved is believe on Jesus Christ. But there is a problem. TRUE BELIEF in Christ means we will faithfully COPY THE MASTERPIECE and order our lives after His Divine Likeness:

Therefore if ANY MAN be in Christ, he is a new creature: OLD THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY; behold, ALL THINGS are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17. Emphasis mine throughout.

THERE IS THE PROBLEM! The Bible says if any man be in Christ, ALL THINGS ARE TO BECOME NEW!!! But, as with Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-5), many professed Christians are guilty of HOLDING BACK some little "pet sin(s)" in their lives that they are NOT WILLING to give up. But GOD SEES ALL AND HE KNOWS ALL! Therefore, the warning to us all is:

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: FOR WHATSOEVER A MAN SOWETH, THAT SHALL HE ALSO REAP." Galatians 6:7.

M.A.    

M.A.

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2002, 08:37:00 AM »
Sis. Claudia, in reading your posts, I believe you have a good understanding of the relationship between the Judgment Hour and the Sabbath Message. Let us continue to pray and ask the Lord to give us the understanding we stand in need of as we continue to read the Word of God. I am THOROUGHLY CONVINCED in my own mind that when we study God's Word for understanding in order to BE A DOER of that Word, the Holy Spirit will recognize this and will fortify our minds and give us what we stand in need of. Let me very briefly make one last comment on why it seems that more is spiritually required of us in these last days than in the former.

Someone has said in essence (it may have been Ellen G. White) that the Gospel is not going to close with ANY LESS GLORY than when it began. I believe that many who are alive right now will be alive when Christ returns in the clouds. As I stated in my previous posts, this is the reason why those who are alive when Christ returns must be counted among the "repairers of the breach" (Isa 58:12) because no one will be translated into God's Kingdom who is not a keeper of all Ten of God's Commandments. And no one will be translated who is not covered with the Robe of Christ's Righteousness. These individuals will make up the 144,000 of Revelation 7:4. Notice that these individuals shall be sealed with the Seal of the Living God which is elaborated on in my  two previous posts.

M.A.

M.A.

Clive Nevell

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2002, 08:06:00 PM »
In looking at the judgement we also need to look at the day of atonement that the Children of Israel clebrated evry year.
I am taking these thoughts from lesson 19 of Amazing Facts.
"Lords goat slain to cover sins of the people.
Priest ministered the blood before the mercy seat.
Judgement took place in this order: (1) righteous confirmed, (2) the unrpentant cut off, and (3) the recored of sin removed from the sanctuary.
Record of sin -placed upon the scapegoat
Scapegoat sent into the wilderness.
People cleansed from their sins.
All begin with a clean slate."

This took place in the earthly sanctuary and we have a corresponding symbolic application in the heavenly sanctuary. Point one below relationg to point one above.

"Jesus sacrificial death as man's substitute (1 Cor 15:3; 5:7)
Jesus as our High Priest restores people to God's image (Hebrews 4:14-16; Rom 8:29)
Judgement provides records to confirm lives-good and bad-and then removes the record of sin from the heavenly sanctuary. (Rev 20:12; Acts 3;19-21)
Responsibility for originating sin and for causing all people to sin is placed upon satan. (1 John 3:8; Rev 22:12)
Satan banished into the wilderness (1,000 years of Rev chapter 20)
Satan, sin, and sinners erdicated permantly (Rev 20;10; 21:8; Ps 37:10,20; Nahum 1:9)
New earth created for God's people. Everything lost by sine is restored to the Lord's saints.
(2 Peter 3;13; Acts 3:20,21)

Although Christ's atonement on the cross was a complete sacrifice the full atonement is not complete until the human race have been restored to pre-sin condition. That sin will never raise its ugly head again.

Clive

Clive Nevell

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2002, 12:49:00 PM »
Some promises regarding the judgement from the SOP.

The Present Truth, November 1, 1850,

Article Title: Dear Brethren and Sisters

"Then I was shown that the seven last plagues will be poured out, after Jesus leaves the Sanctuary. Said the angel--It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked. At the voice of God the saints will be mighty and terrible as an army with banners; but they will not then execute the judgment written. The execution of the judgment will be at the close of the 1000 years.

