Author Topic: Fires  (Read 54662 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Fires
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2009, 08:39:57 AM »
Entire neighborhoods in Auburn near Highway 49 were scorched down to the foundations, and firefighter resources were so focused on extinguishing the blaze that officials were not able to provide an accurate count of homes and businesses lost until late Sunday night. At least 60 homes and businesses are known to have been destroyed.

http://cbs13.com/local/auburn.vegetation.fire.2.1153210.html
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2009, 08:59:09 AM »
Fueled by hot weather and dense, dry brush, the blaze is threatening 12,000 buildings and key communications masts. Two firefighters were killed on Sunday after their vehicle was overrun by flames and rolled down a mountainside.

The fire has been growing steadily, doubling in size on Sunday. Mr Dietrich said it was possible it would double in size yet again over the next few days. Some 6,600 homes are under mandatory evacuation orders. State Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger described the blazes as "still totally out of control".

The fires also threaten communication towers housing transmitters for all Los Angeles' major TV stations.

source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2009, 08:36:06 AM »
We had fires in the foothills above our little town all summer. Not sure if they're gone yet or not, but one day they were so heavy and strong that the entire waterfront town where I live was covered in smoke.  :-[We had 12 fires going at once, and they covered hundreds of acres.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 06:56:06 AM »
From CNN:

(CNN) -- Evacuations were ordered and classes canceled as crews battled a fast-moving wildfire near Boulder, Colorado, early Tuesday, authorities said.

"Approximately 3,000 residents are in the evacuation areas," Boulder's emergency management office said. "The Four Mile Canyon Fire is a wind-driven fire burning in steep, rocky, and hard to access terrain west and north of the City of Boulder."

No injuries were reported as 3,500 acres have burned in the blaze, being fought by 100 firefighters from 35 different agencies.

More here: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/07/wildfires/index.html?hpt=T2
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
The Boulder fire doubled in size today. CNN

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2010, 06:10:08 AM »

More than 80 Fires Across Detroit

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Detroit's Fire Commissioner told Action News fires were burning at 80 locations between 4:00pm and 8:00pm Tuesday. No word on how many homes and buildings were destroyed. Many of the destroyed homes were abandoned.

Multiple homes were destroyed on Detroit's east side.

On Moenart Street and Luce Avenue near Mound and McNichols 7 homes caught fire.

On Van Dyke near Quinn firefighters worked to control 20 homes. The fire spread across the city block to Robinwood Street. Firefighters say it’s possible the blazes in this neighborhood were ignited by a faulty transformer spraying sparks. Those sparks were carried by strong winds and started fires at a number of other houses. Folks on the block say they alerted DTE to the problem last week and nothing was done. Action News contacted DTE and they tell us they are investigating those claims.

An abandoned commercial building also burned near Chene and Hendrie on the city's east side.

On Detroit's west side four homes burned on Stoepel near Livernois and Margareta Avenue.

The Fire Commissioner told Action News during the height of the fires 236 firefighters were working. One firefighter was injured during the afternoon.

More here

Vicki

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2010, 05:37:09 AM »
And we wake up to another one:

CA fire

"It looked like hell on earth. I have never seen a ball of fire that huge," Bob Pellegrini said.

It is coming - but Jesus is coming sooner!  :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2010, 06:32:47 AM »
Such horrifying news. One event doesn't end before another arises.

Vicki

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »
That's what I was thinking, too. Major earthquakes used to be years apart, then months - lately it appears to be every week! Add fires, floods & other calamities to it and it appears not a day goes by without something horrific.

:-[ The smilie face was for Jesus coming. Although the end of sin & temptation will be a joyous occassion, I don't think I will be happy to see the destruction of the wicked. I'm sure you all read it as I intended, but since some think we will be happy watching the wicked burn throughout eternity I thought I should clarify. I was dismayed re-reading my previous post. :-[

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2012, 05:40:55 AM »
Colorado fire still not contained. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18407067

New Mexico fires burn 278,000 acres while some progress to extinguish is made. Story and photos.

http://blogs.krqe.com/2012/06/11/little-bear-fire-weather-update/

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »
Worst fire season ever for Colorado. Colorado Springs is on fire.  source

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2014, 05:44:39 AM »
California's fire season, which traditionally runs from May to October, is on track to be the most destructive on record, state fire managers say.