After the saints are changed to immortality, and are caught up together, and receive their harps, crowns, &c., and enter the Holy City, Jesus and the saints set in judgment. The books are opened, the book of life and the book of death; the book of life contains the good deeds of the saints, and the book of death contains the evil deeds of the wicked. These books were compared with the Statute book, the Bible, and according to that they were judged. The saints in unison with Jesus pass their judgment upon the wicked dead. Behold ye! said the angel, the saints sit in judgment, in unison with Jesus, and mete out to each of the wicked, according to the deeds done in the body, and it is set off against their names what they must receive, at the execution of the judgment. This, I saw, was the work of the saints with Jesus, in the Holy City before it descends to the earth, through the 1000 years. Then at the close of the 1000 years, Jesus, and the angels, and all the saints with him, leaves the Holy City, and while he is descending to the earth with them, the wicked dead are raised, and then the very men that "pierced him," being raised, will see him afar off in all his glory, the angels and saints with him, and will wail because of him. They will see the prints of the nails in his hands, and in his feet, and where they thrust the spear into his side. The prints of the nails and the spear will then be his glory. It is at the close of the 1000 years that Jesus stands upon the Mount of Olives, and the Mount parts asunder, and it becomes a mighty plain, and those who flee at that time are the wicked, that have just been raised. Then the Holy City comes down and settles on the plain.

Then Satan imbues the wicked, that have been raised, with his spirit. He flatters them that the army in the City is small, and that his army is large, and that they can overcome the saints and take the City. While Satan was rallying his army, the saints were in the City, beholding the beauty and glory of the Paradise of God. Jesus was at their head, leading them. All at once the lovely Saviour was gone from our company; but soon we heard his lovely voice, saying, "Come ye blessed of my Father inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." We gathered about Jesus, and just as he closed the gates of the City, the curse was pronounced upon the wicked. The gates were shut. Then the saints used their wings and mounted to the top of the wall of the City. Jesus was also with them; his crown looked brilliant and glorious. It was a crown within a crown, seven in number. The crowns of the saints were of the most pure gold, decked with stars. Their faces shone with glory, for they were in the express image of Jesus; and as they arose, and moved all together to the top of the City, I was enraptured with the sight.

Then the wicked saw what they had lost; and fire was breathed from God upon them, and consumed them. This was the Execution of the Judgment The wicked then received according as the saints in unison with Jesus had meted out to them during the 1000 years. The same fire from God that consumed the wicked, purified the whole earth. The broken ragged mountains melted with fervent heat, the atmosphere, also, and all the stubble was consumed. Then our inheritance opened before us, glorious and beautiful, and we inherited the whole earth made new. We all shouted with a loud voice, Glory, Alleluia.

I also saw that the shepherds should consult those in whom they have reason to have confidence, those who have been in all the messages, and are firm in all the present truth, before they advocate any new point of importance, which they may think the Bible sustains. Then the shepherds will be perfectly united, and the union of the shepherds will be felt by the church. Such a course I saw would prevent unhappy divisions, and then there would be no danger of the precious flock being divided, and the sheep scattered, without a shepherd.

September 23d, the Lord showed me that he had stretched out his hand the second time to recover the remnant of his people, and that efforts must be redoubled in this gathering time. In the scattering time Israel was smitten and torn; but now in the gathering time God will heal and bind up his people. In the scattering, efforts made to spread the truth had but little effect, accomplished but little or nothing; but in the gathering when God has set his hand to gather his people, efforts to spread the truth will have their designed effect. All should be united and zealous in the work. I saw that it was a shame for any to refer to the scattering for examples to govern us now in the gathering; for if God does no more for us now than he did then, Israel would never be gathered. It is as necessary that the truth should be published in a paper, as preached.

The Lord showed me that the 1843 chart was directed by his hand, and that no part of it should be altered; that the figures were as he wanted them. That his hand was over and hid a mistake in some of the figures, so that none could see it, until his hand was removed.

Then I saw in relation to the "Daily," that the word "sacrifice" was supplied by man's wisdom, and does not belong to the text; and that the Lord gave the correct view of it to those who gave the judgment hour cry. When union existed, before 1844, nearly all were united on the correct view of the "Daily;" but since 1844, in the confusion, other views have been embraced, and darkness and confusion has followed.

The Lord showed me that Time had not been a test since 1844, and that time will never again be a test.

Then I was pointed to some who are in the great error, that the saints are yet to go to Old Jerusalem, &c., before the Lord comes. Such a view is calculated to take the mind and interest from the present work of God, under the message of the third angel; for if we are to go to Jerusalem, then our minds will naturally be there, and our means will be withheld from other uses, to get the saints to Jerusalem. I saw that the reason why they were left to go into this great error, is because they have not confessed and forsaken their errors, that they have been in for a number of years past."

Clive

Mr David T Battler

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2002, 06:56:00 PM »
Hello

I totally forgot this thread was here, that's why I started a similar one in the worship forum...

After looking through this thread, and all the posts, I was wondering if we could back up just a little bit, as I want to explore a couple of things, to understand them better.

In Daniel 7:10, the statement is made: "The judgement was set, and the books were opened."

What does this verse mean?  Is it something obscure, relegated to the past, that theology buffs discuss, or, are their things there for this, our present age?

When and how did Daniel 7:10 ocurr, and why is it important to us today?

------------------
Fuel to burn, and roads to drive: Dan.11:32

Mr David T Battler

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2002, 09:45:00 PM »
Brother David, on May 13 of this year you will find part of your concern answered.

Richard

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2002, 08:22:00 AM »
Seventh-day Adventists understand this passage and there is no question as to what it means. Yes, there are those that are in rebellion against the church and Jesus and are attempting to lead the sheep away from the truth.

We have been given a message to give to the world. Rev. 14:7 "Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." We all know it and we all know what it means. It is a reference to Daniel 7:10. Yes, there is a "judgment". Daniel explains that this judgment began in 1844 (see 1844 topic). We see the "books were opened." Yes, there are books in heaven with all of our sins recorded and all of our good deeds.

The knowledge of the "judgment" was not understood by Daniel, but was sealed until the time of the end. "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Dan. 12:4. We live in the very last days and while there are many who attempt to teach a lie, there are many whom the Lord is teaching and they in turn are giving the last message of mercy to a world soon to perish.

Richard

mdg

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2003, 05:25:00 AM »
The IJ, tithe, unclean foods & anti-alchohol SDA doctrines are un-Biblical.

The SDA denomination is in serious need of reform before we sink in the theological storms that a battering the church right now!

Dr Desmond Ford should never have been defrocked by the papal GC hierarchy.  The CG papacy will never lead this denomination out of the wilderness to the gosepel truth!

The membership will have to lead this much needed reformation.  Luckily there are stalwarts such as Tom Norris who are willing to do just that.

Marcel de Groot for SDA reform.

Joan

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »

Hello, Marcel,  :)

Your family name came to my attention as we welcomed you way back in the month of November 2002 in the Welcome forum. De Groot means “the Great” in Hollandish Dutch, as you well know. Your ancestors must have done something very important in the ancient days of Holland.

Anything characterized by departure from accepted beliefs or standards of faith is heretical. Our heterodox brother in the faith, Desmond Ford, started preaching unorthodoxy and a split in the church ensued. This was not the will of God.

Unbiblical are customs, beliefs, doctrine which are deviant or foreign to the practices and beliefs of what is found as example in our cannonized Bible. The God-willed principles of materially supporting the ministry by tithing, and keeping the health of one’s body up to par by refraining to submit it to unclean foods/drink that promote long-termed harmful effects, as well as the fact that we are being watched and weighed in the balance during our santification time on earth, are all bible teachings in verity.

You wrote :
“The SDA denomination is in serious need of reform before we sink in the theological storms that a battering the church right now!”

Well said! Absolutely true. My heart is filled with the same worry you have of recognition coming from viewing the skandals, dissidents and worldly ways of our congregations.  May God be merciful to us in our pleading to him for revival of the outpouring of His Holy Spirit!

The General Conference is there for administration purposes. They are not our priests. They are not our source of personal spiritual leadership. The clergy over the USA land, reflecting a fair percentual ratio in our denomination, are doing for the most part probably the best they can. That good faithful percentage is not being acknowleged, recognized or praised. It is  the SDA clergy pushing NewCovenant theology that are leading the flocks to to muddy waters. We most certainly do have problems in the church with that matter.

To be honest with you, I have never looked to what GC does for my spiritual leadings. My personal daily connection to God through Jesus suffices me in my growth in knowledge. I am however totally grateful for the scripts of E.White that have enhanced my deeper understanding and appreciations of what I had, and am reading in my Bible. I depend on no guru, charismatic leader, man or woman, to be my standard of faith. But I do need the fellowship of like-minded Adventists who are born-again of water and Spirit for my personal encouragement and correction.

I noticed you being active over at JR’s forum place where T.Norris has posted. I am myself for reform, revival, outpour of the gifts of the Spirit at the Latter Rain.

You have noticed that here at TRO is also enough posting giving witness to the struggle for correcting false teachings. The Remnant Online Forum purpose is to resist the forces of liberalism of faith that is causing a laissez-faire gospel message in our Seventh-day Adventist church organisation.

Our Lord Jesus has given us the gospel of freedom from the bondage of sin. Be it the legal consequence resulting from it, or the habit of doing it. Through freedom in Christ we are set free indeed. Not to use our new found freedom for the modern form of freedom that is anarchy against the laws of God.

Joan

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »
Brother Marcel, as a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, you are fighting an uphill battle which will result in defeat. The truth can stand on it's own. Let us restrict ourselves to the topic at hand and you explain why God will not judge those who profess to be His disciples. Do you believe that once a Christian is baptized he may sin and still retain eternal life? Do you believe there is no need to reveal to others the condition of the hearts of those who profess Christ as Lord?