Reuters

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »
There is drought and there is drought. When you get hordes of people moving into the state, stopping the building of dams, and diverting water from orchards to protect the snail darter, then in fairly normal rainfall years, you have a drought. This year was an exception, it was a real drought, with little rain through  last winter. So far, it appears to be continuing. We generally have a few storms by now, but so far we have not had any rain and the temperature is hot. The lakes are low and the water table is falling. If we get a repeat of last winter, we will be in very serious trouble. The nation will be also since California produces a significant portion of the food supply including fresh  fruit,  vegetables, rice, nuts, and seeds.

And, yes, the forests are suffering from insufficient water. Another real drought this winter will set the stage for fires like we have never experienced. Sounds like prophecy being fulfilled. Look up,  our redemption draweth nigh!

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »
What are you hearing about El Nino, Richard?  A few months ago, there was talk of a possible El Nino building.  That usually means a wet winter for you guys, and a relatively mild one for us.  After last winter, we could use a break, and you could use some precipitation.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:53 AM »
Wally, the excitement in California has dimmed.  El  Nino is dependent upon warm Pacific Ocean water. With Al Gore telling us we have global warming and others telling us that the cool weather is due to the heat being soaked up by the oceans, we ought to home safe. But, it seems that all is not well with their prognostications.

"Federal forecasters say that only a 'weak' El Nino is predicted for later this year.'There is a 60-65% chance of an El Nino,' said Climate Prediction Center (CPC) deputy director." source

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2015, 05:53:38 AM »
Praying for those in California affected by fires. I used to go to the Clearlake church and have friends there that are under the evacuation advisory. Not mandatory yet, but they are only about 1.5 miles from the edge of the fire. If the winds shift it could get much worse than it is.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:24 AM »
Yes, Immanuel, the winds are being released. The drought has contributed to this, but Satan is allowed to go beyond lines that had been drawn in the past.

California has little protection from the wiles of Satan. The Lake County fire is quite a fire with many homes threatened.  There were many lightning strikes, many causing fires this past weekend. Here is a photo of the fires surrounding my property. Find the least safe spot on the map and that is where my property is.    :)    We are in God's hands and so is all that we have and all that we are. 

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »
update   ?
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Vicki

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
Driving home from church, sky hazy-grey with smoke from California fires, I thought it would be a perfect Sabbath if only the skies were blue. I was reminded it is God's light in the life that makes for a perfect Sabbath and that in this world there will be darkness.

I am sorry for the darkness that has come your way, and pray for all those affected. I hope you are blessed with a perfect Sabbath despite the fires.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »
Thank  you, Vicki. There is no darkness in my life. We are content in all situations knowing that all things work together for our good.  Sabbath is always a blessing. We too have the reminder of the all the fires burning in California. Our sky is covered by smoke.  It looks as if the fire situation is improving. Cool weather, higher humidity, and low winds have helped the fire fighters. God is GOOD!

Ed, an inversion layer has restricted air attacks on the fire.  It is expected to lift later today, but that will increase fire activity due to increased winds.  Firefighters are arriving from all areas of the United States to assist in containing the fire and that will continue today. Multiple fires have merged into two large fires in my area with additional separate fires.

Church members close by left for ASI and are not sure their house is still standing. Four structures are reported down in that area.   

In discussing insurance, I have none on this property, someone mentioned "act of God". I quickly corrected the statement saying the fires are not an act of God. God acts to protect lives and property.  We are blessed to understand that Satan is at work through "nature".   :(

We appreciate the many prayers being offered. Besides the loss of property, especially people's homes, it is also so very sad to see the multitude of trees being destroyed.  Satan is nasty. He will soon meet his end. Jesus is coming very soon!!