Mike Lowe

• http://www.wildernesswayadventures.com/index.html
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2003, 09:49:00 AM »
Hello. I am just now joining this study, so please forgive me if I introduce old and new insights.

The Bible clearly teaches that "we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ." 2 Cor 5:10 (see also Rom 14:10). "Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world..." Acts 17:31. The question is - When?

Since it is during this judgment "that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad" (2 Cor 5:10 and Rev 22:12) it wouldn't make sense to conduct such an investigative judgment before we live our life.

It is also clear that the purpose of such an investigative judgment is not to question or doubt our free gift of salvation in Jesus, but rather to confirm it. It is during this examination that our secret thoughts and motives are showcased for the benefit of the onlooking universe. Not until then is it known just how thoroughly we have been redeemed and set free.

All the universe will marvel at so great a salvation and will praise God for His wonderful love as revealed in the lives of sinners set free by His power and grace. Thank you Jesus.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2003, 09:26:00 AM »
Amen, Pastor Mike! It is the greatest miracle that our God can do. To change a sinner into His image. I am sure the angels never cease to be amazed at the power of such grace.

There indeed are two sides to this great event when the books in Heaven are opened. The sad side that reveals the professors who failed to accept Christ fully and the joyful side that reveals the love of God in the true believer. There are a number of reasons why this takes place and a review of this topic may be in order that we fully examine this Bible doctrine.  Happy Sabbath, all!

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »
Last night around 3.45a.m. I printed this thread and it is read now. It was so good (99%) :). Keep it going. Sister Claudia I really enjoyed your posts in here. They also show a lot of studied understanding. All of you have put in a goodly amount of our belief here of the Sabbath and the I.J that goes hand in hand with it.  Don't let the subject die, keep it going and I am going to keep on reading and enjoying.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Mike Lowe

• http://www.wildernesswayadventures.com/index.html
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »
The investigative judgment could prove disasterous for God if he fails to provide the necessary evidence to disprove Satan's accusations against the law and the Lord. In order for the great controversy to end favorably God must demonstrate that the law is indeed holy, just and good, and that the government of heaven is merciful and just. Otherwise the security of the universe would be threatened beyond repair.

If there were no future final investigative judgment just prior to Jesus' return in the clouds of glory there would be no equitable way for the great controversy to close with a clear winner and loser. To argue otherwise begs the purpose of these past 6,000 years of sin and woe. There is no legitimate way to explain why Jesus hasn't returned yet unless we confess that not all the issues involved in the great controversy have been settled yet.

What are the issues? What's preventing Jesus from returning today? According to Matthew 24:14 the gospel obviously has not reached everyone everywhere or else Jesus would have returned by now. By association therefore the true gospel must be accepted or rejected by every living soul in order for the great controversy to reach a climax.

What is the truth about the gospel? The Bible clearly teaches that the gospel promises freedom from sin and sinning through a saving relationship with Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour. Once we receive the sinless mind of the new man, and so long as we abide in Christ and walk in the Spirit and mind of the new man we do not and cannot commit a known sin. Once this truth is either accepted or rejected by every living person and revealed during the investigative judgment then - and only then - can the great controversy end favorably.

1 John
3:9   Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

2 Peter
1:3   According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:  
 1:4   Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust....  
 1:10   Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:  

1 Peter
4:1   Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;  
 4:2   That he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.  

Hebrews
 13:20   Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,  
 13:21   Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.  

Colossians
4:12   Epaphras, who is [one] of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.  

Philippians
2:12   Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  
 2:13   For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Ephesians
 4:21   If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:  
 4:22   That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;  
 4:23   And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;  
 4:24   And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.  

Galatians
 5:16   [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  

Galatians
 2:20   I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.  

1 Corinthians
 5:17   Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  

Romans
 6:6   Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.  
 6:7   For he that is dead is freed from sin.  
 6:11   Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  
 6:18   Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.  
 6:22   But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.  

John
 14:12   Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  

John
 3:5   Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  
 3:6   That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  

Matthew
 5:48   Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.  

Matthew
 1:21   And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.  

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2003, 08:26:00 PM »
Brother Marcel said "Dr Desmond Ford should never have been defrocked..."  He also said that the investigative judgment is not Biblical. I do believe that his comments should give reason for those who are not familiar with the issues surrounding Desmond Ford to understand there was a good reason that he lost his ministerial credentials.

Brother Marcel is welcome to present why he thinks the investigative judgment is not Biblical. The truth can stand on it's own. When the books in heaven were opened, the hour of God's judgment began. It is impossible to be a Seventh-day Adventist for very long and reject the third angel's message which begins with "Fear God and give glory to Him for the hour of His judgment is begun."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2003, 08:33:00 PM »
When we began this topic it was with great joy. We knew that the doctrine was under attack. There is good reason why. The devil hates it just as much as does our Brother Marcel. It reveals the narrow road to heaven.